bride

Wedding Dinner Venues @ Kuching

Hi there!

I'm holding a wedding here in S'pore & also one in Kuching.

I'm handling the S'pore dinner but the Kuching dinner is handle by my in-law side.

My hubby's family will be arriving next week for our ROM in S'pore, I will get from them the restaurant name that they had in mind for our wedding dinner and let you know. According to my in-laws, they had tried the food and gave good comments. But package or area wise I'm not too sure, coz me & my hubby hasn't been there yet.

Which part of Kuching are you from? My hubby's from Sinawan (wrong spelling, I think :) ) and my hubby bought a place at Batu Kawa 2yrs ago.

Hi all,

Need help.. Need suggestions for wedding dinner at kuching.. a very small cozy dinner since the actual ceremony and dinner will be at KL. Please help

Hi all,

Need help.. Need suggestions for wedding dinner at kuching.. a very small cozy dinner since the actual ceremony and dinner will be at KL. Please help

Hi Anny,

I'm also from Kuching. Like your case, i'm also looking into small and cozy + classy place for dinner. So far, i found that 'Meisan Szechuan Restaurant' in Holiday Inn is very classy. Price also not too expensive. If you have 10 tables, they will let you take the whole restaurant. Look at this:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/KCHMY/dining

For detailed info, can visit this website:

Hope all tiz helps! :)

Hi Anny,

I'm from Kuching. We are targeting "The Banquet" at 4th 1/2 mile. Place is nice, food not bad and price reasonable (to me). I have tasted their food, not too bad but I don't know the standard now. They have just opened in May (can't recall when but definately just open within this year).

You can drop by banquet to take a look .. I like the place. Although they told us that we can have 60 tables but the other day we went there, we don't think the place can have 60 tables. They also cater for outdoor style, try to check with them. Ahh .. too bad I don't have their number, the card is not with me.

They will provide free cocktail serving until 7pm before the dinner start, you can request for a bride-rest room if you need one, FOC for hall decor and invitation card and many more.

We get attracted by the free cocktail serving as we will have some foreigner guests, so cocktail serving will be good for them.

I hope my information can give you some idea. :)

Hi Anny,

I'm from Kuching. We are targeting "The Banquet" at 4th 1/2 mile. Place is nice, food not bad and price reasonable (to me). I have tasted their food, not too bad but I don't know the standard now. They have just opened in May (can't recall when but definately just open within this year).

You can drop by banquet to take a look .. I like the place. Although they told us that we can have 60 tables but the other day we went there, we don't think the place can have 60 tables. They also cater for outdoor style, try to check with them. Ahh .. too bad I don't have their number, the card is not with me.

They will provide free cocktail serving until 7pm before the dinner start, you can request for a bride-rest room if you need one, FOC for hall decor and invitation card and many more.

We get attracted by the free cocktail serving as we will have some foreigner guests, so cocktail serving will be good for them.

I hope my information can give you some idea. :)

H Beautiful gown, Hippo,

So great to know there are kuching ppl here. are both of you working at kuching? most of my frens are not in kuching and my only sibling is also here workig at KL; so toug time looking for someone to help me out.

Thank you so much for your ideas..

I've not heard of The Banquet though.. have not been back to kuching that often.. Do you happen to know if the food is halal and if they have a website.??

Wll be checking out on some of th ehotels there as well. Saw the package ffered by Merdeka Palace; only RM518.. if i'm not mistaken . so much cheaper than KL ;)

When are both of you having your wedding dinner at Kuching??

H Beautiful gown, Hippo,

So great to know there are kuching ppl here. are both of you working at kuching? most of my frens are not in kuching and my only sibling is also here workig at KL; so toug time looking for someone to help me out.

Thank you so much for your ideas..

I've not heard of The Banquet though.. have not been back to kuching that often.. Do you happen to know if the food is halal and if they have a website.??

Wll be checking out on some of th ehotels there as well. Saw the package ffered by Merdeka Palace; only RM518.. if i'm not mistaken . so much cheaper than KL ;)

When are both of you having your wedding dinner at Kuching??

Hi,

The Banquet just newly open .. mmm .. I'm not sure whether they have a website, I think not for the moment.

Halal? mmm .. I don't see any pork menu, so can it be considered as halal? They have a longue that is next to the restaurant. I never been there but my niece has been there once, she told me the atmosphere not bad.

