Diana

Lim Kok Wing University~DANGER‏

LOL I thought how can I not remember you when you remember me? Well explains it then. By the way we share the same surname :smile:

@Diana.....

why are trying to give Botswana a bad name....if u encountered bad experiences with one person don't take out on everyone.

1)the government of Botswana would not sponsor someone as old as 37 yrs, only those under 29yrs..most of the students range from 18 to 25

2)which means your story about your daughter's friend is fiction and fabricated.

3)as much as we are shocked by the way Malaysians dress, we dont judge them jst because we don't understand why they would just put anythng on no matter where they are going

4)we do not look them as people who do not like looking good.

5)African women like looking good....they like taking care of themselves its their culture...they are told a woman has to always look good.

6)if the heat is too much in the kitchen get out.....y inda world would a person send their children to Limkokwing and still complain about it.

7)live ur life and stop trying to get everyone on ur side to hate Batswanas.

8)its suprising someone as young as you are could still be embedded with racism...

9)what did they teach u in school...y ru nt open minded.......

10)stop trying to sabotage Botswana by spreading malaciuos lies about Botswana

11)u shud be ashamed of yourself

12) :angry: ...

13)get it through your thick skull that an African is as human as you are..and stop judging who are you to say they are bad....we do not no maybe the things you do are much worse.

NanaP,

If you read correctly, the mail was sent to me and it's not my friend's daughter plus I didn't say I Hate people from Botswana. I was just telling what had really happened and if you took out your anger and read really PROPERLY I mentioned that some Botswana students are good I didn't say ALL of them are bad. It's not me who is giving Botswana a bad name it's those minority students that did their name bad. Plus how'd I know how old are they?? I didn't mention anything about age here if you can see. I didn't even say African ladies don't like looking good. So stop putting words in my mouth. And if you can see clearly I wasn't the one talking about the girls doing what they do. For goodness sake get your facts right! Doesn't mean I started this topic that I am saying things that are bad about Botswana students... geez...

NanaP,

Are you a Malaysian? which I bet you are not.

This forwarded email has been around for many months, Diana is not the only person got it, me too! and I got it few times in my mailbox.

Whether the story is true or not I can tell you of what I heard is true, especially it came out from a police woman, do I need to doubt on that?

And similar case as in the email was heard too, by the way I don't know their country, are they Botswana? I don't know, it just that they look black to me.

Since you said they know how to carry themselves well in dressing up, then why they are wearing so sexy and expose? is that mean by carrying themselves well by dressing up like that? ahhhh .. I don't know how are you going to define it. And by the way, I saw it in my own eyes and not from third party's mouth, thank you.

Some of these foreign students just came for .. study? I doubt that. They escape/absent from classes from time to time, never turn up and give all sort of excuses! and again, I didn't put blame on them because I have experienced it, yes .. I have experienced it and I scolded one of them for giving me such a stupid excuse!

BG,

I think NanaP is also an African so maybe she didn't get the email circulation. Anyway African or Malaysian it doesn't really matter. We will always welcome them with open hands if they don't create trouble. I am not saying all will. We already have enough of our own people creating problems so we just don't want more.

Botswana is a country in Southern Africa. Sigh.. thank God you came in here to comment too LOL. Do me some justice! Akakak.. Anyway whether or not they dress sexily it's really up to them la I mean some of us Malaysians also do that. It really depends on them. It's their body so we have no rights to say they shouldn't dress in that way. Unless you know in some cases if a girl gets rape and she dresses sexily and walks out alone at night then of coz we can say that she brought it upon herself knowing security's bad nowadays and yet she is doing that.

I know NanaP is only trying to defend herself and her people but then her approach is wrong plus she didn't read properly. In fact I should reply her for her #9 statement about what did they teach me in school. If she means primary or secondary school then it obviously didn't teach us anything about dressing sexily and being open minded :tongue: and to #11, why should I be ashamed of myself when what I have said is true? There's nothing to be ashamed here. I can also say the Malaysians are also like that and I won't be ashamed about it of coz I won't be proud of it also but....Well obviously NanaP doesn't read the paper much since she doesn't know what has been going on in Malaysia. So therefore I must tell him/her that Malaysians are as bad as well but it's not all Malaysians same as what I've said about Batswanas - not all are bad but there are some who are.

