just_me_1018

Dog Butchery

I received this email from a friend a couple of days ago and I just wanna spread awareness... I'm sorry if I freak anyone out...

Is this how we treat mans best friend.... :sauer2::sauer2::sauer2: ... This is so cruel and brutal, it made me sick to my stomach... Say NO TO DOG BUTCHERY!!!!!

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9-1.jpg

8.jpg

13.jpg

I also saw it at Shenzhen. It really make me sick till i dun have appetite to have dinner that night. They just hang there like selling pork with the dog's eyes open half. I think it's the popular dish. "Hot pot dog and mutton" sign board along the street in the restaurants. I also saw cat which sell in the butchery market in Guangzhou. :sauer2:

Actually, not only China.... Places like Korea, Taiwan and especially Vietnam (Hanoi) also practice dog butchery :sauer2: ... When I went to Hanoi from the airport to the hotel, along the way you can see dogs being transported in cages by motorbikes and it is widely available in restaurants....

Convert into vegetarian lor. Come one la.. whether its pig, chicken or cow or even dog, its just same. Why butchering dog is awful and not chicken, pig, cow etc? I find it hard to understand.

Those photos have been around for quite sometime, at least I received it twice in my friends' forwarding emails.

In China, it is common for the local people to eat dog meat :wacko3: :dash2: I remember many years ago, the visit to Beijing I can see people eating dog meat at road side *faint*

Andre,

Why people cannot accept dog butchery is because we rear dog as pet, we have sentimental feeling towards them.

I am not a dog eater nor cat eater, or others like that.

But what I would like to say is, the ppl in China, Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, and God knows where else, have been eating dogs for centuries. Just bcoz ppl from another part of the world rear as pets or dun eat dogs, we cannot blame / judge others by this.

Still the pictures above are gory, and I am quite sure the of same gory pics, if it is pig, cow or sheep or chicken butchery.

Urgh. Can't imagine why people want to eat dogs and cats. But you know girls, there are some 'underground' restaurants around in Malaysia (some say Puchong for Central region) serve dog meat. My heart weakens when I heard about it.

Urgh. Can't imagine why people want to eat dogs and cats. But you know girls, there are some 'underground' restaurants around in Malaysia (some say Puchong for Central region) serve dog meat. My heart weakens when I heard about it.

I have heard of this before also that you can have 'exotic' meats in Puchong... Not only dogs, monkeys also... :dash2::dash2:

Actually I dun understand this mentality, just becoz u dun eat, others cannot eat? If so, why? Bcoz dogs are supposed to be pets?

If I rear chicken as pets, should I view chicken eaters as aliens as well?

I supposed it will help if we keep an open mind about others' cultures.PS: I skipped the pics above, and I will also skip pictures of cow butchery, chicken butchery, dog butchery, cat, snake, monkeys, or whatever butchery.

Actually I dun understand this mentality, just becoz u dun eat, others cannot eat? If so, why? Bcoz dogs are supposed to be pets?

If I rear chicken as pets, should I view chicken eaters as aliens as well?

I supposed it will help if we keep an open mind about others' cultures.PS: I skipped the pics above, and I will also skip pictures of cow butchery, chicken butchery, dog butchery, cat, snake, monkeys, or whatever butchery.

No one is stopping anyone from eating... This topic is to create awareness... Nothing much.. This is just like any other topic that we discuss and put in our point of view...

DOG, is not something that you eat day in day out... That's why people don't understand why there are some people out there consume dogs where there is other normal food/animal to consume like chicken, beef, fish, etc..... and to most people they rear dog as pet not to be eaten....

No one is stopping anyone from eating... This topic is to create awareness... Nothing much.. This is just like any other topic that we discuss and put in our point of view...

DOG, is not something that you eat day in day out... That's why people don't understand why there are some people out there consume dogs where there is other normal food/animal to consume like chicken, beef, fish, etc..... and to most people they rear dog as pet not to be eaten....

Yeah, I know ur point. It's just that some of the comment from the others that I just cant understand. 

Best example, Indians dun eat beef, so should they view beef eater as non-perikemanusiaan? 

Sometimes, it's the culture, and sometimes it's the condition of the country, such as poverty / lack of food that makes ppl eat whatever they can find. This does not make them non-perikemanusiaan, instead, I think we should keep an open mind for others' to practise their own culture.

Yeah, I know ur point. It's just that some of the comment from the others that I just cant understand.

Best example, Indians dun eat beef, so should they view beef eater as non-perikemanusiaan?

Sometimes, it's the culture, and sometimes it's the condition of the country, such as poverty / lack of food that makes ppl eat whatever they can find. This does not make them non-perikemanusiaan, instead, I think we should keep an open mind for others' to practise their own culture.

