Sign in to follow this  
bumblebee

Langkawi

Hi

Thinking of heading to Langkawi for a break soon. Any good hotels/resorts to recommend?

Someone recommended me Tanjung Sanctuary and Holiday Villa, but read that these 2 places are really old.

Hi bumblebee,

Planning to go to Langkawi for you honeymoon?

I went there about 1year+ ago. But stay in those budget chalet near seaside. Cost me around +/-RM110/nite. Purposely look for that kind of accomodation because too bored stay in those well developed hotel & resort (wanna go for those kampung feel accomodation).

I rent a kancil for me to browse around. Joint the snorkeling tour (Langkawi Coral-Platform). And I also went for the gondola (cable car) ride. You can look for this local tour agency. From my experience they are good and their boss is a friendly malay man call Nurul.

http://www.gholiday.com/snorkeling.htm

post-12-1163689217.jpg

Actually there are wide range of accomodation in Langkawi. It's all depends on which type that you are looking for. Here are a few example that "I LIKE lar....." but don't know it suit you or not. I like kampung style accomodation (wooden wall). There are also plenty of brick / concrete wall style resort for example Awana Porto Malai. You can try Sheraton Perdana Resort & Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort

hi bumblebee,

i've been to awana porto malai...nice scenery from outside feel like u r in spain but inside...errr...not really, but don't know whether they have upgraded the interior or not. but it took you about one hour to go to the town...

attached are two pics that i took myself

post-12-1163723596.jpg

Wow, thank you so so much for the fed back. Hahaha, so Holiday Villa and Tanjung Sanctuary are not so good ah?

Basically, i'm just very scared of bad cleanliness (with roaches running around) and bad service. It'll just ruin your holiday!

I really like this BonTon place. Looks really good! Is it linked to the BonTon in KL? Kampung Tok Senik is also nice.

Sheraton Perdana, i heard that the beach is not nice issit? Anyone stayed there before?

Kampung Tok Senik to nice but not at seaside and you'll need to have car to go around. If i'm not wrong not much around the hotel.

Yeah i think i prefer something by the beach, for now at least.... heheh.

I was thinking going to Langkawi is like a budget honeymoon, short and quick one. Later on only go for a longer honeymoon some place else!! :P

But thanks Melissa. Hahaha, i'd rather go tok senik than Taman Negara. The leeches still scares the shit of out me :)

Another silly question. Is this time around ok for snorkelling activities and island hopping? Sea not rough ya??

Hi Bumblebee,

I would advise you against staying at Holiday Villa. I just went there at the end of Sept 06. Its kind of old and I feel like the sofa in the room smell. I prefer higher ceiling, but somehow I feel the ceiling in the bathroom is rather low and the paint in the bath tub is kind of peeling off.

I paid about RM265 per night and I don’t think its worth the money.

Hi Bumblebee,

just been to awana porto malai in Sept too....although the resort doesn't have a nice white sandy beach, but overall i think the condition of the room is not that bad la....as my fren has the genting voucher so we only spend RM150 for 3day 2 nites there. Although the room is not as good as 5 stars hotel, but i think with the price i pay for it's very worthy lo....

attached here's the inner look of the room i stay....:)

post-12-1163739676.jpg

Hihi

Just spoke to the travel agent. For my budget and location preference, i.e. beach and near to eateries. She recommended Frangipani (Langkawi Village) and Mutiara Burau Bay. D Internet has mixed reviews... Anybody can comment on these places??????

The agent said Awana Port Malai not recommended for honeymooners wor..... They also don't have any package for Bon Ton or Sheraton Perdana :(

My hubby signed up a package with this agent at MATTA in Sept for the short break and paid a small deposit. They threw in things like extra dinner, those 1/2 day tours and a 24H car usage. The do allow us to pick hotels of the same rating, but must be on their list lor. At the fair, they recommended Tanjung Sanctuary and Holiday Villa. The package was around Rm600 for 3D 2N, open till year end.

By the way, thanks Sheep and charliz for your replies!

Or maybe you'll prefer Berjaya Langkawi Beach & SPA Resort

http://www.berjayaresorts.com.my/beachreso...ngkawi_acco.htm

This is the room we stayed in Berjaya Langkawi Beach & Spa Resort. We took Free N Easy - Premier Chalet Package, 3D2N with 2 breakfasts & 2 dinners, cost us RM1200+. I strongly recommend this hotel.

Other than this, back to 2004, my hubby (my bf at that time) and I stayed in Casa Del Mar in Pantai Cenang and Sunset Beach Resort (RM130 only :P ) in Pantai Tengah. Casa Del Mar is very beautiful and romantic, but $$$ ;) that's why we stayed there for one night only.

post-12-1163866439.jpg