zelda

Mandarin Palace - Federal Hotel

Attended a fren's wedding in Mandarin Palace. Mmmmmm, quite dissapointed..... Food so so only, stage is quite small and the backdrop was very simple. There was only one projector at stage. I cant even see the slide show as the stage was blocking by the pillars.... Don even know wat they were doin on stage, just can hear sound only as i was not sitting at the middle. Their restaurant is not in "square type", how to say....... There are quite numbers of corners corners, so for those who sitting out from the "middle part", are hardly to see what's goin on. Cant even see they march in.

And i feel that the waiters were not professional, mayb hire part-timers gua.... And i dislike the captain, black face the whole nite. I requested panadol from waiter as i were not feeling well. The waiter seek permission from captain and i heard it accidently while i was on my way to wash room: "Got panadol oso don give la, anything happen after that then we will in trouble...."

Hi ceetee,

1st of all, congrats on your wedding tomorrow. Hope u can give me some tips after ur wedding dinner is over if there is anything i need to look out for. i'm quite worried about mine on the 27th dec.

Thanks so much! :wink:

Hello ceetee,

Congratulations on your wedding. Hope you can share with us your wedding experience with Mandarin Palace. I have just made my bookings with them last week before I stumble upon this forum. Very happy to hear lots of positive feedback on this place.

Hope to hear from you soon. :smile:

Gals,

I'm back, finally....

Overall my reception was very well-done, lotsa the guests feedback that the food was very nice and the portion is so big... some even ask if we know the hotel management as the dishes served were really very generous.... Lotsa my our colleague, even the indians and whites praised the food.... up to the last dish - glutinuos rice.... the ladies are happy with the dessert as it wasn't too sweet.... :lol:

But as Sabrina said, the pillars issue is true.... We rented 4 pcs Plasma TV, positioned to cover few places, all in 5 displays, all guests managed to view.... I managed to get quite a good deal of plasma tv rental, 4 pcs + 1 technician on standby, all in for RM1200. Everyone is so responsive as the slides are being played. We have all in 7 slides, to cover the whole dinner. Very glad to see the guests reaction when the slides are played.... :happy:

Angie was very helpful and understanding. During the march-in, my bil launched the confetti towards the chandeliar and broke the glass, but Angie never charge us on that. :oops:

She also help us to 'save' 2 tables during the final register. We booked 45+2, initially we wanted that 2 tables to be opened too, but Angie advised us to hold 1st, finally, the last 2 tables really not seated.... She is so experienced....

1 tip to all, during march-in, please remain the guests seated coz if they stand the aisle will be very cramp.... :excl:

Hello Ceetee,

Glad to hear your good experiences with Mandarin Palace. Now I feel more confident with them. Btw, did they provide red carpet during march in? And also, did Mandarin provide any floral decoration on each guest tables other than main VIP table? I have never attended any wedding dinner there and I am unsure of how the real day's ambience/environment is going to be. Hope you can enlighten so that I can make prior arrangement for these.

Many thanks, Ceetee..

Cheers,

Bigcat

bigcat,

ehem, no red carpet march-in aisle.... they are more towards the traditional chinese way woh.... the floral arrangement is only for the main table... 1 more thing is their menu card is a quite 'kuno', if can customise your own.... i did DIY my own menu card and door gifts....

Hope my info helps....

Wow, Thanks for the useful tips. Infact Jackie gave me a sample of the new chocolate favours. I still dont really like the new packaging. It looks better than the previous chocloate pouch. But still, think I will bring my own favours like you if i still have budget for it.

Menu card should be easy to DIY. I will think about it. As for the flowers on guest tables.. hmmm... I will try to seek advice from the supplier and also make another visit to Mandarin Palace to assess whether is it really needed. Maybe just a very small posy would do...

Ceetee, thanks a lot for your useful inputs.

Oh ya.... one more thing. The bridal room, is it nice and same standard as those weddings in Federal Hotel ballroom? Did Mandarin provide wine and chocolates and nice floral deco in the bridal room?

Sorry... I asked too many questions :)

Bigcat,

no worries, we are here to share....

the bridal suite is in fact a suite, decorated with roses bouquet & rose petals.... comes with complimetary fruits basket only.... ah, also free buffet b/fast for the newly-weds.... the room is pretty big, but a bit old... can't expect much coz that's a old hotel.... simple and nice, i would say....

i believe ballroom and restaurant wedding couples are using the same room b'coz when we checked in, the front desk mentioned that all bridal suite are the same, just different floor.... (as i wanted the room closer to 2nd floor...)

