Ginnee

Bridal House comparison (oversea photo shooting)

Dear all,

Im the new bride to be for 2010, actual date is in November 2010, still long way to go :)

I hv just signed up a photo shooting in Taiwan, local bridal house to liaise with is De Paris KL, which is so called the 'subsidiary' of the Taiwan bridal house.

The Taiwan bridal house is NY1999 (www.ny1999.com).

We signed the package, at the end realize it not inclusive of my actual day's wedding dress and dinner gowns, have to top up 1k for the dresses rental from De Paris, or go for option 2: rent from Taiwan for only rm680, but pay for the shipment nd hv to send the dress and gowns for cleaning.

Anyone of you here also signed the same package? Or any advise to those who has came back from Taiwan photo shooting?

thanks

Hi Ginnee,

Congratulations on your engagement! I am also getting married only by end of 2010. Long wait. haha

Did you sign the package during their fair at 1utama? I was there with my FH too. We had their taiwanese photographer showing us some of his work. Looks pretty good. We didn't sign though because their quantity of dresses for actual day very limited. Which package did u take? Maybe can pm me. I can share with you the package they offered (they were trying very hard to get my FH and I to be sample for their bridal studio, so they included several items to top-up the package, maybe you can try to negotiate with them to add-on for free).

Cheerios!

Dear all,

Im the new bride to be for 2010, actual date is in November 2010, still long way to go :)

I hv just signed up a photo shooting in Taiwan, local bridal house to liaise with is De Paris KL, which is so called the 'subsidiary' of the Taiwan bridal house.

We signed the package, at the end realize it not inclusive of my actual day's wedding dress and dinner gowns, have to top up 1k for the dresses rental from De Paris, or go for option 2: rent from Taiwan for only rm680, but pay for the shipment nd hv to send the dress and gowns for cleaning.

Anyone of you here also signed the same package? Or any advise to those who has came back from Taiwan photo shooting?

thanks

Hi Ginnee,

Congratulations on your engagement! I am also getting married only by end of 2010. Long wait. haha

Did you sign the package during their fair at 1utama? I was there with my FH too. We had their taiwanese photographer showing us some of his work. Looks pretty good. We didn't sign though because their quantity of dresses for actual day very limited. Which package did u take? Maybe can pm me. I can share with you the package they offered (they were trying very hard to get my FH and I to be sample for their bridal studio, so they included several items to top-up the package, maybe you can try to negotiate with them to add-on for free).

Cheerios!

Dear all,

thanks

Hi....

we signed the package already... we signed on the day they approached us in 1Utama... My boyfren likes taiwan alot, cos he has been thr b4.

they didnt offer any dresses for my actual day... We went back to 1Utama immediately while we one the way home, they said i need to top up RM1k to rent 3 dresses from kl De Paris... Another option is, pay RM680 to get dresses from taiwan, but hv to pay shipment fees and cleaning for them. You said they provide dress for your actual day if u sign up, but how much the package for tat? Im so unhappy, cos they wan me to pay for the dressess besides the package price :sad:

they never offer us to be 'sample' or whatever... they just free us some stuff such as bigger inches for the big framed photo, discounted price, but also lesser photo.

hmmm.... i hope everything is well whn do hpto shooting in taiwan :)

hi ginnee,

i'm also bride for Nov'10. when is ur actual day yea?? by the way, congrats!!!

i'm also signed up the package with Taiwan bridal shop which partner with DeParis. but the studio is not name by NY1999, but it's marry-me.

going to take the photos shooting by this nov neh....exciting la...hehehe

Hi ginnee,

I did my PS in taiwan also but i rented my AD gowns separately here in m'sia bcoz my BS in taiwan doesnt liase with any BS in m'sia. If i were you, I would have gone for topping up RM 1k for 3 gowns rather than RM 680 for one gown. Rental of RM 300+ per gown is considered reasonable as compared to other BS which easily goes up to RM 1.2k per gown.

Hi jesyws...

mine is 13th Nov 2011, will be going taiwan in May, but hvnt book flight yet, not yet confirm whc day of May also.

Congratulations to u too... must share with us your photos taken in Taiwan ya ^,^

hi ginnee,

i'm also signed up the package with Taiwan bridal shop which partner with DeParis. but the studio is not name by NY1999, but it's marry-me.

Hi "just me",

actually the RM680 is 3 dressess also, it just tat we duno hw much the shipping fees only, one problem to consider also the size and measurement, cos im taking photo in May, if to rent from them, gotto let them measure my body in May also, wat if i put on weight or lose wight in Oct/Nov (mr wedding Nov).... so i stil hvnt decide yet...

whr did u rent the gowns frm?

regards

Hi ginnee,

I did my PS in taiwan also but i rented my AD gowns separately here in m'sia bcoz my BS in taiwan doesnt liase with any BS in m'sia. If i were you, I would have gone for topping up RM 1k for 3 gowns rather than RM 680 for one gown. Rental of RM 300+ per gown is considered reasonable as compared to other BS which easily goes up to RM 1.2k per gown.

