Sign in to follow this  
Fairytale

Wedding banquet payment term

I would like to know if its common for hotels to ask for 100% payment even before the actual wedding date?

My contract with the hotel stated 4 payment milestone of 25% each in which the final milestone is due 30 days before my event date.

I am worried that i may loose negotiation power if i were to pay them 100% in advance or their service may dwindle. Is this common for YTL hotels?

Do they usually let customers negotiate to hold back the final 25%? Someone enlighten me pls...

Hi,

My banquet will be the high tea at carcosa.. basically i've to pay 50% for the deposit... and another 50% 7 days before the event...

To me, I nego with the PIC for everything I want and I need before make the confirmation.

While for hotel, I'm not really sure about it, so no comment on it =D

I would like to know if its common for hotels to ask for 100% payment even before the actual wedding date?

My contract with the hotel stated 4 payment milestone of 25% each in which the final milestone is due 30 days before my event date.

I am worried that i may loose negotiation power if i were to pay them 100% in advance or their service may dwindle. Is this common for YTL hotels?

Do they usually let customers negotiate to hold back the final 25%? Someone enlighten me pls...

As far as I know or maybe just our case (kuching).

For hotel banquet, 50% 10 days before the function and 50% grace period is 3 days after the function.

My banquet is in restaurant which also with the same practice.

Fairytale,

My reception was held in a restaurant. At first they asked for 100% payment before the AD (RM1K as deposit, 50% to be paid 1 week before AD and 50% on AD). When I negotiated with the restaurant and willing to pay 75% 1 week before our AD, they allowed us to pay the balance a day after our reception. In this way, I still can nego for other things. I did ask the PIC why must they collect payment on the before or on the AD. They replied that they have history where couples delay the final payment and only paid after come back from honeymoon. According to them, some even paid few months later.

Ling,

When I asked for quotation from hotels, most of them want the payment to be settled before or on the AD (as pointed out by Fairytale). I did try to nego with them the same way I nego with Thian Court, and they still stick to their policy.

Casperina,

ha? ya keh!? mmm but what I have experience is after function. Like last year annual dinner at crown hotel, our acc dept only paid 50% before and the remanding few days after the function.

Then for banquet is 50% before and balance is a day after the dinner. mmmm .. differ restaurant with differ policy ah?!

Oh no..i have already signed the contract since the day i placed my booking fee. Possible to still nego at this juncture? I'd prefer to hold back 25% and settle on actual day / 1 day after the wedding

Maybe you can try to nego with the PIC but far as I know, normally hotel dont practice to settle the bill on the AD or 1 day after the AD. If in a chinese restaurant, they allow to settle on AD lar..

At first I also thought of having my wedding dinner at Hotel in PJ or KL but this policy really hold me back..

Hi Kiwi, u mean its normal for hotels to insist on full payment prior to AD? Not that i know of..my sis' hotel previously allowed her to settle balance amount on the night of AD. She used her ang pow collection to pay if not mistaken.

actually most hotels, are like that....

in my recent survey too most hotels, would require at least 70% to 100% payment be done prior or latest by the evening before the actual event....

well can understand that they wanna have a more secure transaction on their end... but wat should ppl like us do with the ang pow monies once collected on the banquet? can't be bringing Ks of cash around....and risk being rob...

HI Fairytale,

I didnt knw the hotel actually has this kind of clause cuz my wedding was last year and its in the hotel.

I need to pay 5K for the booking and the balance payment on AD itself. They requested credit card before the event start and we paid them cash once the dinner finished. Hotel shld be flexible. Maybe u shld negotiate on payment if u havent sign any contract with them.

Im ok to make payment via credit card on the night of AD (immediately after dinner); however not before the dinner starts / prior to AD.

Will try to speak to my SA..