wing

Outdoor shooting in UM

Hi, anyone here used to have your outdoor shoot in UM? Any idea on how to apply for the permit?

Hi, anyone here used to have your outdoor shoot in UM? Any idea on how to apply for the permit?

Hi Wing,

I've just got the approval from UM.

Initially we asked the HEP who should we sent the application letter if want to take photos in different faculty and some common area like DTC, their reply is sent to them.

However, after I submitted the application letter, they came back and not approving out application with the reason "too many places". So we nego with them and limit only to DTC, varsity lake and Bangunan peperiksaan area.

Then I wrote to the faculty dean that i wish to go seprately and i got approved.

Please let me know if you need any application letter sample.

p/s: are you UM students oso? =D

Hi!

As i know, you may also go to Pejabat Hubungan Antarabangsa & Korporat ( International & Corporate Relations Office). Their office is at Aras 1, Bangunan Chanseleri, UM. TEL: 0379673273/3423/3575.

Good Luck

Hi Wing,

Initially we asked the HEP who should we sent the application letter if want to take photos in different faculty and some common area like DTC, their reply is sent to them.

However, after I submitted the application letter, they came back and not approving out application with the reason "too many places". So we nego with them and limit only to DTC, varsity lake and Bangunan peperiksaan area.

Then I wrote to the faculty dean that i wish to go seprately and i got approved.

Hi, it never occured to me UM have spots for wedding photo. May I know what spot you'll be taking? DTC, BP, and ....?

I'm a UM grad too.. so thinking it might be good idea taking photo there when I saw your post.

BTW, if you're taking in UM, is it going to be your only place, or you requested another extra place with your BS? MY BS only allow one place...

Hi Wing,

Hi, it never occured to me UM have spots for wedding photo. May I know what spot you'll be taking? DTC, BP, and ....?

I'm a UM grad too.. so thinking it might be good idea taking photo there when I saw your post.

BTW, if you're taking in UM, is it going to be your only place, or you requested another extra place with your BS? MY BS only allow one place...

UM actually got many nice places such as BP, DTC, canceleri, ekons fac, business fac, engine fac, law fac... all actually very nice...

but I choose UM coz both of us have lotsa memories there, that's why you might choose the places that more meaningful to you.

The 2nd question, I cant commet for you as I'm not attached with any BS.

But I'm sure UM will be a whole day OD PS if you got lotsa memories there =D

wow~ so happy to hear that we can take PS in UM..i have had this idea, but dropped it cos i have never seen anyone done ps in UM..thinking it's a place for study, HEP may not approve it. :ohmy:

Qtee, congrates that u make it happen :) i agree UM has nice places to shoot ^^

P/S i would choose Econ fac (urban feel), law and science fac for heritage feel, staircase in business fac, IT fac, not forget DTC, BP and small path next to baktisiswa to padang..(just dreaming here as my PS is OVER)haha

i actually got some places in my mind for 2nd PS (not UM) also need application letter.

Could you please share your application letter with me? Did you mention it's WEDDING PHOTOS? Would appreciate your help..thank you :wub:

my email: sheun84@hotmail.com

wow~ so happy to hear that we can take PS in UM..i have had this idea, but dropped it cos i have never seen anyone done ps in UM..thinking it's a place for study, HEP may not approve it. :ohmy:

P/S i would choose Econ fac (urban feel), law and science fac for heritage feel, staircase in business fac, IT fac, not forget DTC, BP and small path next to baktisiswa to padang..(just dreaming here as my PS is OVER)haha

i actually got some places in my mind for 2nd PS (not UM) also need application letter.

Could you please share your application letter with me? Did you mention it's WEDDING PHOTOS? Would appreciate your help..thank you :wub:

Hi Panda,

Please ignore my PM as I saw your PM before the thread. I'll send the template to you. We purposely wrote in Malay to increase the successful rate =P

Hi!

As i know, you may also go to Pejabat Hubungan Antarabangsa & Korporat ( International & Corporate Relations Office). Their office is at Aras 1, Bangunan Chanseleri, UM. TEL: 0379673273/3423/3575.

Good Luck

Hi,

I'm so sorry. hsmile is correct, suppose sent to below but not HEP.

Pengarah Pejabat Hubungan Antarabangsa dan Korporat

Prof. Madya Dr. Kamila Ghazali

Thanks Panda.

Actually we re-visit again to make sure the PS area and we get to see more which we have missed out during skool time.

And too bad, I think the small path next to baktisiswa is closed. There are some renovationn going on in the canteen + clinique area.

So nice,you can have 2 OD PS?

For those interested, can take a day and walk inside UM again to see if you manage to find any places that you like.

acually i found another place that quite beauty, after i saw the picture showing by my PG. The place is Desa Park city. why not take a good consideration?

Qtee,

Thanks for your application letter. Hope to see your lovely pics too :)

haha..i think weekend is the best time shooting in UM...no one will be your background, even u shoot at bus stop :P

Qtee,

Thanks for your application letter. Hope to see your lovely pics too :)

haha..i think weekend is the best time shooting in UM...no one will be your background, even u shoot at bus stop :P

oh yeah, I purposely choose the time where they're having long holiday =D

Qtee,

yea..smart move!! :cool:

too bad the small path is closed..i didnt know it :angry:

well..i want to have another round ps because my MTM gown can't make it for the first one...

