ice_anise

overweight during pregnancy

:lol:

Hushling, that's good. :smile: The walking may even help you feel more energetic! XD

Starryeye, if you're doraemon, then I must be Totoro la. :P

I'm doing okay...my tummy is now quite big - I went from 109 to 110.5 cm in just less than four days. Can still sleep even though my nose is bugging me. In terms of makan, still not too bad although now am craving for summer fruits like melon, watermelon (YUM) and mango.

As for bb stuff, almost done already - I bought what I need for now, the rest will buy after we move to SG lor (macam crib and all). Breast pump oso I didn't buy yet coz hospital is providing it and see what the midwife say. If need, they'll give us a prescription (insurance can pay for half) and HB will just go out and buy immediately.

Comparing to Mabel's tummy, mine is slight smaller - remains as 102cm since Week 35 (now Week 37). My nose has been functing well during day time BUT once it reaches sleeping time will definitely block till I need to use Afrin Spray to unblock it. Haiz... No choice else I cant breathe at all!

meiteoh, i was 51kg before preggie. so, im not consider skinny at all. ur right, i now take heavy brekkie and by dinner i cut everything to half. i changed from white bread to wholemeal. but i hardly do fast food. so it shud be safe, hopefully :)

yup, i do agree that my gynea has a valid point. i asked whether i looked like a whale, diplomatically he replied no dear, ur glowing. mmmm....which means i am a whale! i feel as round as a doraemon at times, without the magic pouch, unfortunately.

as for exercise, i onli do walking. maybe i shud join yoga.

anyways, thanks mei for ur advice. how have u been so far? i bet u must be so kan cheong. finish buying BB stuff?

LOL..., starry, now that you are nurturing another life in your body, stop worrying about ur look. You should concentrate more on ur health and baby's.

From what I can see, your gynae was not being diplomatic, he was just honest. If you notice, or maybe ur hb, your skin actually will glow, have pinky tone and smoother, as well as ur hair.

And gaining 3 kgs hardly makes anybody looks like a whale lahhh..... So better view urself as normal, only with a baby in ur tummy. You will feel like a whale on ur last trimester, not now. :D

my colleague laugh at me d other day.. he said from far, he saw me walk like a penguin!!! :bruce: :bruce:

pre-pregnancy weight is 59kgs.. but not even a month, i gain 3 kgs.. that's too much!!! i start to worry.. i was hoping i won't gain til 70kgs in full term..but currently already 65kgs in 26 weeks.. :dash2: :dash2: :dash2: :dash2:

dear lovely mommies,

i feel sometimes science can't explain too... i gain 26kg in my 1st pregnancy... from 60kg to 86kg... then i took about a year time to reduce to 71kg... and it seems very difficult to reduce furthermore... in my current second pregnancy, i drop 4kg in the 1st trimester to 67kg... and now at week 37, i m 81kg...

for me, i didn't go through any difficulities during pregnancy... everything just normal... my colleagues didn't know i was pregnant until i wear maternity wear at the 5th months... luckily my period is always accurate... if not, preg also dunno... and the eating habits for both also the same... no changes as before pregnant... i didn't take anything extra... no 2 protion for me... just normal meal... but still the weight is picking up... but i think for this time still consider under control right?

wow so nice, you only gained 6kgs in 26 weeks, me already gained 9kg!!..

my colleague laugh at me d other day.. he said from far, he saw me walk like a penguin!!! :bruce::bruce:

pre-pregnancy weight is 59kgs.. but not even a month, i gain 3 kgs.. that's too much!!! i start to worry.. i was hoping i won't gain til 70kgs in full term..but currently already 65kgs in 26 weeks.. :dash2::dash2::dash2::dash2:

hey, our EDD is the same uh...

we are the same lor, i lost 2 kgs during the initial stage..

uhm..on weight gain..will wait n see again..i doubt on that..it's gona increase tremendously..

last check up at 23 weeks - 62.5kgs.. 24 weeks - 64kgs..

and check at home that day... 26 weeks - 65kgs.. i start to worry..i have been eating alot lately.. and with only this 3 weeks,i gain 3 kgs..this is terrible..

hmm yea hor.. same EDD.

