I waited three days to give them a chance to explain. But I still have not heard from them.

I had a very bad experience with TOM wedding. But I must explain, that this is a case of one bad apple that spoils the bunch. I have no problem with any of the sales assistant in TOM wedding LY, in fact they were all very helpful and patient, even when I had to arrange for numerous gown trying session.

And I'm withholding my story because although I have forgiven the person who screwed up my wedding, I am still particularly angry at this other staff of TOM Wedding who is very patronizing in her service. She promised me things that the photographers DID NOT deliver, and although the photograhers apologies, I'm suprised that she, as the person who is in charge, has still yet to call me up to apologies over the blunders and humiliation during my wedding. Yes, the photographers screwed up, but it was HER who promised things that the photographers DID NOT deliver. Hence, I felt that she is more at fault, because if its not for her HIGH PRAISE and patronizing attitude (we tried to tell her how we envision the pictures to be, but she keep insisting that the photographers know what they are doing), we would not have trusted and have confidence in their services.

Of course, it could be very well our fault for trusting her too much. But then, to certain extend, I'm glad we did not engage her as our wedding planner (clue!). God knows what else would have gone wrong if we have trusted her with our ENTIRE wedding.

Funny how earlier on, she keep insisting that we trust TOM Wedding, because apparently branding is very important to them. But even after knowing more than 440 people in our wedding witnessing what lousy job TOM Wedding has done to our pictures, I have yet to hear from anyone from TOM Wedding on damage control.

Everything that was promised, from the song choice, the mood, the feel, the artwork was not delivered. All we got was a lemon that even my mum (no offence!) could have done (and even that so I dont think my mum will allow it to be shown!)

At the end of the day, the photographer apologized for her wrongdoing (which I think is the most important) but I'm still waiting for the other person who bears the weight of the lemon results that I got, to explain. Funny how a wedding planner who should understand the magnitude of the incident did not seems to notice the significance of her explanation.

I dont want to write too long a story because I want to give them a chance to explain and for them to hear my side of the story first. (I'm reserving my anger lah, kononnya!) But after 3 days of no news, I figured I better warn future brides whenever they come across a particular person (clue is above!!) in TOM Wedding to be very careful. And to perhaps think about worst case scenario, cause it happened to mine...

I promised I'll post up the entire story by the end of the week. Cause that was when I'm supposed to collect the rest of my pictures and I think one week would be long enough for me to give face to them to withhold my story that will be very damaging to TOM Wedding.

Actually, I type out many times already my story. But I keep thinking whether to post…

Monday finally managed to talk to them. Got our refund and they gave us one free album to shut our mouth. We wanted more, but the PIC said, ‘Don’t so over’. Walau, if our compensation also need to beg, then no value d right?

We’re only getting our album 1.5 months later (instead of the usual 2 weeks, excuse was busy wor). So I think we better not say anything until we get our album (lest they decide not to give us anything!)

To cut long story short, our photographer (by TOM WEDDING), screwed up our photo montage during our dinner (in front of 400++ guest). It was the photographer’s fault, that’s why we got refund and the free album. But before that also got many other things lah. The photo montage was like the BIGGEST CLOSING MISTAKE after a series of issues...

Anyway, just be careful with TOM wedding. Actually, be careful with ANY bridal shop. Because when worst case scenario happen, it all happened together. Just like us…

Sigh…

was it a different persons photo or a wrong couples name. =x

these are the usual blunders BS tend to do.

its weird but didnt u guys receive a copy b4 the dinner to check?

We WERE supposed to get a CD to check, but 1) photographers was late! and 2) their PC crashed, so they used another pc/laptop/software to do it but end up didnt burn us a CD, but instead told us the video is in their laptop instead.

I then told her TWICE during that night, to please make sure her laptop is set up properly ( i even show her who the hotel coordinator is!), since we dont have a cd to test it with.

But her mistake, she ASSUME it works (which didnt of course!).

At the end, the very nice video montage with songs that we carefully chosen turns out to be a stupid SLIDESHOW (like those like powerpoint), with pictures switching EVERY SECOND (yes, you read right, 1 second each) to music that the hotel played (dunno some crappy music that was played as contingency plan).

The thing is, even if i got the photo presentation WITHOUT audio also never mind. Turns out dunno why her software dosnt work, so i get some stupid powerpoint-like presentation.

I think maybe if I break up my stories in bits and pieces it would be easier to read...

