bride

Wedding Dinner Venues @ Kuching

so remember to try the food.

I will bring my parents alone for the food event, let them try the food and see their comments.

We don't want just hear what ppl said is good and bad, we want to be there and have their food, good or bad onli we will know.

ooo.. ya food important...

aloha ladies...

i'm from Kch too :P

i heard alot ppl said The Banquet is nice too and the price is reasonable... i'm oso still in the process of planning, havnt decide anything yet :unsure:

Hi gals,

I've also tentatviely booked The Banquet for my post-wedding celebration in Kuching! I'm from Kuching too.. :)

This week, my friend will be my representative to help me pay the booking fee! Since i have less than 10 tables, I've booked the VIP room which can accomodate 8 tables and that's exactly the number of tables that i want. I've been corresponding with the the Business Development Manager, Ms Danner Liew and she's quite accomodating with my requests.

We haven't make the tentative booking at Banquet, tot of going there again to try the food.

mmm .. Mother's day is soon, tot of inviting my parents to banquet again :P we went there last year, dad said the food is ok, I wanna try again. :)

We will about 40 tables and I keep that as a maximum amount but last night mum said she wants to add another table for her friends, ok la .. just hope will not over 40 tables.

Hi beautifulgown,

ooh..i tot you pay the booking fee already? Anyway, it's a good idea to go and taste the food again. I've never been there before.. Anyway, i've asked lotsa of people around me who are in Kuching about the food in The Banquet... 10 out of 10 says not as good as those restaurants under the Lok Thian Group! Just imagine how dissapointed I am. But later I pondered for a while and have decided to go ahead with my plan to booked The Banquet as i feel that taste is very subjective and it's my wedding. I stressed on overall ambience. As long as the food is not horrible, then should be ok! Just my two cents of worth..:)

hi hippo123,

My parents don't favour lok thian's food and they said Banquet is ok.

ya .. it is our wedding, our receiption we just make the decision. The ambience is good at least better than lot thian (shop house) or thian court (father hates that place :P)

I will arrange another 'food tasting' there before we place our booking. :)

I'm eyeing The Banquet's vip room too~~

but not sure the "room charge" together with the wedding package..

Mum wants Lok Thian's price quota..Aiyo~~~Hope TB beats LT!!

And Also 2nd choice-Holiday Inn's Mei San Szechuan Restaurant.

Hopefully the cost after tax will be below RM500/table..

Never never will wanna force myself to accept I'Hng!! If all fully booked, fine with me..Top Spot lor!!

hhaa!!

I don't think Mei San Szechuan will less than RM500, I doubt that.

I'm eyeing The Banquet's vip room too~~

but not sure the "room charge" together with the wedding package..

Mum wants Lok Thian's price quota..Aiyo~~~Hope TB beats LT!!

And Also 2nd choice-Holiday Inn's Mei San Szechuan Restaurant.

Hopefully the cost after tax will be below RM500/table..

Never never will wanna force myself to accept I'Hng!! If all fully booked, fine with me..Top Spot lor!!

hhaa!!

Got the price quotes from certain restaurants:

Lok Thian rm360,rm390,rm420.

soft drinks and tea rm20/table, towels rm3/table, peanuts rm3.00, corkage charge rm2.0

Chef's Special天厨 (parents' preference)

Rm418.95 nett ( GST, soft drink, tea, karaoke)

The Banquet..check website.

so which will you choose?

I wonder when Banquet will increase the price, since now everything is increased.

Got the price quotes from certain restaurants:

Lok Thian rm360,rm390,rm420.

soft drinks and tea rm20/table, towels rm3/table, peanuts rm3.00, corkage charge rm2.0

Chef's Special天厨 (parents' preference)

Rm418.95 nett ( GST, soft drink, tea, karaoke)

The Banquet..check website.

halo gals,

wanna ask, can we request for food tasting before placing the booking? or must pay deposit first then only can go for food tasting?

cing,

as my understand is, the food tasting only after you confirmed your booking.

have you short listed the restaurant or hotel? maybe can go there to have a small dinner with your parents?

I did that when we short listed Banquet, brought my parents there few round and each time we ordered different dishes and end up they like the roasted duck the most :)

hi beautifulgown,

Havent really shortlisted any, but my mum did name out few like banquet, sarawak club, lok thien..

Maybe will just ask these restaurant lor. I personally never go to banquet, but from the website the place looks stunning hor..make me attracted hihi

cing,

ic ic .. Sarawak Club's food is nice, lok thien also ok but it depends very much on the package, so far Kuching's people love to use Lok Thien and Thien Court, Thien Court has bigger venue and it is at Crown Square.

For Sarawak Club, so far I had 3 dinners there and this coming Thursday may having lunch at Sarawak Club since office has RM2k budget for 14 of us to spend on food and gifts! haahahha .. we want good food from Sarawak Club!

