jo liew

Passion Road, Jln Yap Kwan Seng

Hi Terry, I had Western flavours but is buffet. Everyone love the food because it's really good, especially the mushroom soup. I was considering to have set menu before but read from a blog saying that the serving isn't so efficient plus it's a bit cold. So I am sure that this problem won't happen if I take buffet

Hi Terry, I had Western flavours but is buffet. Everyone love the food because it's really good, especially the mushroom soup. I was considering to have set menu before but read from a blog saying that the serving isn't so efficient plus it's a bit cold. So I am sure that this problem won't happen if I take buffet

Yup was thinking for buffet but received comment from my frenz n colleague especially girl very shy to take foods. I got 80paxs, how you arrange table for your guest till you still got space for dance floor? The love that hang at the tree look great...we need to top up for that? Expensive? i abit run of budget now...

none of my guest are shy to line up for food, that's not true. If u asked me also I will say that I won't be shy. For the pomander hanging behind the main table, yes, i top up for that, plus the two floral standee near entrance, love ornaments to be hang on the tree, floral arrangement for reception table. not cheap... 4 figures.

it is not a problem at all to have a dance floor if u hv only 80 pax. i can email u my floor plan if u want. are u having any projector?

none of my guest are shy to line up for food, that's not true. If u asked me also I will say that I won't be shy. For the pomander hanging behind the main table, yes, i top up for that, plus the two floral standee near entrance, love ornaments to be hang on the tree, floral arrangement for reception table. not cheap... 4 figures.

it is not a problem at all to have a dance floor if u hv only 80 pax. i can email u my floor plan if u want. are u having any projector?

Hi Jo

Do you mind sending me your floor plan too? Thanks!

reese.ong@gmail.com

Hi

That would be great of you. At least i got an idea how to set my table. My email would be foongching12@yahoo.com . About projector, i need to sort out where to rent or borrow it as they supply the screen only.

You got any cocktail session? If yes any idea of the fingerfood?

Hi Terry,

I will email the floor plan to you latest by tonight.

Re the projector, I would suggest you to get Passion Rd to arrange it for you, together with the PA system. So in case if there is technical problem, you can still get them to sort it out.

My cocktail started at 6pm, but most of the guest only start coming in when it's close to 7pm, even though it's written on the card the cocktail starts at 6pm and dinner would be at 7.15pm. Luckily we only served welcome drink, else the finger food would be wasted. So I dun thk it's necessary to have fingerfood. By the way, I checked with Passion Road before and they are unable to cater for it as well.

Re the menu, forgot to tell you that it can be more hassle if you go for table d'hote. Reason being is first, if you only give 1 choice of main course, certain guest may come and complaint that they dun eat chicken lah, this and that. So hard to please everyone. People will then start talk bad bout your wedding dinner n etc...

Secondly, if you decided to gv diff choices, you'll hv to call one by one for RSVP and take their order so the restaurant can prepare the food accordingly. Calling your guest for RSVP on their choice of menu can be stress already, which is unnecessary. Certain guest might not be understanding as well, tends to change their mind from time to time. Don't be surprise if two days before your big day, someone call and say 'oh, i want to change from chicken to fish'.

Thirdly, by knowing the typical Malaysian, RSVP means nothing. Some people who say confirm coming might not be appear at all then those who say cannot make it might suddenly appear. Then you'll be having another headache on how to settle their main course.

Lastly, in order for the waiter to serve the main course accordingly, you'll have to prepare a small card stating is it chicken / fish / beef or etc... another extra job.

So as a conclusion, I suggest you to go for buffet instead unless if you really dun mind to be stress prior to your wedding day. Cheers...

Jo Liew

Received with thanks.

Will discuss with my FH about the buffet and table d'hote again.

As u said i don't want to headache when time come...

Thanks for the great idea.

hi there, im new here. im planning to hv a garden wedding, bur still dont have any venue yet. can u kindly email me the quotation for the Passion road as above? Thanks - laundry_5@yahoo.co.uk

jo, the deco is so beautiful! Love the bold colours of pink and black :wub:

Could you share your quotation with me please? :smile:

jessica, can I have your quotation too please? :smile:

And to both of you, was the venue hot and full of mosquito?

I really would love a garden wedding but FH hates heat and humidity and mosquitos :dash2:

For buffet, is it true that if I have 300pax, I might just need to pay for maybe 270pax or something? So can save cost? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

jo, the deco is so beautiful! Love the bold colours of pink and black :wub:

Could you share your quotation with me please? :smile:

jessica, can I have your quotation too please? :smile:

And to both of you, was the venue hot and full of mosquito?

