Sign in to follow this  
Marlene

Loose stools

Hello,

I'm new to this forum. Am currently 13 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing loose stools on and off ( sorry that I have to be so gross in my first post! ). It is not diarrhea, but rather loose, unformed stools. I just wonder whether this is normal and if any mommies-to-be are experiencing/ have experienced this?

I haven't changed my eating habits, I take lots of fluids and eat 4-5 servings of veges/ fruits a day, in addition to high-fiber carbs. No stomach rumbling or abdominal cramps, no apparent change in bowel movement schedule.....just unformed stools every few days which started since last week.

I'm seeing my ob/gyn this weekend and will ask her about it, but in the mean time, it would be helpful if anyone who's had a similar experience can share. I just need some reassurance that there's no need for me to give an emergency call to my ob/gyn ( please, don't post anything that'll scare me. :angry::lol: )

TIA!

I dun have this experience b4, i m mother of 2. since u r in early stage of prenancy, i would advise u to see ur gynae soonest possible as dis happend last wk til now. dun wait

Look, thanks but I'm not looking for the "Go see your doctor immediately instead of waiting" advice.

Sorry if I come acoss as off-puttish but I can't help not feeling frustrated when I see this kind of a reply.

All I want to know is if anyone's ever experienced this before and to share. I don't need a I've-not-been-thru-this-before-but-u-better-go-see-doctor. I definitely know when to have an emergency visit if I experience anomalies like cramping or even mild pain.

Anyone to share, please?

hi marlene, welcome to the forum & congrats on yr expected bb.

i had something similar during 1 phase of my pregnancy, it was just very easy to poop & no pain also perhaps pooped 2x per day instead of 1x. lasted for a few days, less than a week. then everythg went back to normal. heheh, should hv enjoyed it while it last, coz at the later stage had mild constipation problem!! loose stool was much better. :dry:

Look, thanks but I'm not looking for the "Go see your doctor immediately instead of waiting" advice.

Sorry if I come acoss as off-puttish but I can't help not feeling frustrated when I see this kind of a reply.

All I want to know is if anyone's ever experienced this before and to share. I don't need a I've-not-been-thru-this-before-but-u-better-go-see-doctor. I definitely know when to have an emergency visit if I experience anomalies like cramping or even mild pain.

Anyone to share, please?

So fierce and rude :dry:

Marlene, having loose stool is a blessing to some extent. If you don't have cramps or abdominal pains that accompany this, I see no cause for concern. Just enjoy it while it lasts, ya?