To better understand my anger and disappointment, you all first need to know that I only rented 2 dresses and engage two photographers for my AD.

Hence, I dont have studio pictures, I dont have any packages from the bridal shop.

Meaning, I dont have any nice studio pictures to show my guest during my wedding day.

Meaning, the only picture i have is the AD photos.

Meaning, photos are VERY IMPORTANT to me.

Sigh.

FYI, i woke up crying the next morning after the dinner over this issue.

to add salt on the wound,...

The photographer who screwed up (the one who didnt test the audio/visual) was actually the photographer that we REJECTED in the first place.

The one we wanted was apparently sick from an oversea trip to taiwan and we were just informed on the EVE of our wedding! So he is sick, and guess who is the replacement!?!

So you can imagine my anger (on top of my disappoinment!) when not only the photographer of our choice is not able to make it, we were given the REJECTED photographer as a replacement.

So I thought fine. Things happened and is unavoidable. So rejected photographer it is.

But when the rejected one is the one who screwed up, can you imagine my anger???

BTW, both photographers are from TOM WEDDING.

Hi dragonballfan,

I feel sad for you. I don't know what else to say. But besides the bad things that happened, try to focus on the beautiful things that happened during your wedding day. no wedding is perfect. even during my engagement, we cooked all the delicious food, but when all the guest arrive, we realized that we forgotten to cook the rice. at first i was furious because we have been discussing abt food for months, but how can we forgotten about things as simple as rice! but my FH keep saying, pls concentrate on the beautiful part, don't dwell on imperfection.. and it does help me to appreciate and having beautiful memory of the event.

that aside, i don't think it's wrong for you to tell us what exactly happenned. it doesn't sounds like a pro job to me, and i don't understand why that PIC treat you guys like that. don't be scared to tell, you dont have any non-disclosure agreemnt with them anyway, unless u worried they screwed up (again) your album.

another option is that, I have also friends who took studio photo only after the wedding. Maybe just for the sake of having one, u might one to consider. i think it's fun, instead of some people say we too much following the trend bla bla. why not? right? when else you can play model for a day :lol:

Hi dragonballfan,

I feel sad for you. I don't know what else to say. But besides the bad things that happened, try to focus on the beautiful things that happened during your wedding day. no wedding is perfect. even during my engagement, we cooked all the delicious food, but when all the guest arrive, we realized that we forgotten to cook the rice. at first i was furious because we have been discussing abt food for months, but how can we forgotten about things as simple as rice! but my FH keep saying, pls concentrate on the beautiful part, don't dwell on imperfection.. and it does help me to appreciate and having beautiful memory of the event.

that aside, i don't think it's wrong for you to tell us what exactly happenned. it doesn't sounds like a pro job to me, and i don't understand why that PIC treat you guys like that. don't be scared to tell, you dont have any non-disclosure agreemnt with them anyway, unless u worried they screwed up (again) your album.

another option is that, I have also friends who took studio photo only after the wedding. Maybe just for the sake of having one, u might one to consider. i think it's fun, instead of some people say we too much following the trend bla bla. why not? right? when else you can play model for a day :lol:

Hi folks,

I got an extremely bad experience with TOM SS2. Really disappointed with their work and totally not professional at all. I still have not settle everything with TOM yet. Let me settle it and I will share my experiences with you all.

Just wanna update on my case.

Remember they promised me an album when I see them earlier on? They promised me an album, but I need to wait for 1.5 months (note that a normal album would only take 2 weeks), reason given was they are too busy with too many orders.

So, 1.5months later (6 weeks to be exact), i asked my hubby to call them up for an update. And guess what, they said, next week the latest.

Oh well, i've already waited for 6 weeks right? What's another week? (the reason I'm asking for the album status is just so I wanna 'close' this chapter and never had to return to TOM ever again).

Will update next week on whether I actually get my album or not (after all that happens, dont blame me for losing faith in TOM)...

to be continued...

At last, the ending of my story…

Turns out the management of TOM found out about my rants here in the forum. I wonder if the lady is also anxious to read what I have to say here…

But anyway, let me gostan and tell you what happened since.

So I got a called 1 week later to inform me that the album is ready for collection. I then told them that I’ll collect over the weekend anytime convenient to me. In my mind, I was thinking of just going in and collect the album and off I go. But two days before, the PIC called up and ask when exactly I’ll be collecting the album as she said ‘I think it will be better if I hand it over to you…’ (you’ll see later the significance of this request). So I told them when I’ll collect and hung up.

Fast forward to this afternoon, I went to TOM to collect. I didn’t want to hang around long because we were going to a lunch appointment. So I went in and asked for her to collect my album.

Out she came with the album, and asked me to check. And guess what, she casually mentioned that btw, she’ll only be working ‘till the end of the month. I’m surprised, but didn’t say much about it.

Wait…

She continued and said that the boss of TOM wedding has found out what I wrote in the website and that I’m free to call the CEO if I need any further clarification/explanation/info. I raised my eyebrow and still didn’t say anything (too surprised maybe?)

Wait…

She then continue by saying, ‘Luckily, I wasn’t depended on this job to eat. Otherwise, I’ll die because of you (in Cantonese: Bei lei hoi sei….)

-_-//

What do you say to that??

Anyway, I glanced through the album and left after she gave me TOM’s CEO’s name card, while exchanging the civil ‘thank you, you’re welcome’.

Seriously, I don’t know whether to laugh or cry?

But it did make me realized though, that this industry must be very volatile. Especially with forum like these, it certainly didn’t help at all when people are putting up names of the people who wronged them. It must be very damaging for them for all potential brides to read of certain names of a particular outlet, and everyone must be going to the shop and avoiding that particular person.

I do acknowledge this, and I made a conscious decision NOT to put any names down (however, I did mention her position, .. perhaps that’s how they found out). And their turnover must be high, because the minute anyone complain about them, they’re as good as dead, and if the management is proactive in being aware of such forums, I’m sure it will be very easy to spot anyone.

Having said that though, I also acknowledge how people tend to story their bad experience out 10 times more than those who had very good service (typical asian mentality?) And of course, it is always one-sided story, never the whole. What we put up here in the forum, is only those that we want to write down.

True, I was a difficult bride, being thick skin in asking lots of things, numerous gown trying, but mine was a pretty straight forward case with hardly any room for misunderstanding (2 dresses, 2 photographers).

But I have stated from the beginning, that service from TOM has been nothing but exceptional, accommodating in many ways. And being able to get my refund would be an indicator that there is a wrongdoing, as I strongly believe that no company would issue a refund if there is nothing wrong being done.

However, I was from the service industry line as well. We have come across many idiotic requests and personality, and I’m sure there are many forums/books that are out there available for us to read and laugh about our experience, and many of us would end up thinking, ‘sure or not these things happen??’

But it did, and its not the first time too.

I guess what I’m trying to say that yes, I was angry, yes, I was being difficult, but anyone in the service industry would agree that no matter how bad things are, there is always a better way of handling things. We can always turn around and complaint to the whole world on how stupid the customer is, but we can NEVER chide them.

The customer is NOT always right, but it doesn’t mean we can be rude to them.

Then again, I wonder if we should continue this trend of naming any SA or PIC that I’ve seen on many treads in this forum whenever negative things happen to them. I dun usually see the ending of what happened to them, but I guess, this would be one of the times that you all are able to see the ‘ending’ of a complaint.

The world is changing, and the internet IS a very powerful thing…

P/S, the album/pictures turned out beautifully, and I made my husband read through my previous post just so I don’t appear to over-exaggerate the issue.

P/P/S, do I feel guilty? Hmm, well, it did make me lost appetite during lunch and I was just looking forward to put this up. I wonder what happened to the photographer though? What do you all think?

I think SHE was exaggerating the issue and not you.

Truth be told, your complaints are perfectly valid and by her statement of "Luckily, I wasn’t depended on this job to eat. Otherwise, I’ll die because of you", she still hasn't caught the gist of the problem - her lack of proper management of your account.

Personally, if I were in the position to hire anyone in this industry, the last person I would hire is someone who makes a mistake and refuses to admit it; instead pins it on the customer - her.

Do agree with your quoted, “ppl tend to story their bad experience out 10 times more than those who had very good service. And of course, it’s always one-sided story, never the whole”… Cos everyone of us will encounter different cases, n different experiences.

No doubt the internet is a very powerful thing! From your story, we’ll be more alert and try to avoid such a situation to be happened (of cos as a bride, we cant even tolerate any peanut to be happened on our big day ;-p). So, there is always no right or wrong for posting our comments over here :cheers: . Cos, I believe the members here are bright enough to justify what they want .