I really would love a garden wedding but FH hates heat and humidity and mosquitos :dash2:

For buffet, is it true that if I have 300pax, I might just need to pay for maybe 270pax or something? So can save cost? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Hi cherrystar,

I am so paiseh to share my quotation bcos as per the PIC, so far im the first bride who topped up so much on the menu, in other words, mine is the most expensive one. besides, i also top up for the flower ball, registration table's table centerpiece, two flower standees along the entrance.

And yes, the venue was hot and got mosquito too. garden wedding is always like this one. as for the food, i remember the PIC told me b4 tat the allowance of up to 10pax is ok, else it won't be enough

Hi Jo!

Haha no need paiseh ler... if you can afford it, why not, it's your choice to make yourself a super happy bride!! :biggrin:

Actually who was your decorator? And how much to top up for flower ball? They are so pretty! :wub:

Woah hot and mosquito but nobody complain? And you never even complain.. you must be a very easygoing bride! :rolleyes:

I thought of renting their outdoor space for my wedding ceremony (only), they quoted me RM5k! And it's not including food also.. I asked for simple refreshment, they say they can't provide, ask me to take the hi-tea menu which is like RM60/pax! :dash2: Some more rental per chair is RM10. How to afford lahhh :bye:

Hi Jo Liew,

I will be having my wedding at Passion Road this October :). Can share your sitting layout plan with me? My e-mail elyssa_ngpp@yahoo.com. Thanks :)

Hi Terry,

I will email the floor plan to you latest by tonight.

Re the projector, I would suggest you to get Passion Rd to arrange it for you, together with the PA system. So in case if there is technical problem, you can still get them to sort it out.

My cocktail started at 6pm, but most of the guest only start coming in when it's close to 7pm, even though it's written on the card the cocktail starts at 6pm and dinner would be at 7.15pm. Luckily we only served welcome drink, else the finger food would be wasted. So I dun thk it's necessary to have fingerfood. By the way, I checked with Passion Road before and they are unable to cater for it as well.

Re the menu, forgot to tell you that it can be more hassle if you go for table d'hote. Reason being is first, if you only give 1 choice of main course, certain guest may come and complaint that they dun eat chicken lah, this and that. So hard to please everyone. People will then start talk bad bout your wedding dinner n etc...

Secondly, if you decided to gv diff choices, you'll hv to call one by one for RSVP and take their order so the restaurant can prepare the food accordingly. Calling your guest for RSVP on their choice of menu can be stress already, which is unnecessary. Certain guest might not be understanding as well, tends to change their mind from time to time. Don't be surprise if two days before your big day, someone call and say 'oh, i want to change from chicken to fish'.

Thirdly, by knowing the typical Malaysian, RSVP means nothing. Some people who say confirm coming might not be appear at all then those who say cannot make it might suddenly appear. Then you'll be having another headache on how to settle their main course.

Lastly, in order for the waiter to serve the main course accordingly, you'll have to prepare a small card stating is it chicken / fish / beef or etc... another extra job.

So as a conclusion, I suggest you to go for buffet instead unless if you really dun mind to be stress prior to your wedding day. Cheers...

hi all,

thinking about having my reception at passion road..just absolutely love the place..

but b4 agreeing to anything, would like to know whether some items like corkage,decor,and food selection is nego?

will really appreciate quotations/info to have a heads up.

thx for the help.am forever grateful

ganesh_kts@yahoo.com

hi jo ,

saw yr nice decor at passion road, juz wondering how much u top up ?

mind to share with me yr floor plan , coz mine is Nov tis year.

saw y photo really make me so excited ..hehe :tongue:

hyleow@hotmail.com

thks!

Just to share with everyone on some of the photos taken during my wedding reception at Passion Rd held last mth

4715908375_85958cf47d_b.jpg

4715910529_e4ac340602_b.jpg

4715911359_ab415169a9_b.jpg

4716555524_4264498058_b.jpg

4716559510_abd412b030_b.jpg

4715920827_3e8a4fa721_b.jpg

4715921941_3859b3e61d_b.jpg

4715922967_9e2b3f2ba0_b.jpg

4715923771_dd6e0b9079_b.jpg

That's really nice! I wan to have wedding at passion road too la :)

The venue is so nice, i'm helping my brother to look for wedding venue,

do you mind share with me the rate for the whole package or meals for wedding ? they serve set or buffet ?

Please email to me at kelvin5717@gmail.com as their wedding date is on 7 november