Qtee,

well..i want to have another round ps because my MTM gown can't make it for the first one...

Thanks.

Yeah, the small path actually was part of my plan actually.

But surprisingly we found btw DTC and the canseleri, as well as DTC upstairs (outside) are quite nice.

wah, then need extra charges lor?

where was your 1st OD?

Qtee,

Thanks.

Yeah, the small path actually was part of my plan actually.

But surprisingly we found btw DTC and the canseleri, as well as DTC upstairs (outside) are quite nice.

wah, then need extra charges lor?

where was your 1st OD?

btw DTC and canseleri? the flags there?

yup..need to pay more OR i upgrade all my albums to the biggest size (most expensive ones), they shoot for free..in dilemma now.. -__- omg..

my OD was in putrajaya..photos are nice..

Panda,

not the flags there.

Do you know where is the back stage for DTC?

is at the back there.

If already got nice photo, then ok ma...

but of coz if you got budget, then js go for it =D

Qtee,

ya..i know where already :wub: only been there a few times. we never thought of taking photos there even in our yearly "photo shooting session" during uni days.. :P

ya..that's the thing..we have nice photos already..but none is with my gown.. -___- fh seems very excited to take another round but i really feel that the top-ups cost A LOT! REALLY EXPENSIVE! @@

haie..another nice-to-have vs must-have ..@@

p/s May i know which BS you r with?

Qtee,

ya..i know where already :wub: only been there a few times. we never thought of taking photos there even in our yearly "photo shooting session" during uni days.. :P

ya..that's the thing..we have nice photos already..but none is with my gown.. -___- fh seems very excited to take another round but i really feel that the top-ups cost A LOT! REALLY EXPENSIVE! @@

haie..another nice-to-have vs must-have ..@@

p/s May i know which BS you r with?

But you're going to wear it during your AD or reception?

you got and AD photographer? Mayb you should use the top up cost for a better AD photographer.

Then you'll have nice photos with the gown already. maybe can have an hour couple shot before or after the event?

I'm not attached with any BS. =D

yup...we will appoint a pro AD PG for ceremony and banquet as well...

will discuss with FH and see how...Thanks~ Qtee, you have given me some ideas :wub:

yup...we will appoint a pro AD PG for ceremony and banquet as well...

will discuss with FH and see how...Thanks~ Qtee, you have given me some ideas :wub:

You are welcome.

I still need to steal some kungfu from you.. hehe

Hey Qtee,

Long time didnt log in to this forum so I didnt know there are replies for this topic.

Yea, both I and him are from UM. I still need to apply, can you send me your sample letter?

My email is winglatte@hotmail.com.

May I know how long it takes to get the approval from HEP?

My coming OD will be in late August, dont know if it is still in time if I start applying now.

Thank you so much for providing this info. How was your photos? Would you mind to share with me?

Hi,

I've sent the template to your email.

If you wish to go particular faculty, you just have to change to the Dean's name and the faculty name, you may check from UM website for the name.

Actually is not HEP, is Pengarah Pejabat Hubungan Antarabangsa dan Korporat.

Hmm, they basically took at least 3 weeks to reply.

But I got immediate approval from Engineering Faculty, and I think less than a week from Business Fac.

You may check the status more frequent if you are running out of time.

Your date already fixed?

End of August normally is convacation period, perhaps you should check if there is any convocation on going. If yes, UM will be full of people.

I purposely choose the period that they're having long break.

I am so sorry, still no photos to share yet. Hopefully soon =D

Hey Qtee,

Long time didnt log in to this forum so I didnt know there are replies for this topic.

Yea, both I and him are from UM. I still need to apply, can you send me your sample letter?

My coming OD will be in late August, dont know if it is still in time if I start applying now.

Thank you so much for providing this info. How was your photos? Would you mind to share with me?

Hi. Thank you so much for your prompt reply!

All information are really useful.

Have asked around regarding the convocation, but no confirmed answer when will it be yet.

Anyway I will start applying tomorrow and hopefully the approval can be obtained before the PS date.:P

Hi,

I've sent the template to your email.

If you wish to go particular faculty, you just have to change to the Dean's name and the faculty name, you may check from UM website for the name.

Actually is not HEP, is Pengarah Pejabat Hubungan Antarabangsa dan Korporat.

Hmm, they basically took at least 3 weeks to reply.

But I got immediate approval from Engineering Faculty, and I think less than a week from Business Fac.

You may check the status more frequent if you are running out of time.

Your date already fixed?

End of August normally is convacation period, perhaps you should check if there is any convocation on going. If yes, UM will be full of people.

I purposely choose the period that they're having long break.

I am so sorry, still no photos to share yet. Hopefully soon =D

Hey Qtee,

you're welcome.

And good luck to you in the application =D

Hi. Thank you so much for your prompt reply!

All information are really useful.

Have asked around regarding the convocation, but no confirmed answer when will it be yet.

Anyway I will start applying tomorrow and hopefully the approval can be obtained before the PS date.:P