fluene

Hospital Stay till Delivery

Mabel Finally I have purchased the Ameda Lactalline breast pump. Much cheaper to get it online but we were very pressed for time already. My babies cannot latch on yet. They are too small and do not know how to suck / swallow. Will need to feed through tubes :sad:

PccIvy Yup, already name the gals; Alexis and Charmaine. Already have a few chinese names in mind but have to let the 'sifu' see first. I myself do not beleve in all these stuff but MIL wants. So just humour her loh!

After staying in hospital for so long, my medical bills came at RM200 + only for miscellaneous charges. All these include the hospital stay for 26 days , emergency surgery, delivery charges, dr. charges, medications, etc. Long ago, we budgeted RM10k for twins delivery. Now we can use the money to buy better stuff for the babies.

Fluene, never mind lor. It'll get better and soon, you'll be able to hold them in your arms. Btw, is it possible for you to touch them and so forth even though they are in NICU (in the incubator)? According to my SIL who had both her kids as premies, it helps A LOT with their development and such.

Great huh, staying at a public hospital? Can save money. :smile:

Fluene,

Very nice names=) Well I guess for chinese names it's coz htey have to see if it matches your HB's surname. Actually they are said to hold a person's future LOL. Anyway your fee's really very cheap!!! For so many days stay and delivery etc. Plus doctors and nurses there are good too!

Fluene, never mind lor. It'll get better and soon, you'll be able to hold them in your arms. Btw, is it possible for you to touch them and so forth even though they are in NICU (in the incubator)? According to my SIL who had both her kids as premies, it helps A LOT with their development and such.

Great huh, staying at a public hospital? Can save money. :smile:

Yah, we can touch them. Normally I rub some baby oil on my palm and gently stroke the babies. My babies had jaundice a few days ago but ok already now.

I stayed in UMMC. I went for check up and planned to deliver (if no complication) in UMSC. Since I had problems at 26 weeks, the Dr referred me to UMMC and he continued to be in charged of me there. Overall, I find UMMC to be quite good. After staying there for so long, I have come to be familiar with the nurses, attendants and drs there. They are very friendly and helpful. Not like those stories that we heard about government hospitals.

My delivery was like a circus with a large crowd of medical officers, young dr doing housemanship, medical students, nurses and midwives as well as my regular O&G. What a large crowd right? They keep cheering me on during labour and I felt that I just can't let them down. There are at least 4 medical officers there beside my regular O&G. So I was very well taken care of.

Hi Fluene

My heartiest Congrats!!! So good to hear that you've joined the club. well, i'm sure you've heard about how breastfeeding and constant touch helps to increase the survival rate or preemies, yada yada yada... right?

anyway, take care and look forward to the day that ur twins will be well enough to go home!

fluene: How long will ur baby in the NICU?

They will need to stay there till their weights are at least 1.8kg. Typically, this takes about 2 months from their starting weights now.

Bumblebee I express my breast milk everyday. My breasts are very much engorged since two days ago. A lactation consultation showed me how to relieves breasts engorgement. But then, 10 mins after expressing, my breasts started to harden again. The consultion told me to express whenever the breasts are engorged. But then wouldnt this encourage milk production further? I am a bit sceptical.

Fluene,

Yes la, if you keep pumping each time you feel engorged, your body will keep thinking it need to make more. Will have over supply woh! I feel you should stop taking the fenugreek for the time being & see how it goes. Our body tends to over produce during early months. If you feel it's not enough then only take back the fenugreek. Take care!

Sorry deviate from topic a bit.

Fluene,

Today only I noticed this thread... When I started to read, my heart was pain, I was worry for you.. I can't stop my tears...Cause you poor gal gone throught a lot of things...

But when I read your babies and you are safe.. i'm so happy and glad.. .Thanks God.

Congratulation to you :)

Fluene,

Yes la, if you keep pumping each time you feel engorged, your body will keep thinking it need to make more. Will have over supply woh! I feel you should stop taking the fenugreek for the time being & see how it goes. Our body tends to over produce during early months. If you feel it's not enough then only take back the fenugreek. Take care!

Yah, I've stopped taking fenugreek already. Nowadays so frustrated. The breasts so painful and yet no milk come out. One breast ok, the other one is stubborn. No matter how I massage / apply heat / pump, the milk still won't come out. My fingers are also sore from all the massaging already.

Btw, thanks everyone once again!! :biggrin:

Fluene,

Yah, I've stopped taking fenugreek already. Nowadays so frustrated. The breasts so painful and yet no milk come out. One breast ok, the other one is stubborn. No matter how I massage / apply heat / pump, the milk still won't come out. My fingers are also sore from all the massaging already.

Btw, thanks everyone once again!! :biggrin:

Long time didnt come to MB, and this is the 1st post i read. Wow! really happy for u fluene. Congratulations to u & wish ur babies get stronger from day to day. For the breast harden part, try to massage ur breast with a hot towel, a real hot towel ya. the way u massage it is pressing the harden part inside of the breast.(i know it is pain, but its better than pain all the time right ?) Press deep inside it from bottom to left side then right side. once done try to press ur nipple and see if there is milk come out. Hope this will help.

Fluene,

This might sounds icky but a friend of mine was adviced by her doc to let hubby suck on her nipples (cos hubby can suck harder compare to baby's sucking) to clear the "block" & it worked for her. Erm, if all else fail, maybe you can try this instead?

Good luck & take care!

fluene..

i also experience the same thing..

1st u check ur nipple to clear the dry skin or milk that sometimes can clogged the milk duct..

so u clean it.. or maybe use a clean warm towel.. to clean it..

then press press the nipple then u pump..

shower ur breast with hot shower then pump.. maybe u pump that affected breast frequently.. maybe 1hr-2hrs..

my right breast always like this..

Fluene, agree with Janice here ask ur hb to suck but if he really doesnt want then no choice ! &

try what Aishiteru said here ! I also doing the same lastime when have milk clogged but I didn't press my nipple lah! kinda painful leh....