yvonne118

Info Sharing for Moms-to-be or new mommies of 2009

TAWAS-1.jpg

http://www.tawas.org.my/

Do you guys know about this? Just info sharing to everyone. For newborn babies born in Selangor 01 Jan 2009 onwards, provided the parents are born in Selangor or have been living in Selangor for more than 10 years will get RM100 per year up to 18 yrs old by Selangor govt.

Anyone has register for your babies?

i know for old-folks, there's an allowance of RM2,500 for funeral spending. It has to be someone staying in Selangor > 10 years or someone born in Selangor. At last, some good news from the local gov.... :whistling:

Btw, how to proof that someone has been staying in for > 10 yrs?

but either mother or father must stay at selangoe more than 10 years to entitle this benefits

This is crappy for me coz despite having lived in Selangor for 20 over years, I'm not eligible simply because my mum gave birth to me in UMMC (under KL). :(

meiteoh- Based on the poster above, if the address in your NRIC is one in Selangor, I think u're still eligible for it, no? I'm in the same predicament as you're in & I remember reading this article in the Star paper with FAQ's on this project & I recall that I'm eligible for it.

Do we need to get the registration form in the Projek Tawas office in Shah Alam, or can we get it elsewhere too?

Maroon, dunno leh...but like the other girls, I wonder...how are they going to prove that we have been staying in Selangor for over 10 years?

Hi all,

I registered my 2008 born BB with TAWAS and has approved succesfully for I am a Selangor- born mom.

Hmm.. they required certification from ppl like ADUN officer if both mom & dad not born in Selangor but have resides in Selangor for more than the period they indicated. I don't think I/C address gives any effect but I/C no. is (Selangor-born is XXXXXX-10-XXXX).

For those who are hesitating, just give it a try.. Since the programme is continuing this year, I will again register my coming soon BB with them.. hehehe :smile:

To all new mummies out there,

I finally took the time & effort to call the TAWAS office to ask for more info. The officer gave me the PJ representive no. to ask further. I called & the man confirmed that the baby has to be born in Selangor to qualify. If can't fulfill this criteria, either the mum or dad must be born in Selangor (Pantai Bangsar doesn't qualify yo!).

If anyone of you guys qualifies, he can contacted for direction to his office to collect the form (instead of heading to Shah Alam)-

Mr Yap (016-9650552)

54A, Jln SS2/24,

Petaling Jaya.

Mummies,

I dont quite understand. SO the government will give 1800 when the baby turns 18? well, in 18 yrs time, 1800 is not much eh? But if it's free money, why not? I will only be delivering next year, will I still be eligible for it?

ifUip8.png

SJt3p8.png

Hi All,

I have browse the website what I understand is for TAWAS offer a saving of RM1,500 for baby (Must Malaysian) who born on or after 1 Jan 2009 onwards & must fulfill the following criteria:

1. Baby born in any state & baby's mom or dad must born in Selangor or KL b4 1 Feb 1974.

OR

2. Baby born in Selangor AND baby's mom or dad must stay in Selangor for more than 10 years.

Parent must register their BB by submit the following documents:

1. BB's birth cert & MyKid

2. Parent's NRIC

Once registration is successful a certificate will be given & need to keep well for future claim purposes. RM1,500 will only release once the BB reach 18 years old.

whoa..good info to share,now i knw. however, the mykid need to wait for 2mths time b4 collection, cant imagine how slow is the gov into implementing this issue. Worst come to worst, my cousin told me that her son's mykid card to need wait for 3mths,his son is 1mth younger than my bb. well..better to get the mykid card before register for it.

whoa..good info to share,now i knw. however, the mykid need to wait for 2mths time b4 collection, cant imagine how slow is the gov into implementing this issue. Worst come to worst, my cousin told me that her son's mykid card to need wait for 3mths,his son is 1mth younger than my bb. well..better to get the mykid card before register for it.

only can register after getting the myKid card huh...

yea..better cos.. if application will be cancel if relevant docs are not submitted in 4 mths. The mykid card takes quite sometime. sighz