bride

Wedding Dinner Venues @ Kuching

halo beautifulgown

i see i see..so both banquet and lokthien give dummy cake only..haha.

I think we wont be having any beer or wine. so ok on that part.

how should i deal with banquet ar? what other things can ask from them? really blur on that part.

juanil: yaya..my MIL also said banquet butter prawn is very nice. i ll go back n try this cny. hihi

Ling,

Should try the shark fin's soup next time! But the butter prawns really yummy yummy!!

How I wish I can be like you, asking your parents regarding the angpao thingy... Coz I worry whether we can cover the cost. Me so stingy hor? So bad la me! :girl_devil: I don't even dare to mention about the pinkam whether my mum wanna request how much coz FH wanna budget. haiz...

cing,

Yeah, you should try their butter prawns!!!! :wub: Really yummy!!

So, have you decided your AD?

cing,

I think most restaurants or even hotels are provide dummy set, but you can check with them :)

If you don't serve beer or wine, then anywhere is ok for you, save corkage and alcohol drinks oh .. so envy lah, however we need to spend few K on that :dash2: luckily liquor and red wine already bought, now only left beer, HB says bought 30 boxes :rclxub: I wonder why need so many.

Ahh .. actually that day when I booked Banquet, I didn't negotiate much with the SA since we need the venue very much so we just booked without asking further :P

Those they provided already list down very clearly in their catalogue and also at their site. Oh ya, I did ask about menu, if I wanna change certain dish, they allowed but the most only two dishes.

Cing & Juanil,

My parents are very open and they want us to save $ thus they also never asking much from HB, they know we paid for everything and plus now house is ready, waiting for OP to collect the keys, we need $$ on the house too.

Actually mum was very conservative and she only asking for RM240 as pinkam! can you imagine that or not? haahahha .. she says she is not jual her daugther so RM240 just for yi si *faint* then HB says too little la, end up we agreed on RM3888 .. hahahaha my mum so funny lah. Then we ask her how many tables she wants, she says yi si yi si few enuf lah, since she cannot decide so we said let them invite whoever they want, we bear the cost but with one condition, we take back half of the angpow alto they said they will give us all angpows, HB feels not very nice lah, let them keep half of the angpows.

My parents really marrying me and not selling me :) I'm really appreciate that, as they never want to burden us in this wedding but I told them, I will give them a nice dinner and their guests :)

beautifulgown,

good to hear tat can change dish. my FH keep complaining that he dont like the tilapia fish. hahaha

we havent decide on the pingkam matter yet. in fact, havent decide on any of the financial matter yet. can onli discus on coming cny.

u have great parents oooh :wub:

Wow, Ling! Your mum really so good ler.... You are so lucky!!

Actually, me and my mum are like not that close but not my dad! Both my parents are like switching their position. I can talk anything to my dad buy too bad my dad won't have so much "say" in our family. I really don't dare to ask my mum about the pinkam and dinner cost thingy coz she's quite sensitive on that issue. Unlike my sister, my mum will probable listen to what she said since she's closer to her. Another thing is, my mum is easily influenced by my 2nd aunt and my 2nd aunt like to "38" in front of my mum some more. Like for example these things might come out from her mouth to my mum: "how much you wanna ask huh?", "walao! why you don't request this and that?", "why you don't invite who and who?" Haiz, really headache la me! That's why I'm so worry to face my family! And now only left 1month plus for me to discuss with my mum, that will be this coming CNY!

Juanil,

Yeah..our AD..actuali decided on 28Dec2009 liao. But last nite FIL say if can dun put year end..cos he be outstation due to his company closing case..

but my far far relatives from other country only can come on around that time cos school holidays. headache again lor..

28dec2009 is also our 8 year dating anniversary..so really hope can have it on that day.

juanil & cing,

I'm close to my parents and siblings, thus it is always easy for me to discuss and negotiate with them :)

I'm the youngest and also the last to get married, they are happy but at the same time they don't want us to spend too much on the wedding. Actually when I told them we will have 40 tables they all say huh? need that much meh? 20 tables enuf :lol: so funny lah.

