leehong

Sunway Hotel

HI,

ACTUALLY I HAD BOOKED FOR THIS CHINESE RESTAURANT AT SUNWAY...BECAUSE I JUST HAD A SMALL WEDDING DINNER ...I SPOKE WITH ONE OF THE AM NAME DAVID ...BUT I STILL WORRIED....I SEE THE ENVIROMENT IS VERY GOOD. YESTERDAY I BEEN THERE WITH MY SIS AND MY SIS JUST ASK ME A QUATION: IS THIS PLACE CAN HELD A WEDDING PARTY?

dear leehong,

fyi - I'm getting mareied just next month and my elder brother had his wedding at Sunway so i can share my experice with you there since i was his best man also .. :P

Sunway - Location = beautiful, very Grand ball room.. really nice!

Service and food = nightmare...

That was 2005 i think. so once is enough for me.. the dinner "SUCKED" sorry for my vulgarity but it was necessary though during food-tasting it was ok. During dinner time - everything was late late late... guess what time we finished out last meal? 12am ... and some tables' dessert was missing also. some ppl even complain. Many people couldn't wait so you can imagine people walking out before everything finish. many ppl started leaving around 11 + pm...

if i were you - i'd go for nikko. they have an attractive package (last i visited Aug 2006) however someone told me that nikko have a lot of hidden charges. so you should ask them in detail before singning anything.

I was chosing between Nikko and Renaissance and i chose Renaissance. Hotel Nikko is definately better comapred with Sunway.

We are considering West Lake Garden instead of the ballroom due to 15 tables onli. I hope the food & service is better. Please advice.

Hi,

So far I have been reading about opinions on Sunway Grand Ballroom and West Lake Gardens. Does anyone have any experience holding their wedding dinner in Grand Caymans or Grand Bahamas in Sunway Hotel (they are the smaller function rooms catering to a maximum of 22 tables only)?

daphnesu your enquiry about the bookings only accepted 6 months prior to the event seems a bit strange. My wedding dinner is on 3 Jan 2009 but they are accepting a deposit now ( I have not done that yet though, still trying to hear other people's experience with Sunway)

So Melissa. How was your wedd dinner? Pls comment on service & food. thx

i have paid the deposit to west lake restaurant....and my wedding is on october 2009..so far a lot of question in mine mind....then is too little information in the internet about this restaurant..so far i feel maybe not same as ballroom i just worried maybe the hall is small.....but my problem is mine table is just not more than 20 and i am looking for chinese halal food

august_wind,

actually most chinese restaurant in hotel or golf club resort is halal and do not serve pork.

I have attended a small wedding in west lake before. The food is good and recomended. It may not be as 'grand' as their expensive ballroom in level 15, but for small weddings, it's quite nice.

ya lah i think my wedding dinner will be small and expensive....just worried my uncle aunty will say a lot about the venue...and do u guys think if some life band there will good

West Lake food is good and especially their seafood porridge. yummy yummy but too bad i havet been to the weding dinner at Wet Lake before... anyway, they can cope wedding there in the restaurant... so no worries

hi, am new in surveying restaurants and hotels for wedding banquet too..

just wondering, say the banquet held at the ballroom, is it not served by West Lake?

btw, anybody got their latest price/packages list?..

i've emailed them BOTH sunway and west lake garden...and i've yet to get any replies....

my quatation from them was start from rm899++ u can just call them pass the phone to west lake. mr david was the person who speak to me...i just think a lot alot but i had pay the deposit nothing can change

hi augustwind, yeah i finally got the quotes from them...however the hotel and restaurant gave me different payment terms ....

just wondering, wat's the payment term they offered u? how many table would urs be?

thanks in advance...

hi augustwind, yeah i finally got the quotes from them...however the hotel and restaurant gave me different payment terms ....

just wondering, wat's the payment term they offered u? how many table would urs be?

thanks in advance...

nwb,

i order 20 tables...then i pay rm2000 fpr deposit ..that all

and my quatation is rm899++ per table...that all

how u feel

actualy for small wedding west lake is ok but not as grand.......like grand ballroom..

ahh..that's the same one the WLG quoted me also...but now since they know I'll be having 40 tables or more..they passed my enquiries to the Hotel's Sales Manager.... hmmm.. not sure if the payment terms could be still the same.... coz the hotel had initially quoted me something rather uncomfortable.... imagine 30%, 50% and 20% in stages all before the AD.... :(

ohh now apparently...the 888+ package's only available at the restaurant, or non sat / public holidays with the hotel....

hence, cheapest 988++...

am getting so frustrated... izzit really that hard to seek a good venue with equally good food, service and environment at an affordable price??

