shania

Homemade yogurt

Hi,

Anyone intend to get a yogurt maker? Vitacare Pharmacy in The Gardens is having promotion -Easiyo 2 yogurt makers for RM99 (is actually buy one free one). I am looking for someone to share with me. I m working in The gardens, we can meet up to buy it together.

PM me if you are interested.

Hi Shania,

Too bad i just got my yogurt maker. I got mine at RM80 after 10% discount. 1 maker with 2 jars, 2 packs of yogurt powder and the recipe included. After trying this easiyo yogurt, i feel it has better digestion and absorbtion than those yogurt i usually get from market.

Each jar can make 1 kg yogurt. My hb and sil loves the yogurt i make. Now we are on the way for the 2nd jar. U can also order online. I think very healthy after having easiyo yogurt. :)

Hi,

Anyone intend to get a yogurt maker? Vitacare Pharmacy in The Gardens is having promotion -Easiyo 2 yogurt makers for RM99 (is actually buy one free one). I am looking for someone to share with me. I m working in The gardens, we can meet up to buy it together.

PM me if you are interested.

princess_m,

where did you buy your easiyo?

i bought 1 maker, 1 jar (another 1 for free), 3 packs of yogurt powder, and one flavouring (forgot its name) at RM129!

and they claimed it's parents' day promotion...oh...i thought it's a good deal! who knows i paid so much more > <

Hi Panda1020,

I got mine somewhere in Klang.

The original price was RM88 but i entitle to get 10% discount included :

1 yogurt maker,

2 jars (1 is free)

2 packs yogurt powder

1 recipe

Then i get another recipe book at additional cost.

After few days, i went to the same shop and get another 3 packs yogurt powder.

Each pack is RM13.95 after 10% discount.

So far beside making the yogurt top up with fruits,

i also tried to mix with the juice as showed in recipe.

Which flavour u tried? Please share. I am so excited with it..............

princess_m,

where did you buy your easiyo?

i bought 1 maker, 1 jar (another 1 for free), 3 packs of yogurt powder, and one flavouring (forgot its name) at RM129!

and they claimed it's parents' day promotion...oh...i thought it's a good deal! who knows i paid so much more > <

wow...really heartache after knowing your price.. :P i dont want to buy from that shop anymore > <

well...i have that juice pack (looks like flavouring??) but never tried yet.

so far i made twice. one is strawberry, another is natural.

sad to say i failed in my second time as my water used is not cold enough :P strawberry one is nice! the taste is just right! what flavour u have had? :cool: i really like this easiyo..i can even make ice cream now..

mind to share the shop name that u bought?

Hi panda1010,

The shop is at Klang. Opposite of Klang parade and just beside the RHB bank. Sorry i can't remember the name. :P

So far i tried strawberry, vanila and peach. I personally like vanila because it tasted like vanila ice-cream even without fruits topping. But my in law and husband they like strawberry. The strawberry 1kg yogurt can be finished in just a day!

I tried to mix the vanila yogurt with orang juice, tasted like the sunrise ice-blended from coffee beans. The recipe says u can add in the strawberry, milk and yogurt blend together, then u get the strawberry smooties...........

Did you try to use this natural yogurt for facial?

wow...really heartache after knowing your price.. :P i dont want to buy from that shop anymore > <

well...i have that juice pack (looks like flavouring??) but never tried yet.

so far i made twice. one is strawberry, another is natural.

sad to say i failed in my second time as my water used is not cold enough :P strawberry one is nice! the taste is just right! what flavour u have had? :cool: i really like this easiyo..i can even make ice cream now..

mind to share the shop name that u bought?

There is no switch. It just says to let the mixture sit in the yoghurt maker for 8-12 hours or overnight.

I just bought one the other day (yoghurt maker and five starter packs for SGD35) and am planning to make some once I finish the tub of commercial yoghurt in the fridge. My hubby did tell me that you can make yoghurt without using their starters so will try that one day. :)

At home, we make yoghurt like this.

We would need one tub of Dutch Lady milk (1 Lit), One Tbsp milk powder, One Tbsp commercial yoghurt (for the first time), a whisk and a very clean thermos pot (those that can be used to keep heat in for about 8 hrs).