I gain 1.5-2kg per mth averagely, from 10th week onwards..

I hope to keep it below 15kg in total.. really scared cannot be back to ori size later hehe..

hey, our EDD is the same uh...

we are the same lor, i lost 2 kgs during the initial stage..

uhm..on weight gain..will wait n see again..i doubt on that..it's gona increase tremendously..

last check up at 23 weeks - 62.5kgs.. 24 weeks - 64kgs..

and check at home that day... 26 weeks - 65kgs.. i start to worry..i have been eating alot lately.. and with only this 3 weeks,i gain 3 kgs..this is terrible..

I'm curious - is the weight gain coming from eating out often, eating too much, not enough exercise or what? :/

I'm curious - is the weight gain coming from eating out often, eating too much, not enough exercise or what? :/

I would say "all of the above" + better absorption that's y even we dun increase our food intake we will still gain some weight.

me ah... as u know.. i started off at 52kg.. and now I am at 60.5kg at Week 37.5 with total weight gain todate of 8.5kg. Higher than the limit that I set for myself - 8kg. I hope I can keep it well below 10kg gain since I am going for c-sec on next Wednesday. BB is 2.6kg as of last saturday la and shld be around 2.8kg when she pops out.

My weight gain seems higher in 3rd trimester and BB is growing faster also as this is the time when she put on fat - before that it's more of organ development. I also craze for dark choc and durian too from 8 month onward despite I never have craving in 1st and 2nd trimester.

My advise would be keep some allowance for 3rd trimester weight gain.. dun use up all your quota during 1st and 2nd trimester.

me ah... as u know.. i started off at 52kg.. and now I am at 60.5kg at Week 37.5 with total weight gain todate of 8.5kg. Higher than the limit that I set for myself - 8kg. I hope I can keep it well below 10kg gain since I am going for c-sec on next Wednesday. BB is 2.6kg as of last saturday la and shld be around 2.8kg when she pops out.

My weight gain seems higher in 3rd trimester and BB is growing faster also as this is the time when she put on fat - before that it's more of organ development. I also craze for dark choc and durian too from 8 month onward despite I never have craving in 1st and 2nd trimester.

My advise would be keep some allowance for 3rd trimester weight gain.. dun use up all your quota during 1st and 2nd trimester.

yaya.. that's what i plan oso.. keep that 5 kgs for 3rd trimester.. i hope that the max is 70kg..but now, i think very hard la.. 5 kgs for this 14 weeks

my plan kinda in thrash edi when last 3 weeks gain 2.5kgs..

Bunny, I noticed in my case, I tend to put on more weight if I eat out more often, especially at McDs. (French fries.....yum!) Somehow when I started my "more fruit" diet thing plus go walk macam once a week, the weight gain tapered off and for a week or so, I didn't put on weight at all. So what to do...tahan lor. :X

Eh, below 10 kg is good mah coz the average is around 9-12 kg. In my case, I'm trying to keep it within 10-12 kg (I know my body - easy to put on weight, etc, etc) - so far, I have 2 kg left spare and another 7 more weeks to go. But when I compared this trimesters weight gain (so far) with 2nd trimester, the average macam sama jeh.

Aiii...I wish Eva comes out in Week 37/38 la...senang for me to prepare for SG and all. Any ideas how to get her to be kuai kuai and come out around then ar ar? :lol:

Aiii...I wish Eva comes out in Week 37/38 la...senang for me to prepare for SG and all. Any ideas how to get her to be kuai kuai and come out around then ar ar? :lol:

Haha...INDUCE or C-SEC... else at her mercy... hahaha

Habis la I like that...maybe I see what the doc say la...but over here, I don't think they'll simply want to induce or do c-sec. Aiiiii....so I'm back to square one. Hari hari psycho her...she pulak macam no reaction jeh. :/

usually dr prefer to come out full term at 40 weeks, if not then only induce near term..

unless u have special condition.. baby in stress or apa apa then only they wil induce earlier lo i guess..

meiteoh..maybe u try to talk to eva n see it works that way or not.. maybe she wil wan to come out early..kakakakakaka

*nods*

Yeah, the docs won't simply induce or c-sec unless got issue which I lagi dun wan...so kena resort of psycho tactic. :lol:

skye,

you may find the yogurt mix from Just Life at the LG of The Garden (Mid Valley).