Actually one of my aunties asked my mum how much she asks for pingkam? shud get at least RM9999 I was like :wacko: if RM9999 HB and I surely pokai lah. Then mum said, let them be la, they need money for house and wedding as they pay for everything then my aunty still tak puas hati oh, she says, they spent RM9999 for her son to marry the daugther-in-law, hehe my mum says different story la, so and so just need to spend that much oh, then the dinner is on the dad's account lagi, Ah Ling is different la, they pay everything ah, ai ya .. let them be la. :lol:

Even my parents also never care where's the venue, what's the menu, guess they trust us as I never disappointed them on food, always give them nice food with reasonable charge or within our budget.

Actually I want RM500+ menu but mum says too expensive lah :D boi tahan them. I'm ok with any food but not for my dad, so on that part we are yet to solve because if we want to change fish to better one, nid to tambah $$ but don't know how much lah.

Juanil,

Yeah..our AD..actuali decided on 28Dec2009 liao. But last nite FIL say if can dun put year end..cos he be outstation due to his company closing case..

but my far far relatives from other country only can come on around that time cos school holidays. headache again lor..

28dec2009 is also our 8 year dating anniversary..so really hope can have it on that day.

cing,

If it can be on your 8th anniversary, that will be great right? Actually me & FH at 1st choose 18/05/2010 as it's our 9th anniversary, but my mum said where got people getting married in May one, so end up we drop that idea.

juanil & cing,

I'm close to my parents and siblings, thus it is always easy for me to discuss and negotiate with them :)

I'm the youngest and also the last to get married, they are happy but at the same time they don't want us to spend too much on the wedding. Actually when I told them we will have 40 tables they all say huh? need that much meh? 20 tables enuf :lol: so funny lah.

Actually one of my aunties asked my mum how much she asks for pingkam? shud get at least RM9999 I was like :wacko: if RM9999 HB and I surely pokai lah. Then mum said, let them be la, they need money for house and wedding as they pay for everything then my aunty still tak puas hati oh, she says, they spent RM9999 for her son to marry the daugther-in-law, hehe my mum says different story la, so and so just need to spend that much oh, then the dinner is on the dad's account lagi, Ah Ling is different la, they pay everything ah, ai ya .. let them be la. :lol:

Even my parents also never care where's the venue, what's the menu, guess they trust us as I never disappointed them on food, always give them nice food with reasonable charge or within our budget.

Actually I want RM500+ menu but mum says too expensive lah :D boi tahan them. I'm ok with any food but not for my dad, so on that part we are yet to solve because if we want to change fish to better one, nid to tambah $ but don't know how much lah.

Ling,

How I wish my mum is not going to listen to my second aunt's words! Pray for me ya?

juanil,

May should be ok ah, as it is either February or March in Chinese calendar, 2010's CNY is falls on valentine's day. Try to tell your mum about it :)

Ya, we will pray for you :) I wonder why those 3 gu 6 poh loves to interferre people's matter ah and insist to listen to them, so 8 por la!

ling & cing,

Thanks heaps for the support! So touching... :blush: Anyway, we've chosen beginning of 2010. Hopefully this date can be confirmed this coming CNY! I also don't wanna make her unhappy. But tell you girls, I really so disappointed when my mum told me these:"I'm okay with your chosen date as long as your sis is okay with it." I was like, this is my wedding, why should I ask my sis's confirmation? Is it not that a wedding should be just about the couple? The couple's preference, the couple decision? Well, at last I still listen to what my mum requested just to make her happy and keep confirming with my only sis in New Zealand whether she can make it in February 2010.

Yeah, I really don't get the point why those busybody wanna interfere people's business. Not earning anything at all! Well, maybe that's just human nature of the 38!!

