Sign in to follow this  
fluene

Expansion of Uterus

fluene,

u are in KL right? i guess if in KL, i can't suggest much for any good gynae becos i am seeing gynae in johor. maybe other ladies here can help?! currently i am working in sarawak here and will be bck for delivery nx mth. the gynae over here in sarawak also not very helpful. can't compared to my own gynae in johor. and it is super expensive. one visit always cost me about RM200 and not much is done... so i am looking foward to my own gynae back in johor.

i guess if you are not comfortable with the current gynae, then it is time to change a gynae. a good gynae will always have time for our questions becos since we are 1st time mommies, there are a lot of things that we are so unsure of and would like to seek assurance..

i have the ligament pain thingy during my 2nd trimester... but doctor said nothing to worry about... on and off we always have some kinda pain around lower area... during my 3rd trimester, my vagina is very sore...

Hb asked me to do everything slow motion. He said if I move too quickly, the babies might feel like in a roller coaster ride and will protest, giving me the pain. Ha ha!!!

Wanna ask. Our pregnancy week is based on the date of our last menstrual period (given the cycle is regular). When we go for checkup, the dr will do a scan and based on the size of the baby, an EDD is calculated automatically. Sometimes the two EDD (actual and calculated) do not match. My calculated EDD (based on bb size) is about 10 days later than the EDD based on LMP. So, which EDD should we go for? Also, since my bbs size give a later EDD, does it mean my bbs are not growing at the rate they should?

hi,

from 1st trimester till now 15 weeks, i always have gastric pain...it happens during at nite...my gynae told me due to my previous gastric record, thats why it pains..but when i seek for another gynae, they told me its the bb inside there ,moving around, thats cause me pain...which one is the truth?

really not comfortable for the gastric pain everynite.... :wacko3:

any one can share?

Fluene, my EDD and baby size is actually a bit off (about four to five days) when I went for my last scan (she thinks I got my period wrong) but later,my doc said that it's nothing to worry over since the baby is growing well, is active and everything is well-form. It could be because of genes - I was a small baby and on top of that, I'm an Asian in an angmoh country so the stats could be different. All the ladies I spoke to here where I am told me not to worry so much about measurements. Sometimes they just aren't accurate. :wacko3:

Don't forget that you're carrying twins and twins are usually smaller than babies in single pregnancies! I hope the doc kept that in mind when he did the scan.

Nee, gastric pain is felt above the bellybutton, right below the breastline. If it is due to baby's movement, I guess the pain should be around the bellybutton or below, depending how many weeks are you in now. I am having the pain at my waist too. It feels like as if I have been dangled at my waist. But I don't think that is gastric pain.

Mabel, so finally, you are following the EDD based on LMP?

My ultrasound EDD was 7 days slower than LMP derived EDD on Week 7 when I 1st met my gynae. My gynae said it might be due to late ovulation or late implantation but my family doc said no way as she managed to see the gestational bag exactly on 5 Week 2 days (based on LMP) and I was tested positive on Day28 which means there is no delay in ovulation/implantation. However since I got back fr my China Trip in Week 6, I was down with bad cough/flu/sorethroat making me ver sick till admited to hospital for a week due to high fever. I cant really eat with food intake lesser than b4 I got pregnant. Perhaps that the reason why BB's development during Week 7 onward till Week 12 has been at the slow phrase till she is consistently behind "schedule".

Anyhow, my gynae said so long my BB continue to grow consistently from there on, it's fine and I will just have a 1 week late EDD only since "damage" already been done and can't be unwind. So, my EDD has been permanently changed from 21/6 to 27/6. In my 2nd trimester, the ultrasound EDD still fluctuate from 24/6 to even 30/6 depending whether BB's growth. We can't be expecting BB growing on schedule everytime. Even our weight is fluctuating depending whether we have a good rest or not or have a few big meal during the week - same goes to BB. During the detailed scan (anomaly scan) in Week 20, the sonographer also agreed that my EDD should be 27/6 based on the development of BB.

In fact ultrasound EDD will be inacurate in 3rd trimester (out by +-2 weeks) as some BBs are just "taller" or "fatter" than the rest and we cant concluce that BB is slow in development. The best time to date the "age" of the BB is in late 1st trimester and since then, the ultrasound EDD fluctuation just means that the development of BB in each month relative to a general benchmark (where the samples stats are including some big size mat saleh and small size asian). That's why ultrasound EDD is just a general reference as it's always out by +- 1 week in 1st & 2nd trimester to +-2 weeks in 3rd trimester. So... nothing to be too worry about unless it's out by 2-3 weeks!!

