babyblink

All about breast pumps!

Aiyo why breastpump have to be so $$$. Those ok-ok brand are around RM200 . Those cheap brand also not cheap RM50.. Then if not good, gotto buy another one.. Haiz....

I just bought Avent BPA bottles (starter kit cost me a bomb liao RM160)

simonne,

You mean the Avent bottle u bought is BPA free? Where did u buy it? Asking for my SIL as she is using Avent non-BPA free.

linlin,

Can try first before buy one mer?

i planning to go to pureen warehouse sales to get the pureen battery operated pump.. i read in another forum, ppl commted that is quite nice..

but i got a question..where can we can the AC-adapter for pureen breastpump as it doesn't come with the box??

Hi Yvonne,

For spectra, ameda or medela you can try first before you buy. You can go to medela distributor in Ampang point for medela products. For other brand, you can try in fabulousmom, momslittleones or some other shops which operate online stores.

I have tried the medela harmony in lactequip in ampang point before I bought it.

For other brands I am not sure.

Hi mhyap1,

Are you saying that you manage to get more milk with ameda compared to Medela PISA?

yes I got more BM with Ameda. with PISA my BM didn't increase. only maintained at the same level. but for PISA my pumping session is shorter compared to Ameda. probably bcoz PISA cycle is faster...

i planning to go to pureen warehouse sales to get the pureen battery operated pump.. i read in another forum, ppl commted that is quite nice..

but i got a question..where can we can the AC-adapter for pureen breastpump as it doesn't come with the box??

the AC-adaptor can get get it from those DIY or electrical shop.

if i remember correctly, pigeon electric pump and pureen have the same design. i tried pigeon electric pump and it's another pump that fail in my rating... for pigeon electric pump that i use, there's possibility that the BM will get into the motor and I find washing the parts is quite hassle... well, this is only my personal experience with this pump though... not sure with others...

Hi islandgal,

I used pureen pump before with a AC-adapter. You can get the adapter very cheap at electrical shop. Just to let you know that the pump motor spoilt easily and there don't give any warranty for that. I broke the pump after two months of using it. My friend's friend broke three in two and a half months time.

Hi, why not consider a new brand SafetyPlus which is retailing at RM429.00? It is money for value item with dual stage expression technology similiar to Medela high end pump, battery & a/c operated and comes with a carry bag & 2 PP wide neck bottles. Works fine with me, no regret.

The best of all it comes with full silicone cup and does not have extra parts to keep track or replace. The motor is super quite and comes with 12 months warranty...oh forgot to mentioned a/c adapter also 12 months warranty. Closed system so now worry on back flow. Checked the spare part pricelist as well, low maintainance.

Bought it at Babyjaya in Damansara Utama www.babyjaya.com, they having sales right now at 15% discount.

hi..may i know how long you have use this safetyplus breastpump???

Been using it for 4 months now....the best of all the distributor provide consultation through their appointed breastfeeding consultant

linlin & simonne,

Thanks for the info. I will definitely need a trial first before buying it. Cause i plan to eye on the model i would like to buy first, and buy it later after deliver. Just afraid i would be like my mom no milk supply..

While im searching around online retail about Ameda Lactaline BP.. i'm a bit confuse on their weight. Enjoybreastfeed shows the weight is only 500g, whereas babyjaya shows 1.7kg. Which one is true?

http://www.enjoybreastfeed.com/product_inf...?products_id=96

http://www.babyjaya.com/product_info.php?c...roducts_id=3463

Hi Yvonne118,

The actual weight of the pump around 500g. Maybe babyjaya is refering to the packaging weight.

If you don't want to buy, you can rent as well or even use the hospital breast pump when you delivered your baby.

While im searching around online retail about Ameda Lactaline BP.. i'm a bit confuse on their weight. Enjoybreastfeed shows the weight is only 500g, whereas babyjaya shows 1.7kg. Which one is true?

Hi Yvonne118,

The actual weight of the pump around 500g. Maybe babyjaya is refering to the packaging weight.

I have hold ameda and medela freestyle motor side by side. Ameda is slightly lighter than medela freestyle motor but ameda is much bulkier.

If you don't want to buy, you can rent as well or even use the hospital breast pump when you delivered your baby.

i just weighted my ameda pump using the kitchen digital scale. the pump base alone weight is 457g to be accurate... hahaha...

i planning to buy Ameda oso..

where did you all buy it? wana find the cheapest i can..

is that better to buy now? or do you know that d price will increase anytime soon??

The instruction booklet do provide details on how to clean the pump right?? (Just in case if i buy online)

I am currently using the Ameda Lactaline personal and will recommed it to everyone who wishes to purchase a breast pump. I bought it for RM520 (inclusive of postage from UK) and it comes with some free milk storage bottle, valves, etc. Go to www.richardcassidy.co.uk. It arrives in exactly a week after i've paid up.

llian-33,

i did thought of getting the pump from the same seller too previously... but the problem is what if we are so unlucky the pump spoilt during the warranty period? local distributor will not cover the warranty for the pump that we got from UK. that's why i willing to fork out for additional about RM 150 to get the pump locally here.

am heavy user. i pump every 2-3 hours everyday. that's why warranty is very important to me... :P

llian-33,

i did thought of getting the pump from the same seller too previously... but the problem is what if we are so unlucky the pump spoilt during the warranty period? local distributor will not cover the warranty for the pump that we got from UK. that's why i willing to fork out for additional about RM 150 to get the pump locally here.

am heavy user. i pump every 2-3 hours everyday. that's why warranty is very important to me... :P

Hi,

same for me too. Because of the one year warranty provided by the local distributor, I have dropped the idea of buying from overseas. Furthermore, I have peace in mind when using the pump. If anything wrong with the pump, I can contact the distributor directly and they are willing to loan me a temporary motor until they fix or replace the pump motor for me.

For Ameda Lactaline Dual Breastpump, the cheapest online shop in malaysia is www.enjoybreastfeed.com.. I knew this as I bought from them two weeks ago. Had done some research for Ameda . Plus enjoybreastfeed is having sales & giving FOC delivery for purchases of above RM600 .

Since I bought Ameda, I took advantage of the FOC delivery by buying the Earth Mama strecth Oil , Mom's precious back pack bag and mom's precious cooler bag. All items I ordered is cheaper at enjoybreastfeed.

Actually, most of the products there is cheaper than any other online shops.

hi, for those working moms..

i just wonder, each day in office u pumps for few times ...

do you just sterilize the pump in the morning is enough or do we need to sterilize after each use??? or how is that??

islandgal,

for myself, i sterilize all the parts in the morning using steriliser b4 i go to office. then in office i'll sterilize using boiling water after each pumping session.

hi, for those working moms..

i just wonder, each day in office u pumps for few times ...

do you just sterilize the pump in the morning is enough or do we need to sterilize after each use??? or how is that??

Hi,

I sterilize the parts in the morning before I go to office, then in office after I use it, I put the parts in a tupperware container and put the whole container in the fridge. I only sterilize it again after I go back home. I have been practising this for months already and so far ok. I find cleaning the parts in office is very troublesome.