fluene

Post Pregnancy Clothes

Due to pregnancy and childbirth, our bone structure has expanded. Thus, although I did not gain much weight during pregnancy, I still find that I can't fit into any of my pre pregnancy clothes. My urut lady assured me that the bone structure will shrink back to its original size by end of the year (for my case). Thus, she said that I do not have to buy a whole new wardrobe. Just 1 or 2 pieces to get through the bone shrinking period. I wonder is it true? Will our bone structure go back to its original shape / size in such short time? I don't want to spend a lot on bigger size clothes only to find that it is too large for me in a few months time.

I could only fit into my pre pregnancy pants 6-7 months down the road. as for the tops, since i'm still breastfeeding, i still cannot fit into any of my old bras, and as for the tops, well... i stopped wearing those figure hugging ones. I kinda have a flabby tummy now and with stretch marks tat just do not seem to go away, so i also stopped wearing tops which might accidentally bare my tummy when i'm out and about with baby.

Truth be told, i changed about 70-80% of my wardrobe coz i got sick and tired of trying to fit into clothes i did not look good in anymore. as for the bone structure, my hips expanded and i can feel the difference even until today when i wear my old bottoms. I might have lost the fats around my butt and hip area, but my bones did not shrink in my case. But for my case, i think the pain from my c-sec deterred me alot from exercising off those fats. When i felt the pull at the ops area, i just stopped.

I also have that belly band that gives a layering effect when i wear shorter tops to cover my tummy.

anyway, nowadays, i have a tendency to choose comfortable clothes instead, especially when my gal has grown into a toddler and i have to run up and down with her, so comfy and flexible clothes are a must for me now. i even changed all my shoes - more flats now, with non-slippery soles.

I gained a lot of weight during my pregnancy and confinement period. Although I lost weight since then, I have yet to be able to fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes. My hips have expanded and I have a muffin top now. I doubt I could ever fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes..ever!

And another thing that's depressing is that my feet has also gone bigger. I used to wear a size 7 and now I wear a size 8. Just few days ago, I walked into Vincci and tried on some heels. Wah seh..I couldnt jam my big broad feet into the heels. I felt like Cinderella's ugly stepsister trying on the glass slippers. :sad: Needless to say I walked out without buying anything.

i guess it depends on individual body type & weight loss is gradual. lost the kg's but still waiting for bone structure. in the meantime, just take the opportunity to go shopping :P

heheh, even without pregnancy, childbirth obviously we would still go shopping & buy new clothes! just buy a few nice & comfortable pieces for the meantime. anyway, i dont think i'll be wearing some of my old tops even if they fit, they do look rather tight now....also, not suitable for breastfeeding or carrying baby. on the plus side, boobs are bigger!

after such a life-changing event, i dont think its surprising that the body shape will change slightly. :)

Fluene..

I didn;t gain much weight during pregnancy too..I can fit into my old clothes after confinement. Now I even thinner than before pregnancy. So can fit into my old old old clothes...however, I still do shopping, not aggressive la ofcoz.

Boobs are bigger if we breastfeed? This doesn't apply to me. my boobs are smaller than last time, like "flat airport" now..maybe because of the weight loss. :dash2: :dash2: :dash2:

I can fit into most of my working shirt but not for pants. I used to wear size 38 (M) pants and I still able to stuff myself some of them depending on the cutting (no skinny pants). So far I only bought 2 new pants size 40 which is more comfy but I dun intend to buy more as I still hope to fit into all my own clothes.

With the help of girdle and firming lotion, I managed to shed 2 inches off my tummy and 1 inch off my thigh.

fluene, don't worry, u r not alone ! even ppl said I just looked like before I pregnant but I also can't fit in some of my previous clothes ! especially pants ! most of my clothes r very fit one, so I have to pick which can wear comfortably now loh. I also don't think to waste $ to buy bigger clothes coz hopefully can fit in all soon !

For me, I can fit into both my old pants & tops (chest area tight due to breastfeeding) once I got back to work. I dont feel my bone structure got bigger & I am still wearing same size shoes. I guess different people, different "reaction".

I will suggest to wait a little bit longer before buying too much. With breastfeeding AND taking care of twins, you might even lose more weight. I weigh even less then before I got pregnant.

For me, after 2 months confinement, i cant wear all my clothes b4 pregnant. So i have to buy some working shirt and pants. I bought M size. Then after 1 month++, M size very loose for me alr.. I have to buy S size pants and can wear back my ols pants too. But all my working shirts still can not wear. I can wear S size but the breast part sure can not fit!!! Then M size breast part ok but ll looks very big size to me.Very 'cham'!! Really dunno how to buy shirt/blouse!! Anyone got this problem too?

Beibei, clothes in M'sia are like that. Meant for women with no breasts. I always have problems looking for tops that fit me around the chest and this was even before I got pregnant. =.=

For me, after 2 months confinement, i cant wear all my clothes b4 pregnant. So i have to buy some working shirt and pants. I bought M size. Then after 1 month++, M size very loose for me alr.. I have to buy S size pants and can wear back my ols pants too. But all my working shirts still can not wear. I can wear S size but the breast part sure can not fit!!! Then M size breast part ok but ll looks very big size to me.Very 'cham'!! Really dunno how to buy shirt/blouse!! Anyone got this problem too?

Yup, i face the same problem, for the tops everywhere can fit except for the chest part. Looks like my breasts are gonna pop out! tat is also why i can't wear some of my old tops and even if i can wear it, i look weird. So now i've kinda stopped buying those slim cut fitting blouse.

I gained total 18kg, and now still got 7-8kg left on body. Last night just tried on my old working pants, can fit in already now, then tried on my tightest jeans ever, my most fit jeans I was wearing before preg, can pull all the way up, but left 2 inches before can button up and zip up. OK way better than before already, when tried many months ago, I couldn't even pull the pants up higher than knee. I have yet to try my old tops again, got very very disappointed the last time I tried a few which was many months ago. Now when I open my wardrobe of my old tops, I feel they are so tiny and short, almost forgotten how I used to wear those without a single problem. Now want to gain courage to try on them again, as I have very few working and outing clothes now. Last time I was S-M size. After confinement, I bought a few L and XL bf tops, so that easier to bf when bring bb out. I wear some to work too, coz really don't have enough tops to wear to work. Now I have shrunk back to S-M size, but yes boobs are bigger, that's why if I put myself back to S top, look very weird, and the top looks short and can't even reach my waist line. Recently I heard a colleague said that it'll take 1 year to get back pre-preg size, is it true? Now already 10months for me, kinda worried if 2 months later still the same then it'll persist my whole life.

Beibei, even I can wear most of my blouses & skirts before pregnant & some jeans too but also found bit uncomfortable or some can't fit in for the upper part ! I thk boobs become fuller compare to before loh...so difficult to find new clothes too.....:(

Went shopping these 2 days and ended up feeling frustrated. I can't find any clothes that suit me at all!! Those I like are too small, those fit me make me look like auntie. :angry: I feel like Hulk when I tried on clothes. As though the clothes are going to break apart anytime. I'm getting desperate as my BIL's wedding is coming soon and I have to get a dress for the occassion.

I felt the same when I first went to fabmum and tried on the nursing clothes, had to fit on L and XL when I used to wear S tops. Felt like aunty indeed. In fact, nowadays when I am with bb, I feel l ike aunty also, but when I go to work, I get to at least dress up a bit and makeup, less feeling like an aunty. Think if I don't work, will 24/7 feel like aunty, unbearable! fluene, bear with it and work on shedding weight. Think of 6-12mths later u can fit back old clothes and feel good again. It's good compliments when I kept getting comments from my mum, and colleagues that I am very much slimmer now compared to at the beginning when just given birth. Think of top/dress/jeans that you love most and imagine that 1 day you can fit in it again. I do that from the beginning, I use my tightest jeans as target, and my tightest white, nice top as target too.

Perhaps it is because I am wearing newly bought clothes or perhaps I have finally come to term with my post pregnancy body. I do not feel as aunty now anymore compared to a few weeks ago. I have even lost some weight and only 1kg to lose before I'm back to my pre pregnancy weight.

I have change most of my wardrobe after I delivered my gal. Though I can wear all my pre pregnancy clothes 3 mth after delivered, I still buy new clothing for nursing purpose. Nowadays those nursing clothes looks so nice that sometime we didn't even realized it's a nursing wear.

4 months after childbirth, I still can't wear my old clothes. Skirts and jeans are ok. Can't wear any old blouses as my shoulders are broader and chest also bigger. Will we ever get back our old figure after we stop breastfeeding? Chest is bigger due to bigger breasts.

Fluene, you're not the only one. Already before pregnancy, I'm one of those gals who puts on weight very easily. Now after birth, even with the breastfeeding, it's awfully slow. But I don't see it as something negative or sad la - I'm working hard by going for yoga and taking Eva out for evening walks (despite the rain) so I believe, in time, we'll be back in "good" shape not necessarily our old body shape.

Mabel I have been flat chested all my life. Been teased about it so much. Used to feel very hurt when being called names like 'aeroplane runway', etc. But now that my breasts are bigger, I feel ashamed of them pulak.

My tummy is bigger and rounder too. But I know this can be rectify by exercise.

Do you ladies wear button up tops for breastfeeding when you guys go out? Ive been looking for nicer looking button up tops but cant seem to find any. Its hard to breastfeed baby when wearing t-shirt, etc

i wear nursing shirts from momsinmind. comfortable & wasy to nurse in public.

Do you ladies wear button up tops for breastfeeding when you guys go out? Ive been looking for nicer looking button up tops but cant seem to find any. Its hard to breastfeed baby when wearing t-shirt, etc