I've gotten my AD & reception photos, maybe u wanna view?

Hi Ceetee,

Hmmm... thanks for the explanations. It would be great if you could share your reception photos. I am very interested to see the actual ambience on the dinner day and what to expect from Mandarin Palace. Please send me the link...

Many many thanks again, Ceetee :))

Cheers,

bigcat

Can share photos with me too? felicia.low@gmail.com Thanks!

Bigcat,

no worries, we are here to share....

the bridal suite is in fact a suite, decorated with roses bouquet & rose petals.... comes with complimetary fruits basket only.... ah, also free buffet b/fast for the newly-weds.... the room is pretty big, but a bit old... can't expect much coz that's a old hotel.... simple and nice, i would say....

i believe ballroom and restaurant wedding couples are using the same room b'coz when we checked in, the front desk mentioned that all bridal suite are the same, just different floor.... (as i wanted the room closer to 2nd floor...)

I've gotten my AD & reception photos, maybe u wanna view?

felifeli,

you hav got mail.

bigcat,

i'm having the trial copy in my mailbox, will be getting the real album and its softcopies b4 CNY... perhaps u can give me your email add....

Happy new year!!!

U have got mail....

Hi Ceetee,

My apologies. I forgot to attach my email address. It is fantabulas88@gmail.com

Cheers and Happy New year 2009 :cheers: ,

bigcat

Hi ceetee, happy new year to you! Can you share your AD photos with me too? bride798@yahoo.com. thanks!

Bride798,

Hi, happy new year to u too... :cheers:

glad u still remember me... :wub:

My AD softcopies still with the PG, i hav the trial demo in mailbox only.... b4 they hand over everything to me.... sent to u liao, takes a while to download yah... happy viewing...

Hi Ceetee,

Wow!! You were certainly gorgeous and elegant on your wedding day. The ambience at Mandarin was very nice wor.. A day full of fond memories indeed..... :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for sharing.

Cheers,

bigcat

Happy new year!!!

U have got mail....

Hi Ceetee,

My apologies. I forgot to attach my email address. It is fantabulas88@gmail.com

Cheers and Happy New year 2009 :cheers: ,

bigcat

thanks ceetee for sharing. you looked beautiful!

felifeli,

you hav got mail.

bigcat,

i'm having the trial copy in my mailbox, will be getting the real album and its softcopies b4 CNY... perhaps u can give me your email add....

Hi Ceetee,

My AD will be end of this year and I only have only 20-25 tables. For sure the big restaurant will not layan me. I called up a few, they are all booked. Thinking of having my dinner at Mandarin Palace, but saw lots of comment on the pillars in the restaurant & few 'old fashion' dishes deco, tables deco & interior deco.

Can you share your AD photo link with me? My email add : hewlc78@hotmail.com

Lychee

thanks ceetee for sharing. you looked beautiful!

felifeli,

you hav got mail.

bigcat,

felifeli,

thx very much for your compliments.... :wub:

Lychee,

You hav got mail too...

pillar thingy is true, the rest are ok for me... have to be fair, can't compare Mandarin with ballroom concept as the environment is totally different... it's more to 'oriental' and imperial deco... nothing fancy on the dish deco, humble but delicious.... Hope my info helps...

BigCat,

FYI, the 1st dish presentation is quite 'kuno' too, i slashed that out....

Ceetee,

Thanks for the important tips. Did you replace the presentation with something else or totally no presentation at all? So, the waiter/waitresses just bring out the 1st dish and put on table only?

Or get a lion dance troop and drummers in to present the first dish?? :lol:

bigcat

bigcat,

hahaha... lion dance?!?!?!

MTV behind the scene b4 we marched in.... then 1st dish is presented right after we were seated.... then followed by slideshows..... so the guests were actually quite occupied... no time to wait for the 1st dish presentation.... :p

hello ceetee,

that was really creative of you. you really made your day very special :rolleyes:

bigcat..

bigcat,

MTV behind the scene b4 we marched in.... then 1st dish is presented right after we were seated.... then followed by slideshows..... so the guests were actually quite occupied... no time to wait for the 1st dish presentation.... :p

hello ceetee,

that was really creative of you. you really made your day very special :rolleyes:

bigcat..

bigcat,

hihihi... got the tip from the wedding planner from Redbliss.... the lady i mentioned to u.... :lol: