hmchan911

Things to buy for in laws

hmchan911,

Frankly speaking, it's the first time I heard that we need to buy shoes for ILs. :huh: Because my parent and FPIL never ask anything from us. Perhaps may I say YET?

I have not heard before shoe but my mum told me that I need to buy towel (not sure is face towel or bath towel) for my FH parent and siblings. Anyone heard this before?

I have not heard before shoe but my mum told me that I need to buy towel (not sure is face towel or bath towel) for my FH parent and siblings. Anyone heard this before?

this one i know is face towel

it is for all the relative that u have to give drink to during the YUM CHA morning session

whoever that need to give u drink you no need to give them

it is for all the relative that u have to give drink to during the YUM CHA morning session

Wah like that meaning i have to buy a lot of face towel standby loh..

is it just those normal face towel?

What's the face towel for? Any meaning behind it?

It means after drink the TEA, the WANG CHOY will come after u wipe your hand with the towel

P/S: must be colourful towel not white ohh

White means death ma

hahahha

I have nv heard about towel but I saw in the photos, the bride and groom serve the tea to their in-laws and there's a beautiful (colorful) towel on them, by the way the tea was serve in a big bowl and not cup =P

Shoes? ahh nv heard of that.

My mum ever told me, during her wedding she brought lots of cloths over and she needs to distribute each to my father's sisters, sister-in-laws and including mother-in-law. And same thing happened to my sil, she oso brought lots of cloths over and each of us get 1 from her =P

For my opinion, it is varies from your dialect, my mum and my sil both are teochew but I didn't follow this practice, otherwise I will broke la =D HB has 4 sisters and 3 SILs =D

But since it is the request from your ILs, guess no choice beside to follow ah?

What is wang choy ar? Sorry - I just don't quite get it.

It means after drink the TEA, the WANG CHOY will come after u wipe your hand with the towel

White means death ma

hahahha

What is wang choy ar? Sorry - I just don't quite get it. means TUAH

White means death ma

hahahha

buy "good morning" face towel..cheap & light..LOL

Hi,

I dont think suitale leh.. macam funeral always use good morning de leh..

Looks like I have to prepare towel then..

So does it mean I only have to give my MIL, FIL, SIL?

buy "good morning" face towel..cheap & light..LOL

Hi,

I dont think suitale leh.. macam funeral always use good morning de leh..

Looks like I have to prepare towel then..

So does it mean I only have to give my MIL, FIL, SIL?

for whoever that u need to give tea

My future in laws ask me to buy shoes for them

They say means harmony wo

Is it true?

But when i ask them what should my hubby buy for my parents side? they answer me don't know.

1) should i buy for them? (BTW they will not give me any gold during yum cha session)

2) if yes, then what should my hubby buy for my parents?

hi hmchan911...

ur parents in laws is hokkien ppl issit? as wat i went thru during my wedding preparation. i need to buy a pair of shoes for my PIL, hand towel n leg towel for my hb's sibling. i dun understand y aso but tis is hokkien ppl's culture thn i jus follow lol. im a hakka gal. :p

sinc i dunno wat is their size so i jus give them an angpow as a replacement. and as for hand towel and leg towel, i jus bought d hand towel wif 'hei' words and normal towel as a leg towel at pasar, only cost me few ringgit for one set of hand n leg towel.

sometimes, we jus need to fulfill their request to avoid any misunderstanding or arguement. i did ask my hb and other hokkien's frens, but they jus dunno wat is the meaning.

anyhow, jus enjoy ur wedding preparation... :wub:

i dono hokkien or hakka tradition la

my in law oso say must buy a pair of slippers for them. but my case more special -the GRANDMA oso wan! :rclxub:

so my MIL say since grandma oredy open mouth so jus buy for her la...

Dear all,

i never know i suppose to buy sth for my IL. neither my mum nor her, nobody tell me to do so. maybe i'm hakka. so it is different culture.

whereas, my mum requested her to get me a pair of Earring.

anyway, i bought her a nice frabric as a gift to make dinner dress la. :biggrin:

I only heard from my mom if i get marry before my older brother does, then i have to buy a pants for him " meaning go under his pants " lol... very funny right.. I have a magazine from taiwan all about brides to be, it mention alot things to prepare before married. if you need it i can post it here coz it's chinese then i'll have to translate it at here

Suzzy,

Are you a human being?

Don't be shocked by my question. Why I ask you so is because you sound like an angel.

If only all human daughters-in-law have the same kind of philosophy like what you have, then this world be inhabited by many, many more happily married couples.

You really have done the right thing. You have the heart of an angel, Suzzy. Keep it up, girl!

Is it true?

But when i ask them what should my hubby buy for my parents side? they answer me don't know.

1) should i buy for them? (BTW they will not give me any gold during yum cha session)

do brides need to buy stuff for Future Parents In Law? this is new to me. i never planned to buy anything for them :D

Is it true?

do brides need to buy stuff for Future Parents In Law? this is new to me. i never planned to buy anything for them :D

me too don't plan to buy anything for PIL. so far they also haven't requested - they're hakka, i'm cantonese.

i don't think they'll buy anything for me too. even dowry and all the "ki ling ka lang" barang they will prepare and then masuk FH's account later. they already said they will not fork out a single cent. but the choice of the restaurant, they want a say. i tried to fight back, but they beh song. SUCKS big time.