Sign in to follow this  
lazerblue47

ROM before the Wedding Dinner?

Hey gals,

Want to get some ideas/opinions from you gals... Have seen my colleague's wedding in Singapore whereby she had her ROM just before the wedding dinner start. They marched in the ballroom and went up to the stage to sign the papers & exchanged their vows. She said it only took her a good 15 minutes to do that. And by doing that she said she can have all her guests to be their witness. Cool right?

But hor... don't know if this is practical leh... and how much is it to have the registrar on site ar? Do you think the hotel will charge for this ar? Has anyone attended any similar wedding dinner before?

Many thanks for sharing! :)

In Europe, most people do that. ROM, then church, then tea, then dinner, then party. Often, only very close friend are invited for dinner but party starts about 8.00p.m

If you get get it done the same day why not? then you have ROM pix along with the AD photography.Also she is beautiful already in her wedding. gown.

but maybe a bit rush, chip sun leong, then yam moon, then ROM, maybe church, then dinner... wahhhhh

Yup, that would be the best for me also, kill two (or more) birds with one stone.

But I already ROM last year in Canada, but we ROMed at the Civic Centre, then go makan at the restaurant. It wasn't a Christian ceremony.

i ROMed in SG 3 years plus ago... then followed by lunch with family members and some close friends who witnessed our ROM. not really a celebration, but just to 'celebrate' a bit as both of us know that wedding will be far far away at that time :)

my fren had both her solemnization n wedding party by the pool.... so so romantic, with rose petals, flower pedestals, flowy white gown :)

I thought of doing that... morning 'jip sun leong', then tea ceremony, then rest for a while (as if i'll have time to rest), then go to the hotel to prepare for the ROM & dinner... my only concern is it'll drag till very late, coz u know lar, being Asians, said 7pm they'll probably come at 8pm so by the time we finish cocktail session & ROM, think the dinner will be served at 9+... sigh... maybe I should go back to the traditional way of doing it i.e. separate the ROM & dinner... <_<