Sign in to follow this  
bumblebee

Langkawi

Thanks gals for all your feed back. Unfortunately, due to work commitment, my hubby now can't take leave at least till mid December. shucks :(

I hope the info posted here will help those who intends to go Langkawi though!! ;)

Hmm... not really la. Our plan was to have a short break after our wedding, then go for our longer 'honeymoon' some time next year. Already foresee the workload awaiting us after the wedding... but didn't expect tat even a short break also not possible..... :( I can go, but hubby cannot...

Wedding prep can really drain your energy man.... it's almost 2 weeks lor... i'm still feeling lethargic man.... :P

Hi..

I am going Langkawi for my honeymoon too.. Have booked Sheraton Perdana Langkawi, any comments of the place. ;)

The package is 495.00 Ringgit Malaysia per room per night

inclusive buffet breakfast and buffet dinner for 2 B)

hmm.... been eyeing datai for sometime too.

Last time we were thinking about a blissful two nights in pangkor laut resort. But once my foot step into Kl, shop like anything then at the end he said, okay, you must pick now, more shopping or pangkor...

so, i pick more shopping....we end up in redang instead. :D

i have not realised my full potential yet... now limit my shopping to bargains (so get more unit for same price) and books (i love them) and lots of trying but no buying plus all the hanging out that cafes. Hmm, also love makeups and body/facial/hair care stuff. I only buy them when I am in Malaysia. Also go facial.... :lol: god I miss them now

When I work..... shoes, handbags... HERE I COME!!!!! :lol:

zelda,

i had the same notion as you when I was still in school. Man when I started working, every penny was precious. I also miss facials, but shopping wise, I'm still a discount queen :P

When you see the sales in US, you'll start to wonder why you'd ever pay full price when things can be obtained for 80% off!!

Dear Ladies (and gentlemen),

My FH and I are planning to go to Langkawi for our honeymoon in may. Any suggestion for a nice romantic hotel, minus the crazy expenditure? And what sort of activities do you suggest we do there? I am not for snorkeling or water activities... but i love the beach!

Any suggestions? Or willing to share any experience in langkawi?

Hi Joonie,

Check the discussion from this link.

http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1526

My FH and I are planning to go to Langkawi for our honeymoon in may. Any suggestion for a nice romantic hotel, minus the crazy expenditure? And what sort of activities do you suggest we do there? I am not for snorkeling or water activities... but i love the beach!

Hi Joonie,

Check the discussion from this link.

http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1526

Hey thanks! didnt realise there was a similar thread already.... =)

Hi ladies,

Anyone of you just back from your Langkawi trip?

Care to share more of your hotel/resort & cost/pakage price? :)

I am also thinking of going to beach resort in Msia, still considering Langkawi & Redang...

Updates, any1 ? :P

I am goin LAngkawi on Apr 9-11

Got a package from MAtta FAir RM629 inclusive of :

3D 2N City Bayview resort

Daily Breakfast

CAr Rental 3 days

4 pax

But 4 pax in a room. Gotto share share room with Parent in law <_<

Hi ladies,

Anyone of you just back from your Langkawi trip?

Care to share more of your hotel/resort & cost/pakage price? :)

I am also thinking of going to beach resort in Msia, still considering Langkawi & Redang...

Updates, any1 ? :P

Hi there kittybride. I've stayed at The Andaman in langkawi before - very nice place for honeymoon but may be very expensive - it's close to RM1k per room but it was a good stay.

If you like the beach in Langkawi and dont wanna burn a hole in the pocket I would suggest you check out Holiday Villa Langkawi - it's next to a beach and it's a nice hotel.

Redang is beautiful but maybe not for honeymoon coz the activities alone will leave you very tired to do anything else at night :lol: . But Redang is also seasonal - best time to go there is around May - July where the water is the clearest.

I am goin LAngkawi on Apr 9-11

Got a package from MAtta FAir RM629 inclusive of :

3D 2N City Bayview resort

Daily Breakfast

CAr Rental 3 days

4 pax

But 4 pax in a room. Gotto share share room with Parent in law <_<

hehe, i thought it was cute and funny to have this smiley face <_< after you said "gotta share share room with Parent in law". Keke. How did you have to end up going and staying with your in laws? But i guess if very close and comfortable with each other, then it's ok.... i guess... hehe

eh wait... that's NOT your honeymoon, or is it??

what about The Datai?

I saw pics of this resort like 10 yrs ago and it looks oooo nice. I can only wish to go there one day.. sad.gif

http://www.thedatai.com/

http://www.ghmhotels.com/hotels/hotel_home...mp;section=home

The Datai is HEAVENLY!!! Do go if you have a chance. My FH proposed to me there.. :) I love the hotel....very secluded and very romantic.........if you like to laze around, enjoy the peace and quiet...this is the place for u. I was speechless when I first stepped in there! It is perched on a hillside overlooking its private beach.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I miss it. We plan to go back there for our honeymoon...

A nice to eat is Bon Ton Restaurant....near Pantai Chenang......

Langkawi is special to me as when my brother and I were little, we spent all our holdays there. My mom grew up there too :)

Im going to langkawi in march 2008 and im still searching for hotels... will be staying 3 nites there with a group of my frens....

im still surveying which hotel to stay for that 3 nights... any suggestions.... currently i have a few in my list:

1) aseania langkawi

2) langkasuka beach resort

3) eagle bay

the 3 above.... which would u guys recommend?

Hi,

I am looking for beach hotel at Langkawi. Planning to have a Family trip + mini honeymoon 2 days after my wedding in March. Have been searching a few hotels but there are good and bad reviews for each. SO, not sure which one will be the best to choose. We have 8 adults and a 2 year old kid. We would like to stay at the beach, not too expensive but not too old hotel. Kindly recommend.

This is what I gathered from my research:

1) Sheraton Langkawi Beach resort - nice room but expensive. How's the beach like? (About RM510 for superior room without breakfast)-5 stars

2) Frangapani Resort and Spa Hotel - family friendly, room average (Sbout RM520 for Deluxe Garden view room)-3 stars

3) Berjaya Hotel - nice hotel but too far away to the town (About RM380 for superior room)-5 stars

4) Holiday Villa Hotel - price reasonable but the hotel is old and rooms are rundown (About RM320 for Deluxe premium room)-4 stars

5) Langkasuka Hotel - cheap but heard that the beach is muddy (About RM220 for Deluxe Premium room)-3 stars

Hope someone can advice and give recommendation. Desperately need help!!!