ceetee

Vaccuum Robot

If u r from Kuching I dont mind to bring my china made robot to ur house for demo... I'm not selling it anyway... hahahaa....

Hahaha... what a coincidence.

Unfortunately, I just received email from the supplier that he will help me to send back my robot to china manufacturer for checking/repair. Think I'll send it by Monday, so can't arrange for demo to you liao... anyway... u can PM me ur contact number, and when I got back my robot will let u know again. :)

I bought from lelong.com (http://www.lelong.com.my/robot-vacuum-cleaner-virtual-wall-charging-station-58302833-2011-04-Sale-P.htm). Exactly the same price: RM666 including postage.

Considered the cheapest robot vacuum cleaner that available in market now I think. Last month did saw another brand sell by a shop at Kuching, which is about RM5xx, but that one is without Charging Station, Virtual Wall and Remote Control if not mistaken. So, this one at RM666 complete with everything still more worth. :p

Another reason I bought from this seller is because this seller is from Kuching also, so easy for me to send for service/warranty claim.

Roger,

The price looks okie ya .. mmm .. alright .. let me talk to my HB again and see what he says =)

So the seller that you deal with is also from Kuching ah .. hehehe then is easy for you to claim (if) any 'damage' to the machine that you bought. =)

I saw one at Home & Living .. O.o RM1.5k and still stated 'promotion rate' I was wondering is that the 'demo' set which looks very very old >.< and where do you see the RM500+ machine? my colleague told me there is another shop at Jln Song area but I haven't try to look for that shop.

Even seller is from Kuching, the seller also need to send back to China manufacturer, think should took a long long time for the item to return... :(

The RM500+ I saw the advertisment on newspaper last month. Think the shop selling it is 黄善合 (if not mistaken) located somewhere 4th or 5th mile area. Yes, this shop is mainly selling all sort of flower pots, maybe it just want to earn extra from other line of business.

ahh .. true true .. guess that will take months for them to return ah.

ahh which pottery the one on our way to 7th mile or the opposite one? so many pottery shop there until I get confused =P

BG, you can call them up to ask if they can come your house at Kuching for demo, maybe they have dealer shop there. I called them up few weeks ago and they asked if I want a home demo. I didn't know got such thing, so of course I agreed to it, and someone came to demo it to me last week. I really like it, I plan to schedule it to work every day, 1 day upstairs, 1 day downstairs. So my job is just to empty its interior few times a week, and bringing it up or down stairs everyday, shouldn't be too much work gua...I do have part time maid who comes in every Mon, but by Wed, I can see that house already very dusty. I wonder if this is because that house was just renovated 3mths ago. I really tak larat to go sweep and mop the whole house after work, it's so tiring, plus my gal is super sticky to me. I hardly can even wash plates in the kitchen la. The price is now rm2588 for the irobot model 581. Initially I felt it's high, but upon thinking that people spending rm2k-3k+ on iPhone, etc high-tech phones, but without demo at your house, so this price for the irobot is actually ok for me. And most importantly, it can help me on this big household chore, relieve me from tire and worry that the house is too dusty for us in the house, esp. I have sensitive nose, and when i see bb or hb sneeze often, I really worry about how dusty our house really is. But I am still considering and yet to call the person to order for 1, hehe..buying some time, to think think first.

One thing I dont like is that I can't let the robot working while not at home, because my alarm motion sensor seemed detected it as intruder and trigger the alarm.

margarita,

Thanks thanks, I will find their number and call up, not sure they have any agent or dealer shop here. mmmm .. but no harm to call and find out =)

Roger,

If the robot cannot work along at home while we are not around then is kinda useless ya?

My purpose is (if I get one) to schedule the robot to work in the morning after we left the house, if the robot cannot work by itself then it is useless for me ah.

Roger, good point! I never thought of this at all. It's true, yes for sure the alarm will find the movement as intruder and keep ringing, that will cause a lot of problem. But for alarm, we can set it on or off from remote control evsen when we are at office or anywhere else, can this be done? so let's say we set the irobot to work everyday at 10am, so it'll work when we are at work. so we just make sure we turn the alarm on everyday after 12 or 1pm, so we can be sure the irobot has finished its work, and won't be going around the house? Can this be done? I have yet to install alarm, but will do so in few months time. Thanks for sharing..

Quite a troublesome here with the home alarm. I found out this problem when i scheduled the robot cleaning job at early morning. My alarm is triggered and wake me up at that time. That's why I found out the motion sensor actually treat it as intruder... hahaha....

Normally I let the robot work during night time, so that I can switch on the alarm after the robot completed it job and back to charging.

If want to schedule cleaning during day time, only way to do is to disable the motion sensor during the robot working time, should able to solve the problem.

hi Roger n Beautiful Gown,

im using Picabot for almost one year... so far i dun have this problem, normally i let the robot to work while im not at home.

i thnk u shld do somethg wif ur alarm setting. jus my 2 cents

cheers....

Arh.... that's the one I mentioned which I saw it on newspaper.

The RV-8 model even only at RM599, but it does not have remote control, and think don't have charging station also. The RV-10 got both. But then realised that both models don't have Virtual Wall, which is used to block the robot from passing your predefined boundary.

Sweetie_Kua,

Maybe we just let it do the job while we are around or during lunch time since HB will owes go home during lunch hour.

How much you bought your picabot? how do you find its 'performance' okie?

Roger,

ahhh so that's the one you saw from newspaper.

mmm what is means by virtual wall from passing from predefined boundary?

if they can arrange a house-demo then I wanna take a look =)

ahh went to picabot website and saw they have dealer in kuching =)

I will give them a call sometime next week and see whether can arrange any house-demo or not =)

The Virtual Wall is just to emit the infra-red signal on a straight line. The robot will detect this signal and so won't run passing that infra-red line. Useful when you dont want the robot to run over certain area.

Roger,

ahh i see .. okie got it =)

yesterday was too busy in office until I forgot to call the kuching's dealer/agent for house-demo, wonder do they provide such service?

BG,

i never encounter problem like this after using Pica for > 1yr.... but 1 thing i realise, the charging base has to be really placed on a flat surface in order for the robot to go 'home' for charging, or else it will slide away from its base.... and it does get noisier over time, but cleaning as good as when new.... i called up Corvan regarding the noise, the reason is those dust might have gone into the turbine when the filter wasn't changed after few sweeping... yes, i let the robot run few times b4 i clear the bin... is a bad practice as the dust might enter the turbine and cause imbalance, hence noisy... it's recommended to clear up the dust bin after 2 times usage. btw, the noise problem can be solved by sending the robot for servicing.... i dunno the charges, i can still bear with the noise....

my next project is to get i-roomba... (life with baby is so much occupied... have to leave those house chores to robot...) if can from the states since the price is so much diff if purchased here... anyone knows any good 'mopper' robot other than roomba?