Sign in to follow this  
Apekjolly

Month of the Hungry Ghosts

i think supernatural beings are unable to materialize before you as it takes a certain 'wavelength' or 'frequency' if u like for u to be in tuned with them n see them. particularly when your aura/luck is down.

this 'story' might interest you since its about believing. im just gonna cut it short for the key points.

2 drunk guys, malay n chinese walked home one night and somehow stumbled upon this big tree.

many chinese believe that big n old trees have guardians or penunggu(??) that is why u see a lot of praying stuff beneath these trees.

anyway, they decided to have a competition since they were pissed drunk to see whose beer bottle would hit the tree.

the malay guy managed to hit the tree while the china man missed.

they both then headed off home. in the middle of the night the china man was visited by the so called guardian of the tree.

the man screamed and begged it wasnt his fault n it was the malay guy who hit the tree not him, why should he be the one to suffer.

the answer was simple: the guardian said you should know better but u didnt tell him. he doesnt believe nor know about me but you do yet u did not stop him.

so far i have yet to see one face to face either but there were brushes with 'them'.

the one that left the most impression was the one during highschool.

my family and 2 of me n my brothers highschool friends followed along to a holiday trip to pangkor for new years eve.

it was at seaview resort..our usual family hotel each time. we were on the beach picnicing awaiting midnight.

if you've been there before u will know that the stretch of beach towards the left will slowly end in aburp cove.

just before the cove is an outcrop of rocks we like snorkeling at. i never liked going towards the cove as the water tended to be shallow but murky and a greenish colour. so we were about 200m from the rocks, kinda about in between the rocks n the hotel.

there were a lot of youngsters hanging around the rocks and across the sea not far away is an island with some expensive/big hotel. there was a yatch with lights, songs and drunk people laughing. somewhere nearing midnight my dad started his ghost telling sequels at the pesterings/encouragement of my high school friends. having heard many similar stories from my younger days in similar situations i decided to pass n lay down next to my mum.

my mum was laying down on the far left, me, my 2 friends sitting around my dad n my brother. their backs against us.

through all the fireworks n laughter etc. i thought i heard something which didnt quite fit in place.

i just ignored it and carried on staring at the stars above n let the noise around me fade.

again i felt i heard something, i frowned and strained my ear a little more. there i could just barely hear it below all the noise.

it stood out more because of how it made me felt then how it sounded. i half got up n rested myself on one arm and faced towards my mum who was lying down beside n let my ears hear clearer. my eyes fell upon my mum n i noticed she was also looking at me.

she gave me the impression that she wasnt just looking but staring at me like she heard it too.

i asked her then..do u hear it? she just too sat up n nodded. we both strained to listen n yes, we silently knew without saying and agreed on what we heard. mum n i got up n told the rest of them to get up quick n pack up to move back in front of the hotel beach.

they kept asking why but we just said GO. in the end..after we settled back down on the beach in front of the hotel with light pouring around,

me n mum told them how we heard a child or young female whimpering. they obviously were too engrossed n noisy to have heard it.

i knew what i heard n also the fact my mum heard it too without me saying it out made me realise it wasnt just my imagination.

out of curiosity me, my brother n the 2 others went back to the same spot in broad daylight. we walked around as it seemed no different then any other beaches in the stretch except for the denser bakau trees at the back. what we found out latter was...there was a cemetary behind those bakau trees. a malay cemetery by the looks of the head n foot stones.

Apekjolly, just want to add on here, if u really want to try the pun ki method, please stand at the road got 3 junction sharp 12am on 15th Jul (chinese calender) ! & prove to us that this method is wrong ! but I thk it is also depends on ur luck lah ! ok ? just tell us what happen after u tried it ! ( excited to know too !)

GOOD LUCK !

Here is an encounter im still wondering about.

i come from a conservative family so i didnt get to go out much for night parties or clubbing.

i just turned 18 and had never been to a club. a bunch of college friends decided to take me out.

we went to 'Bali' once a great place which turned trashy latter on. anyways, it took hell just to get my parents to agree.

i even had a lame curfew which was too darn early to be any fun. think it was about 1am or smthg like that.

however i really did appreciate the effort my parents went through just so i can happily say i have been to a disco before.

they drove all the way from rawang just to pick me up at ampang park LRT , the place my friends were to drop me off.

they arrived earlier then us and i walked across the road to get to our family car.

now..the next day my friends commented how sweet n close our family is.

so i kinda just went yeah yeah. then they said somethign weird about whole family coming to fetch me.

i was puzzled and said...only my mum n dad mah o.O

they all looked at each other and then said your brother was in the car right?

he wasnt.. he was at home sleeping like a pig!

i didnt know what to make of it and decided to tell my mum about it that night.

my mum wasnt sure what to make of it either but she mentioned that before my brother she had a miscarriage before and it was a boy.

so we kinda assumed he was hanging around the family?

it wasnt the only sighting of my possible 'brother'

i was in my design foundation year and we sometimes have alot of tools n projects like cupboards, lamps etc

i cant carry them in the ktm so mum has to drive me to college on these days.

it happened my mums sister from thailand was down for a visit so she also tagged along.

i sat in the back seat and when we arrived i got down to unload the stuff from the car boot.

a friend arrived about the same time n walked past the car and helped me with some stuff on his way up to the studio.

i collected everything n headed up after him. as we were laying out all or stuff on the tables he lightly commented on who was the lady up front.

i said it was my aunty from thailand. then he said then the guy at the back?

i looked at him n went' what guy?' this class mate was one of the ones present on that clubbing day so he also knew about the previous incident.

we were kinda shocked as it was broad daylight! he said it looked like my brother but he wasnt sure due to the reflection of trees on the car window.

