Sign in to follow this  
jean_jj

Spectacles

Hi Girls,

Just wanted to check where do u normally go to make your glassess? I'm a speckie, too afraid to go thru the laser treatment, so here I am asking where do you girls normally shop for your spec?

Hi Girls,

Just wanted to check where do u normally go to make your glassess? I'm a speckie, too afraid to go thru the laser treatment, so here I am asking where do you girls normally shop for your spec?

Hi hi jean! Coincidentally ive juz got maself a new pair of specs from MALAYA OPTICAL, DAMANSARA UTAMA branch. The boss there, Ryan is a very friendly guy. The optrician, Joan also very helpful and detail lor. She give u a full check up on your eyes and gives u some information on how to care for ur eyes. Cos i have lots of red veins due to long time of wearing contact lense. I got a MARC JACOBS spectacles, orginal price is rm 700.00 but give me offer of 50% coz they having promo. Abt rm350.00 but ma power is 475 degrees n give me a good lense so abt rm590.00 lor. Depends ur budget also lar. Dey have so many brands and different frames. U can alwiz voice out ur opinion and negotiate e price wit em lor. =)

Hi Miemie,

Thanks for the info. I am scouting around and found some that I like, just last weekend I saw one at Paris Miki 1U, the spec alone is 940, they are only giving 20% discount max, I forgot their brand already, but not some very fancy brand. Which I think they can actually still give discounts and just refuse to give me more that's why I walk away, coz the spec plus the lense gonna cost me about 1k!! Frankly I think 1K for a spec seems kinda expensive. Anyway, I will check out Malaya Optical @DU. They are nearby which part of DU btw?

Hi Miemie,

Thanks for the info. I am scouting around and found some that I like, just last weekend I saw one at Paris Miki 1U, the spec alone is 940, they are only giving 20% discount max, I forgot their brand already, but not some very fancy brand. Which I think they can actually still give discounts and just refuse to give me more that's why I walk away, coz the spec plus the lense gonna cost me about 1k!! Frankly I think 1K for a spec seems kinda expensive. Anyway, I will check out Malaya Optical @DU. They are nearby which part of DU btw?

http://malayaoptical.com/Practices.html#MOUP here's the map :)

I usually get my specs from the optician near my house in Seapark. Been patronising her since I moved down from Shah Alam to PJ - she had first opened her shop then. Now, even my HB gets his specs from her. :smile:

The most expensive I've paid for a pair of specs is RM350 and my coloured contacts were less than RM200.

i usually move around. dont really stick too long to one shop as i notice they tend to take it for granted after a few years.

if u like fancy stuff and wanna change glasses often as fashion statement then A-look is kinda fast n have a wide range.

quality wise is the downside as their stuff isnt meant to last years. my hubby likes to go there.

i have a bad habit of getting attached to a single design n keep buying back the same one. weird i know.

but i do get spares in other designs lah. obsessive compulsive disorder hahaha

i've been wearing glasses since primary school n i have to say im sick of it >.<

not only does my glasses cost more, it also takes longer to collect as my power n astig is high so they dont keep stock of it.

this is especially true with contact lenses. so i alwasy need to buy spares just in case.

if not i'll probably be as blind as a bat for several days and doing nothing but sitting around.

i am planning to finally go for a laser since we've managed to save up enough for it ^__^.

hopefully then i can say bye bye to my glasses.

I get my spec from a optical shop call Philmay. It means Philipine & Malaysia and run by a family.

The wife is a certified Philipino Optometrist (Doctor Level). I have been sticking to their service since I was a teenager.

They managed to control my 'power' not to increase drastically by prescribing the right power, adjustment & etc.

For my case, they are my family friend, I save a lot of money to get a spectacle. Else where, I can buy my contact lenses.

Just hope you all be careful because Most of the optical shop don't hire any Certified Optometrist.

Especially those chain retails. They have but not every branch have it.

Usually, they share resources.

Hi Xiaomaomi,

Thanks for sharing, can give the address of the optical shop?

Just to share an experience......

As I'm scouting around for spec... I've been going to a few shops recently and some do offer free eye check on your power and being the kiasu me, if they offer, I will always do their eye test. Most of the time, my readings are the same L:-1.75 R:-2.0 and Astig is 50 for both eyes and there is this particular popular chain optical shop that I went to, did the eye test and the optician told me both my eyes are -2.0 with no astig :wacko3: I did ask her repeatedly just to make sure I didn't her wrongly, so now I dun think I'll go to that shop again no matter how good their bargain is :P

Hi MeiTeoh,

I stay in SEA Park too!! Which shop did you go to?

Sometimes I am a bit shy to walk in to those Optical shop not located inside the shopping centre, coz I'm fussy with the design, I must find the one I like then only I'll buy and I will not buy if I'm 50-50 like the spec only :P hahaha even my mom also cannot tahan me. Anyway to cut the long story, I felt bad after trying for many spec and end up walking out the shop buying nothing :P

Jean, it's the one along 20/9 next to New Seaview Restaurant. :smile: Am planning to go back to KL in Nov just to make new specs. :lol:

Mei, Din notice that row got optical shop, maybe i missed that out, so far I know near by 7-11 that side got a few shops. Maybe this weekend let me go there to check it out as well :)