I set up this thread for discussion for all brides from Malacca. Not sure if it will be popular but maybe can share info on weddings in Malacca.

tiger, i also deal with Yvonne from Renaissance. Only last week went to submit in the confirmation form that they faxed to me. What I know is they are in the midst of changing a few things here and there like the wedding cards, table cloths, wedding decor etc.

syuen, good to hear that they are changing things...

yes, i think is time to add more variety to the wedding cards, deco and so on..

i will be attending a wedding dinner at Renaissance end of next mth. Prob can share with you more then..

I'm looking for photographer too... are you engaging one?

from what i know the new cards will be out around june/july. they also looking at guest book rather than the re banner for guests to sign. I hope the new stuff will be ready for our wedding though. tired of looking at the unatttactive pink coloured wedding card they are currently providing.

they also recommending a new type of backdroup instead of the usual cut our polystyrene wordings. it['s a new technique ...some injected thing....forgot the real term. it's a bit expensive....about rm500 but they say, the backdrop wordings and design will come out nicer in pictures.

ooh even the room charges for the wedding guests have increased from the previous RM180++ to RM230++ i think.

yes i have engaged a photographer fir event day.

i'm still looking for a band too. are you engaging anyone?

yeah..i agree.. the pink colour wedding card is so so boring..

wah! the backdrop thingy sounds canggih! but will they charge us more?

initially we tot of getting a band.. but I dunno how much it usually costs.. above 2K??

you are getting a photographer from KL or Melaka? Me still searching high and low..

at first i thought of doing my own card. FH and i found this wonderful little shop in pudu area, so tiny no one will actually notice it. they have wonderful sets of cards. really elegant and the price is quite alright. But after that, we had to ditch the idea...scared parent will say waste money. sigh.....

backdrop, ya charging additional RM500 i think...that's what carol told me. that had this idea from one of their customer who had a wedding in renaissance itself. they say will show me a picture later. but aiyah, cannot afford to throw money like dat for backdrop only leh.

I think for a band, you can get it at about RM1k+. I;m still surveying. maybe can recommend to you once i have found one.

my photographer is from kl. he will take the whole day event for me.

yeah, me too had the initial idea to DIY wedding card.. but FH said waste money..haiz.

i think i have to drop the canggih backdrop idea...budget constraint :(

yes, please let me know once you found good contacts for band. I remembered Yvonne told me that one of the pub in Renaissance has got a very good band.. Did you ask her abt this?

do mind sharing ur photographer details? I'm now considering a few:

-Kevin Han

-Edmund Tham

-Photoz

-David Chua

Most of them from KL, hardly come across contacts from Melaka.. which mean to say we'll have to pay more for transportation & accommodation...**headache**

yeah me only going for the normal backdrop...mayeb give them some design which i like.....a bit additional cost but not so much.

no, yvonne didnt say anything about the band in renaissance. will let u know if i ada contact.

i like david chua's work but a bit expensive.hehe...i can give you some freelancer's number. will pm you later. they cost about RM2k including the trip down to malacca.

oh yeah, another questions.. do u have any idea if we can specify the theme for our wedding banquet...such as choice of flowers and arrangement, and so on... i guess should be extra cost lor.....

or are we allowed to engage external florists to decorate the hall?

the other day yvonne showed me their decor for the wedding hall...after cny. each side of the walkway will have this lighted column, short ones with floral bouquets and candle. quite alrite but makes the walking path small a bit.

as for the theme, i think you could but better try to match with their new table cloth and chair covers...try and call and see what they have. no very fond of their new carpet in the ballroom though....green and yellow! :o sigh i;ll just walk and not look down though. <_<

yes, you can engage florist to do additional decor for you. they allow that.

do mind sharing ur photographer details? I'm now considering a few:

-Kevin Han

-Edmund Tham

-Photoz

-David Chua

personally, I would recommend David Chua ;)

i like david chua's work but a bit expensive.hehe...i can give you some freelancer's number. will pm you later. they cost about RM2k including the trip down to malacca.

Hey syuen, same here ... I like David Chua's work too but too bad not within my budget :(

yupe, it's a bit ex ...

my hb thinks that since our wedding in Penang is going to be a small affair for family members and some 'ee mah ku cheh" whom we might not even know, it's really no point for us to slurge on the photography ... furthermore, we have already engaged in expensive pre-wedding PS in S'pore liao so need to have a balance lor ...

Anyway, I've engaged Eric Wong for my AD, he charges 2k for a full day event ... and as usual extra charges for outstation and accommodation ... he is an easy going guy, for our Penang event, he suggested that he will drive there and just claim the petrol and toll from us. Plus he is ok with any types of accomodation :)

If i'm not mistaken, another MB girl also just engaged him, I think it's ailin :lol:

hi chooz, u are working in Spore? me too working in Spore. Which BS and Photographer you sign up wif??

and thanks for the contact, i will check him out later during lunch time.. hehe

yes syuen, still cracking my head on what to give leh....

maybe going to BK to see if i can get something nice there..

if not, i will end up giving chocolate/teddy bear in organza pouch.. quite boring lor..

hi chooz, u are working in Spore? me too working in Spore. Which BS and Photographer you sign up wif??

and thanks for the contact, i will check him out later during lunch time.. hehe

Hey tiger!! ya, me too living in S'pore now!! Used to work but not right now ... what bout you? we can exchange MSN ID leh!! :P

btw, which one is your BS ah? you sign up on in S'pore or going back to KL to look for one? Hope we can exchange tips and ideas coz right now I'm cracking my head to decided which BS to go to make an extra WG ... was contemplating between Bridal Veil and Silhoutte but I heard Michelle from BV is very bossy :(

Have you heard any feedback about them? Do share if you have ;)

Btw, do you frequent another forum (SingaporeBri***) ?? I saw another person with your exact same nick there! is that you??

chooz, i'm working in spore lor... me signed up with BV. no comments so far cos still waiting for my 1st appt. yes, i heard a lot about Michelle being bossy and unfriendly. But I just love their simple and elegant gown. hope i've made a rite choice.. one of my colleague recommended me to Silhoutte after i signed up with BV..too late lor...:P

yes yes..that tiger is the same tiger here... hehehe..i'm not that active in SporeBri***.. :unsure:

Hey tiger! So that tiger in SporeBri*** was you lah!! ha ha ha ... oh so you have signed up with BV liao? Do share with me our 'encounters' with Michelle after your 1st appointment ya ;)

btw, I've engaged Lim Ching of In'Vogue studio for my pre-wedding PS. Who did you sign up with for you PS??

chooz, will share with you after my 1st appt. But should be during May, wait until neck also long liow..hehehe

syuen, have u decided on ur MUA and wedding favors?

Me still in dilemma... thinking of giving rose bud tea as wedding favors.. hahaha.. do u think is funny?

hi tiger, haha i have yet to decide on my MUA...sigh.....have you? and as for favors, that's another headache....ding dong ding dong back and forth. still can't decide.

but i think there's more stuff in s'pore to look at for favors. more variety. my cousin will pass me some bridal magazines from singapore to have a look.

as for rosebud tea...that's a good idea i think...unless some of the aunty aunty won't know what it is and think it's potpourri. how much does the rosebud tea cost?