meiteoh

Newborn and sound/noise

Just wondering if any other new mummies noticed the same thing...

Since birth, Eva has been a rather noisy baby - sometimes she gurgles, sometimes she does some whistling, sometimes it's those sounds you make when you're stretching, and sometimes it's things like burping, and what-not.

It's the sounds like wheezing and whistling that bugs me. I really wonder if that's normal or it's a sign that I shouldn't ignore. I am thinking of bringing this up with the pead when I arrive in SG (I need to find a pead first...) but would like to know if I'm just worried for nothing. :S

Any thoughts?

does the wheezing & whistling sound only happen when she's sleeping? occassional sounds or constant?

what i noticed for occassional sounds:

wheezing occassionally is a burp that's trapped deep somewhere inside. hv to use all methods to try & burp it out

whistling usually is a blocked nose, have to tilt the head & check for it. use a nose cleaner (looks like a pincer) to pull out the trapped particles.

Jaylene also the same... So we asked the Paed about those noise especially during her sleep, Pad said it's rather normal. She sleeps better if we swaddle her - less noise & struggling.

My baby did a lot of 'stretching sound' during 0-1 month. It's like the car brakes suddenly and the sound made by the tyre rubbing against the road surface. It stopped when he grows bigger.

The wheezing and whistling is usually when she's asleep but not all the time. I didn't think much about it (coz I read that newborns can be quite noisy and my SIL who is a doc didn't comment on it when she stayed with us over the weekend) until my dad asked me why she is whistling or wheezing - he keeps bugging me to find out. :/

My baby did a lot of 'stretching sound' during 0-1 month. It's like the car brakes suddenly and the sound made by the tyre rubbing against the road surface. It stopped when he grows bigger.

Yes.. yes..it's like d sound of emergency car brakes... my new born is making lots of this sounds.. normal yeah?

I mentioned in oth thread about this lastime that my bb also got a lot of sound deep in throat or nose when sleep or even sometimes when awake or when drinking milk. My paed said it is normal coz his breathing/swallowing system mayb not really matured or the "fu sik guan" still too small..asked me don't worry ! and last month I change my paed. She noticed my bb got a lot of sound even during check up by paed then she immediately listen his chest and said don't worry the sound not from his lung so no need to panic !

But last weekend when I brought him to check up and had his rotavirus, my paed said my bb maybe flu ! and asked me take flu medicine and give to my bb if found his nose is blocked and difficult to breath when sleep ! sound so scary ! but i read it in other thread that we not suppose to give bb flu medicine right ? I not yet give him....He snooring a lot when sleep, I scare it is so called blocked nose/flu ! so I give him the flu medicine ? I think it called " Antamin" if not wrong !

for snoring, just need to adjust baby's head/neck.

tilt the head upwards slightly so there's a clear passage (similar to CPR style). if needed, support the head/neck with something safe, nappy, pillow, etc. (older babies, not for newborn)