We would boil the milk in a pot until it starts to smoke a bit and tiny bubbles appear at the edges. We have to stir the milk constantly with the whisk to prevent burning and skin forming. After that, remove from heat and let it cool until a drop of milk can sit on your palm without scalding you but still relatively on the warm-hot side. A bit cooler is ok but not until room temperature cos the microorganisms in yoghurt die at high temp as well as tend to slow down activity at low temperatures.

When it has achieved the desired temperature, whisk in the milk powder. My mom found that you can mix the powder in a bowl with a bit of the hot milk just to prevent lumps and then pour it into the rest of the milk. Continue by whisking in the Tbsp of commercial yoghurt. You can add 2 if you like.

Pour the mixture into the thermos and leave on a stable, unmoved surface for about 8 hrs. Open and check then, if there's a layer of whey (clear liquid) formed around the edges and the milk has visibly hardened, you have yoghurt! Keep refrigerated for up to a week. For your new batch of yoghurt, just retain 2 tbsps from your homemade yoghurt and use for your new batch. You'll never need commercial yoghurt again..... unless your homeone has turned bad. But then, commercial ones are only, what... RM2 per can?

We use an egg-shaped thermal cooker pot (non electricity one). Can't remember the brand but any thermal pots work as long as tne heat can be retained for about 8 hrs. So we just use the inner metal pot to boil the milk, stir the powder and yoghurt in and pop the whole thing into the insulator. All in one pot with minimal fuss.

You can use this or any other similar ones: TH_RPF20_n.jpg

So without the Easiyo, you get yoghurt too. But a caveat: this homemade one is very natural, no flavourings whatsoever so it IS sour. Once the yoghurt is made, you can scoop out a bowl and add your favourite juice, honey, raisins, slightly dissolved preserves/jams etc for flavour. I personally like sour so it's nice for me with just a sprinkle of raisins and chopped nuts. Sometimes, I even add a sprinkle of Milo for fun! Other times, I add the yoghurt into my cereal. Which reminds me, I need to make some :biggrin:

I did consider this but felt that there were a lot of chances to screw up a long the way. Anyway, read a Singaporean blogger's experiments with making his own yoghurt and he uses milk powder plus commercial yoghurt as a starter. Sounds interesting!

Yep, milk powder and yoghurt is similar to my method. There will be failures but once you get a hand of it, it's pretty kind on you. Just like cooking and baking.

I am keen to get one as well. august8, did you manage to buy one? If there is another round of buy 1 free 1, maybe we can share share lo? Anyone can let me know any good promotion lately? After googling, the cheapest price I found is over RM100 ler :(.

Thanks!

I am keen to get one as well. august8, did you manage to buy one? If there is another round of buy 1 free 1, maybe we can share share lo? Anyone can let me know any good promotion lately? After googling, the cheapest price I found is over RM100 ler :(.

Thanks!

janicelly,

i got mine already lor since nobody reply :( got mine during cny. its a hamper package cost rm 120 comes with 4 or 5 sachets of powder and a big wooden basket. still a good buy i think and its really easy to make. worth the investment i think.

this is the first time i am hearing about a yogurt maker.

My mom has her own traditional indian method to make yogurt, and it doesnt cost a cent, except the milk of course. Perhaps the quality/texture of the machine made yogurt is different from this homemade one...

Possible. I can't say for sure since I'm still using the starters to make the yoghurt but I was reading this guy's blog and he experiments with using milk and commercial yoghurt as starter and so forth. The type of milk and starter you use will definitely have an impact on the flavour - the fatter the milk, the more creamier the yoghurt and etc. After reading this entries, am ultra tempted to really DIY all the way. :P

august8,

No worries! I was just trying my luck! My internet was down for almost a month, that's why I recently only saw this thread, aih. Someone else PMed me already & we're going to get the buy 1 get 1 free maker. Can't wait to start!

Mabel,

Try! Then let us know the outcome :)

Hey Janice, where to get this buy 1 free 1 yoghur maker? How much actually? I'm interested.

It is available in Vitacare in Gardens. RM129, buy 1 free 1 till stock lasts

ChrisNg

Not sure whether other branches selling. When I bought it last 2 days, only a few left. So better grab it fast if you really want it. I think it is leftover Christmas promotion as I saw the price tag says 'early Christmas pack'.

Hi, I've bought mine yesterday, buy 1 free 1 at RM129. According to Vitacare, it's the last 2 units left for buy 1 free 1 promotion!

Anyone would like to share, please let me know. Thanks.