Diana

Flower Drum dinner was awful!

melanieee,

Not a problem! Always here to help! Anyway sad to say my cousin didn't serve any wine during his wedding so I don't know if they serve it in normal glasses or in a wine glass. But u'd think that they will. However it's always god to clarify it with them.

Hi melanieee,

we are in same boat ...

well, i've gone through the food tasting last month in May 2009...everything was good ..

now i'm so worried.... what can i do.

bbsan,

Well maybe the chef for that night didn't have the mood to cook? There can be many reasons. You can't really control the food much since on the day of your food tasting it was alright. But other things like the PA system and lighting that can definitely be prevented. Maybe go for a rehearsal or try out their system. If you're not satisfied then rent a system lor if you think it's good enough then let it be.

bbsan,

Well maybe the chef for that night didn't have the mood to cook? There can be many reasons. You can't really control the food much since on the day of your food tasting it was alright. But other things like the PA system and lighting that can definitely be prevented. Maybe go for a rehearsal or try out their system. If you're not satisfied then rent a system lor if you think it's good enough then let it be.

Hi Diana,

Thanks for your value comments here! i'll take note and make sure i ask what they can improve and what we can do from our part. Because on that day, our sisters/brothers will help out with all these things. really cross the finger everything goes smooth ...

i hope flower drum can improve from now.... really wish they know many ppl are comments their quality drops.

bbsan,

yea, we are on same boat. I have actually email tt group and hopefully they are aware of this and do something about it.

After all i think beside talking to the restaurant, we should also alert the management of marketing ppl in the company.

I sincerely hope they will do something about it since my wedding is year end...

crossing fingers...

sob sob... its sad... coz even now i wanna change venue also too late already...

bbsan,

yea, we are on same boat. I have actually email tt group and hopefully they are aware of this and do something about it.

After all i think beside talking to the restaurant, we should also alert the management of marketing ppl in the company.

I sincerely hope they will do something about it since my wedding is year end...

crossing fingers...

sob sob... its sad... coz even now i wanna change venue also too late already...

Hi melanieee, yes... mine is 04 Oct 2009. I will sure do something on it , to alert the management and make sure my brothers/sisters are "da seng sup yi fen jing shen" on the day. because this is the only day, can't afford to have such mistake and bad quality of services.... moreover, after the event complain also no use laa..

best of luck to all of us who appointed AD @ flower drum !!!!

bbsan,

crossing fingers...

Hi melanieee, yes... mine is 04 Oct 2009. I will sure do something on it , to alert the management and make sure my brothers/sisters are "da seng sup yi fen jing shen" on the day. because this is the only day, can't afford to have such mistake and bad quality of services.... moreover, after the event complain also no use laa..

best of luck to all of us who appointed AD @ flower drum !!!!

hey bbsan,

I actually wrote in a feedback to taithong group and alert them about this Yesterday,

To my suprised i received call from flowerdrum manager agnes this noon, she mentioned that they are doing something on it to improve on the sounds system. And also they are changing a new chef (not sure how true it is...)

oh ya, they do not serve wine w wine glass, but they do have contact for rent the wine glass.

Will pay them a visit with my mother in law maybe 2 weeks after this, will keep u update on latest info. Keep in touch ya!

It's good to know that they're doing something about the complaints. Hope all goes well for your AD!

Hi Melanieee

Thanks you for initiated a call to flower drum, at least they are aware guests are commented on their quality, no doubt they must do somethings to bring back the biz and confidence from public. :)

I'll probably go on the weekend for a visit . :) i'm staying near by..

Thanks you again. :)

Hello melanieee and bbsan,

I'm another passenger on your boat~ :lol:

To make things tougher, I'm located oversea and have no idea on how the restaurant is like.

How's the coordination with the restaurant you girls had so far? Are they promising any improvement or changes with regards to the matters? :unsure:

I'm having my wedding dinner on 22 Nov 2009. Hopefully they'll have enough time to change and improve :wacko:

hi all,

fyi, i've visited this page b4 & thought that the service, food, etc was awful as what was mentioned... but to my surpise, it turned out OK when i attended my colleagues wedding lunch reception @flwr drum on oct 4. the service was ok. wasnt as bad as i've had with overseas rest. or jaya palace. the food tastes average but wasnt bad, probly it was a lunch reception, i guess they served quite on time coz by 3pm, evrything was done. (they started late also, around 1pm)...

so melaniee, & all.. i guess u all dont worry too much ya...

a quick update, they are now serve wine with wine glass but only 200 of them if i m not mistaken.

As for the food, I m really not sure but i knw they change chef according to the manager agnes.

chair cover is a lil old, especially the vip table's cloth -_-

look like washed many time and the color faded, as for the main table chair, they use those frm downstair the fine dining part.

It look alrite to me but my mother in law doesnt like, they are taking time to improve things maybe bcoz i m very fussy customer :p

I m glad the effort is there, so i guess... overall i m pretty happy.