Hi,

Anyone intend to get a yogurt maker? Vitacare Pharmacy in The Gardens is having promotion -Easiyo 2 yogurt makers for RM99 (is actually buy one free one). I am looking for someone to share with me. I m working in The gardens, we can meet up to buy it together.

PM me if you are interested.

*nods*

Yeah, the docs won't simply induce or c-sec unless got issue which I lagi dun wan...so kena resort of psycho tactic. :lol:

Maybe u need to bribe lil Eva... but i wonder how... hahaha...

Mei,

I always envy your weight management when I read your blog. :) You have handle it so well. For me, looks like I can't keep to that 10 - 12kg boundaries as now 16 weeks already hit 7.5kg. Sigh! I'll work harder.... :dry:

So you just have a walk once a week? hhhmmm I hope I can gorek my hubby up and walk with me once a week. Else I'll just wonder around the house, walking up and down. :bye:

Maybe you can keep telling Eva, "Sweetie, mummy can't wait to see you. You come out on (dd/mm/yyyy), ok!" :lol:

i am also worried about gaining too much weight la... :dash2:

but i tink what mei said is correct...makan more fruits/non-fried stuff and do some exercise can kurangkan the possiblity of gaining too much...but now i wonder la, is it ok to do arm exercise ar? like carry some dumbells (500g) ka...i wanna tone up my arm la..LOL.

Mabel,

Some people said if you want your baby to pop out early, show her the baju etc etc you bought for her & tell her "see, mommy bought this for you, I cant wait to see you wear this etc etc" - example la. Kinda psycho + bribe tactic also :D.

For me, i show my bb his bb cot with the musical toy on and ask him to come out not too soon not too late. *fussy mom. :D

The bb cot look so nice and cosy that even me and my hubby feel like jump into the cot as well :D

bbstuff04.jpg

Hushling, HB also helped me to maintain weight coz he knows I am paranoid about weight gain. So he'll drag me out sometimes or control my diet, especially when I have food cravings. Otherwise, sure balloon like nobody's business. Plus my mum also always kaypoh ask whether I put on weight so you could say that from the start oso got pressure to not put on so much weight.

Now I try to walk once a week coz third trimester, belly is heavy and all plus since she turned down, my pelvic bone always sakit because she's pressing on the nerves. But before, we actually jalan more than once a week and for at least one hour. In my first trimester, it was nearly every day and over 2 hours sometimes. Then, I also walk everywhere (buy groceries, go to the lake, to work, etc) instead of taking the bus (at least 20 minutes to town centre). Then in 2nd trimester, slow down a bit but I still walk. The other day, HB drag me go hiking up some forest for 30 minutes (to go up) and then 30 minutes (to come down). Tired and grumpy leh coz pelvic bone sakit somemore. =.=

Then got the usual stuff macam housework - I did the vacuuming, cleaning, gardening, mopping, spinning (fun coz get to exercise the legs) and all in my first and second trimester; now in third trimester, just the small stuff macam sewing, gardening, vacuuming and cooking lor.

Never mind la...it's not the end of the world plus you still have time to jaga your weight. So gambatte lor!!!! :smile:

Janice, I must try that!!!! Of lately though, she hasn't been moving much - she still moves but it's on-and-off. Could it be that she's running out of space to jostle around like gila? :/ Sometimes I feel like calling the doc but when I want to call, she start her kicking and moving like crazy. =.=