Furthermore, from your story I only get to know that I’ll be the last couple that be served by that wedding planner. So far, my weddng preparation is running smooth and we’re quite satisfying with her and Tom’s teamwork. Perhaps they will keep this spirit, AT LEAST till my wedding day on 18 Oct then. ;-p (sorry gals, pls forgive my selfish by saying that :tongue: ). And, YES perhaps it's time for TOM to improve their softskills and customer service skills (so as I'll have a memorable wedding :lol: ). And thakns for M'sia brides for building up this panel for us to post out our thought.

TOM wedding.... ummmm... i also had have bad experience with this BS, on my first visit there hahahhaha. Bad service, on our third question, me and my FH agreed that the SA answered with very rude attitude. Well, we go there to spend money, to give them business, so we not expect to face this kind of bad attitude. Soon, we both agree to walk out and find another BS

Finally, we engaged GTC as our BS. All running great, we just taken our PS last week. So far very satisfy with them. They never force us to add anyhting or upgrade anything, no hidden cost.

tom wedding is a bad BS............

Agreed!

waspbee,

May I know why you say so? You are talking about which branch? Lok Yew? SS2 or Cheras???

dragonballfan ,

really feel sad for you..hope you are all right now i suppose.. (already 2010) when i read this thread ^^

personally think that every bridal shop also have double-standard, it makes things complicated, create problems but thats life and how they survive. on top with different working attitude from the employee in the bridal shop, even if 90% good job from the BS but with 1 employee that comment something that trigger your anger, it ruin the BS image utterly. i am glad we have this channel to discuss all about your most important day and make wise decision. its sad if one BS doesnt know the forum existence whereby they dont have chance to correct way of management/treated customers (many kinds) and build their business image/reputation. 1 bride could have 200 friends who going to get married; 400 friends who married but rumours which BS is good/bad at all time. and there are more channel to talk about.

i signed up package there.

the outdoor is so simple............

sound like ci chai and not put effort on it..........

just one camera........... no other accessories ............

then go to the outdoor, i have to drive somemore....... (i m groom 0).... :(

then when select pic...........

the photographer keep saying the SA give wrong information....

mean sth like your package do not have this thing... tat thing....

hope u can understand la..........

Is TOM KL...

no need go TOM lo

lousy!

Luckily I itchily browse into this yesterday... went to scout for BS and I kinda likes TOM's gowns... contemplating to sign up with them too after they throw in lots of freebies and discounts...

Now... I wouldn't even think about it!

totally agreed! tom wedding really a very bad BS.

my frend took her wedding photo at Tom, outcome was ssoooo disapointed! and she spent 4k le!!!

some of the photos in album were BLUR!!! omg.... the photos she likes not even hit her package quota...

my frend took her wedding photo at Tom, outcome was ssoooo disapointed! and she spent 4k le!!!

some of the photos in album were BLUR!!! omg.... the photos she likes not even hit her package quota...

Is the blur a kind of design? Stm they will put some pic a bit blur to bring out the front pic, if all clear, then will be all plain. You need to make sure this. And pls state out which branch of TOM.

Which branch??

So far I'm quite satisfied with their service and result althought cant said is superb but not that bad la....

Is the blur a kind of design? Stm they will put some pic a bit blur to bring out the front pic, if all clear, then will be all plain. You need to make sure this. And pls state out which branch of TOM.

I collected my wedding photo from TOM Collection at SS2.

Overall there isnt any issue with their service. But I found out that the MV not printed in album. So I question them and they said it's because the designer feel that not suit my album design. How can?? I checked my receipt, stated there 5 MV in album. Then they said print it back and put in my cover which I think is fine. But end result is only 1 MV and the size is very small. Now they said will check again. Waiting for their respond. Dunno how they gonna settle it.

Any of you encounter this issue?

Upsetting story. However I think every business has a fair share of good and bad projects they have handled along the journey. Wedding business in particular, are not spared from it and the fact that wedding happen only once in a lifetime, the damage is worst if it takes place.

Many people find out dates for a good day of wedding and some willing to pay hundreds just to get numbers of a good day. Why? In hope that the marriage would go smoothly, happy and prosperous. Whether or not people superstitiously believe in them, they rather be safe than sorry.

Same goes to other vendors in wedding. Some is unwilling to spend a little more and with a saving of say a hundred ringgit or two, they are much more willing to take a risk. Unlike other businesses, in weddings, taking a risk is actually VERY HUGE! You will live to talk about it almost forever.