Juanil,

At first i also thought that wedding is only me n my fh business, so we are the 1 to decide and in charge of what we want to do. I was wrong.

I also just realized that wedding is actually 2 families' business. Sometimes even 3 gu 6 po is in the circle :wacko: .

Well dont wori much, of cos will have unhapi feeling when family dont agree with our choice (like me on the AD date thing) :huh: .

But important is you and ur hb relationship. Dont quarrel or be affected by these things ooh. Not worth it.

On ur mum and sis side, just try be patient and lenient on their request. If can accept, then accept. If cant, then voice out. Even if they bising bising,somehow when no choice they also will accept geh..so have fun ya. Got anything can share with us here. Even if we cant help much, at least got moral support.

Thats what i like about this forum. Wont feel like facing the problem alone. All ji mui will back you up :cheers:

juanil,

When you mum said as long as your sister is ok then she is ok, her intention is she wants your only sister will be able to attend your wedding since she is now in NZ, if she can come back for your wedding that will be more merry and I'm sure you also want your only sister be able to attend your wedding right? :)

sigh .. those 4 gu 6 por, bila they can diam diam ah!? some even during the AD also kepoh here and there .. ahh I saw once in my friend's wedding, that aunty of her .. I really boi tahan her :dash2: kepoh all the way until her HB has her to sit down and don't campur tangan, because one of the aunties from the groom side wasn't happy about her and can see the 'spark' is in the air, see .. why? why wanna be so kepoh??

They are not earning any single cent from being so keipoh but all spot lights are on them :P because they are too outstanding ah! :lol::lol::lol: really ah, that aunty of my friend really get all the attention and most people will remember her instead of the bride and groom. :lol::lol::lol:

cing & ling,

Thank you girls so much for supporting me morally ya? Really appreciate it. At the end I still follow what my mum said in order to make everyone happy. After all, wedding is a happy celebration and me & FH just want everybody to celebrate with us happily. :smile:

Yeah, they wanna be the spotlight of the day ma! Beh tahan hor? :sauer2: All we can do is just ignore them!

juanil,

Think positively :) our parents want us to have a happy marriage and everyone can attend our wedding to share our happiness :)

Same as my parents too, I know they hope my eldest brother in Miri can attend and bring his daugther - my niece over too but my other brothers told me, he may bring his wife too! :girl_devil::sauer2: I DON'T WANT TO SEE HER!!!!!! they try to calm me down and telling me, nevermind la, let her attends if she wants .. I say NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!! :sauer2::bruce::bruce::bruce::bruce: so end up my second brother says he will inform eldest brother, only him and the daugther can come as that woman, better don't nanti your youngest sister will :bruce::bruce::bruce::bruce:

Ling,

Thanks. I get what you mean and I'm fine with it.

How come? Do you mind to tell me why you don't want your SIL to attend your wedding? Sorry if I'm 38 here.

Cheers! :wink:

juanil & cing,

it is a long long long story! today is busy in office :)

I will come back to tell the story when I'm free.

Alto it happened so many years but I will NEVER EVER FORGIVE THEM.

Cing & Juanil,

Tomorrow I will be away to Phuket + KL and back to Kuching on 26th :) so let me tell you both the story.

My family and friends keep on asking me to forgive her, I just cannot la .. even after so many years I still cannot. HB also tried his best to persuade me to forgive her .. NO NO NO!!! ish .. I'm just too stubborn :lol:

It happened in year 2000 when I got Curtin offer and moving to Miri to start my new life and since my eldest brother in Miri, he suggested me to stay with him plus it is not too far from his house to Curtin.

We knew that woman is 'angin' type, a while ok, a while not ok, at first my parents not agree with that but my eldest brother was saying that everything will be ok, no worry, so ho lo.