@__@ who knows...that was the last he was ever spotted. he is either following me or my mum. though id say my mum would be the more likely answer.

guardian angel perhaps?

aisumomo,

You've had what might be called "close encounters" with the spirit kind. Interesting!

I had one myself similar to yours many years back. But it happened in a dream when I was a teenager. In that dream, I went to visit my grandmother's tomb. Upon arrival at the tomb, I saw a pretty young girl plucking little wild flowers that grew on the ground nearby. When she saw me, she smiled. He face was so brilliant and enchanting. It was love on first sight. After we chatted for a while, I told her I had fallen in love with her. She smiled very shyly, took my hand into hers and said, "I've someone I want you to meet; someone who looks after me since I was born."

I followed her to a place and met that someone. To my surprise, that someone of hers was my grandmother, the one whose tomb I visited. Quickly I ran to her dragging the pretty girl along. "Amaa! I called out happily! I want to marry this girl. She's so nice!"

"Oh, no, no, no my dear Nini!" she resplied, calling me with the nickname she used to call me. "You cannot marry her!"

"Why?" I asked, rather shocked.

"She is your sister!" she replied.

My heart broke, and I began to cry, and cry, and cry ...... until I woke up to find my pillow drenched in tears.

What my grandmother told me was true. I had a sister who died a few days after birth. She was burried at a location just next to my grandmother's tomb, but she doesn't have a tombstone because, according to the Chinese tradition, it is prohibited to have one for a person who dies so young.

Bao B,

Thanks for your suggestion. That's what I've heard, too - about standing at a 3-junction road.

Well, I'd very much like to try, actually. But at the thought of being seen in that condition by people who know me ..... OMIGOSH! I can imagine how people would talk about what they saw. Some may think it was a "pun ki ghost" that they saw and not me. The only thing is that they would wonder why that pun ki ghost looked like me.

Anyway, let's see if I can overcome my embarrasment when the moment comes.

beautifulgown,

I notice you already asked me quite few times as to how I'd react if I see a ghost. I think I already described it last year. But no harm to refresh your memory. I remember I said something like this: "I would be so happy that I would run down the street and shouted at the top of my voice, 'YEAH! YEAH! I MET A GHOST! I MET A GHOST!' And I wouldn't care if a car knocks me to death because then I would have the chance to become a ghost early and have fun haunting around."

This is not my encounter but I thought it would be nice to share...

My mum had a dream once, many years ago. She had gone to bed as usual but somehow during the night, felt a little chilly as if a chill wind had blown into her room - do note that the windows were closed and all. She remember seeing both her parents (deceased) coming into the room and standing by the bed. They asked "Do you need any help or anything?" and my mum replied, "No no, everything is good". Her dad went "Okay. Then we'll go. You take care, k?" And they both gave her a kiss and disappeared...and so did the chilly wind. Creepy yet all so touching.

In my case, I dreamt - during an afternoon nap - that one of my dogs, the one whom we had to put to sleep due to heartworm infection, came back to take one last look at the place and to say goodbye to me, waggy tail and all. At that time, I was (and still am) thoroughly convinced that he was happy to have been put to sleep. :smile:

Bao B,

Thanks for your suggestion. That's what I've heard, too - about standing at a 3-junction road with the "pun ki".

Well, I'd very much like to try. But at the thought of being seen in that condition by people who know me ..... OMIGOSH! I can imagine how people would talk about what they saw. Some may think it was a "pun ki ghost" that they saw and not me. The thing is that they would wonder why that "pun ki" ghost looked like me.

Anyway, let's see if I can overcome my embarrasment when the moment comes.

beautifulgown,

I notice you already asked me quite few times as to how I'd react if I see a ghost. I think I already described it last year. But no harm to refresh your memory. I remember I said something like this: "I would be so happy that I would run down the street and shouted at the top of my voice, 'YEAH! YEAH! I MET A GHOST! I MET A GHOST!' And I wouldn't care if a car knocks me to death because then I would have the chance to become a ghost early and have fun haunting around."

meiteoh,

It's an honour to see you in my thread again. Let me virtually serve you a warm cup of tea.

By the way, if your dream was really true (I'm not trying to be sarcastic), that means even a dog has a soul. How I wish that everything living thing in this world has a soul. And when we all live in a spiritual world with a spiritual god, life should be very happy and merry forever. It would be a world of no wars and no diseases because every soul would have no biological body to get sick and there would be no land, territories, and resources to fight one another for.