Merdeka Palace with RM518 .. not bad, because if it is at Crown Plaza (previously known as Riverside Majestic Hotel), I heard is RM600 and above.

If you don't have many tables, my suggestion is go for a place which can provide good food. Another restaurant that I can introduce you is Mian Ann restaurant (a chinese restaurant), food not bad and price reasonable. Last year my friend just hold her wedding receiption there, one table for RM600+ .. really provide good food. Mian Ann is located at somewhere near to Petanak market, new shop lot.

Hope the infor can help you.

I haven't set my AD so .. everything just in plan. As for my wedding, most of the things almost done, now just need to have the date. :)

hi everyone,

i also jus recently became engaged... and also am one who has to plan a dinner in kuching, but i'm not from kuching, my partner is thou..

I've only been in kuching 1 time, so it would really help if you could give ideas on places that are classy and good food... otherwise would have to let the ILs choose the place... ahhh ... Price anything is ok...

Thanks

hi jojo11,

Restaurants in Kuching,

Lok Thian

Thian court

Ming ong

The Banquet

I-H'ng (i don't think people will use there unlessss .. all fully booked)

Li's garden (actually I short listed Banquet and Li's garden)

Hotels ..

Kuching Park

Hilton

Holiday

Merdeka Palace

Crown Plaza Hotel

Some are not so popular ..

So it depends on your budget and liking of your ILs, maybe you just let them to decide it :)

if anyone is looking at The Banquet, check this out: http://www.thebanquet.com.my

Ling, it's the same place as you are referring to rite? Unless there's 2 The Banquet... hehehe.. :lol: if this the place, wahhhhh very nice worr... too bad I don't have quota to have wedding dinner in Kuching... if not will surely consider here... looks very grand oo.... and their package also very enticing... hehehe.

wan yee,

yup ... that is The Banquet I'm referring to :)

I have dined there for 2 times, parents like the atmosphere and the food.

We will have our receiption there. They claimed that the hall can accommodate 60 tables, but I think 50 is just nice, or else it will be very crowded.

The package ranging from RM388 - RM688++

I guess we will take something in between the range. Tonight FH will attend a dinner receiption there, let him judges the food and service. :)

The place is nice without big pillars in between, that is the reason why we like it :) if you only have 10 tables, can consider their outdoor, also nice :)

Harlow dear Kuching girls,

Erm, i heard that Banquet's food is not that great. I had my dinner at Sarawak Club. Food and service is great. However, for a small cosy dinner, I personally recommend Hilton's Toh Yuen Restaurant. The ambience and decor is excellent! 100% absolutely perfect for a small cosy dinner with loved ones. Not sure about the food quality though......... You girls should personally visit the restaurant to appreciate its decor.

Good Luck and enjoy your wedding preparation! ^_^

Fellow Kuching-nite......

hi ssskinny,

I went to Banquet for few times, food is good (to me) but not sure to your taste.

Went to Sarawak club before, food + service is ok.

I don't really trust on hotel's food, sorry to say that. Environment is good but the food owes not as good as what they claimed for. Last year we are having our company's annual dinner at hilton, the food just so so.

hi ssskinny...

I love the butter prawns in sarawak club....

Is the ballroom in sarawak club nice? how many ppl did u fit? was the dinner good? What package did they give u?

when u are saying small dinner with loved ones.. how many tables do they limit? (in hilton)

my fh is kuching person... where as i've only been there once...

thanks..

jojo

Harlow dear Kuching girls,

Erm, i heard that Banquet's food is not that great. I had my dinner at Sarawak Club. Food and service is great. However, for a small cosy dinner, I personally recommend Hilton's Toh Yuen Restaurant. The ambience and decor is excellent! 100% absolutely perfect for a small cosy dinner with loved ones. Not sure about the food quality though......... You girls should personally visit the restaurant to appreciate its decor.

Good Luck and enjoy your wedding preparation! ^_^

Fellow Kuching-nite......

if only they dont mind the medan letak kereta..

I dont mind wearing cheongsam with hubby in vest eating crabs..prawns...sotongs....

