Sign in to follow this  
Lilian

Nokia 5800

hubby and my sis also using it now. both also got no complaint thus far and is happy with the GPS function. there's free 1000 downloads of MP3 too for purchase with the phone.

i'm using this phone as well.. so far quite good and tell you wat, the battery do last long since i keep listening to mp3 for more than an hour a day and the battery last for 3 days ( of course inclusive of some short phone calls once in a while)

wow..good..how about when sms compare to normal phone that we have?..convenient?fast? can sms while driving ? :)

take photos? fast ? as i am using the sony ericson, bought it 2 years ago to shoot my son, it is very very slow, until my son walk away the camera only function. comment plss..

how much is it now? AP? original?

Lilian,

am not quite sure on the functionality of the phone as i didn't play with it. :P

my hubby bought it for about RM 1.4k inclusive the garmin GPS installation. that's about 1 1/2 months ago. my sis bought the exactly the same thing for about RM 1280 with free 3pcs of screen protector. and this is about 2 or 3 weeks ago. both of them bought original.

Lilian,

I just bought this phone 3 weeks ago. SMS is fast, i like their touch screen feature, it's quite sensitive. There is a camera button at the side, the response time is quite fast too. Free 1000 songs from a webite, but take time to download one song by song and the songs are very limited. I especially like the padlock button which just located at the side, just slide down to unlock and lock, easy peasy. I bought at Digi centre which is slightly more exp compare to outside, because of my phone voucher i have to purchase from there. RM1399 original.

hi Yvoonne,

do you have long nails? will that effect the touch screen?

which keypad you used to send sms? which phone you used before this phone?

wow sound like very interesting and quite good price phone yah

Hi All,

I bought one as present for my husband last week price was RM1399 with Free nokia bluetooth original set. so far i find the phone is quite good & friendly use.

I was regret that i bought E66 abt 5 mths ago coz if to compare with 5800... 5800 is much more better in function, software support & price also CHEAPER.....

Just an extra information for those who intend to buy do ask the sales of the software version of the phone coz there are old stock which not allow to be upgrade.

Dont buy into those salesman trick saying that older phone cant be upgraded and such. There is no such thing. In fact, manufacturer rarely make any alteration to the phone once it finalise the design to manufacturing. This is why you see Nokia selling N73 and then releasing N73 ME to differenciate the two. Nowadays manufacturers released software upgrade online so that user can DIY the upgrade process. Its faster and more convinient but the most important thing is that they save money in doing so.

How come mobile phone discussion can come into this thread?!! LOL! I thought that this is supposed to be for movies and TV and such..??

I guess if no one objects then it's fine gua... LOL!

Hi Lilian,

Sorry, i did not realise your msg till today. I'm having slightly longer nail, i think it is easier to use finger nail to tap on the screen. Semetimes i find difficulties right after nail cut, finger tip could be a bit harder to touch. I'm using touch screen feature to sms. My previous phone was an old phone no touch screen feature.. forgot the model.. hehe.. but it was nokia too.

My hubby is using Samsung Omnia, I have another Blackberry Bold and Curve. Compare to all i still prefer Nokia 5800. Speaking of features, Nokia has the best. But i have some complain about their software installation CD. I have Ipod MP3 player, where i used to store some image and video file besides mp3. I love their software very user friendly, easy installation at one go. But this Nokia 5800 is very tedious, i myself is in IT line, but i find it is a bit complicated to use compare to others. It takes very long to install, and u have to choose components one by one. After installation, some erros will prompt out say cannot find the file. Reboot and install few more times, then it works. Imagine, if a non IT savy or aged uncle auntie who are not very good in it, how are they going to install it? This phone seems designed for youngster only i would say. Whenever i download a song and sync to my nokia 5800, it will display in my ringtones. It is very very tedious when i want to select one as my ringtones, cause the list is very very long. Imagine i have about 10GB to store mp3. If i fully utilise the space for mp3, how long the list would be?

hi, im planning to buy nokia 5800 too. happy to see all those positive comments here.

thx yvonne118 for ur comment and any other would like to comment on tis phone?

Hi Yvonne,

yes i understand your feeling & comment.that is what i worry, i worry of the phone to give me trouble, as i am the type of person i like the things very fast & easy, very lazy / mang chang to slowly settle all this hassle.

the software you mentioned is to keep the photos? as the purpose i want to change the phone is

1) shotting photos very fast (currently using SOny ericson cybershot, very slow,when i wanted to shoot,my son already run to another place)

2) to watch movie i downloaded

3) to surf net everywhere i go where has the wifi available

4) sms very easy & fast

but 1 thing i still hesitate to change to Nokia5800 is that it is music phone, which i not really interested to, and i dont think i will keep any MP3 songs, as the purposes i want is only the above.

With the purposes above, am i correct to change this phone or any other with the price maximum RM1000?

pls advise

Hi Lilian,

The software is to transfer photo/mp3/video from phone to the software, and vice versa. It just take longer time to install, about the software wise, play few times you will get how to make it works. Even now whenever i plug in my phone by USB cable, there is an error says file missing, but the software still running with no problem. So i just ignore the error msg. I dunno whether the rest of the users got encounter such problem as mine or not. I still prefer the ipod software - iTunes, easy to use and learn to use.

1) shooting is quite fast, quality also not bad.

2) I never watch movie before, just try to use phone to record video.

3) Never use this phone to surf net, cause usually i use blackberry to do that.

4) sms is quite fast and user friendly

Yes, this phone is design for listening to mp3, the quality is quite good as well. You can consider other model with lower price since a lot of other nokia phones can match with your requirement.

me too plan to get this phone. the ori price had drop to 1200...

ap can get around 1000... hehehehe...

but i heard that there are alot of software, upgrading and other things to reboot and format to use the phone perfectly..

me too plan to get this phone. the ori price had drop to 1200...

ap can get around 1000... hehehehe...

but i heard that there are alot of software, upgrading and other things to reboot and format to use the phone perfectly..

Ohhh...me duno anythg bout d software part...

BTW...do u all know any free softwares for this phone's GPS system?

TQ...

i know one is call garmin. u can either download from the web and install to ur 5800 or u bring to the phone shop ask them to do for u but with a small fees la.. but uf u are planning to buy one, then ask them to install everything before selling to u..

hi nokia 5800 fans,

last week i have tried to transfer my song frm pc to my nokia 5800 but failed to do so ... on my pc's side, it comes out an error said cannot detect my hp??? any of u experience tis problem b4? need some feedback...

thanks