toti

Where to get the Huge Mirror and sliding glass door

Hi,

i'm thinking to get the 8ft height x 4 ft width mirror for my wall, anybody know where to get it or contractor who can install it?

how much is it cost?

any contacts can provide?

besides that, any of you have experienced of install the sliding frameless glass door for your bath room? how much does it cost?

apreciated for ur kindness.

Well there's a good shop which my fren recommended me...

Try YKW Glass and Framing, SS15 Subang... 03 5634 1267...Look for Hwang or Andy...

They do installations as well...

from my survey, installer from glass shop charge super high... it's better if you find from interior design company if you were to stick entire mirror on wall without frame.

here's the reference price

6mm mirror glass = rm3.5 per sqft

(8 x 4 = 32, rm3.5 x 32 = rm112 excluding delivery and installation)

installation price vary... it depend on your preference so best is to check with ID or compare with installer from glass shop.

for glass, cheapest i found in klang valley is at puchong, just behind indian temple nearby tesco. the shop name call L & L glass

really thanks a lot :smile: very informative!

in malaysia seems like ppl not so interested to put the frameless sliding glass door for their bath room.

i have seen many magazine or online interior design, their bath room sliding door just using 1 steel (looks like curtain one) then "clip" on it, the steel and "clip" can support and slide anything, then dun need to install the bottom rail, its make the bathroom interior looks more Contemporary, Simple and Nice~

really thanks a lot :smile: very informative!

in malaysia seems like ppl not so interested to put the frameless sliding glass door for their bath room.

i have seen many magazine or online interior design, their bath room sliding door just using 1 steel (looks like curtain one) then "clip" on it, the steel and "clip" can support and slide anything, then dun need to install the bottom rail, its make the bathroom interior looks more Contemporary, Simple and Nice~

Hi toti, do you mean something like shower screen? Like in http://www.reliancemetal.com.my/catalog/item.php?id=124 ?

Got pictures or website to share the sliding door type you mean and researched? I also like if bathroom using curtain, but now not sure which type u mean. Please share ya..Thanks.

Hi,

i'm thinking to get the 8ft height x 4 ft width mirror for my wall, anybody know where to get it or contractor who can install it?

how much is it cost?

any contacts can provide?

besides that, any of you have experienced of install the sliding frameless glass door for your bath room? how much does it cost?

apreciated for ur kindness.

hi,

My bathroom hv art glass door. I use art glass (water design) is very nice. I like it. :wub:

I not sure u alredi install or not. but u can call this number 012 289 1668 Swee.

hi,

My bathroom hv art glass door. I use art glass (water design) is very nice. I like it. :wub:

I not sure u alredi install or not. but u can call this number 012 289 1668 Swee.

Hi mling, how is the art glass door like? Can please attach picture or email to me? Interested..thanks.

i'm looking for this kind of glass sliding door.. wanna replace my bathroom door. (not shower screen)

55a8-sliding-glass-door-perfection.jpg

Hi toti, thanks for sharing..nice..good idea also. Better to have those knob door. Since is master bedroom, and no strangers coming in, I will plan for this kind of sliding door too...thanks

from my survey, installer from glass shop charge super high... it's better if you find from interior design company if you were to stick entire mirror on wall without frame.

installation price vary... it depend on your preference so best is to check with ID or compare with installer from glass shop.

for glass, cheapest i found in klang valley is at puchong, just behind indian temple nearby tesco. the shop name call L & L glass

hi BeCool. r u sure 6mm mirror glass is only RM3.50 per sqft?? someone jst quoted me ard RM30-RM35 for dat thickness which also comes with timber plywood backing with frames.

Another shop quoted me 4mm thickness with frames and installation for 6 x 6= RM644 and 7 x 12 = RM1235.

btw, is it safe to stick a big mirror without frame on the wall? i thk it's cheaper but i wonder how safe wud dat be. pls advise. tx

hi BeCool. r u sure 6mm mirror glass is only RM3.50 per sqft?? someone jst quoted me ard RM30-RM35 for dat thickness which also comes with timber plywood backing with frames.

Another shop quoted me 4mm thickness with frames and installation for 6 x 6= RM644 and 7 x 12 = RM1235.

btw, is it safe to stick a big mirror without frame on the wall? i thk it's cheaper but i wonder how safe wud dat be. pls advise. tx

To be honest... all the shop i went.. the framing sifu told me that is kinda dangerous to put frameless huge mirror for home, especially with kids around.

Young couple or bachelor who live without kids would be alright.