So romantic lar!!! I dare say a table wont costs rm350 ler!! So wont be broke.. :P

Too bad..thats only a dream

Hello Jojo,

Yeah, Swak Club is famous for their Buttered Prawns. Good thing abt their ballroom is that it is newly renovated after the fire last yr. So chairs, carpets etc are all new. They quoted me a package of RM550 per table (drinks incl, gov tax excl) but my mum changed some part of the menu to reduce the cost by about RM50.... hahahahaha..... Can't really remember the exact number of tables that they can place into the ballroom. It's abt 25 tables if i remember correctly. (Pls call to verify). The captain gave perfect service as he entertained all my parents' whims (no matter how minor). We were given a REAL champagne for the toast session (FOC, on the house ^_^) instead of a typical sparkling juice served in other restaurants. That itself was a very pleasant surprise to us.

As for Toh Yuen, the maximum number of table they can cater is 17 only. There are 3 packages, ranging from RM600 plus to about RM750 (can't remember exact price :P) Ambience is excellent but the shape of the restaurant is kinda akward; certain tables might not be able to view the stage. This place is great for couples who place decor before food but not so great for couples whose parents place food before decor, if you get what i mean! ^_^

I have the prices for Toh Yuen Hilton, Swak Club, Meisan Holiday Inn & Lok Thian restaurant. However, these prices most prob are not applicable for this yr (2008) cause they 'naik harga' every single yr!

Genielee, I heard from my girlfriend that lots of restaurants charges more than RM350 now. Even Lok Thian's price is higher than that. Plus the fact that gold (916) price has gone past the RM100 mark, my advice to all you couples out there, DON'T delay your wedding any much longer! As it gets much more expensive every year, the gold you receive from your relatives get lighter every year! kakakakakak.....

ooo 25 tables... donno if my ils have tat few tables or not... otherwise wont mind having it there... heehhe (but i think that if their ballroom was big enough he's sisters would probably would have had it there already)

i heard that the oldest sister's wedding they had like 99 tables... sigh

how much was the quotes u got for Meisan Holiday Inn & Lok Thian restaurant? wow, got restaruant charge 350 rm or abit more per table ah? i think i probably be looking at like minimum 40tables.. (wat do u think? cos even thou my fh is the 3rd child he's the oldest son...).. i'll probably be budgeting mine about 600-900 per table..

thanks sskinny

jojo

jojo ..

if you want to accomodate 99 tables, crown plaza hotel is the choice, they have big hall with no pillars obstruction.

i had two wedding dinner there, frankly speaking .. the food just so so and portion wasn't that big :( it might be because of the package or others, am not sure .. two dinners all having the same problem :(

with your budget, you can have better food at restaurant rather than hotel but it still depending on your ILs and yours choice. :)

hmmmphhh,

If beautifulgown says that the food in crowne plaza hotel is so so only, why not you go for Lok Thian restaurant? They are famous for good food at very reasonable price. A very well-established restaurant. My parents had their wedding dinner there in 1978! kakakakakkaka....... And more importantly, they have a huge function hall in Crowne Square shopping centre ;)

Found their contact number on the net. Maybe you should give them a call?

Tel : 082-331310

Fax : 082-337736

btw, have you found your MUA in Kch?

mine probably about 40 tables ah... cos only one side ma... n i dont wan that hall... the toliets disgusting ah... (considering the first time i go to kuching i got to go to a wedding... hahaha) the food soso..

but i probably either book the banquet, lok thian or mayb one of the hotels...

nope, i havent found a mua or bs for AD in kuching yet.. would be there in 2 weeks time to see lor... i was thinking of getting a package for AD with bs then dont have to go finding mua, photographer and all...

but i dont mind if u wanna recommend any mua also. .hehehe...

thanks for ur recommendations ssskinny n beautifulgown.. hehehe

jojo

hmmmphhh,

If beautifulgown says that the food in crowne plaza hotel is so so only, why not you go for Lok Thian restaurant? They are famous for good food at very reasonable price. A very well-established restaurant. My parents had their wedding dinner there in 1978! kakakakakkaka....... And more importantly, they have a huge function hall in Crowne Square shopping centre ;)

Found their contact number on the net. Maybe you should give them a call?

Tel : 082-331310

Fax : 082-337736

btw, have you found your MUA in Kch?

dear jojo,

if just 40 tables, a lot of nice hotel restaurants or restaurants can accomodate that.

try their food before you make decision, make sure you go there to try the food rather than recommended from ppl, because diff ppl may have diff taste buds, so try the food first.

we have tried a lot of restaurant and so far only two restaurants are ok for us.