babyblink

All about breast pumps!

Fluene

If i'm not mistaken, online stores like fabulousmom and momlittleones have demo units for testing for medela or spectra or some other brands. not certain bout avent. Maybe u can check them out.

I'm so envious of those using medela freestyle la... imagine the ease and convenience! I am a Medela PIS user and have been using my PIS since last Apr 2008 till today. Works great for me and helped maintain my supply. Much nicer to use than the normal medela electric pump. I heard avent is also very comfortable to use and friends who have used avent before swears by it, especially the Avent ISIS manual.

But seriously, i would strongly suggest u get a double pump for sanity's sake. twins! i'm sorry but i douvt u can afford the luxury of taking ur own sweet time to pump :P what's more, a good pump can really really help maintain, if not boost ur supply by increasing the 'demand' for milk, hence the supply and number of letdowns. also, by using a dual pump, it's like practising tandem nursing too.

Ice, me baru just replied to your email regarding the pump. Over here, they don't sell the standard in the box set - so all the Isis iQ UNO comes as the "out and about" set. You should get the manual parts together with whatever set you buy...but not too sure about the spare parts (although I think it should come with that as well).

The free shipping plus taxes applies to just Switzerland so am not sure how much they would charge if you're shipping it to Malaysia. What I would suggest that you try shopping over Ebay and see how it goes - I found some pretty good bargains when I was doing the whole hunting and price comparison.

bunnyNwife,

since ur set is from US, then u need to buy the adapter/plug to be used in malaysia? where can we get it? coz i'm considering to buy either PISA or freestyle via ebay too.

thanks!

Thanks mei...i will try to source from ebay as well la then :-)

Ice, me baru just replied to your email regarding the pump. Over here, they don't sell the standard in the box set - so all the Isis iQ UNO comes as the "out and about" set. You should get the manual parts together with whatever set you buy...but not too sure about the spare parts (although I think it should come with that as well).

The free shipping plus taxes applies to just Switzerland so am not sure how much they would charge if you're shipping it to Malaysia. What I would suggest that you try shopping over Ebay and see how it goes - I found some pretty good bargains when I was doing the whole hunting and price comparison.

pebbles91,

Please check carefully whenever you buy any electrical from US as not all can support both 110V (US) and 240V (Asia). Assuming it can support 240V, then all you need is just adaptor/plug to convert the flat 2 pin to our typical 3 pin plug where u can get it easily from ACE or even Jusco, Carrefour, etc

thanks for your advice bunnyNwife. i'll check with the seller. i still dunno which breast pump to go for. hopefully with more mommies review and recommendation, i can make a decision and order mine soon.

Seeing so many suggestions for dual pump, I went to have a look at the demo sets today. The Ameda Lactaline personal seems quite good. Noise is minimal and the size and weight is also acceptable. Price is also reasonable. But of course I did not tried on my breasts lah. So any comments on this pump?

Fluene, my cousin did mention that this brand is much more popular than Medela in the States and quite good in terms of function and so forth. The only main concern she had (because she's selling this and Medela) is the spare parts for repair - difficult to find and such. I could email and ask her more about it... :smile:

Fluene, my cousin did mention that this brand is much more popular than Medela in the States and quite good in terms of function and so forth. The only main concern she had (because she's selling this and Medela) is the spare parts for repair - difficult to find and such. I could email and ask her more about it... :smile:

Your cousin is in the States or Malaysia? Do ask her more for me, ok? Thanks ya!!

fluene..

i just came back from fabulous mom store in puchong..

there are having sales until tomorrow, and i just bought the ameda breastpump at 15%.. after discount rm669...

fluene..

i just came back from fabulous mom store in puchong..

there are having sales until tomorrow, and i just bought the ameda breastpump at 15%.. after discount rm669...

Very cheap! Where is this store? Do they have branches anywhere else?

This is the website: www.fabulousmom.com , there posted the the map too..

main store at puchong, branch at TTDI..

i just posted the sales location n time in this thread as well.. http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/index....showtopic=14016

i never thought to buy the breastpump til i went there n saw 15%..so i just buy it without 2nd thought cause many online shop selling rm709.. moreover can use credit card in the store..so just swipe credit card (i'm using citibank credit card, can get some rebate there too) hehehe

i bought their JA breastmilk storage bags...very cheap!! rm8.90 for 25bag/pack (reseable type,normal rm14.90)..abt 36cents per bag.. so i bought 10 packs..some disposable maternity underwear n 1 nursing bra, i think i will go back there again tmr to buy the nursing bra.. just tested it at home and i feel comfy..tmr wil go to buy few more :-p

This is the website: www.fabulousmom.com , there posted the the map too..

i just posted the sales location n time in this thread as well.. http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/index....showtopic=14016

i never thought to buy the breastpump til i went there n saw 15%..so i just buy it without 2nd thought cause many online shop selling rm709.. moreover can use credit card in the store..so just swipe credit card (i'm using citibank credit card, can get some rebate there too) hehehe

i bought their JA breastmilk storage bags...very cheap!! rm8.90 for 25bag/pack (reseable type,normal rm14.90)..abt 36cents per bag.. so i bought 10 packs..some disposable maternity underwear n 1 nursing bra, i think i will go back there again tmr to buy the nursing bra.. just tested it at home and i feel comfy..tmr wil go to buy few more :-p

But I read from their website, it says that Sunday they are closed?

But I read from their website, it says that Sunday they are closed?

normally sunday they close, but this week the store are doing stock clearance sales (thursday to sunday).. so it's open tomorrow at puchong and ttdi..

the mail i received stated that the last clearance sales was 2 years ago..so i guess it's only this time can get this good bargain

Fluene, my cuz finally got back to me with some info on Ameda pumps! Here's what she wrote...

any types (single or double) pumps are suitable, but is the schedule of

pumping or planning of pump is important to get suffi ebm(express brest

milk)for the bb. why i suggest ameda pump is that it can be converted from

dual pump to be single pump. for dual you can pump two brest together to

collect more coz let down come same time, and that also give your body a

stimulation that you have twins to feed and when you pump more frequent

you will have more!!

i personally found ameda is the best so far as i am user for 7 years of

the brand and its so easy to handle. just wash the bottle and breast

shield. and the valve and diaphgram just soak with hot water. and the rest

of the item including motor not need to wash...just used damp cloth to

wipe. further more the motor have vacuum (suction control) and the speed

(stimulation control) adjusted on your comfortable.

ameda come with adaptor and battery operated. if you neeed to pump at car

you need to buy your own car adaptor under same valve.

one thing good about ameda is that u can pump directly into the milk bottle storage.

so less thing to wash...

so far mom precious and bumble bee milk bottle storage can be use. The rest i'm not sure.

Thanks Mabel! Now I can buy the Ameda with peace of mind.

I plan to bf even after I've started working again. I wonder is it worth to get the travel bag as well? So far the best bargain I've come across is the travel bag + cooler bag + 1 reusable ice pack + 6 storage bottles + the Ameda pump = RM789

Why do we need to use breast shield?

Thanks Mabel! Now I can buy the Ameda with peace of mind.

I plan to bf even after I've started working again. I wonder is it worth to get the travel bag as well? So far the best bargain I've come across is the travel bag + cooler bag + 1 reusable ice pack + 6 storage bottles + the Ameda pump = RM789

Why do we need to use breast shield?

Hi Fluene,

YOu can have peace of mind with ameda. I am an ameda user for seven months now and my milk supply is enough two kids, a 10 months old and a 5 year old.

Breast shield, if I'm not mistaken, is to protect the nipples from chafing and to collect excess BM. But over here leh, the midwife said that airing your nipples regularly is still better than breast shield. (So I didn't get any. :lol: )

Fluene

Usually, when u buy the pump, it should be inclusive of a set of breast shields. U only buy the shields later on for replacement when ur existing ones wear out.

But i presume u are asking about those breast shells? They come in handy when u have sore nipples and have no time to air them. When u have sore nipples, any pressure/contact applied to the nipples might irritate or trigger pain and discomfort, particularly when they especially sore. I have the avent ones so I can only comment on that. It comes in 2 layers. the inner silicone layer holds the nipple and breast in place and exerts a little pressure that helps relieve engorgement. the outer shell is ventilated, thereby promoting circulation and separating the nipples from ur clothes/bra. The set also comes with another set of shells that is not ventilated and is used with the same inner layer of silicone for milk collection. It's kinda expensive but i think it's worth the investment for working moo moo mummies, especially to collect leaking milk and to air their sore nipples.

Sorry to interrupt.... I was wondering did anyone have suggestions / info about Medela's Pump?

Saw two of them the other day

one is Mini Electric Plus (with two pumps) the other one is single pump, just would like to check..... is there any big difference between them?

single pump or dual pump is better?

mela,

if you scroll back & read from page 1, a few of us posted our experiences with Medela pumps :). dont think anyone here used mini electric plus though. the single one yes la (i presume you are talking about mini electric)

I check out fabulousmom website. Now no more sales. Ameda - Lactaline Dual Breastpump back to RM788 :( Wondering if it's ok for me to get Spectra 7 instead? Spectra 7 is RM440.30 and Ameda is RM709.20 at enjoybreastfeed.com. Any idea which one is better? But of coz, budget also is my main concern. Previously I bf my first child for 1yr, merely on hand expression coz that was 11yrs ago, don't have such luxury of so many brands to choose.