The RM30-35 is because of your plywood backing, Not because of your mirror. You might need to do research of how mush is the cost for that size and thickness of Plywood.

Try YKW Glass and Framing, SS15 Subang... 03 5634 1267...Look for Hwang or Andy...

Toti, honestly..have u tried checking with the shop i recommended much earlier? :D

Toti, honestly..have u tried checking with the shop i recommended much earlier? :D

If i'm not mistaken, i saw the shop u recommend in somebody blog. anyway, i can't find the shop.. i'm not familiar in subang.

so far i ask ard the shop in pj is about RM300-400 for 3ft x 6ft, frameless with bevel edge is abt RM400-450.

sorry my mistake... the price for 6mm thickness "mirror" is at rm7 +- per sqft and 6mm "glass" is rm3-3.50 per sqft.

4mm is way too thin and not safe if you have kids around... btw, if not mistaken, 7 x 10' is the largest standard cutting glass ald... if they can provide 7 x 12' then i might wanna know where they source it.

for 7 x 10 with aluminum frame, it's about rm1000 or less, and for 8 x 6', the price is rm900 or less... (with 1 inch+ aluminum border and U/L-channel wall mounting bracket and installation

subang YKW giving RM1000 for 8 x 6' with 3 inches width wood frame (hanging as if it's a huge picture on wall)

toti... for the glass door you're looking for, any glass shop or aluminum shop can do that. it's similar to those glass door you see in bank, the diff is yours would be sliding and bank uses swing type.

If i'm not mistaken, i saw the shop u recommend in somebody blog. anyway, i can't find the shop.. i'm not familiar in subang.

so far i ask ard the shop in pj is about RM300-400 for 3ft x 6ft, frameless with bevel edge is abt RM400-450.

reference price:

Mirror glass

3' x 6' = 18sqft = 18 x rm7 = rm126 for 6mm glass

Bevel edge

3' + 3' + 6' + 6' = 18' footrun = 18 * 7.5 = rm135 all 4 edge bevel

** 2" bevel edge @ rm7.5 per footrun

if the price you get with installation is about 400-450, not too bad. can consider to get it done but make sure there are wood between wall and mirror, else you will see uneven shape if they were to glue directly on wall surface.

reference price:

Mirror glass

3' x 6' = 18sqft = 18 x rm7 = rm126 for 6mm glass

Bevel edge

3' + 3' + 6' + 6' = 18' footrun = 18 * 7.5 = rm135 all 4 edge bevel

** 2" bevel edge @ rm7.5 per footrun

if the price you get with installation is about 400-450, not too bad. can consider to get it done but make sure there are wood between wall and mirror, else you will see uneven shape if they were to glue directly on wall surface.

very infomative.. thanks a lot :)

i was quoted RM1600 for mirror complete with 2 or 3 inch thick frame (i forgot the size of the frame), installation and delivery for additional RM200 by the mirror shop in the wet market area in OUG...oh my, seems that the price she is charging is sky high....

i am trying to find mirror with thick framing, say 6 to 8 inch...somewhat like you will see in the showhouses......i find that the mirror shops do not have such thick frames.....

anyone got some recommendation for that?

i was quoted RM1600 for mirror complete with 2 or 3 inch thick frame (i forgot the size of the frame), installation and delivery for additional RM200 by the mirror shop in the wet market area in OUG...oh my, seems that the price she is charging is sky high....

i am trying to find mirror with thick framing, say 6 to 8 inch...somewhat like you will see in the showhouses......i find that the mirror shops do not have such thick frames.....

anyone got some recommendation for that?

oh...by the way, the price quoted was for 6' x 8' mirror....

dudes, what is the reasonable thickness of the glass for mirror of such size?

thicker the better.... minimum 6mm but if budget allows, i'd prefer to go for at least 8mm :D ... rm1600 with 2" wooden frame, that's the price quoted by most Interior designer... but rm1300++ should be the price according to my research 2 months back.

Dear toti,

I'm not sure how much it would cost, but I do have a very reliable n cost-effective contractor I can recommend if u wan. Let me noe if u wan n i'll pass u d detailz

thicker the better.... minimum 6mm but if budget allows, i'd prefer to go for at least 8mm :D ... rm1600 with 2" wooden frame, that's the price quoted by most Interior designer... but rm1300++ should be the price according to my research 2 months back.

Hi BeCool,

Can you tell me where is YKW in subang? do they have good workmanshsip?

toti, the kind of sliding glass door you wanted, I recently saw brochure of it from reliance when I went to furniture fair at convention centre recently. Not sure abt pricing though.