babyblink

All about breast pumps!

<br />
dear all,<br /><br />Yesterday, I went to Momslittleones' shop which is near Jusco Equine Park. I'm glad I made that trip as I got more insights on Spectra 3 breastpump(BP) and Ameda Lactaline BP. Talking to Sue ( the shop assistant cum breast pump user ) and seeing both pumps helped a lot . For now I know which one is the easier BP, cheap BP, and suitable BP for my needs. <br />This is what I found:
<br /><br />i went to the shop just now at lunch time..and talked to Sue oso and wana checked n see the particles there too..<br />very nice lady, showing how the BP works.. for first time mummy like me, and 1st time seeing how electrical BP works quite amazed me.. i was thinking by myself &quot;uhh..that's how it works&quot; ..i'm so kampung laa..kakakakakakaka<br />very nice lady in explaining everything, even when i tell her i am just checking out, not going to buy yet for now..<br /><br />she told me spectra 3 BP will increase the price to 400++ on April 15th onwards..<br />
<br /><br /><br />

hehe i thought i'm the noly felt like kampung when finally got a chance to see how its work...and these saleslady ( i went to one shop at penang) they tell me everything and show me how it work even i've already told i'm just looking around.still havent decide which pump to buy....mybe the spectra 3 set or maybe only the single pump aveda

Hi all,

I am due in next month (mid)

I'm planning to give my baby breast feeding. Have not buy any breast pump yet as afraid just in case i do not have milk supply and purchase the breast pump wil be a waste.

Other wise might get hubby buy the breast pump in the mid of breast feeding...Heard that Avent is good?

hi simonne,

u r due in 1 mth time oh, how u feel now? will u deliver at TDMC? (sorry, out of topic...)

my sis-in-law n friend told me avent manual pump is good, easy to use n no need to worry bout power supply eg. battery etc. my friend told me using electric one will be bit troublesome and will hv noise. i think i'm going to get one too...

simonne, cutiecate,

if u gals wish to get the Avent breast pump, u can grab it at Jusco start 17 Apr. All avent product discount 30% in Jusco. Very worth it.

hey beibei..

i believe need to have voucher to be entitle for the discount izit?? because i was at my fren's house and i saw jusco sent them a booklet that are full of discount of voucher...so i cut it off..

sweetcherry have 20% discount too (OUT OF TOPIC)

hey beibei..

i believe need to have voucher to be entitle for the discount izit?? because i was at my fren's house and i saw jusco sent them a booklet that are full of discount of voucher...so i cut it off..

sweetcherry have 20% discount too (OUT OF TOPIC)

islandgal,

yes. need to present the voucher. But i believe u can easy get the voucher at Jusco too.

islandgal,

yes. need to present the voucher. But i believe u can easy get the voucher at Jusco too.

i think so unfair that they did not drop the voucher booklet at all the area..

but lucky i found it at my fren's house and she not using it.. :-p

so far i know those housing terrace house got.. i'm staying in apartment didn't receive..

bought a medela swing today hopefully its a good pump. was thinking to get either avent UNO or medela Swing. bought the swing finally as the SA says there are more parts available for swing in case the pump rosak. and as a bonus, the lady actually told me that the warranty will count from the day i deliver and other extra service will be provided eg cleaning of parts :smile:

Hi may I know where did you buy your medela swing from and how much did you get it for? I am also thinking of getting the medela swing.. so surveying around now..

i got it from First Few Years @ the curve for rm 689.

simonne, cutiecate,

if u gals wish to get the Avent breast pump, u can grab it at Jusco start 17 Apr. All avent product discount 30% in Jusco. Very worth it.

wow, really? thks for your good news oh!!

:cheers:

islandgal,

i think so unfair that they did not drop the voucher booklet at all the area..

but lucky i found it at my fren's house and she not using it.. :-p

so far i know those housing terrace house got.. i'm staying in apartment didn't receive..

islandgal,

haha!! But i think we should can get it at Jusco customer service. As i tried b4, i didnt bring the Jusco discount voucher that posted by jusco, when i made the payment, the cashier asked me to go to get it at customer service if i wish to buy other things. But without the voucher the cashier still discount for me. Cuz im jusco member.

And normally those leaflet distributer can not simply enter apartment or condo to drop the leaflet.

