simonne

Kindergarten ~ Cheras Area

Dear Mummies,

Pls share which kindergarten is recommended in Cheras area.

I'm thinking to enrol my daughter when she turn 3 years old.

Tadika Bintang Manja (Lovely Star), Bandar Damai Perdana or Mayter (there is one at Tmn Len Seng, Opp The Peak and one at Tmn Caugnaught)

Hi Mummies

I am a resident in Bandar Damai Perdana and both my kids (boys) 6 and 3 years old are sent to Tadika Bintang Manja. I have compared, this kindie charge a reasonable price.

Was informed the change in teachers at Tadika Bintang Manja was recruitment of new teachers. Understand those teachers were previously teaching at nearby Tadika Mayter for 7 to 8 years loh. Subsequently the teachers gave extra classes to my elder son the 6 years old for a few months (free of charge).

Further more the compound of this tadika is big and I noticed the owner installed diamond water filter system.

Hope this help in your search for a kindie for your daughter.

Dear Mummies,

I am staying in Bandar Damai Perdana too. I am now looking for a kindergarten for my 4 years old daughter.I had a short visit at Tadika Lovely Star last Saturday and I had actually shortlisted this kindergarten. I found the fees are quite reasonable as compared to other kindergarten which is Montessori based learning. But I am still doubt on the rumors that someone posted here.

CPYap n sookling what a coincidence! I'm staying at Bandar Damai Perdana as well!

My gal is only less than a year i know is too early to decide which kindergarten to go. My short listed now is the kindergarten at Tmn Caunnaught ~ behind wed pasar malam (not Mayter) or Mayter at Len Seng.

Dear Mummies,

Based on my survey, the below fees are for year 4 (2010 registration).

Tadika Lovely Star - RM200/month

Mayter(Len Sen) - RM300/month

Little Inventor(Len Sen) - RM250/month

All the 3 kindergarten are Montesorri based learning mix with National Curriculum.

For your info, not every Mayter center has Montesorri method. Mayter (Connaught & Bkt Anggerik) do not apply Montesorri and the fee is only RM196 or RM198. I forgot!

In Montesorri, children are exposed to the elements such as

• Practical life
  • Sensorial
  • Cultural
  • Science
  • Language
  • Mathematics
  • Art & Music
  • Outdoors
  • Social Skills and etc
You may surf for details from the internet. :smile:

Fluene

You can get some background from the net just type montesorri method of teaching. As observation from my kids, this method of teaching develops children sensory skills. On academic wise, my younger son (only turn 3 year old this october), can count from 1 to 12, can sing twinkle twinkle little star. Can speak proper sentences. For me these are big achievements as all I want is for him to have a good time and enjoy himself.

It is known the earlier the child expose to this method of teaching, the better their communication skill.

CPYap

On a separate note, rumour you heard what is it about lah? Sometimes got to take it with a pinch of salt cause those rumours can be spread by other kindies just to spike each other. Its very competitive out there you know!

Actually you should pay a visit to Tadika Bintang Manja to assess yourself leh instead just hearing bits and pieces for rumours. You need to see the place for yourself as the child will be spending time at the place.

sookling

I had actually visited Tadika Lovely Star last Saturday. Seems OK. As told by the principal, the number of students in a class will be 16 to max 20 only. I am thinking to visit there again as i still haven;t see the music room which is under renovation.

Hi CPYap

Good to hear that! Hope you find it satisfactory.

What we like about Tadika Bintang Manja is, Principal Annie is very professional. Hope u find the same also.

Check out the Montessori Method here.

I used to teach yoga at a Montessori daycare and I can see why some parents (especially Asians or old school Westerners) dislike it.

They don't really encourage too much structure in the child's life (such as grading and testing) and the younger kids are allowed/encouraged to learn in the same class as the older kids when they are ready to because everyone learns at a different pace. It is a child-centered type of learning environment and kids learn differently than adults. Kids are encouraged to learn what interests them instead of forcing them to learn something that they are not ready to.

When my baby is ready for kindie, I will try the Montessori method first, unless I see that my child require much more structure then I will enroll her in a traditional kindie.

My little sister used to go to Krisaliz in Taman Taynton and she came out more prepared for school than myself or my 2nd sister. Krisaliz also employed the Montessori method.

Tadika Krisaliz - not sure if they still exist

26, Jalan Mutiara Satu, Taman Mutiara, 56000 Cheras, Wilayah Persekutuan.

