fluene

Hospital Stay till Delivery

Haha - during my stay there after my C-section, there were 1 set of triplets and 2 set of twins who delivered on the same night (beside the usual singletons)! The nurses were so excited! Must be the highlight of their week.

Glad to hear that you and babies are doing fine. Do continue to update us. Get all the rest you can now. Good to hear that you are able to catch up with your reading. Very quickly another week will past, and soon you will be term. "Jia you"

UPDATES

Just to update. fluene have just delivered her twins today at about 2am. Natural delivery. Both gal is currently in NICU. 1 weight 1 kg, the other weight 1.2kg.

Congratulations Fluene,

Take care.. welcome to the motherhood club

Wow congrats to her! Hope she and her babies are doing well. Hopefully her babies will gain weight quick and healthily!

WOOHOO!!!

My heartiest congrats to her and I hope she and her babies will make speedy progress and be out of the hospital soon!

Wow.., surprised!!!

CONGRATS!!! :D This is really good news, and both bb are healthy and Mommy in good condition! :)

Thanks mhyap for the update and thanks everyone for the congratulatory wishes!!

I am back home now. My babies are in the special care nursery in UMMC. So far, they are doing well although very 'sam tong' to see all the tubes sticking to their bodies. They were off ventilators already which is a good sign. My job now is to extract breast milk for them. But so far I have a few drops of colostrum only. Don't know how to collect these few precious drops.

What happened is actually like this. On Thu night, about 11:30pm, my water broke when I was lying down on bed. The water gushing out like burst pipe. I was so 'kan cheong' that I totally forgot there is a bell to call the nurse. I walked out and looked for them instead. Dr. came and said that since there is no contraction, just let it be first. 10 mins after that, the contractions started which is about 3-4 mins apart.

The dr. decided to remove the stitching that was done earlier. Once removed, he checked my cervix and it was 5 -6 cm dilated already. I wasry asked whether to opt for C sect or natural delivery. I thought of discussing it with my hb. But while waiting for hb to arrived (no hp with me at that time), cervix already dilated to 6- 7cm and dr advised that might as well try natural delivery. I asked for epidural but unfortunately the anaes was having another C Sect and by the time he came down, I have already delivered. So, I was given the laughing gas instead.

My 1st baby was delivered when the cervix dilated to 9cm only, Took me 3- 4 pushes. The 2nd baby came out 4 mins after that and took one push only. Babies born by 2am. All in, took about 2 hours + only.

It was very painful but nevertheless, a very very short labour. :)

You did a very good job fluene! And you deserve a pat on your back! 2 thumbs up! :cheers: Happy that babies are doing really well now! Hope your BM will kick in soon!!

Fluene, it's great that you want to BF your babies! Colostrum is not much so the key is to pump every two hours (min) just to get those precious few drops and to stimulate baby's suckling to get your milk to come in faster. The more frequent you pump, the better it is for your babies. Have you purchased your breast pump and all?

Don't be like the lady who was roomed in with me - she was too tired out to let her baby suckle from her breast (tired from labour, loss of blood, etc) and consequently, he only latch on like twice a day. She didn't want to pump either... :/ About four days later, she ended up having to feed her baby formula because her breast milk wasn't coming in and neither was there any colostrum. :S