Anyway meiteoh, you sure did the right thing for your dog by putting it to sleep instead of letting it suffer until it dies a natural death. But there are some silly people who'd think it's a cruel thing to do. How can it be cruel when we try to end a suffering earlier than to let the sufferer suffer longer?

That's is why I support the idea of euthanasia. But unfortunately it has not been legally accepted in many countries including Malaysia. We ought NOT to dispute the fact that it is definitely a more cruel thing to do to let a terminally ill person suffer his illness until he dies. It OUGHT to be a more merciful thing to do to let him make a choice to end his own suffering. But unfortunately euthansia has not been legally and universally accepted. The reason being given by those who oppose euthanasia is that death is in the hands of god and we shouldn't intervene to decide when a person should die. But they forget that we actually already intervene when we use medical resources to artificially keep a person alive when he should have died naturally from his suffering.

apekjolly,

ohhh .. you did that? I tot you will change your reaction after a yr! =D anyway I wish you luck ya!

ahhh .. wonder how your gf/wife can tahan u =p

If in kch I know where you can see 'them' ahhh according to many people, you went to 7th mile round about drive anti clock-wise, but unfortunately the round about has converted into a traffic light junction, ops! you can't see 'them' anymore from there. =P

beautifulgown,

Occasionally, I go to my mother's tomb alone at Batu Kitang. I go there to clear the weeds and sweep away fallen leaves. That place is quite a distant from vehicle roads, so it's kind of quiet. That is the time I can hear bees buzzing and birds singing. After some work, I would sit for a while at the tomb contemplating about life. I always feel very peaceful and serene whenever I 'm all alone at the tomb. I feel a sense of tranquility being surrounded by the silent residents. And strangely, I don't feel sad to think that I will be one of them in time to come.

At one time, while I was trimming the grass, rain drops started to fall. Then I heard my mother's voice calling my name and telling me that rain had come and I must go. It was just the kind of voice that she normally used to talk to me when she was alive and fine.

At another time, near to Ching Ming time, I brought a someone with me to clean up the tomb. It was near to evening time. While we took a rest, we saw , in the sky, a very beautiful, brilliant and colourful cloud formation. We had never seen such beauty in the sky. It lasted for only about 5 minutes.

apekjolly,

ahhh .. I know Batu Kitang, that's where my grandparents, uncles and aunties resided, been there once. That's mean you ever encountered a soul (your mum) whispering to you and telling you to go home as rain will rain soon. At that moment do you say 'thanks mum'? kekekekeke

reading all these makes me feel eery and happy at the same times...

ghost are just like us.. they take care of us when alive and still taking care of us after they left the living world..

hehehehe... if u dun provoke them, i believe they will just leave u....

jusco,

How I wish what you say is true - about ghosts taking care of us. Or more specifically, about the departed souls of our ancestors taking care of us. If they can do that, then all of us who are still alive in this world would be safe and sound and peaceful and happy.

And if the ghosts of the departed can take care of us, they must also be able to punish people who are bad towards us. And if they can punish others for us, they must also be able to punish people who have been bad to them while they were still living as human beings. That means the ghosts of those who have been murdered can haunt the murderers to their deaths. If that really happens consistently, who the hell dares to commit murder? If nobody dares to commit any murder, isn't this world a very safe and peaceful world to live in? But, as you and I can see, that does not seem to be the case, isn't it?

apekjolly,

mmm .. I agree with you =D

I found out you and my HB can be good friend ah! =P My HB has been asking me lots of questions about soul and ghost, and he told me, if there is really a soul, then it should have less raping + murder cases around, for sure the person will come back to haunt him or to punish him, when I think of it .. logic. =P

He is also asking, why soul/ghost choose only certain people to see them? what's the reason? why they don't make everyone to see them especially their family? Surely their family is wishes to see them again during this hungry ghost month and it is the best time for them to reunion in once a year. Ahhh .. I have no answer :x haahhahah I don't know how to answer him =D

You mean you really want to see something like this?

Underworld1_resize.jpg

hahahaha.... ghost is something that science cant explain for the moment.. hehehehe

so, i also duno how to answer u back.. hahaa

jusco,

I don't expect you to be able to give me answers. As a matter of fact, nobody can give answers to explain in what way ghosts can exist. This is simply because they don't actually exist, but they only exist in the form of myths, beliefs and people's imaginations and hallucinations. That's why science cannot come up with even a theory as how a ghost might exist let alone produce the evidence. That's why you can't find even one tiny ghost in all the museums of the world, nor is the subject of ghosts ever being studied in the educational institutions on this planet.

beautifulgown,

What is it that you want me to comment on?

jetfynn, it's really spooky.

I just curiously ask you, from where you get these photos?

jetfynn, it's really spooky.

I just curiously ask you, from where you get these photos?

haha..jetfynn..u also here ar....tot u ony in PM..

he is a pro photg