Diana,

Me too, i do feel that NanaP is an African and from his/her post is quite insulting towards you, ish!! teruk this person.

I came in because I saw his/her post and if you notice it, this is his/her one and only post so far, that's mean she came in here because of this post, now I have another wonder, is this member from Lim Kok Wing? ahhh .. just guessing.

Yes, you are right! we have enuf our own malaysians created trouble/shit here and there and make our society so sick! and of course not all foreigners were like that but I'm sorry to say there's a group out there to create trouble and those foreigners are not just them but covered few countries including our neighbor (no nid for me to mention it =P)

Guess we just ignore him/her until s/he comes back to defend his/her post. =) Life still goes on! =D

BG,

Yeah I am also curious coz this is his/her only post plus she just joined yesterday itself! Whether or ot he/she is from LUCT I'm not bothered but then like u say la really teruk hehehe but of coz life still goes on! :cheers:

Diana,

yeah! :cheers: life still goes on. =P

we just wait and see when this person will come back again.

if this person wants me to testify it, I can .. haahahh I have many black students around and 6/10 are trouble makers!

Allow me to play the devil's advocate here. I didn't comment on this thread because I haven't experienced something similar to what Diana and the rest have outlined (I did not study in Malaysia) but I can certainly see where both sides are coming from.

The general fact is that racism exists in Malaysia - we see it everywhere. It may be more prevalent towards people who are darker skinned than us - I remember my own mother telling me not to even look at dark skinned people because they were 'bad'... and judging by the number of posts here which imply the same, I can only conclude that NanaP may have read this thread and taken offense because of the prejudice against people of her skin colour. Not only that, some other posts also put them in a negative light, making fun of their (male) anatomy, etc... I'm not surprised he/she reacted the way she did. Calling their people 'blackie' certainly is close to racism - it's the same as calling someone a Negro, Chink, slit-eyes, FOB, Paki, or similar. They are all racist names. Please try not to use them.

Having said that, I do agree that we are not talking about ALL Africans. Just as how we have good and bad apples in Malaysia, the same applies to Africans. Who knows what their dress standards may be... maybe they think dressing skimpily equates to looking nice? We're not brought up within their culture so we don't know.

In conclusion, NanaP's approach may be wrong in trying to defend her people, but she was only reacting to our posts which contain some elements of racism. Perhaps we can refrain from using derogatory terms, that might help?

NanaP, if you are still following this thread, we are not referring to all Africans, just some rotten apples out of the entire bunch. There's no need to respond the way you did.

DA, yup, I get that from my parents and not just with dark skinned people. In fact, my parents like to draw general conclusions about angmohs and so forth. Like how all angmohs are lazy because they don't believe in working OT and go on long vacations during summer, etc, etc. No offense to anyone here but I find those comments to be classic examples of ignorance at work.

The trouble with those labels - Chink, Paki and so forth - is that some people don't see it as racist (like my dad - he thinks that calling an Irish "paddy" or people calling me a Chink is okay and for laughs when in fact, I and my HB feel that it isn't appropriate at all). (Then again, my parents are quite racist despite them thinking otherwise.)

Here is some food for thought regarding dress standards & culture - the g-string bikini is a common swimwear style in Brazil. In fact, all the women flaunt their assets in such attire because in their culture, the body is nothing to be ashamed of (and by angmoh standards, it's quite revealing, mind you). In Malaysia, many people still wear the one-piece swimsuit, tankinis or "safe" bikinis. It's just a case of different culture, different standards - that's all.