Hi "just me",

actually the RM680 is 3 dressess also, it just tat we duno hw much the shipping fees only, one problem to consider also the size and measurement, cos im taking photo in May, if to rent from them, gotto let them measure my body in May also, wat if i put on weight or lose wight in Oct/Nov (mr wedding Nov).... so i stil hvnt decide yet...

whr did u rent the gowns frm?

regards

Hey Ginnee,

:oops: I misinterpret RM 680 for one gown pula..hehe..if that's the case, then the rental is reasonable la..but then again u were right about the shipping fees..I remembered spending approx. RM650 just to courier my albums over by Fedex...the weight of 3 gowns may be quite heavy hence higher charges...

regarding ur body measurement, izzit possible for u to get the gowns altered by the BS which they liase here?

that way, u can select the gowns in taiwan, get them shipped here and once they reach here, u can ask ur SA to take down ur measurements and get it altered...

btw, i got my gowns from aspial :biggrin:

Hi,

I am also one of DP customer which will take PS at local. I m intended to change PS at Taiwan. Can anyone mail me their Taiwan package details? Which Taiwan BS they liase with? My email is csmelle@yahoo.com

hi ginnee,

Dear Jesyws,

U sign up directly with DeParis to Taiwan or with Marry-Me BS?

Hi ''just me'',

how much Aspial charge for gowns? i hope to get cheaper ones, since the shipping fee so expensive, rm680 for album only!!

so scared of spending so much now, cos things seems out of budget...

regards,

Ginnee

Hi Ginnie,

If I remembered correctly, DeParis KL offered (at 1utama fair) package for Taiwan pre-wedding shoot includes dress for actual day also leh (1 wedding gown and 1 evening gown, groom has 1 suit). Which package did they offer you? The dresses for pre-wed photo will be provided by the BS in Taiwan, while the dresses for actual day will be by DeParis.

Btw, we both share the same AD - 13th November 2010! What a coincidence. I am still hoping to find a good BS and package to go to Taiwan for photoshoot. Arranging for May 2010. Maybe we will bump into each other. Haha. Keep me posted.

Cheerios!

hi ginnee,

Dear Jesyws,

U sign up directly with DeParis to Taiwan or with Marry-Me BS?

hi, sorry for late reply cos din notice this threat for someitmes.

i signed up directly with the Taiwan BS i/o DP. but their partner is DP.

Dear Babyelcipse,

wat a coincidence to have the same AD with u, whr will u ahve ur wedding dinner? i cant find any restaurant on13th, all fully booked, shd be doing it on 14th nov lo...

for the De Paris taiwan package, i find that they really offer different different packages to different people, so not professional... i hv went bck ask for the dresses n gown, they said they wont provide gown with FOC, i must pay 1k if rent from de paris.

sigh...

u may email me at ginnlcy@gmail.com :)

Hi Ginnie,

If I remembered correctly, DeParis KL offered (at 1utama fair) package for Taiwan pre-wedding shoot includes dress for actual day also leh (1 wedding gown and 1 evening gown, groom has 1 suit). Which package did they offer you? The dresses for pre-wed photo will be provided by the BS in Taiwan, while the dresses for actual day will be by DeParis.

Btw, we both share the same AD - 13th November 2010! What a coincidence. I am still hoping to find a good BS and package to go to Taiwan for photoshoot. Arranging for May 2010. Maybe we will bump into each other. Haha. Keep me posted.

Cheerios!

HI Jesyws,

I hv ask the marry-me BS. They say they no partner with DP? Are u sure is partner with DP?

yea..marry-me did told me and tat day DP also there. I have the form from DP for gowns renting 1 wor. anyway, marry-me did told me that lots ppl complain bout DP so they have intention to switch and look for other BS. But, no idea what's going now. will check when i meet them.

thanks ya.

How bout u? u signed with them also?

HEllo~ Im still new here~ I signed with POSH WEDDING to Taiwan too.. In end of april..I request not to rent any gown for AD cox my AD is not at KL... And I own a FOC white gown which included in my packages.

HI Jesyws,

I hv ask the marry-me BS. They say they no partner with DP? Are u sure is partner with DP?

yea..marry-me did told me and tat day DP also there. I have the form from DP for gowns renting 1 wor. anyway, marry-me did told me that lots ppl complain bout DP so they have intention to switch and look for other BS. But, no idea what's going now. will check when i meet them.

thanks ya.

hi,

actually i hv sign up a package with DP but PS in local. I am intended to change my package to take PS at Taiwan. I am start worrying coz as u say many clients also complain DP about their service. Maybe if can i might chnage to this Marry-Me BS. My friend who sign up with them also satisfied with their service.

HI Jesyws,

thanks ya.

hi,

actually i hv sign up a package with DP but PS in local. I am intended to change my package to take PS at Taiwan. I am start worrying coz as u say many clients also complain DP about their service. Maybe if can i might chnage to this Marry-Me BS. My friend who sign up with them also satisfied with their service.

hi csmelle,

since u had signed up so just let it be....dun waste ur money. maybe u r good luck and meet a good staff who service u.

by the way, i'm just coming back from Taiwan PS at marry-me. it's fantastics trips and shooting. i like it very much and enjoy it. the photography and make up artist is prof and frendly even their staff...haha..miss it so much. thought wanna take it again!!! the outcome also not back and i like it very much. one thing i feel sad is.....i shud try more and more gowns since it's just once in life...kekeke...all gowns that they choosed for me also suitable to me so i din choose again....hah...shud try more. :lol:

Dear all,

thanks

Hi Ginnee,

have you done your photo shooting from NY1999?? how is it??can share the opinion??