zelda

Mandarin Palace - Federal Hotel

Hi ceetee,

How many tables you have at the restaurant?

If to have 20 tables, will they use the restaurant or ballroom? If restaurant, will they still serve walk-in customer?

Hi ceetee,

How many tables you have at the restaurant?

If to have 20 tables, will they use the restaurant or ballroom? If restaurant, will they still serve walk-in customer?

hoisum,

i had 45 tables, 2 standby. Ballroom and restaurant are under different management, if u want ballroom, you should approach Federal Hotel banquet manager. Yes, for anything below 45, they allow walk-ins.... perhaps u can soft-talk to the manageress, get her to commit on it.

Hi ceetee! Am interested to see pics of your wedding in Mandarin Palace after reading much compliments paid. Planning to have my wedding either here or Nobel Banquet this year or probably next year. Can email be the video at awantoo1@yahoo.com? Super thanks!

me too! cnpc2222@yahoo.com

thanks alot =)

Hi ceetee! Am interested to see pics of your wedding in Mandarin Palace after reading much compliments paid. Planning to have my wedding either here or Nobel Banquet this year or probably next year. Can email be the video at awantoo1@yahoo.com? Super thanks!

awantoo, nie2222 & MMC,

all of you have got mails.

Hello,

I have an interest too...can u please send it 2 me as well? Thanks alot.

My email: cat_le0@hotmail.com

Catherine

felifeli,

you hav got mail.

bigcat,

i'm having the trial copy in my mailbox, will be getting the real album and its softcopies b4 CNY... perhaps u can give me your email add....

Hello Ceetee,I was drag by my mom to Federal Hotel when we were on the way to look for the wedding package at the restaurant nearby. She keep saying that Federal Hotel famous of their food in the old days and it was popular among the rich and famous.

Then we went up, I was so impress of the interior of Mandarin Palace, and their wedding package were quite attractive too in terms of hotel rate.

I would like to have a look of the ambiance of the actual day too, please share your photos to me, my email is imm.mei@gmail.com.

Thanks very much!

imm mei,

yeah, that place used to be very famous among the rich... that was when the late Mr. Low Yat was the CEO...

i still remember them being the 1st in M'sia to have the revolving restaurant... my father brought us there once for ice-cream.... i was very impressed with the preservation of the environment and decor of the restaurant even after so many years...

you have got PM.

Hi

Do you mind to sent me the quotation for the Wedding Package at Federal Hotel. I am having my wedding dinner next year 12/06/11, now is headache to choose the venue.

My email address is aichooheng@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Hey guys

I took a look at Mandarin Palace and am considering it for my wedding reception next year. It seems okay, and Angie is really friendly, but I'm worried about a few things like parking and traffic.

Ceetee, did your guests complain about the traffic getting there and what day was yours? (Mine will probably be on a Saturday... peak hour!) I'm also concerned about Low Yat Plaza parking as it is a shopping center, is it hard to get to the carpark after the dinner? (worried they will close the doors after 10pm?)

Thanks in advance!

chulet,

parking is instead a problem, but not really that bad... mine was on saturday nite too, after heavy rain and with some live concert in front of low yat plaza... but no worries, there are so many other car parks around that area.

the lift that leads to low yat car park is open till very late, so if your guests park at low yat, they can still get to the carpark after dinner. As for the flat rate car park of RM4, it's applicable to any patron with or without Federal hotel endorsement. So no necessary your guests have to park at low yat.

Hi Friends!

Plan to have my wedding reception at Federal Hotel...

Can anyone able to assist in giving comments on Federal Hotel's wedding package:-

- Are they able to give nett price?

- Do they provide wedding cards?

- Service of the hotel?

- The food of the hotel?

- Ample car park?

Appreciate your feedback and phew...it seems a lot of things need to consider!

Thanks a lot

KYJC

- Are they able to give nett price?

Nett price for the menu but they do charge corkage for beer and nuts.

- Do they provide wedding cards?

yup, if u book more than 25 tables, they do give free invitation cards, 1 table = 6 cards.

- Service of the hotel?

service is good as told by my guests. 1 waiter will serve max 2 tables only. the F&B managers are very accomodative... (Angie Ng, if not mistaken...)

- The food of the hotel?

not to worry about food as the chef are famous for their cantonese cuisine.... and u get free tasting when once u place booking.

- Ample car park?

car park might be a slight problem as the hotel has got no basement, only choice is Low Yat plaza or nearby carpark... but flat rate of RM3-4 (forgotten).

KYJC

Hope this helps... and btw, i had my wedding 2 years ago, do double chk with the hotel just in case they have change their policy....

Many people have complained about the Mandarin Palace pillars...and for good reasons. Why would you want to let your guests 'enjoy' the pillars that obstruct their view from the stage? Mind you...these pillars are not small.

With today's numerous new buidlings and venues that are pillarless...mandarin palace is no longer a desired place anymore for weddings. The entire Federal hotel itself has been around since the days of Tunku Abdul Rahman....so the design is very old....and that includes mandarin palace.

There are so many places that serve good 8 course Chinese food that are PILLARLESS.

Thanks for the comments.

In the end, I have to forego Federal Hotel because of the followings:

- They refused to give nett price. In year 2011...service tax is 6% so how could I accept?!!!

- They insisted that we have ay least 28 tables to have free wedding cards (1 table = 6 cards). We have requested for 25 tables but they refused...

- Their payment term is also not attractive whereby they requested RM5000 for deposit and 50% (inclusive of the RM5K's portion) to be payable 1 month before the wedding date and the balance after the wedding dinner.

- Since we only wanted 25 tables, they can't give free tasting for 10 person. :sad:

Thanks for the comments.

In the end, I have to forego Federal Hotel because of the followings:

- They refused to give nett price. In year 2011...service tax is 6% so how could I accept?!!!

- They insisted that we have ay least 28 tables to have free wedding cards (1 table = 6 cards). We have requested for 25 tables but they refused...

- Their payment term is also not attractive whereby they requested RM5000 for deposit and 50% (inclusive of the RM5K's portion) to be payable 1 month before the wedding date and the balance after the wedding dinner.

- Since we only wanted 25 tables, they can't give free tasting for 10 person. :sad:

KYJC,

oh~~ sorry to know that things don't work the same way anymore... but i'm quite surprise about the deposit as we paid RM2k only 2 yrs ago... :ohmy:

amanda angels,

yea, you are right in a way, but MP is preferred for the reason that it serves nice hotel food (very hard to get nice and non-halal hotel food in M'sia) and its unique design and oriental set-up....

hello ceetee,

I plan to have my wedding reception on Dec 2011, start to prepare now.. throughout the forum, I think Mandarin Palace of Federal Hotel is receiving good feedback. Mind to PM some photos to me ? (tuitionhomebiz@gmail.com)

Dear MB members,

If i would like to have a comparison between Federal hotel and Equatorial hotel, which is better in terms of environment and ambience, food etc ?

Tq, any input is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

David