Well I wasn't trying to be racist here hence I didn't mention any words like blackie, etc. I referred to them as Africans, Botswana students or Batswanas. I know a lot of people out there say that, however we can't stop them from saying it. I can definitely understand what NanaP has said and why he/she said it and as you said and I had earlier mentioned, to defend herself and her people. I am neither angry or annoyed at her post.

Mabel,

Alamak! U're still here! LOL How's bubs treating you??? STill getting those contractions???

I'm not racist, as long as you are good regardless you are white, tan or black but if you are bad, I'm sorry.

I must say I have good students with black skin color, very hardworking and serious with their study but sigh .. some are never turn up in classes, never submit assignments but came for exam, is that they think they can pass? gesss .. add more failure rate in my subject.

gess.. Mabel, you still around and I saw your status at FB too .. your princess still playing hide and seek with the daddy and mummy =P

*nods*

Well, racism goes both ways...not just black-white and all that. Internal "racism" is also exists - like how some Chinese feel that all Chinese should speak Mandarin and how some Malays feel that those who don't know how to speak Malay are not Melayu enough. Aiii...pening la all this.

Diana, yeah, still around and still getting contractions (but false labour la)...torture la waiting...but what to do - if she dunwan to come out, there is nothing I can do about it. :(

Ling, yeahlor, still waiting for her to show up. :P

Mabel,

Yeah yeah it's like how my cousin's gf commented on her blog that she thinks chinese who prefers to sing chinese songs in karaoke are ah lians / ah bengs :dry: Damn terasa LOL.. Anyway it's another week more! Hope lil Eva comes out on her EDD!! No more torture for you and you can soon see her!! :smile:

SUPRISED

the reason why i defended myself and my people the way i did..is because of ur approach to the whole situation..u made it sound like all Batswanas and africans are bad and people should stay away from them...im suprised u think my approach is wrong...when u urself wrote the way you did and everybody kept coming with up all this stories and calling names like negros and blackies at this day and age, to me it totaly sounded lyk someone who is not open minded at all...its lyk u stuck in this fantasy world where everythng is suposd 2go right. mind u there is a world out there outside malaysia and its totaly diffrent from the way you live ur lyf ...Darling Angel i get what u r saying and you are 100% correct...and im nt suprisd by all the bad stories and the way most people here tainted black people....i understand people lyk dis exist and i dont blame them for being the way they are..i jst hope someday they will get to feel the hatred and racist attacks i felt reading all of this....

and yes i am a motswana student 20yrs old....and yes i wear everythng that will make me look sexy..u don have to lyk it.....im confident bout being black..and reaveling my body..its nt a a bad thng 2me u don have 2 get it...and yes i respect my body and self mayb even mo thn u do urs...i don hav 2 hide it...and its nt my fault if u thnk im 2 sexy...wats mo surprising is ur people's thoughts when they see someone wearng sth sexy....wat cums 2 ur mind...cos if an African man sees a black woman wearng sexy clothes wat cums 2 his mind is'nt sex...so i wonda wat cums 2 ur mind wat does tht make u ... i ws annoyed by the accusations of 37 yr old knowing my government would not send somebody tht old 2 skul...and its suprising tht all the 2yrs i've been here i've neva seen a motswana guy dating a malay gal...they are totaly diffrent from us and i no tht no guy from Botswana will be interested in them..nt even to rape them....

its also suprising cos i've known so many people from Botswana who have been raped,robbed and done bad things to by people who are nt black.. local people..bt u will neva see me saying tht all malaysians are bad people...i would neva critice them and da way they dress...because i understand the world we live in..whats even more suprising... is that in every class no mata wer u are... there is always going to be a student...its nt lyk all of the malays,chinese or indians are all good students..sum don even cum 2 class too..and the act the same way tht all those batswana student u saw...i neva miss classes...i get gud grades...i hav friends malay gals who skip class and who hardly do assingments..bt i wud neva say every1 here's lyk tht..n i wud'nt judge thm and say they r bad...who im i 2 judge thm its their lyf...