So sorry it's out of topic.!!!

i plan to get the Avent sterilizer and bottle warmer at jusco this friday!!

islandgal,

haha!! But i think we should can get it at Jusco customer service. As i tried b4, i didnt bring the Jusco discount voucher that posted by jusco, when i made the payment, the cashier asked me to go to get it at customer service if i wish to buy other things. But without the voucher the cashier still discount for me. Cuz im jusco member.

And normally those leaflet distributer can not simply enter apartment or condo to drop the leaflet.

So sorry it's out of topic.!!!

i plan to get the Avent sterilizer and bottle warmer at jusco this friday!!

fyi to everyone,

we can go to jusco to collect the voucher booklet.. i just collected mine ~

Hi mhyap1,

Want pump did you use previously? After I changed from mini e to ameda dual pump, my milk supply increased by 10 oz a day.

I just bought a medela harmony as my backup pump. I still find ameda dual pump is too troublesome to bring out.. especially when there's a need to pump in toilet.

linlin,

I owned quite a number of breastpump... :P

I started off with avent in and about manual breast pump set. then my sis gave me their old pump - the pigeon electric pump & pureen when am doing my confinement. Then when I started to feel tired using the manual Avent pump, I bought the avent electric single pump from UK. But I find the Avent electric pump is not as good as it’s manual pump. That’s why I revert back to Avent manual pump.

After confinement and when am back to work, I find that using manual pump is very time consuming especially when I need to pump quite frequent to meet my bb demand. That’s when I started to temporary use my sis medela PISA. Then from some other forum I read that Ameda pump can increase BM. That’s why I bought the Lansinoh dual pump from US. Lansinoh pump have the same design and function as Ameda but cheaper in price.

For no apparent reason, my BM drop drastically one day. As I can’t wait for my Lansinoh pump to arrive from US, I desperately bought the Ameda dual pump locally… Hahaha… Since using Ameda I manage to get extra 0.5-1oz in each pumping session. Sometime in good day I can get extra 1.5oz….

In all, I think I have spent about RM 2k for all these pump & the accessories. :P

By the way, do you intend to get some spare part? I thought of getting the Ameda PP breastshield from US due to my concern on BPA. If you wan to, then maybe we can buy together so that we can share on the postage charges…

Hi mhyap1,

I bought the PP breastshield from the Ameda distributor in KL when they delivered the pump to me. It costs around RM36 each and for both side it costs RM72. When I ordered the pump, I ask the distributor whether their funnels were made from PC and PP. I told him my concern about PP parts and they said they sell the PP breastshields as well. Straight away I asked him to bring me the PP breastshield together with the pumps. Since then the PC bottles and breastshields that came along with the pumps have been kept aside(did not use it at all). I use the breastshields together with moms little bottles.

I also owned several breastpumps before.

First child: Pigeon manual pump(use it for one day, too tiring) and pureen (broke after 2 months). I stopped breastfeeding after two months when my pump broke. At that time, I just returned to work and I wasn't sure how long I would breastfeed and didn't want to invest in an expensive pump. Thinking back, I regretted doing that. I have heard of a friend's friend who broke 3 pureen electric pumps in 2.5 months. If you top up a little bit more, you can buy a decent pump already.

Second child: medela mini e (4 months until the suctions reduces), ameda ( from january until now) and recently bought myself a medela harmony for backup purpose and occasional pumping. For mini e, medela changed a new motor for me because it was still under warranty and since then I have sold it of to my friend.

You can also buy the PP ameda breastshield from www.enjoybreastfeed.com.

With Ameda pump, not only I am able to stock up two freezers full of EBM, I also manage to supply 2 X 5oz bottles to my 5 years old child.

linlin,

the PP breastshield that sold here is a bit different from the original breastshield design that come with the pump. The PP breastshield that am getting from US have exactly the same design as the original. As for the cost it's still cheaper for me to get it from US inclusive the postage...

do you have intention to buy the white valve then...? for the white i'll be getting it from UK. currently not sure whether to post it here or tumpang my friend who is coming back from UK. valve selling here damn expensive... about RM 17++ per piece... getting it from UK cost only around RM 7 or 8 per pc with current exchange rate..

overall i find that the ameda spare parts selling here is really expensive...

mhyap1, linlin,

hi. Is this the Ameda pump that u gals discussed? That managed to increase the BM supply?

amedav.jpg

beibei,

yup. that's the 1. those available in UK and Malaysia is not BPA free. but US got the BPA free version for this pump. actually i read from forum that others manage to increase their BM after they change to this pump. that's why i change to this pump lor...

Hi mhyap1,

I agreed that the ameda parts here are very expensive. Well, when I bought the pump, I have also bought additional valves. At the moment I don't need additional parts yet. I have also bought the ameda backpack. All together I spent close to RM1k for ameda pump and accesories.

Hi Beibei,

For me, it does increase my milk supply tremendously.. compared to mini e. I have not tried medela PISA or spectra, so I cannot compare. When using mini e before, I have the experienced that I couldn't remove the milk completely especially mid night pumping (I woke up 2 am in the morning to pump for the first five months even though baby latch on at night) but with ameda, my breasts are completely emptied after every pumping sessions.

mhyap1, linlin,

Thanks for the info.

I bought Avent manual bp alr. But i think i might need a electric pump or dual after i start work.

Then i ll put Ameda as my 1st choice now.

But i saw the pump b4, i feel the pump looks fragile. Just wonder Ameda pump can be heavy usage n can tahan lama or not?

beibei,

for manual pump, avent is really a good pump. but when start work then it's better to get a dual pump coz pumping with manual pump will required a longer pumping session.

ameda breastshield is very fragile and it's made of PC. that's why am getting the ameda PP breastshield. i read from other forum and overseas forum, ameda pump is quite heavy duty. some use it for years and it's still working. i know the lady boss at babyjaya at damansara also use ameda for years.

beibei,

for manual pump, avent is really a good pump. but when start work then it's better to get a dual pump coz pumping with manual pump will required a longer pumping session.

ameda breastshield is very fragile and it's made of PC. that's why am getting the ameda PP breastshield. i read from other forum and overseas forum, ameda pump is quite heavy duty. some use it for years and it's still working. i know the lady boss at babyjaya at damansara also use ameda for years.

mhyap1,

Thanks for the info.. So i have settled my BP part!! Hehe

Now im done wt my all preparation(the things that needed). Just need to wait for my bb coming day. :)

Linlin,

i just bought my AMeda Breastpump from enjoybreastfeed too. My parcel have not arrived yet as they are waiting for new stock on cooler bag which I ordered too.. Do i really need to get extra valve for it? I wont be using the Ameda until i give birth middle of August..

btw, i did check the Ameda no-BPA version on website..I must say that i forgot to look at these BPA things thinking that the parts are all BPA free. Anyway, nothing much that I can do now as I made my purchase on Ameda.

I think i will get the Pureen Manual Pump, as my purpose is to fully empty the milk (just in case the baby didn't fully empty it)

That day i went and attend this breastfeeding class, the teacher advise is better to let baby breastfeed direct. Er to simulate the breast ~ something like that. But those working mummy ~ no choice lol gotto pump.

Emly2175,

you can buy the PP breastshield and use the mom precious bottle as collection bottle to make it a BPA free pump lor... :P

simonne,

then maybe you can try to checkout pureen warehouse sales to see whether they have the pump that you wan. the sales is on this weekend.

i have a big dissappointment on the pureen pump that my sis gave me... :P but then i think they should have change and improved the pump by now...

Hi Emly2175,

I didn't buy my pump from enjoybreastfeed. When I bought the pump, they haven't sold it yet. I got it from blessedmum.

In the box, they give you an extra white valve. What I did is I bought an additional white valve. Now I have two spare white valves at home. I have been using the pump for more than 3 months now and the original valves are still ok.

If you are concern about BPA, just buy the PP breastshields and fit it into the PP bottles. I fit my PP breastshields to moms little bottles. mhyap1 is going to order the PP breastshields and valves from US. Maybe can order together with her to save the shipping cost.

Hi mhyap1,

Are you saying that you manage to get more milk with ameda compared to Medela PISA?

Hi Beibei,

A dual electric pump really save you alot of time. You can sit there take a nap or reading even when you are pumping. With manual pump, very tiring. After you are done with one side, you still need to switch to the other side to pump it with your hand. Occasionally is ok but when you need to pump it 4 or 5x a day like me, I think end up you will opt for an electric pump

Hi Simonne,

Not all the pumps can fully empty the milk from the breast. Check or try first before you buy or end up like me, use for one time, found out doesn't work, went and buy another pump. My first pump, pigeon manual pump is still in my store room now. Not cheap though.. i think around RM50.