ohh now apparently...the 888+ package's only available at the restaurant, or non sat / public holidays with the hotel....

hence, cheapest 988++...

am getting so frustrated... izzit really that hard to seek a good venue with equally good food, service and environment at an affordable price??

maybe u have to much table .. i have only 20 and mine date is saturday at restaurant lah

so mine price is 899++

yeah... 888++ for restaurant is still available for saturdays and public holidays.... but limited to 25 tables or less..

since mine more.... they pass my enquiries to the hotel...which is taking while to reply to me... i'm starting to seek alternatives liow...

can be putting all eggs on one basket... :\

I have attended a small wedding in west lake before. The food is good and recomended. It may not be as 'grand' as their expensive ballroom in level 15, but for small weddings, it's quite nice.

hi amanda,

how was the wedding there...did they have any program during the wedding dinner and for ur opinion any live band suitable there?? two or three persons band is there better??

I just had my wedding dinner at West Last Garden , Sunway Resort, 2 weeks ago. Everyone who attended my dinner said the food was excellent, whoever that attended my food tasting session, even commented that the food served on the actual night turned out to be better than what was served during food tasting sessions. I have received many compliments like "this is the best wedding dinner food I have taken".....the Glutinous rice, the fresh prawn, the soya white fungus dessert with excellent pastry....I even have friends that asked us if we have on hold any table, because they wanted to buy the table over to eat the food again!

I remembered I called San San the restaurant manager at 11pm the night before my dinner, and told her about the change of table seating plan plus, I need to cancel one table. She was very acccomodative and told me yes, and actually helped us to reorganise our table layout. She got the plan around 4pm on the actual day, and worked with her team to rearranged the table seatings.

They did not charge us the cancelled table, and in fact they gave us reductions in corkage, I think we paid less than RM200 for the 35 bottles of wine that we brought in that night.

Also I had my tea ceremony at the restaurant itself, they actually helped us make the tea, and brought more than 20 cups over to let us serve to our relatives.

We were given 2 honeymoon suites at the club room floor for the nights, and suites were beautiful. The people who worked in the club room could call us by our names when we walked in.

All in, my hubby and I, plus everyone was really impressed with the high level of food quality and service from West Lake Garden!

hi, Ansonc, mind to share the package and some photo.

Pls pm me, rosemkpang@hotmail.com

I just had my wedding dinner at West Last Garden , Sunway Resort, 2 weeks ago. Everyone who attended my dinner said the food was excellent, whoever that attended my food tasting session, even commented that the food served on the actual night turned out to be better than what was served during food tasting sessions. I have received many compliments like "this is the best wedding dinner food I have taken".....the Glutinous rice, the fresh prawn, the soya white fungus dessert with excellent pastry....I even have friends that asked us if we have on hold any table, because they wanted to buy the table over to eat the food again!

I remembered I called San San the restaurant manager at 11pm the night before my dinner, and told her about the change of table seating plan plus, I need to cancel one table. She was very acccomodative and told me yes, and actually helped us to reorganise our table layout. She got the plan around 4pm on the actual day, and worked with her team to rearranged the table seatings.

They did not charge us the cancelled table, and in fact they gave us reductions in corkage, I think we paid less than RM200 for the 35 bottles of wine that we brought in that night.

Also I had my tea ceremony at the restaurant itself, they actually helped us make the tea, and brought more than 20 cups over to let us serve to our relatives.

We were given 2 honeymoon suites at the club room floor for the nights, and suites were beautiful. The people who worked in the club room could call us by our names when we walked in.

All in, my hubby and I, plus everyone was really impressed with the high level of food quality and service from West Lake Garden!

Hi everyone,

I'm at the initial stage of planning my wedding and am seeking for hotels for my banquet.

Has anyone been to Sunway Hotel recently? any reviews/feedback regarding service, food, ambience, etc?

Thanks.

Elayne

just visited west lake gardens chinese restaurant last nite, am pretty impressed with venue and the restaurant Manager - Ms. Sun Sun is very professional in explaining the packages. the only downside to this place is that the restaurant can only hold max 26 tables, so for those who need bigger venue, there is always the sunway grand ballroom :)

I am wondering if the atmosphere is good as well. I wanted a hotel wedding (preferabbly ballroom) but i do not have enough guest to be gathered in 1 location. (I am having 2 wedding dinner) Separate location. Thus, my guest list is separated into 2. I am wondering if i should go visit the place first and check it out.

just visited west lake gardens chinese restaurant last nite, am pretty impressed with venue and the restaurant Manager - Ms. Sun Sun is very professional in explaining the packages. the only downside to this place is that the restaurant can only hold max 26 tables, so for those who need bigger venue, there is always the sunway grand ballroom :)