Yeah, doc just say to follow EDD based on LMP; she also mentioned that in general, babies don't usually show up on time. So it's just to give you a rough idea lor.

anyone one have this kind of pain in this area.. is not vagina..but abit above of vagina.. i felt d left upper of vagina abit pain..

just worry sometime will have this incompetent cervix thingy..

islandgirl, is it inside, like at the cervix area? the pain is like a on off pain? i am having that. and also at lower ab. it gets worst if i am hungry and im bloated. dont know why. but when i checked with my gynea last appointment, he said very normal. some preggie mommies bleeds too because of the expansion. he said coz the BB is growing, so it stretches the uterus and any part near it.

did u check with ur gynea?

anyone one have this kind of pain in this area.. is not vagina..but abit above of vagina.. i felt d left upper of vagina abit pain..

just worry sometime will have this incompetent cervix thingy..

I feel it too. Dr. said it is the round ligament pain due to expansion of uterus

thanks fluence and starryeye for your reply..

i thot round ligament pain is at the stomach..looks like it applies to the location where i felt too at d cervix area uhm...

I feel short bouts of cramps on one side and then the other around the pubic region too, and also dull backaches from the middle lumbar spine to the tailbone at times as well. There is no spotting though, so I assume that I'm ok. Told my family dr. abt it and he said it's normal as well.

I told this to my mom and she made me feel very bad because she said she has never heard anyone with any sort of pain during the pregnancy, including herself. She attributed her lack of pain to the amount of walking that they had to do when they were poor and had to walk a lot more than us.

I told her that I read online that the pain that I'm experiencing is normal based on what I've read online and she didn't seem to believe me. O' well...

Christine, never mind la. Older generation have different way of tackling stuff. Macam my mum...

When I told my mum about pregnancy weight gain in the first trimester (I had gained just one kilo), she scolded me saying that it's a lot, I shouldn't eat so much of junk and blah, blah, even though I did tell her that I've been eating very healthy stuff. Apparently, pineapples and bananas aren't healthy things for first trimester (but I baham jeh). A few days later, when I lost weight coz I got sick, she scolded me for not putting on weight. :wacko3:

I am confused with the pain / feeling pertaining to expansion of uterus, contraction, bowel movement and babies movements. I am 20 weeks now and started to feel babies movement last week. It was very easily distinguishable. However, today, I am not sure. I have this crampy, contraction-like feeling and I am concerned because dr say that I must be aware of contraction pain. But then I also have lots of bowel movement today. So now I'm not sure what exactly causes those feelings. Anyway, any of you have this contraction feeling as early as 20 weeks?

When i was pregnant, I had this pain just below my belly also. The pain is inside at the top of the vagina area. Doc was afraid that i might have premature contraction even though the cervix was not open when they check it. Doc also say that it could be uterus expansion (expand too fast for 2 BBs) but still dun wanna take the risk. Because i was carrying twins they recommended that i take rest at home. So whenever i have this pain, i need to rest and lie on my side to ease the pain. Moreover, i had to take unpaid leave. My HB dun allow me to do ANYTHING...so just walk a bit, no housework and just rest at home lor.

Fluene, since you are having twins as well you should take care also...just rest more :)

fluene,

im at the end of my 19 weeks now...off and on (for a period of few days) i will have some discomfort at the bikini line...sometimes its more severe...its feels like mild cramp...once im done with the bout of discomfort, i wont have it for another 1 week or so, and the feeling starts again...its like a cycle...

as for the baby growth, it differs between 3 days to 7 days...so far it has always been ahead of EDD...my gynae told me its common...some weeks the baby may grow a little faster and other week a little slower...until the difference is more than 5 days consistently, the EDD will be calculated based on the last period date and not the size of the baby

Went to see dr. just now. The dr said that he can feel the contraction too when he touched my tummy. Prescribed me with ventolin to stop preterm contraction, which is a cause for concern in twins pregnancy.

Went to see dr. just now. The dr said that he can feel the contraction too when he touched my tummy. Prescribed me with ventolin to stop preterm contraction, which is a cause for concern in twins pregnancy.

I had pre-term contraction since 2nd semester and I was prescribed with ventolin too. However, ventolin comes with side effects such as causing palpitation. I already have some heart prob to start with and the side effect on ventolin make the situation worse till I have no choice but only take it when pre-term contraction is really frequent.

fluene: Since you are carrying twins, it's lucky that you always notice the pains / unusual things. Take care!