Sign in to follow this  
Apekjolly

Month of the Hungry Ghosts

Hi everybody,

According to a Chinese traditional belief, today is the first day of the Month of the Hungry Ghosts. It's the month when the ghosts would be loitering around, so to say. So, after midnight last night, I went out my house meaning to also join them to loiter around for a while. But I met none of them. I thought of going to the graveyard, but at such an hour, I fear it was kind of weird to be seen hanging around at such a place. Moreover, if the police saw me, they could get me arrested thinking that I was up to something bad; or they could send me to the mental institution. So, I didn't go to the graveyard not because I was afraid of meeting a ghost. After all, I had been dying to meet one all my life.

My intention to meet a ghost is not because I have any mischievious aim. All I want is to make friend with them. I'm curious about their world and I want to ask them about their life in the spiritual world. So, if anyone of you are able to, sort of, direct a ghost to meet me, please do so.

I've seen people burning off paper models of PCs for the spirit beings. So, many of them must be spending quite a lot of time online. I hope some of them do log in to this MalaysiaBride forum. Thus, for those of you ghosts who happen to see this post of mine, below is my mesasage to you:

"Hi!. Nice to meet you here. How about meeting me personally? Don't be afraid of me. I won't eat you. I just to be your friend.

How you meet me?

Well, you can appear in a dream telling me where to find you; or you can materialize yourselves in my bedroom. You know all the tricks, don't you? There are a hundred and one ways you can make your presence known to me. After all, I have heard of a thousand and one stories about people meeting, seeing, or hearing you . So, why not one of you meet this someone who has been longing to meet one of you for so long?

I appeal to you all! Please meet me before you go back to your world. For the whole of this month, I shall be looking forward to such an encounter. Hmm ... if a single lady ghost wishes to meet me, why not? Oh! How romantic it would be!"

apekjolly,

Hmmm...sounds like u are really keen & looking forward to encounter one wor....

I wouldn't want to then....wish u luck.... =)

mel,

do you realize this apekjolly at another thread? I think since last year he is already waiting to meet a ghost and now, hungry ghost mth, I bet he must be 'hunger' to see them =D

I got to know from my ex-class teacher (Malay). She told me that 'fasting month' is the holy month. Their believe all the ghost/spirit been tighten up and they would not be any of them loiterring around. And so coincidence this month also fall in hungry ghost month for chinese. I wonder how would it be?? Anyone can comment? I just share what i knew/ heard before.. hehe

mel,

do you realize this apekjolly at another thread? I think since last year he is already waiting to meet a ghost and now, hungry ghost mth, I bet he must be 'hunger' to see them =D

Ling;

Of cos i do noticed that...that's why im not surprise to see this new thread at all....hehehe...

anyway....is he really serious to meet one?

steelfish,

eee .. it contradict from each other, which to listen!? =P kinda confused now.

mel,

haahhah .. am not surprise oso =P

I think he is 'hunger' to see one and I think he is serious too!

Hi Ling,

How are you? Your AD is getting nearer.. Congrates on your wedding! Wish you and your hb 'bai tou dao lao' and happy wedding!

Back to this topic:

That's why i am kinda confused too.. hehe.. let's see anyone can comment on it!

steelfish,

thanks thanks =) chun chun 1 mth from now, getting nearer and I'm getting more gan cheong la >.<

maybe we wait for apekjolly to comment it? haahhaha wanna hear his answer =P

beautifulgown,

Yupe! Here's a human who's "hungry" to meet a hungry ghost. Thanks to those who wish me good luck. I know some of you might just be sacarstic to grant me that wish; but as for me, I was dead serious when I said I wanted to meet a ghost.

You know what my problem is? Ninety-nine out of 100 people I know believe in ghosts. But I don't. So, apparently, I'm the odd one. That's why I've that burning desire to meet a ghost; just to convince myself that thoose 99 people are correct and I'm wrong.

Ghost stories which you've heard from others are not of much use to me. I've heard too many of them, and I feel like want to drop dead to hear yet another one. But if you meet one yourself, maybe it will be of some interest to me.

Well - actually what I really want is to be in contact with one myself; just to prove to myself, once and for all, that such mysterious beings do exist.

Honestly, I don't actually need any evidence to peruade myself to believe in ghosts. All I need is, to be able figure out a logical explanation as to how, why, and in what sense ghosts exist. But, unfortunately, up to today, I still can't think out a rational over the whole thing. Instead, the more I think about it, the more I'm sure there're no ghosts.

That explains why I'm so daring to challenge ghosts to meet me because I know they don't exist. I guess ghost believers would be very, very angry at me for saying so and how they wish a ghost would really appear to strangle to death to "teach me a lesson". Well, frankly speaking, that's my wish, too. But I'd rather prefer ghosts not to kill me straight away because I want to have a chance to "learn my lesson" you see. Say, at least let me "live my regret" for a few days before I die.

By the way, if ghosts exist, I'm sure they wouldn't just let me belittle and humiliate them in this manner. I mean, if I were a ghost, I'd be so furious at this Apekjolly for not believing in me that I'd want to see him suffer for it. What I'd do is to haunt him day and night until he kneels down to beg for mercy. And when I'm already satisfied, I'll then conclude my revenge by making his eyes pop out, his tongue fly out, and his blood gushing out from his mouth. And when he drops to the floor twitching and kicking like a slaughtered chicken to gasp his last breath, I'll then laugh out loud and long, and finally send him to agonize in hell forever.