ANYWAY u had it coming and u deserved every word i said 2u....i will keep defending my people if provoked...we nt all bad people same as nt all malays are bad same as nt every1 here thnks lyk u Diana...this is what the Obamas, Oprahs,Martin Luther King's have been fighting for all their to turn people lyk u's mind 2c a diffrent world...

NanaP,

Firstly I wanna ask, when did I EVER label Botswana students blackie or negros??????? If it was part of the email then it wasn't ME who was saying it. It was an email being circulated and THAT person was the one labelling. I've only mentioned Botswana students and Batswanas if you read. Secondly, WHEN did I say ALL students from Botwana are bad?????? Didn't I say I know some who are really good, who studies well and got good grades??????? And really I only said I knew of ONE that was bad in my class. Why are you only lashing out on me when it was the rest who have being giving the comments you dislike??? DIdn't I also say there are bad apples in Malaysia???? And I DID say I understand why you acted the way you did because you were just trying to defend for yourself and your people. I said the approach was wrong BECAUSE you are ACCUSING me of all the above that I didn't even say?!?!?!??! So everyone 'came up' with their own stories and is that MY problem???? Are they NOT allowed to say what they want???? Was I in any way able to control what they type????

As for dressing sexily. Did I EVER say it's wrong???? Was I the one who said it???? If you can't get your facts right and just lash out on the first person you see posting then that's WRONG. If you read clearly I also mentioned Malaysians rape their own people and we have our own people who are bad. It is the same in every country and it's just so happen the email was talking about Botswana students in LUCT. Why should I even deserve your comments on me when I didn't even say all those? I hope you can see that clearly. And don't point fingers at me. Once again I stress that I DIDN'T say everyone from Africa is bad. Read them again and highlight if you will.

*EDITED* and *ADDED*

NanaP,

Look, after typing the top part I decided to read the whole thread again and found out that there was once where I mentioned 'blackie' and I'm sorry for that coz I really didn't mean to. In fact if you read my other posts I mentioned more on African and Botswana students. I guess it was just an impromptu reply to juanil's post. I didn't go till the end of that after seeing what I have typed. And after thinking of the whole thing I will STRESS again that I understand where you're coming from. Once again I'm sorry if I brought upon all the other posts that has offended you. I don't see it as a need to go back and forth lashing out at each other. The top part of my first post was really an email being circulated and I didn't even put in my heart that it did mention a 37 yr old man was involved. I wouldn't even think that your govt would be sponsoring and 37 yr olds over as there are younger ones who'd need the education more and can then contribute to your country.

Whether or not whoever a Batswana dates is really none of our business but if people tell me I'll just say Oh really?? I know batswana ladies are ver proud of how they look and like you said that's how you're being brought up to. That's really fine with me because some Chinese or Indians also wear sxily because they are confident of their body. I can't say that Malays will do the same because of their culture and beliefs. Anyway I don't wanna go on and on about it again. On behalf of the other girls who has posted the racist posts and also myself, I would like to apologize to you. Once you've replied and is satisfied with it can moderators please close this thread to avoid anymore unwanted posts? Thanks!

Diana,

From what I see, she is only bugging at you and not us, somewhere, something is fishy there.

Don't feel bad Diana, we know you are sharing the email with us which I have read it few times in my mailbox.

ahhh .. just wonder why this person couldn't understand the whole picture?

1. She just starting to accuse you without reading the whole post probably, ah hem .. ashamed of her being educated and yet still can't read it properly.

2. She is too proud and very defensive, if that's the case I have to be defensive too! because what I knew and saw are true! well .. are they from Botswana? I don't know but they are african students.

3. She has to know, she is in Malaysia, if she thinks that she can't blend into the culture here, I believe there are somewhere else is suitable for her.

