Experienced with HUKM/UKMSC under Prof Paul in march2009, service ok and I m comfortable with unplanned c-sec on Sunday morning. Nurses are friends and very prompted as well. Spent 3d2n there, bill at rm5.5k. overall I m happy to delivery there under doc prof paul.

My friend just delivered last month under Prof Tan (lady Doctor), it was emergency c-sec on Monday morning. 3d2n there, bill at rm4.7k. Being the first time mummy, usually is more concern and might have more questions but according to my friend, Prof Tan did not comfort her well and so she was being very blur and dunno the progress of delivery. Since she has less information and not prepared, she is over worried and panic and dunno wat to do and wat is next... but at lastly, she and bb is safe and happily at home now.

I have just make my first appointment with Prof Tan for my next check up in early Aug....

Will try to ask questions and have a feel whether i'm comfortable with her onot.....

otherwise, i have to re-consider Dr Loo at TDMC or look for other DR at Pantai Bangsar.

Due to my blood type rhesus negative, I would really want to go to a good and well-equip hospital.

I have just make my first appointment with Prof Tan for my next check up in early Aug....

Will try to ask questions and have a feel whether i'm comfortable with her onot.....

otherwise, i have to re-consider Dr Loo at TDMC or look for other DR at Pantai Bangsar.

Due to my blood type rhesus negative, I would really want to go to a good and well-equip hospital.

If this is your 1st pregnancy, your pregnancy will be like any other normal pregnancy. The only difference is you will need Anti-D jab at 28th and 32th week pregnancy as well as after delivery to prevent sensitisation which will affect your future pregnancy.

Each Anti-D will cost at least RM500 in private hospital and may not be readily available but it is FREE in HUKM or any other gov hospital.

Even if you are worried about blood supply, where do you think the blood will come from? It is national blood bank. The private hospitals will get all their blood from national blood bank.

So don't be too alarm by your Rh negative status, the management of the pregnancy is entirely same with normal pregnancy especially if this is the 1st pregnancy. The different is some extra blood test like coombs test and Anti-D injection.

Just to share my experience of my previous twin pregnancy. Initially I did my check up in some private clinic/hospital. Two different gynae advised me better to follow up in govt hospital, due to the nature of high risk of twin pregnancy.

Then from my 4th months onwards I started my check up in UMSC (private) with Prof Tan. Then I also paid RM500 deposit to UMMC (semi-govt) as a back up plan. Prof Tan advised me if any premature symptoms, then I should rush directly to the UMMC. On the other hand, even if there is any complication happen after delivery in UMSC and required prolong stay, then it could be arranged to transfer to UMMC easily. (UMSC and UMMC are within the same compound & the Drs in UMSC are also serving UMMC & teaching in UM). Then the medical bill can be reduced. Also I have the option to visit Prof Tan in UMSC or UMMC. But mostly I chose UMSC, although more expensive but save time.

Thanks god and to Prof Tan, I carried the twins till 37 wks and underwent c-sect as planned. Also, I have recently reclaimed the RM500 deposit paid to UMMC earlier.

''my sis in law delivered at TDMC. Cost came up to 10 k for (3 nights stay). She had emergency C-section. I think for the condition of the medical centre TDMC is quite pricey lah.''

Wow! 10.2k that's very expensive! I am currently follow up at TdMC with their new 1999 package. They told me i only need to pay once for all the pregnancy monthly check plus the 3d2n normal delivery. if i ever need C section, I just need to top up 5k. So I was told total max to pay is 2k for normal delivery and 7k for c section for my whole pregancy. Ihope there is no hidden cost, I must call them up to double check. in this kind of economy, 10k for a delivery is ridiculous.

Hi Hoisum,

My son was delivered my Prof Tan and find it the services at HUKM rather good compare to Pantai Bngsar where my daugther was born there. I had c-section too due to placenta previa and only cost me RM5K with 3 night stays at executive single room in HUKM.Whereas, Pantai Bangsar cost me RM8k 4 years back.

Hi Hoisum,

My son was delivered my Prof Tan and find it the services at HUKM rather good compare to Pantai Bngsar where my daugther was born there. I had c-section too due to placenta previa and only cost me RM5K with 3 night stays at executive single room in HUKM.Whereas, Pantai Bangsar cost me RM8k 4 years back.

Hi, you delivered at HUKM by Prof Tan. Overall you are satisfied with the services there and her expertise?

Her appointment is really full, and i have to booked 1.5 mths ago.....

I'm glad you said the services at HUKM is good coz i'm kinda worry the services not good, esp the nurses.

Hi All,

Can anyone share your experience and opinion about HUKM (private wing) and Taman Desa Medical Center for check up and delivery.

My sis in-law has delivered in HUKM by Dr Paul last year but now he has moved to Pantai Bangsar. She advised me to deliver in HUKM too as it is nearer to my house as I stay in sg long.

For my first check up in May, I went to HUKM and found out that Prof Tan only available on Wed and her appointment is full till end of June. I was surprised to know that and then I look for Dr Loo at Tmn Desa. Generally, she is ok and she's full time there.

Now, i'm abit worrying and undecided....I'm not sure should I continue to visit Dr Loo or go for HUKM... Heard that hospital facilities and equipment is for more better and hosp able to handle emergency than medical center.

Please share and advise. Thanks!

hi, just wanted to know how was the scar of c-sec by Prof Paul? is it just a line? How long was it? I might planning a c-sec with him, how much is the cost that time?