Hi, girls.

Want to ask you all whether did you put RSVP dateline on your invitation card?

For example, Kindy RSVP by 1st December 2009.

If yes, how advance is the RSVP date from your wedding date?

I wanted to put my RSVP date one month in advance but my mum said she will only give out invitation card together with my wedding biscuit, which is after my "Guo Dai Lai.

My "Guo Dai Lai" is only two weeks before my wedding, so I find that it's a bit too late if my RSVP date is based on that.

Please advice.

Thanks.

My RSVP is 1 month before the AD. The reason for this is because we are very sure more than half the guest will not call back to RSVP. So by that date, we will make calls for one week to get attendance. Makes it easier to get exact number of tables we need and also to prepare for favours. Better to have it earlier than 2 weeks. Otherwise, no point RSVP because you can't do much by then.

You can give cards before GDL and get RSVP first. After all, GDL is just custom, right?

Yup, I put an RSVP date on my wedding invitation and it was about one month before the AD. This is because we wanted to know how many tables we need exactly - the restaurant needed to know like two weeks before as my AD was on Chap Goh Meh - and for our planning purposes (wedding favours, table seating, no of tables). We didn't want to have any empty tables and neither did we want to end up with people standing.

It's actually better to give the invitation to people one month before the AD, particularly if it's peak wedding season to allow ppl to make space in their calender for your wedding. BUT if you can't give out the invite, why not just spread by word of mouth? That can also serve as a mini-reminder for folks. :smile:

In my case, we do not have any RSVP date. We ask one by one whether they are coming, how many person can make it, how many cannot and we go from there.

Hi All,

Further to Amy's question, my HTB's brother will get married 2 months before us and my FMIL worried it is too close to invite friends and relative immediate after her another son's wedding. Any suggestion on when is the best time to send out the invitation card so that we can have sufficient time frame for RSVP and not giving impression to others that they are paying angpow twice in a short period.... Although we think that friends and relatives wouldn't mind..

Thanks in advance.

I suppose you can't help it because you do have to give the cards out early. Maybe 1 and a half months before yout AD (1/2 month after your FH's bro's wedding) so people can have about 1/2 or 3/4 a month to plan and rsvp to you 3 weeks before? I still feel RSVP should be at least 1 mth before so it's easier for YOU to gauge and plan the finer details. But if cannot, 3 weeks is okay. So it gives you 1/2mth gap between the previous wedding and your cards to be sent out.

After all, it's a celebration, not just a matter of giving ang pow. If friends and relatives can only think of the money/ang pow, then they are not sincerely celebrating wth you, right? But I know they won't just think like that. They'll surely be excited for your wedding too.