Diana, we will respect your decision. Don't let this person to spoil your mood, it will affect your little one .. cheer up lady =) be a happy mummy. =)

Ling,

No la I understand her anger but then just don't understand why is she lashing out on me only. But don't worry it's not affecting my mood. It's really nothing to feel fishy about. When we read something we don't like and feel offended of coz anger will grow upon us and we see fire more than logic. That's what normally that happens. She has her rights to be proud of her country and people and also defend on their behalf. It's like her family so of coz she won't like people talking that way about her family even you or me wouldn't. Well you are right to defend what you have said as well coz you know how true it is :smile: WHether or not one can blend into another's culture is really alright as long as they respect others culture and I guess everyone should do the same. Maybe if she had a choice she wouldn't wanna be in Malaysia either so it's really not her fault that she's in Malaysia. I just don't wanna let her think that I hate her people coz I really don't. Anyway just hope this will end on a lighter note. Not worth for everyone to get so worked up on :smile:

Diana,

Yes you are right, once a person is angry s/he can't think logically or see things clearly or logically, I can understand that but when you have explained to her and she still bugging you that's really make me angry too.

I believe out there oso saying bad things about Malaysian too, but before you defend for your own people, please investigate clearly and know the whole story first before you defend for them. I won't just simply defend for a person who is guilty, just because of pride? s/he is Malaysian so I must defend for him/her alto s/he was wrong? no no .. that's now the way.

I know their governments have sponsored their citizens to study abroad and one of the countries is Malaysia. I have many students who are under their own government scholarship, some are real good students but some are rotten apple. They came here and appear in the class once! ahh .. talking about this, let me share 2 of my lovely foreign students! gesss

1. Male student - who never came to my class but suddenly appeared in one of my tutorials, when I questioned him where have you been all these while? He says he didn't know there's a class? I asked further then how do you know you have a class now? his answer is so funny .. ohh suddenly I remember I have this class =S ha!? so where have you been all these while? his answer is .. ahhh I over slept, couldn't wake up early, not in kuching, I said you are telling lies!

2. Female student - this one lagi li hai! she told me she was in hospital all these while, when I'm asking for MC she couldn't provide one, so where has she been all these while? only she knows.

Ahhh one more, telling me he wants to postpone the exam because he wants to go to KL to collect his credit card, ha? logic or not? he has to go to KL to collect his credit card? can't the officer send to kch since he is studied in kch? then I investigate further, ohhhh .. actually he wants to do shopping there! kakakakakaka .. so end up I cakap, cannot postpone and I want to see you in the exam =D I'm evil!!! kekekekekekekeke

Ling,

LOL don't have to be angry la! Breathe in breathe out. Thank you for defending on my behalf though. Foreign students are like that. When I studied in Aus also the same ler.. some Malaysian some Indonesian. But our neighbours are the worst coz they're very rich hehe so they skip a lot of classes. A lot of my friends are like that. They'll alwas be at home sleeping while I'm in class! Then they somemore dare to message and ask me wanna go out or not and ask me for notes LOL. Anyway your student a bit over lor wanna postpone exam just coz she wanna shop. Of coz you will say cannot la!!!

This post reminds me of an incident which happened to a friend of mine, 2 years ago. We were in our 2nd year in a local Uni. 1 day, during the molecular biology class we were asked to do an experiment. The experiment has to be done in a dark room, because it involves UV ray. We were suppose to cut a piece of "gel" under UV exposure, UV exposure is to visualize DNA. So, my friend was holding the gel cutter, prepared to cut. Then a male lecture (malay) came from her back, and hold her hand to cut the gel. Nobody notice this, even my fren's groupmate (2 boys). Only after her group finish cutting the gel, and everyone left the dark room, she told another fren of mine. I only knew about this the next day.

The friend whom the victim informed first, told me about this the next day. And we decide to report this to another lecturer who we tot would help us. In the end we did nothing, because the victim herself told us she don't want too many ppl to know about this.

Besides this real story, there are also other rumors in my Uni that were left as rumors. Luckily I didn't met any of those lecturers, and safely graduated.