There are so many players out there and surveyed and polls are put up, asking the big question of what is the determining factor of choice. One undeniable fact would always be cost. That's reality. Second of all, many go for the aesthetic value forgetting that reliability comes number 1, because without reliability, aesthetic = zero even if the gown is a gown worn by Princess Diana and is renting at a rock bottom price.

Which actually brings up the market of freelance or smaller businesses. Because the owner himself/herself is doing the work, their name matters. Because they are small and wants to get big, they try to give tip top services.

Of course everything has an exception.

It is most difficult to decide, but if at all possible, ask your vendor what are they going to do, when things go wrong?

What kinda refund would you be getting if things screw up to an unreasonable state?

One more unmeasurable choice is, how is the attitude of the person you're dealing with? Do they look like they're really passionate about what they do or are they really more passionate about meeting the sales quota of the month and making money enough to pay the rents?

Wedding photography for example, you don't want someone who comes shooting photo on your actual day with a black face just because he's there for the job. It's difficult to find someone who can share your happiness as a vendor, but it is not impossible.

Choose them early! Talk to them as a friend. See if you can make a connection, because it is the connection that is going to bring you beautiful results.

Regret to hear about the bad experiences, but everyone screws up sometime...as long as they accept and sincerely apologize compensating reasonably.

Good luck also to all bride to be! Nothing matters more than your special day! A little inconvenience sometimes can bring you lots of joy! Find the vendors yourself personally!

:)

Cheers!

I would like to praise Sean, PG from TOM Collection SS2. He really handle my case very well and patient with me. He willing to help me do my album back and printout MV for me. But because I feel troublesome to go up and down. He give me alternative to print me a copy of wedding photo as to compensate my MV. I feel satisfied with their services.

Thanks Sean & Connie.

I collected my wedding photo from TOM Collection at SS2.

Overall there isnt any issue with their service. But I found out that the MV not printed in album. So I question them and they said it's because the designer feel that not suit my album design. How can?? I checked my receipt, stated there 5 MV in album. Then they said print it back and put in my cover which I think is fine. But end result is only 1 MV and the size is very small. Now they said will check again. Waiting for their respond. Dunno how they gonna settle it.

Any of you encounter this issue?

Upsetting story. However I think every business has a fair share of good and bad projects they have handled along the journey. Wedding business in particular, are not spared from it and the fact that wedding happen only once in a lifetime, the damage is worst if it takes place.

Many people find out dates for a good day of wedding and some willing to pay hundreds just to get numbers of a good day. Why? In hope that the marriage would go smoothly, happy and prosperous. Whether or not people superstitiously believe in them, they rather be safe than sorry.

Same goes to other vendors in wedding. Some is unwilling to spend a little more and with a saving of say a hundred ringgit or two, they are much more willing to take a risk. Unlike other businesses, in weddings, taking a risk is actually VERY HUGE! You will live to talk about it almost forever.

There are so many players out there and surveyed and polls are put up, asking the big question of what is the determining factor of choice. One undeniable fact would always be cost. That's reality. Second of all, many go for the aesthetic value forgetting that reliability comes number 1, because without reliability, aesthetic = zero even if the gown is a gown worn by Princess Diana and is renting at a rock bottom price.

Which actually brings up the market of freelance or smaller businesses. Because the owner himself/herself is doing the work, their name matters. Because they are small and wants to get big, they try to give tip top services.

Of course everything has an exception.

It is most difficult to decide, but if at all possible, ask your vendor what are they going to do, when things go wrong?

What kinda refund would you be getting if things screw up to an unreasonable state?

One more unmeasurable choice is, how is the attitude of the person you're dealing with? Do they look like they're really passionate about what they do or are they really more passionate about meeting the sales quota of the month and making money enough to pay the rents?

Wedding photography for example, you don't want someone who comes shooting photo on your actual day with a black face just because he's there for the job. It's difficult to find someone who can share your happiness as a vendor, but it is not impossible.

Choose them early! Talk to them as a friend. See if you can make a connection, because it is the connection that is going to bring you beautiful results.

Regret to hear about the bad experiences, but everyone screws up sometime...as long as they accept and sincerely apologize compensating reasonably.

Good luck also to all bride to be! Nothing matters more than your special day! A little inconvenience sometimes can bring you lots of joy! Find the vendors yourself personally!

:)

Cheers!