Wow!!! ahh =.=!!! apekjolly, are you ok!? you sound like abnormal or mentality not stable. =D

I know you are eager to see one, mmm then try your luck on 15th where ppl praying all the 'brothers' keep yourself inside a rotan basket remember to cover yourself with rotan cover or black cloth, as believe you will be able to see them, but how true is it? I don't know .. well .. no harm to try.

During this Hungry Ghosts period, we are bound to see lots of happenings....... (This we can see, real ghosts....Hope not)

like this:

Underworld_resize.jpg

>:)

Apekjolly,

welcome back and i notice i always see u active only around this month.. y ah? just becoz u can say something to interest us or scared us away ah?

Ling,

yeah, cun cun one month.. countdown countdown

Jetfynn,

u need or not ah.. paste this type of photo here.. i thought this forum supposed to be happy one lo.. luckily here still bright and not dark yet.. gonna scared me away ah u!!

jetfynn,

Interesting picture. Thanks.

That's what many people believe. Not only is there an underworld photographer; there seems to be all kinds of professions which the souls of the departed ones take up at the underworld. What a pity -- even after death we still need to work to earn a living.

ashley,

I may be joking. But I'm dead serious on the part that I don't believe in ghosts.

juv,

yaya .. we countdown together =) so when you will come back to m'sia?

jetfynn,

hahaha if that's a ghost, then who's camera is that!? =P

apekjolly,

ahh .. how to say about you ah!? I think you really have to see "them" otherwise you won't feel satisfy if you just listen the stories from others.

so why not try my method!?

mel,

Ling;

Of cos i do noticed that...that's why im not surprise to see this new thread at all....hehehe...

anyway....is he really serious to meet one?

Yeah, how can I forget him! Me either, not surprising to see this thread!

jetfynn,

Interesting picture. Thanks.

That's what many people believe. Not only is there an underworld photographer; there seems to be all kinds of professions which the souls of the departed ones take up at the underworld. What a pity -- even after death we still need to work to earn a living.

ashley,

I may be joking. But I'm dead serious on the part that I don't believe in ghosts.

Sorry to have you confused, that "what a joke" was not meant for you, it was meant for that photo. I'm more interested in the photo than any of the other you've written. You don't have to keep on emphasizing that you're a non-believer.

Hmm.... When someone does too much of that I-don't-believe ritual, I wonder what more interests could it get......

i think only chinese ghost will come out and other races will not kua.. due to puasa month..

hehehe

beautifulgown,

Hah hah! You seem adamant in asking me to try the method you suggested (to see a ghost). I have heard of that method, too. They say, to be more effective, we should use the earth basket which the Chinese call "pun ki". The basket must be made of rotan. On the night of 15th, when all hell breaks loose for the spiritual beings, we place the basket inverted on our head and look through the crevices between the rotan canes and there we can see ghosts of all shapes and sizes. The most common type, they say, are those with long heads tapering upward and tongues hanging down loose and dripping with blood.

There's a warning, though: Don't try it if you don't have the nerve to do so! Because if you're terrified by what you see and if you fall ill because of it, you will die a yellow death!! What that means is that your body will turn yellow before you die.

Well, beautifulgown, for your sake, maybe I should really try it. After all, I have such a basket at home. But before I do it, I think I really need to take good look around first to make sure that nobody can see me. Cos I don't want them to laugh until they need to see a dentist the next day.

ashley,

A thousand apologies for my misunderstanding.

You see, what happens is, when someone steps into my home and says something, I naturally assume that he or she is talking to me. That was why when I saw you coming into my thread and say something, I thought you were talking to me. After all, you didn't address anyone's name.

However, once again, permit me to prostate to the ground, kiss your shoe, and ask for your pardon.

Anyway, at the thought that you had been so kind to have visited my thread, is already a great honour to me. And for that, I must thank you very,very much indeed.

aikksss.. after read jusco comment i suddenly recall one story.. which happened to my aunt..

My aunt saw some soul in her house at night, it was black and look like indian but without lower part of the body in the kitchen. At that time was night time, she went to kitchen without on the light yet. She said the eyes so big look at her. She told us she was not scared at the moment and she even speak him in foochow with him asked him not to disturb her and go away.. I wonder that the Indian G can understand foohow? hehe

steelfish,

I have a more scarry version of such a story to share.

It was one of the nights during the ghost month, and there was this housewife waking up around midnight to go to her kitchen to make a cup of milk for herself.

When she opened a cabinet door to take the milk powder tin, she saw a negro head inside the cabinet smiling at her. Spontaneously, she smiled back at the head and said "helo". Only when she turned around to reach for a cup, did she suddenly realised that it wasn't a correct thing to have a head smiling at her in the cupboard. That made her threw the milk tin to the floor and flew upstairs screaming her lungs out. Looking dazed and shivering in her husband's arms, she wasn't able to utter any word for a nearly 15 minutes.

Well, of course her husband went down to check, and found nothing of that sort in the cupboard. The husband had to clean up the floor which was splattered with milk powder.

The woman described the head as having curly hair, big shiny eyes, very thick lips, very white teeth, and dark pimpled skin. Rumours said there was a negro college student recently murdered around that time.

In fact, I regret to share with you this story because I fear that some ladies who read this may not dare to open cupboards for sometime to come.