I guess the reason people say certain things is the manner the dog is being slaughtered....

I do understand the fact that poverty and lack of food is probably the caused of people eating whatever they can. People that do the slaughtering/butchering can do it in a more humane way... Not like it's shown... Chicken in slaughter houses is given a small doze of electric shock to paralyze it before the procedure of you know what....

Escudo, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and of course you too. Yes, some communities have their own reasons why they would want to eat dogs but definitely it's not our culture here in Malaysia.

Some who have pets will find it intolerable because a lot of us do treat our pets like family members and it's heart wrenching to see how these domestic animals are being slaughtered. So don't la be so worked out. Everyone has their reasons.

hanting: LOL.., u misunderstood me. I am not worked out, I just can't understand why some of the member bang so hard on the ppl who eat dogs / cats / or whatever. As what I said, keep an open mind.

U cant stop ppl eating meat, just becoz u r vegan. U cant stop ppl eating beef, just bcoz ur religion forbid it. And u can't simply judge others non-perikemanusiaan becoz they eat what u think should be pets. :D

just_me: Then I think you should watch the way they butcher chicken. Try to google Pamela Anderson + KFC. Let me know if that stops you from eating chicken altogether.

hanting: LOL.., u misunderstood me. I am not worked out, I just can't understand why some of the member bang so hard on the ppl who eat dogs / cats / or whatever. As what I said, keep an open mind.

U cant stop ppl eating meat, just becoz u r vegan. U cant stop ppl eating beef, just bcoz ur religion forbid it. And u can't simply judge others non-perikemanusiaan becoz they eat what u think should be pets. :D

just_me: Then I think you should watch the way they butcher chicken. Try to google Pamela Anderson + KFC. Let me know if that stops you from eating chicken altogether.

I myself have witness my grandmother slaughtering a chicken at the back of the house many times during special occasion and I am aware of the other manner that most factory practices... I still have no problem eating chicken.... I am just saying that it is done in a more humane way... Not like the way the dog is being butchered... There is a big difference between butchering a dog and a chicken.....

This will be my last reply, lest ppl thought I am psycho or what.

I own a pet, and she is a dog, but I never vision her as meat to be served at any tables at all.

just_me: I agree that the dogs should be butchered in a more humane way, but then, do not limit it only to dogs.

Escudo,

i am with u. I dun eat dog or cats. I have before a plate of dog meat served on my table and my fellow chinese collegues happily chewing away.

i agree that if someone think others should not eat dogs/cats, i think that person should just go vegan. as pigs, cows, chicken also goes through the same ordeal before being served on the table.

to some culture, eating dogs/cats is just the same as eating pig, cow, chicken. They have been eating dogs/cats for centuries.

have anyone of u heard the pig's cry when beign slaughtered? I read somewhere that they sound like baby crying. If u really hear that, i guess u will not consume pork?

I think why people are so hung up over this is because they don't have chickens or pigs or cows as pets. For the most of us, a dog is a companion, not a dish you serve up at a restaurant.

BUT Escudo has a point. No one here cares about how other "ingredients" on the menu was breed, kept and then slaughtered to fill our need for cheap meat. If it's a pet or endangered animal like a shark, we don't think twice about condemning those who partake in these practices but what about the other animals who are equally deserving of some form of exposure?

There are plenty of "illegal" videos out there showing horrible farming and slaughter practices in many countries, especially the US and such (most of these videos come from there anyway). There was one incident where McDonalds was caught buying their chicken from a farm where workers (mostly poorly paid immigrants with little to no benefits) were caught on video stomping on live chickens, bashing them against walls, plucking out their feathers when they are still alive and so forth. In some factories, if you think electric shocks work, some chickens are actually still alive from the electrocution and end up being boiled alive!!!!!!!!!!! O.O

I don't even want to share with you how they breed, care and then slaughter not only chickens (or other poultry like turkey) but sheep, cattle and pork. It's sick and the last time I watched a documentary on these practices, I actually stayed off meat for a while! It's inhumane but the thing is no one seems to really care about these animals simply because we see them as food.

To me, I think any form of mass slaughter in this manner is inhumane, be it to a chicken or a cat (in some parts of the world, your little furry guinea pig is fair game for the menu) but I can see why businesses do it in such a way. It's cheaper and keeps the price of meat down. If we all had to equip factories with the right equipment, give better salaries to workers working in abattoirs and such, the prices of meat would sky rocket through the roof (like here in Switzerland).

Incidentally, if you think only Asians eat dogs and cats, be informed that there is a northern state here in Switzerland whereby dogs and cats are still consumed - in the form of sausages and such.