Now jst pray hard for my wedding day, hope everything is gonna be fine.

Eaumelon, thank u so much, i felt better after reading ur msg ^^

Hi everyone,

Although this topic has not been active, but i think it's appropriate for me to put in my review on Flower Drum, rather than start a new thread.

I attended my cousin's wedding dinner at Flower Drum last night, the place looks nice at first. Let me list down the things me and a few people noticed.

1. Seat covers were old and crumpled and some with stains, but the VIP table had really nice ones.

2. The music was too loud.

3. They do still manually shine the spotlight on the couple when they are walking in. Problem is, they focus on those walking in front only, while those marching in behind will be left in the dark.

4. They don't serve wine in wine glass, but normal chinese tea glasses. Just an observation.

5. They have younger waiter and waitresses now. But i noticed a young waiter being scolded by the older veteran waiter a few times.

6. The food was so-so (the day before i had a wedding luncheon at Moon Palace, The Mines. the food was awesome! hard not to compare). Most disappointing was the fried rice in lotus leaf (hor yip fan). After i took a spoonful of the rice, i knew immediately that it had gone bad! The others at my table agreed, and so we informed the captain. At first, he took away the rice, only to return with it to say that it's suppose to taste like that!!!! We told him to take away the rice as we don't want it anymore. Later, he returned with a brand new plate for us, and told us that actually the problem was the leaf that made the rice go bad.

What the heck!!! First he says it was suppose to be like that, and then turn around and say it was the leaf?? What would happened if we had continued eating the rice?

At the end of the dinner, even the groom's parents were complaining about the rice to the manager. So we weren't the only one.

7. We were sitting right next to the table where they placed all their liquors. :tongue: So we could clearly see what the waiters/waitresses were doing. When the dinner was ending, we noticed that they were pouring a full cup of brandy, and then taking the full cup into the kitchen! We then started observing closer. We saw another waitress emptying a bottle of brandy into a chinese tea glass. Then she continued with her job of clearing cups away, pouring wine back into the bottles..etc. And then she took the full glass of brandy to the side. My friend confronted her and immediately notified the manager. The waiter/waitress were stealing brandy! Imagine that. The manager could still ask us why we didn't tell him when we saw the first incident happen!! Gosh, it's our fault now???

This is based on my experience there, and not to damage the name of the restaurant. Hopefully the restaurant will take corrective measures for all that has happened. And to those who are having their wedding lunch or dinner there, please take note and do not let these happen.

Hot-choc, if you attended it last night, then it should be the wedding receptiong of Pxxxx & Lxxx? Hehe, I was the photographer.

Hi everyone,

Although this topic has not been active, but i think it's appropriate for me to put in my review on Flower Drum, rather than start a new thread.

I attended my cousin's wedding dinner at Flower Drum last night, the place looks nice at first. Let me list down the things me and a few people noticed.

1. Seat covers were old and crumpled and some with stains, but the VIP table had really nice ones.

2. The music was too loud.

3. They do still manually shine the spotlight on the couple when they are walking in. Problem is, they focus on those walking in front only, while those marching in behind will be left in the dark.

4. They don't serve wine in wine glass, but normal chinese tea glasses. Just an observation.

5. They have younger waiter and waitresses now. But i noticed a young waiter being scolded by the older veteran waiter a few times.

6. The food was so-so (the day before i had a wedding luncheon at Moon Palace, The Mines. the food was awesome! hard not to compare). Most disappointing was the fried rice in lotus leaf (hor yip fan). After i took a spoonful of the rice, i knew immediately that it had gone bad! The others at my table agreed, and so we informed the captain. At first, he took away the rice, only to return with it to say that it's suppose to taste like that!!!! We told him to take away the rice as we don't want it anymore. Later, he returned with a brand new plate for us, and told us that actually the problem was the leaf that made the rice go bad.

What the heck!!! First he says it was suppose to be like that, and then turn around and say it was the leaf?? What would happened if we had continued eating the rice?

At the end of the dinner, even the groom's parents were complaining about the rice to the manager. So we weren't the only one.

7. We were sitting right next to the table where they placed all their liquors. :tongue: So we could clearly see what the waiters/waitresses were doing. When the dinner was ending, we noticed that they were pouring a full cup of brandy, and then taking the full cup into the kitchen! We then started observing closer. We saw another waitress emptying a bottle of brandy into a chinese tea glass. Then she continued with her job of clearing cups away, pouring wine back into the bottles..etc. And then she took the full glass of brandy to the side. My friend confronted her and immediately notified the manager. The waiter/waitress were stealing brandy! Imagine that. The manager could still ask us why we didn't tell him when we saw the first incident happen!! Gosh, it's our fault now???

