leehong

Sunway Hotel

Hi. I'm planning to have my wedding dinner November next year. I've only left with 2 choices, either one of Sunway's ballroom or Nikko Hotel's Junior Ballroom. Please feel free to give your comments (eg. food, ambience, service) as I need these info.

Hi. I'm planning to have my wedding dinner November next year. I've only left with 2 choices, either one of Sunway's ballroom or Nikko Hotel's Junior Ballroom. Please feel free to give your comments (eg. food, ambience, service) as I need these info.

Well, my friend just had her wedding in Sunway Resort Ballroom early this year, Feb 06. She was very upset with their service. The sound system did not blend in well with the wedding singers and the lights were not dim when it is supposed to be dim and most of the time we cant see what we were eating. It was a bit unorganized and she trusted the manager so much to make sure everythg is in place that night. She regretted not having one of us Ji Muis to ensure everythg went smoothly. However, food was good as she took the RM1288/table package.

They will only give you the ballroom if you can have more than 30 tables. The grand ballroom is a combination of 3 ballroom. To have the whole ballroom, you need to have more than 100 tables. Be careful if you only take 2 ballroom as the stage may not be at the centre. Take ballroom 1 and 2 instead of 2 and 3 if you have only 60 tables. I learned this while organizing an event for my company. The Event Organizer has informed me all this info. My company took the RM788/table package. Food was horrible.

I have just gave deposit for my wedding dinner at West Lake Garden, Sunway Resort Hotel. I wanted my wedding dinner to be small and manageable with less than 25 tables for good food and cosy environment.

Well, my friend just had her wedding in Sunway Resort Ballroom early this year, Feb 06. She was very upset with their service. The sound system did not blend in well with the wedding singers and the lights were not dim when it is supposed to be dim and most of the time we cant see what we were eating. It was a bit unorganized and she trusted the manager so much to make sure everythg is in place that night. She regretted not having one of us Ji Muis to ensure everythg went smoothly. However, food was good as she took the RM1288/table package.

They will only give you the ballroom if you can have more than 30 tables. The grand ballroom is a combination of 3 ballroom. To have the whole ballroom, you need to have more than 100 tables. Be careful if you only take 2 ballroom as the stage may not be at the centre. Take ballroom 1 and 2 instead of 2 and 3 if you have only 60 tables. I learned this while organizing an event for my company. The Event Organizer has informed me all this info. My company took the RM788/table package. Food was horrible.

I have just gave deposit for my wedding dinner at West Lake Garden, Sunway Resort Hotel. I wanted my wedding dinner to be small and manageable with less than 25 tables for good food and cosy environment.

Thanks Piggiemily for your comments.

Initially, FH and I decided to have our wedding dinner in Nikko's junior ballroom (max 21 tables). We changed our minds because of the poor customer service shown by their wedding consultant, Annie.

We're glad we gaev up Nikko for a much mroe better choice, Renaissance hotel. Their sales person, Jephrine Chin is very good. No regrets at all ;)

Initially, FH and I decided to have our wedding dinner in Nikko's junior ballroom (max 21 tables). We changed our minds because of the poor customer service shown by their wedding consultant, Annie.

Hi Lee Hong,

Can you tell me more specifically what is bad about the customer service? thanks!

Hi Lee Hong,

Can you tell me more specifically what is bad about the customer service? thanks!

Hi Zelda,

We had a hard time just to get in touch with her (her emails were only replied after a reminder from us). We had to meet up with her according to her preference (she's not available after 6pm). FH says he wasnt greeted warmly when he met her. She didn't pay attention to his questions (she was looking at other people/things happening around her) and answered rudely. :D That was the last straw, we decided not to choose Nikko. Glad that we chose Renaissance, which is way much better :)

What about Sunway's poolside or the Chinese restaurant? I only have about 20 tables and would like to stay the night at The Villas...

Any comments?

I believe Lynn and another girl had made some comment somewhere (dunno which thread) about the villas. The girl did her photoshots there and stayed the night too. Saw the website .. looks very exclusive and beautiful. Like spa boutique hotel off bali or some polynesia island.

What about Sunway's poolside or the Chinese restaurant? I only have about 20 tables and would like to stay the night at The Villas...

Any comments?

I saw pics of the villas, it's very nice which is why i wanna spend the night there, but it almost seems like a waste of money because we'll be out of the room for at least 4 hrs for the dinner...

What about the Chinese restaurant (West Lake Garden)?

I saw pics of the villas, it's very nice which is why i wanna spend the night there, but it almost seems like a waste of money because we'll be out of the room for at least 4 hrs for the dinner...

What about the Chinese restaurant (West Lake Garden)?

Well, I had already confirmed my banquet at West Lake Garden. I was thinking of somewhere near my home and could provide a small, cosy and nice environment for my guest. I am hoping that my tables dont go up to 25 tables. It wont be that cosy and spacious.

I think their quality of food would be good if it does not exceed 25 tables. Fingers cross as I have not go for food tasting yet. Probably will try out in April. Many of my friends commented that their food is nice. Hope its true.

I need to highlight that their Manager is also very nice and helpful. Mr. Alex Ngan. As he would be busy managing a lot of things during peak hours, it would be good to call before meeting him. Let him know the dates and he will seek out if the date is taken. He is really friendly and we had a long chat with him at the sofa outside the restaurant. That is also where the cocktail area is going to be.

piggiemily, do you have picture of what the west lake garden is like?

Dear Zelda,

So sorry as i do not have any pictures of the restaurant. You would probably like to visit their website at http://www.chineserestaurants.com.my/westlake1.htm

It has a Shanghainese environment and rose-toned decor sets the mood at the West Lake Garden. :)

Dear all,

Do not try to contact Alex Ngan handphone number...! Its a wrong number and i dont wish to disclose it due to privacy reasons...! Hope u all understand. You can ask if he can provide you through the hotel number...!

Thanks!

Dear Aishiteru and Pebbles91,

Done! Its in PDF Format.

Dear Aishiteru and Pebbles91,

Done! Its in PDF Format.

HI, can you send to me at wendychan82@hotmail.com. I am not able to open the pdf that you have attached. Thanks.