Tel : 03-9130 2850

Fax : 03-9131 248

Hi,

Just wanna share with you all a Tadika called Tadika Seri Soka in Cheras. I know many of you may not know the existence of this Tadika, but I personally recommend it if you prefer a very spacious Tadika with complete facilities, well-trained teachers, excellent management, authentic approach to teaching and learning and of course affordable fees.

I regret discontinuing my eldest daughter's studies there due to babysitting prob after school. And, my plan is to enrol her back into d Tadika for next year 2010 and hopefully our application will be accepted coz currently it's full. Hopefully, it's just d morning session that's full n hope the afternoon session is still available at least. I dread thinking about sending my kids to d same kindy where they're currently studying at. It's a nightmare for me n hubby coz they seem to have learned lots of negative things there..during daycare hours i think. I can't imagine my girls growing up with such shameful attitude. I still think Tadika Seri Soka is the best place if you really want to mould your child's character.

I strongly suggest that you go and see the Tadika yourself ( you should..and do bring your kids along ), then you'll know what I mean... :)

The address is :

Tadika Seri Soka

Lot 216, Off Jln TKC 2/1

Batu 9 1/2

43200 cheras

selangor

Tel: 90753391

It's actually next to SMK Perimbun, Cheras..if you know where it is..

Here's a link abt Tadika Seri Soka.

Hi,

Just wanna share with you all a Tadika called Tadika Seri Soka in Cheras. I know many of you may not know the existence of this Tadika, but I personally recommend it if you prefer a very spacious Tadika with complete facilities, well-trained teachers, excellent management, authentic approach to teaching and learning and of course affordable fees.

I regret discontinuing my eldest daughter's studies there due to babysitting prob after school. And, my plan is to enrol her back into d Tadika for next year 2010 and hopefully our application will be accepted coz currently it's full. Hopefully, it's just d morning session that's full n hope the afternoon session is still available at least. I dread thinking about sending my kids to d same kindy where they're currently studying at. It's a nightmare for me n hubby coz they seem to have learned lots of negative things there..during daycare hours i think. I can't imagine my girls growing up with such shameful attitude. I still think Tadika Seri Soka is the best place if you really want to mould your child's character.

I strongly suggest that you go and see the Tadika yourself ( you should..and do bring your kids along ), then you'll know what I mean... :)

The address is :

Tadika Seri Soka

Lot 216, Off Jln TKC 2/1

Batu 9 1/2

43200 cheras

selangor

Tel: 90753391

It's actually next to SMK Perimbun, Cheras..if you know where it is..

Here's a link abt Tadika Seri Soka.

TQ 4 this info,i thing...i just nearby to this tadika. Next year my dother also 4y...trying to find da best among da best.

Dear Mummies,

All the 3 kindergarten are Montesorri based learning mix with National Curriculum.

For your info, not every Mayter center has Montesorri method. Mayter (Connaught & Bkt Anggerik) do not apply Montesorri and the fee is only RM196 or RM198. I forgot!

To my surprise, Little Inventor Cheras is cheaper rate than Little Inventor at TTDI, PJ

Little Inventor TTDI, PJ, rate 2009 was RM300

I find this montess not up to my expectation, and since we have move to OUG, i send my son to Fungate.

Fungate Jalan Kuchai Lama RM290 (rate 2010)

Highly recommended, I saw my niece knows alot of vocab as such a young age, 6 year old, I was impress so we send my son to Fungate. Proven, the teachers are very dedicated, their text book and teaching method are very good (had compare to Kinderland, Smart reader ~ anyway, this is my personal opinion)

Dear Mummies,

Pls share which kindergarten is recommended in Cheras area.

I'm thinking to enrol my daughter when she turn 3 years old.

Initially wanteed to enrol her at "Tadika Bintang Manja (Lovely Star)", Bandar Damai Perdana which is very near my house. Then hor, later we found out that the headmistress is not good as their teacher keep changing. Even the number of student also dropped.

Father in law suggest me to enrol her at Mayter (there is one at Tmn Len Seng, Opp The Peak and one at Tmn Caugnaught)

simonne,

finally what is your decision? send to tadika bintang manja?

any new comments on Tadika Bintang Manja at Bandar Damai Perdana? i m staying nearby and thinking to send my daughter to kinder next year. appreciate some comment on this? anyone sending your kids to Tadika Sarjana Jaya a Damai Impian 2?

Any ideas about Tadika Alam Murni at Alam Damai? I am staying some where nearby. The monthly fee is RM150.

Dear Mummies,