This is based on my experience there, and not to damage the name of the restaurant. Hopefully the restaurant will take corrective measures for all that has happened. And to those who are having their wedding lunch or dinner there, please take note and do not let these happen.

Hot-choc, if you attended it last night, then it should be the wedding receptiong of Patxxxx & LaxPxxx? Hehe, I was the photographer.

Hey JohnPoh,

I'm sure you'll understand if i don't want to reveal any names here. Wouldn't want to cause any distress to the bride & groom. :happy:

Overall, the wedding i attended was ok. Just giving my 2 cents and hopefully those who are having their reception there will take note.

I think liquor stealing is quite common, just need to be more vigilant to curb this from happening.

I visited Flower Drum and found the place to be ok, with ample parking and okay props. But am surely not aware of its internal issues. Thanks for highlighting this!

Well,

I just finished my wedding reception at this so called "5 star restaurant" but result turn worst than "2 star restaurant" or any of the hawker stalls!!

A Few hightlights to share during my reception:

Food:

1. Shark Fin - 2 tables found cocroach parts in the bowl, manager replace instantly but what's the point? Coz all came from a large bowl inside the kitchen.

2. Shrimp - We change from chili prawn to salted prawn earlier so that children and elderly can eat, but the prawn turn out extremely salty with FOC SALT in & out of shrimp.

3. Scallop - Suppose to be 12 scallop per table but turn out 4-5 scallop per table with 70% onions as cover, and Chef claim with 100% guarantee that has allocated accordingly, so shall I blame the waiter/ waitress/ restaurant mgr on delivering process???

4. Roasted Pig- Some found not well-cook, and some overcook like chewing gum + Cold.

5. Uneven food portion - Some table with 7 guest find the food was just enough to eat, some table with 10 guest can't finish all the food.

6. 2 tables leave behind without serving first dishes while others table serving Shark Fin, and mgr claims that the waiter fall in the kitchen and need to re-cook again.

Service:

1. Waitress - Part timer with no experiences, pour out some fish sauce on table.

2. Dishes are not served in sequence, guest waited so long for the next dish to be served.

Environment:

1. 2 closed friend of mine saw tiny mice in the ceiling lamp, but they didn't speak out during event to avoid any uncertainties.

2. 1 relative table found cocroach eggs on plate when they change the dish plate.

3. Table cloth, red carpet, backdrop - Old fashion, dirty.

4. Sound System - sucks.

Worst part is 30% of my guest went diarrhea in midnight - next day. My husband has lodge a report to Ministry of Health on this as it seriously effect on people's health. My granpa is at age 80+ and imagine he might admit to hospital if situation turns critical and worst come to worst you'll can imagine, then who shall I blame on this issue. 60% of my guest was from outstation/ overseas, and they travel/ fly all they way to celebrate with us but try to imagine we're serving "Sucks" food and service to them, and some even have diarrhea problem on their way back.

We booked RM900 per table but things turn sucks for whole event, I wonder what will happen for those who booked RM700* & RM800* dinner set.

For those who booked with this venue, god bless you. For those who's gonna plan their wedding reception, pls take your own risk and make sure you re-consider this.

I've printed out a comment last year and show to the Restaurant Asst. Mgr earlier this year to ensure my wedding reception will turn good with improvement. But things did not turn better but EVEN WORST as I can say!!

My pre-wedding is 80% a success completion but this flower drum turns the remaining 20% into rubbish, all our friends & relatives only point out the issues to us on the next day as we're all busy on that night to avoid unhappy, arguement during event. We've complaint this whole thing to the Restaurant Mgr but she just appologies on whole issue, stupid us shall take photo as evidence or keep the balance 50% to ensure there's no diarrhea casses after event as ppl saw cocroach earlier and the food must be not clean.

Anyway, thing's over and here's just a sharing to all of you out there who're looking at this msg.

Thanks.

Yes May be, there chef has changed. Bcoz in my wedding the food was superb. But some time before when i went for the friends wedding there that time, food was just yak.... :wacko3: :sauer2:

fyi...I was there as guest last month. the sound system is still horrible. In fact...it is the very same horrible sound system! Nothing changed. So dont believe what anyone there tells you about them improving their sound system.

I am not joking. If you dont believe me...go hear for yourself!

Hi,

I am considering Royal China for my wedding on 19 Jan 2014. I read from online that Royal China has been move to Bkt Bintang. May i know the comment from BellSa and hot-choc are referring their previous location in Jln Ampang? Have anyone been to any wedding at Royal China Bkt Bintang recently? i need to pay my deposit by this sat. So i need to decide whether they have improved. Appreciate your help here.

Hi merry, not sure whether u have paid deposit or not, hope may help a bit.

I attended a friend's wedding in last January. The food is so so. My friend order 888 that package.

I do think the environment is ok. However, when I was sitting at the reception, the mosquitoes keep on biting us. All ji mui's leg and hand were with red spot. So itchy.

Is this restaurant your only choice?