Blacks always struggle against racism.......just when they think its over,it resurfaces again.Whoever wrote this had anger and hate and if killin wasn`t illegal he can get rid of all blacks in Malaysia in a blink of an eye.We singin struggle songs and you also rap to it,don`t be dull try get the message behind.Crime is everywhere,worldwide,the blacks and white do it.Change is all we need and thanx to the most celebrated black president Barack Obama for trying to bring change.You need not to get any further,just research about Botswana and try to get the lifestyle,its democracy and crime rate.

1.Its one of Africa`s most celebrated democratic country.

2.No major cases of racism ever recorded.

3.You safe to go anywhere,anytime of the day irregardless of race.

4.Botswana is not Africa if i wud say,Malaysia is flooded with Nigerians and many central Africa nations.

5.No rape case of Motswana male recorded in Malaysia

6.Go to www.moe.gov.bw for information on who qualifies for a government sponsorship

So before we recognise you as one of those bitter racist who resist change and live in their own side of planet,get your facts right.

I won`t hate and right now on my playlist is 2PAC`s CHANGES

QOUTES OF LYRICS

Take the evil out the people, they'll be acting right.

'Cause mo' black than white is smokin' crack tonight.

And only time we chill is when we kill each other.

It takes skill to be real, time to heal each other.

Am quite sure that you realy like what happening right now between Israel and Palestine..........Everytime you wake up you wish you cud do it to the blacks....

not every black person or african is from botswana...botswana is not africa but a small country in Africa ryt?

so stop of accusing Batswana for what they dont know...yall are just full of lies...yu dont hev staff to do

all yu need to do is get lives and stay away from Batswana..i can just feel that you are jealous of them coz they living the way they want to...

there hevnt bin issues like dat about batswana more especially in limkokwing...stop hating

can yu just be open minded for once ekse

wats wth the racism huh?

My family has a house which we rented the rooms out to college students from Nigeria. And let me tell you frankly, they are a nuisance. Yes, there are good ones out there but the troublemakers are the lot who bring shame to their fellow countrymen. Those who I am going to talk about are the ones my family have encountered. Please be reminded that I am not labelling ALL Nigerians as troublemakers.

They started out being ok at first. They pay rent on time and don't cause trouble. Then they show their stripes. They don't pay on time, start making ridiculous excuses (the cash transfer has not been done etc) but they can still smoke and drink like nobody's business. They bring their girlfriends home and lure many local girls. I don't seem to understand how these girls can fall for them. And boy, are they good at lying and sugar-coating their words. They make promises but then break them. "Oh, I'll move out next Monday". Then come Monday, they still have their asses stuck in the house. Police reports were made against them, but still, nothing is done! They dont do anything for free, you gotta motivate them extrinsically (you get what I mean). And the police are questioning us folks why we question/doubt their integrity!!!

There are a few cases of molestation, harrassment and rape done by this lot of people in private higher learning institutions here in kuching. All of which are covered and kept secret by the administration as to not taint their reputation. I seriously think something has to be done. It is not doing us folks justice. One of the guys who rented a room at my family's house was charged for molestation/assault.

Msia should stop letting so many foreigners (including those from neighbouring countries) into the country, be it to work or study. Why cant we just let our people live in peace? Read the papers, look at all the nonsense these people cause everyday.

Dont they know it is rude to meet your landlord/landlady in just your boxers when they come to collect rent? It may be a norm in their country for them to wear just their boxers/briefs out to meet people, but here in Msia, people run away fearing their safety when they see someone only in their boxers in public. Yes, they have their own cultures/practices/beliefs too, but remember, YOU ARE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY WHICH HAS ITS OWN CULTURES/BELIEFS/PRACTICES as well! So respect our culture!

There are more things I'd like to elaborate further about these people, but I'm afraid the list might never end. These are the kind of people whom we have trusted and have broken our trust.

Take this as a lesson: avoid these people as much as you can. These rotten apples have tainted our perception of these people so often that we no longer want to associate ourselves with them or have anything to do with them. It is no wonder people go around labelling them with derogatory labels.