meiteoh

Eva Li-Ann Grousson

Talk about being a drama princess!!!!

At 38 weeks, the midwife informed us that our little one is still turned down and thus, everyone was expecting a natural delivery. So the wait started. I had two false alarms and on Monday at 530am, my water bag broke, but hm, no contractions...just the regular Braxton Hicks. Still, the hospital said to come in and so we did...me feeling wet and HB all half-asleep, hoping that it wouldn't be a false alarm. After an hour of monitoring and still no real contractions, we checked in for observation (I was only 2 cm dilated) and if nothing happened on Tuesday, they would induce labour.

And induce they did - at 6am on Tuesday. The contractions got stronger but I was still only 2 cm dilated. So they induced again at noon - apparently I'm allowed to take the pill inducement five times - and this time, it was the real deal. By 3pm, I was in pain - my lower back really hurt and my pelvic felt like it was going to split into two. I was crying at some points and even my HB looked worried. We told the midwife and she did a check. I was 3 cm dilated (correction: just found out that it was actually FIVE freaking cm) by now and looked all set for delivery except she also discovered something...

After a call and an echo to verify, we discovered that our little one was in breech and of all breeches, a complete breech - meaning her butt was down and at the opening of the cervix with her legs folded making vaginal delivery almost impossible. It so happened that there were a lot of deliveries going on at the same time so I was told that I might need to wait for a while to go for c-sec. I was still having contractions and in misery so waiting 40 minutes was a nightmare but they were fast and in less than 15 minutes, I was off to the OT. My HB who nearly fainted in an OT before stayed and wait while I handled this on my own. The team were wonderful and after 40 minutes, our drama princess gave four cries and entered the world all wide-eyed. The delivery went superbly for me - the only issue being that my blood pressure dipped a little but otherwise, no complications. Thank God for little miracles really...

So yes, in total, I spent 36 hours ushering her arrival...most of which was spent wondering when she was going to show up! :lol:

3754874107_895d540a97_o.jpg

3755673680_cbae6b9d39_o.jpg

3754872649_fbe17c2ef8_o.jpg

3755672674_bf932834f1_o.jpg

3755751254_451c72a641_o.jpg

meiteoh..eva is so adorable..

already open her wide eyes when born.. ready to see mummy n daddy..

looks so awake ..not like other babies that are born with eyes close n sleepy ..hehehe..

Thanks girls...everyone who saw her says she looks exactly like my HB except for the eyes! :lol:

So far, I'm "enjoying" her mainly because she's such a joy to watch, care and well, just be with. My mum was kind of surprised that she didn't cry at all at being carried by other people and that she had her eyes opened right after the birth from hour 0 itself! :P

Thanks thanks...now am BFing her exclusively and it's quite a challenge but I'm super happy about the progress coz the midwife came to do a check on me as well as her and she's put on weight which is super good. When we left the hospital, she was 2.53 kg and her jaundice level was 160 from 170 plus the day before. The midwife explained that the weight gain is very good for babies with jaundice because usually if the case of jaundice is bad, babies won't gain weight - they lose more weight because jaundiced babies can be very lethargic and lazy to suckle.

Her weight is now 2.65 kg so I was told to feed her every 3 hours during the day to help her flush out the jaundice and then at night, I can feed her on demand (which is 3-4 hours). Hopefully my boobs won't give me any problems because I feel "stretched" all the time in the chest coz of the presence of milk. The midwife did say that there is nothing wrong with my boobs - no engorgement, no blocked ducts and all...and that it's normal for one boob to have more milk glands or be bigger than the other (my right boob feels more "full" than the left one). She also asked me to apply some lanisoh cream (the hospital gave me a small tube of PureLan by Medela to help with healing my sore nipples) coz she noticed that there were some scabbing which she say is also normal since my latch-on is correct - Eva likes to chomp down on my boobs when she first suckle but after a minute or two, it's okay already. =.=

Just feed her on demand, try different feeding positions and make sure she drain both boobs at every feed - that was what she said - and all should be ok. So I oso okay lor.

TAHNIAH kepadamu for being a mum finally, meiteoh!

I can imagine how excited you are.

It is believed that a person of mixed blood is more likely to be intelligent, and also more good-looking. Personally, I believe it to be true because scientifically it is supposed to be like that.

Well, if the Darwinian's Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection is anything to go by, your baby will certainly grow up to be extremely brainy and beautiful.

So, once again CONGRATULATIONS to both you and hubby; and let us all extend our warmest welcome to new earthling member.

Congratulations hon... your little bub is such a beauty! I love that she's all wide eyed when she came into this world... it's like she can't wait to greet her amazing parents!