So my second brother and mum accompany to Miri (since we are driving from Kuching to Miri), that woman seems to be ok then my mum even ask her, do you think she (me) living with you people is troublesome? if yes she can find a place to move out, that woman says no need, she is ok with that and promise my mum that everything will be ok.

Ah hem .. cut the story short ya! just 3 months later, that woman starts to naik angin again he was quarrel with my brother and he says you whole family is pig! dead people!! no one is GOOD PEOPLE including your mum also a big liar .. I was like huh? O.o fine .. I don't want care cos I know she is gila.

Then she says I'm useless stay at her house, that's her house and I'm just renting a room, I didn't pay rental, nor to help her to clean the house, I was like huh? renting a room? never clean the house?? then she says I cannot drink the water that she boilt, that's HERS! I cannot use the kitchen, that was HERS! wah!! then she says I cannot stay there and I need to leave immediately! waliu ... just be because she is quarrel with my brother and naik gila then I become the victim!? ok then I say why I must leave? Brother didn't ask me to leave, she says that her house .. then I call her Ah So .. you know what she answers me? she says she is not my Ah SO I marked her words! she is not my Ah So!!! so why I must call her Ah So anymore? and Why I want to see her face and welcome her to my wedding since she is nobody and why I must invite her? I don't even know her!!!! :sauer2:

Continue .. then the next day, she still boi song me and say Choo's Family is PIG! Boi Si Lang (not human) then start to scold and scold and says that what lecturer lo .. stupid and bloody hell job .. !^#(&(!&(@&! I kept quiet ok .. then she continue again then she says if you don't want leave the house, she runs to the back and get the screw driver wanna hit me .. waliu!!! that's serious liau!!! luckily I managed to hide myself behind my brother, enough liau la!!! I didn't do anything wrong oh, I stay at their house, I clean my room, clean the house once a week, as I'm working also ba, she regards me as her maid ah!? waliu!!! then say I didn't pay rental .. lagi worst, I didn't pay rental as my brother says no need but I did pay for the eletrical bill, especially the aircon bill, so what she wants??? waliuuu ..

Then brother quarrel with her again, I don't want to know I just go to upstairs then she still chase to upstairs oh .. she says, you better be careful .. your door cannot lock, tonight I will bring a knife to kill you! :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: if you were me, how would you react?? I quickly close the door and ya the door cannot lock, so I use the chair to tahan the door then call my sister.

When my sister asks me .. Ling how are you? I was none stop crying over the phone, she was shocked then I told her everything, she says ok you don't do anything let her calls brother. She calls my youngest brother in Kuching then I don't know what happened after that, all I know is my second brother calls me then he says everything is ok, don't worry, if I need I can move out immediately to another house but I told him I'm ok, I had contacted my uni's friends who rented a house and they still have a vacant room, that time mum wasn't know as none of them inform her but what they did is quickly get an air ticket and fly my mum to Miri as soon as possible, only then my mum just know what happened to me.

So the next day early in the morning I moved out from that HAUNTED HOUSE!!!!

Tell me, how can I forgive her? I never step on her tails, I seldom at home, even reach home already 8pm or 9pm because that time they arranged all night classes for me, even Saturday. I really seldom at home. I seldom see her face too as she always go to her bedroom early before 9pm.

Sigh .. sorry la, I will never forgive her. No one can persuade me, no one.

Ling,

So sorry to hear what had you faced. *hugs* How can she did this to you? Unbelievable! :ohmy: After all, your bro didn't say anything at all. And it's not wrong for his sis to stay with him when people ask her, she said she's fine. Now, terbalik pula!!

You've done your part staying in the house after all. If I were you, I won't forgive her as well... :girl_devil: l I know I am wrong here for not giving you advice to forgive her. Anyway Ling, just ignore that lady. She's the one denied the family 1st anyway, "what goes around, comes around"! So, even if you are not going to invite her to your wedding, serves her right!

Wow! Going Phuket wor.... must share your pics when come back ya? Enjoy yourself!