Banquet has good ambience and food was ok, thus HB decided the venue at Banquet. Good things for Banquet are new, big hall without pillars, glass windows, service kinda ok compared to just open :) and their toilet is real high class! haahahhaha Been there for 4 times after opened, so far parents have no bad comments :)

Actually before Banquet, I have short listed Li's Garden at Hock Lee centre, the ambience just so so but the food was good :) but the place is too small for 40 tables, alto they cater outside venue but HB scares the food may pre-cook then heat at the place, he doesn't like that arrangement.

i see i see,

I guess have to bring my family try the food on CNY. my sis used to have her wedding dinner at Thien Court. My parents quite satisfied, thats why also recomend me to go for that place. My mum personally said LokThien food nicer than Banquet. But i feel wanna try Banquet first, not cos the food, but cos the ambiance. i dun care much bout the food. On that day i guess i wont be eating much. So hopefully can change her mind this cny.hehe

cing,

ya .. bring them to try the food :)

for me .. Thien Court and Lok Thien's foods taste more stronger compared to Banquet which is 'lighter' but my parents like Banquet's sharp fin soup, the soup was nice and without too many starch compare to Thien Court or Lok Thien, the soup with a lot of starch then sharp fin was very little, I guess that depend very much on the package.

Ya you are right :) we may not have time to really sit down and enjoy the food. For the dinner, mostly are my friends and colleagues, as my parents don't want to invite tall heir friends and even I know all of their friends :lol: so in conclusion, I know all the guests :wub: unlike some wedding, they couple don't even know all their guests. :P

morning beautifulgown,

so nice..all the guests are those u know..then your dinner will be more personalized and fun lor. thats what i want also at the beginning. but well, my guests for dinner will mostly be parents relatives and friends whom mostly i dont know. my friends will be only around 5 tables the most, as most of them are outstation. at first i thought to have only small dinner with close friends and relatives, but my parents want to invite their friends. have to respect their opinion also. hehe

cing,

Ya I knew all of them and more personalised as you said :)

If just my friends and colleagues nearly 15 tables. haahahha .. HB says how come I have so many friends :lol: I told him, these are already filtered and I had more but some are lost contact, I don't know how to find them, otherwise is more than 15 tables. Partly because I invite their spouse thus is a lot :wub:

sometime we got no choice ya, have to respect their opinion. My parents' opinion is keep it as less as possible so save our $$ hehehe :P how nice ya.

beautifulgown,

wow..already filtered also still got 15 tables? wow so many frens...my frens all separate liao some dunno go where liao lorr..haha

yalo..have to respect their opinion. so i just let them decide how many tables they want for their friends lor..they hapi i hapi all hapi lor hehe

by the way, the banquet for example, the price rm438, not yet include tax, drinks, tissue, etc..right? after add all will become around how much ar?

cing,

I'm glad that my outstations friends are coming back :) that's their promise to me.

Some really don't know how to find them, even ask my friends around they also have no way to contact them.

Are you going to pay all the table? including your parents' share? We are paying the dinner and we give my parents unlimited number of tables but with 1 condition :P I wanna take back half angpow from their share to cover the dinner, mum says we can have all back :lol:

For Banquet, their wedding package is, drinks, tissue, etc all in, except beer or liquor. The tax is subject to 5% :wacko3: a lot ho! so if RM438 = RM459.90. I just log in Banquet website, their card's designs not bad ah. http://www.thebanquet.com.my/offer-menu/wedding-celebration/

wow...i just look through d websitei..din realise that they include deco of flower and the arch.nice..

the invi card design so modern one hor..nice.

hopefully it will beat others so tat my parents agree to held it here

but the cake is dummy 1..thien court is real 5 storey cake i think..

cing,

ya they do provide simple decor, and in fact their package not bad, quite similar to other restaurants.

ahh .. I don't think thien court is real cake, also dummy set. Few of my friends having their dinner at Lok Thien and Thien Court, they told me it is dummy set just for yi si cake cutting ceremony :P

if your parents wanna serve beer, I don't think they will like banquet, because banquet charge RM20 per carton (beer) free corkage for wine and liquor, I managed to get RM10 per carton but need to double confirm with the SA again. As for Thien Court and Lok Thien, they charge RM2 per table and of course it is cheaper.

Ling - Went to Banquet 2 weeks ago, the duck is yummy! I like their butter prawns too. So envy you la that your parents have that kinda mind set to invite less people the better! Like you mentioned, some of the people invited the couple might not even know.

cing - Me too! I might have around 5 - 6 tables also for me and my FH's friends!

juanil,

yaya .. beside the roasted duck the butter prawns also nice :) hehe .. I like their shark fin soup, not many starch and nice :)

My parents want us save $$, they said no need to have so many tables, they encourage us to have 20 tables. hahaha but is HB says wants more, otherwise I really just go for 20 tables, save $$ ba.