adellow

Cards making!

Hi all... :smile:

Is anyone here into card making?? I just started having a go at it... and it's fun! Sometimes when the inspiration comes, it's amazing how interesting it can get .. only thing is... its an expensive hobby! wonder if there are any cheap suppliers out there.. Does anyone know? I just started a blog .. feel free to give your comments! :tongue:

Pls visit .. http://adelinelow.blogspot.com/

Nice cards! For paper, you could try the area behind Shaw Parade where all the paper suppliers are.

For embellishments, it depends - you can get them (beads, flowers and etc) from local craft shops OR alternatively buy online. Honestly, after scouting for my DIY wedding invites last year, I discovered that it's way cheaper to buy craft supplies online than to go to those expensive places like that paper shop at The Curve.

wow thanks for sharing. ur design really nice!!

i like d spin wheel one. how did u cut the edging? require special tool?

really nice collection of DIY cards there ^__^

very well executed with little details all around.

materials look expensive though hahah =x

Is anyone here into card making?? I just started having a go at it... and it's fun! Sometimes when the inspiration comes, it's amazing how interesting it can get .. only thing is... its an expensive hobby! wonder if there are any cheap suppliers out there.. Does anyone know? I just started a blog .. feel free to give your comments! :tongue:

Wow.. they are really nice and professional... love the pop-up cards... u should consider doing business! :-)

:smile: thank you all for your wonderful comments.

meiteoh & aisumomo,

yes the materials are expensive no doubt.. I've been looking around high and low for reasonable priced materials.. you're right meiteoh, online items are much cheaper! but for items for eg. paper - i've ordered it once before & it was all crumpled when it got to me.

davinci,

yes, i used a special scissors (with curved edges) - got it cheap! :biggrin: from a stationery shop. less than RM5.. try looking around stationery shops - eg. popular etc.

auntie111,

that's a good idea .. have thought about that. any tips on how to go about that? :rolleyes:

yes, i used a special scissors (with curved edges) - got it cheap! :biggrin: from a stationery shop. less than RM5.. try looking around stationery shops - eg. popular etc.

wow, can show me the scissor photo? i have no idea how it look

tQ!!

wow, can show me the scissor photo? i have no idea how it look

tQ!!

sure sure. .. will catch a pic n post it up. davinci, are u into card making too?

Adelow, that's the sellers boo-boo...coz they should send it sandwiched in between something hard, not just send like that - that's what they do when I order photo prints online (sandwich in between two thick cardboards).

As for business online, it depends on your target market. If you want to hit an international market, you'll need to spend some extra money in terms of moving from blogspot (because it's not exactly shopping friendly) to platforms like Ebay or Etsy. The extra money is for the fees that these places incur. But be forewarned, there are others out there doing the same thing so it's a competitive field. Then there are advertising costs, labour, materials and additional stuff to consider when pricing your items.

:smile:

Btw, I love those edge-pattern scissors. I have one I use for making labels for my products!!!! :)

sure sure. .. will catch a pic n post it up. davinci, are u into card making too?

thanks! nolar. i just wan to diy my wedding card. :lol:

davinci, pls visit my blog :smile: have posted the picture of the scissors there. wow, handmade wedding cards? advice would be .. keep it simple :biggrin: if not, its gonna be so tiring making so many of them .. my best friend handmade hers - it was just very simple - 2 card boards + a ribbon at the side.. But end of day, it's a good touch! to have it handmade!

meiteoh, thanks for your tips .. will look into that in near future :tongue: i believe whatever we do, we should just enjoy da process !

davinci, pls visit my blog :smile: have posted the picture of the scissors there. wow, handmade wedding cards? advice would be .. keep it simple :biggrin: if not, its gonna be so tiring making so many of them .. my best friend handmade hers - it was just very simple - 2 card boards + a ribbon at the side.. But end of day, it's a good touch! to have it handmade!

TQTQTQ :wub:

yes, will keep ur advise in mind. thanks!

very nice & creative..everytime i dreaming to hav a try to DIY,but always tak jadi...hav to try my patient 1st..

Hi Marcy..

yes yes, that's a good idea.. Thanks! :smile: definitely can save some money from the materials there..

hello,

Nice to hear you have a creative mind to cater the needs for cards.

Just a suggestion and definitely the cheapest materials you can get. Why don't you try making cards using materials that you can find from nature. Like for instance dry leaves and stems, recycable plastics that you can make a collage, flowers and dried flowers and a lot more. I am confident that nature will help you formulate unique ideas.

Hi minimama,

start with simple & easy ones.. this things are addictive :smile: u'll realise your talent at the end!

very nice & creative..everytime i dreaming to hav a try to DIY,but always tak jadi...hav to try my patient 1st..

There's this shop below GSC in The Gardens that sells a huge range of arts & craft supplies. Cheaper than Papier Love @ The Curve and lots of variety but of course Papeir has got real nice imported stuff fr US/UK that cost a bomb. Im also big time into arts & craft and had been toying with the idea of doing my own wedding invitation but I find it way too mentally exhausting. Did several experimental menu, napkin band, invitation card using templates available in Martha Steward's bridal website. Effect was simple and nice but not quite cost effective for the amount of work required. Its fun and we get a full range of templates for different item incl. favour, tea light cup, guest seating board, etc...ideal for those looking for a smaller banquet..

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/photo...bal-breadcrumbs

2 days ago i was at MPH Subang parade. they are now selling beautiful card stock for cardmaking. I almost died! WHY DIDN"T THEY SELL THEM WHEN I WAS DIY-ING MY WEDDING CARDS????!?!?!? ehem... anyway, very very pretty papers. But not that cheap lo. Maybe whoever interested can use the paper to DIY for close family and friends while for not so close ones can just print. It's an idea.

There's this shop below GSC in The Gardens that sells a huge range of arts & craft supplies. Cheaper than Papier Love @ The Curve and lots of variety but of course Papeir has got real nice imported stuff fr US/UK that cost a bomb. Im also big time into arts & craft and had been toying with the idea of doing my own wedding invitation but I find it way too mentally exhausting mutuelles Entreprise. Did several experimental menu, napkin band, invitation card using templates available in Martha Steward's bridal website. Effect was simple and nice but not quite cost effective for the amount of work required. Its fun and we get a full range of templates for different item incl. favour, tea light cup, guest seating board, etc...ideal for those looking for a smaller banquet..

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/photo...bal-breadcrumbs

I think when you go on a trip, you can take the basics or just prepare in advance. Me anyway, I like road trips unexpectedly.