Sign in to follow this  
yee0808

>10 reasons why JAYA PALACE is NO NO !!!

ji muis.. i just held my reception in Jaya Palace 2 days ago.. and I cannot stop myself from cursing them.. if you have booked or considering booking this place, please think twice.... this place really sucks.... trust me .. don let them spoil your once in a lifetime moment.........

1. Mess up Seating Arrangement

- they never follow the seating plan that given to me.. end up all my guest sit far from each other which in my seating plan is suppose to sit together

2. Never serve liquor

- They never pour any liquor to my guest.. never... until i notice and make noise then only they start doing this..... can you imagine i have 45 tables and yet the whole night only 2 bottles of hard liquor is opened? and that 2 bottle is from me myself who brought it ot the guest table?? My friends and my relatives all complain to me saying that they hardly able to get beer...

3. Use Wine Glass to serve chinese tea

- can u imagine a restaurant using wine glass to serve chinese tea??? they don even have proper glass for chinese tea??

4. Slideshow

- they never play my slideshow properly.. spoil my wedding slideshow..... totally sucks

5. champaign glass pyramid fall

- they never stack up the champaign glass properly, end up all the glasses fall to the floor when we started to pour and yet they come and tell me no more glasses already..... no back up??

6. delay in processing payment

- we ask for bill payment or at least take up some of our cash and end up they take 30 mins after we repeatedly demand only they come to our service...... very very poor.. i use to help out in friends and relatives wedding, they are very attentive to customer's service..... not like this one.. sucks

7. overcharge for beer

- i hardly see anyone drinkign beer.. and yet they charge me for 78 bottles.. this is a lesson to everyone.. partly is my mistake oso thinking that they will not do such a thing.... i can hardly see ppl drinking beer but they just make up the figure.......and yet my wine and liquor is all left behind

8. arrange someone sing karaoke in the room

- i understand from business stand point, they cant reject any other bookings but i already told them dont arrange to sit in the room near to my reception.. they said they only do so if they have 7 tables or other rooms is full but then the thing is NO... all other rooms is empty (i ask my spy go check) and worst still.. they are singing karaoke sound and loud in the room.. can u imagine?? we are outside enjoying some slideshow with light music and inside singing hokkien karaoke.......

9. curi my decorator candle plate

- at the end of the event, my decorator having tough time to find back his candle plate and they said they never see.. no.. ask 10 person, 10 tell you no... but end up we found all nicely washed in the kitchen...... come on la..... its just candle plate.... they should know its not theirs ma..... why wan to keep..... somemore said on have la.. din see it la......

10. manager attitude problem

- the restaurant manager is really a s**k guy.. not accomodatng.. when i make complain, he still defend said no la.. don have. we are doing ma..... when i ask for help.. he said wait la.. etc.....nvr once he say attend to our request properly......... beh tahan ar...........

so for all ji mui out there, if you have book this place, please think twice... don let my bad experience happened on your day!

more here....... forgot to add on until being reminded by my friends :P

11. the bridal room is total failure, its just like a store room full of their plates etc.. end up we were given a dining room for our make up .. but that is after few times argument with them.... and yet the door is not lockable..... ishhhhhh

beh tahan ar.......... feel like calling to 1fm and complain there :P

12. got 1 more ar.... they use chinese foul language to scold me outside the door when i complain them for late delivery of food to me and my vendors before the dinner start..... how horrible rite?

ishhh still veli mang....

champagne glass fell...aiyoh..sure all the glass pecah. Since they dun have backup glass, then, no champagne pyramid pouring lah, is it? How's the waiter & waitress over there? Are they alert or mcc (mung cha cha)? Anyway, so sorry to hear bout this.

Oh my goodness.. with each point you list, the more I go :ohmy: I'm so sorry to hear the venue was so horrid to you :angry: Definitely going to recommend future brides to think twice (or read your post) before booking with Jaya Palace!

But I hope that other aspects of your wedding was wonderful (saw your other post and saw, thankfully, your other vendors did a great job, good for you!) -- let those aspects outshine the bad in your memory, ok?

thanks ji mui...ishhh still very unhappy with them

cat-cat - can try noble banquet.. my first choice initially but then was fully book lo .. sigh that's ended up in this horrible place

panda - they over charge me somemore.. but then my mistake also la.. give them too much cash to keep so no way to take back lio.... ishhhh angry

golden - ya lo..... they not only mcc but show sour face also..... as if i owe them money like that....... veli terrible.. and when i complain they used 4 letter words behind me to talk abt me....

jnghh - mmm can be more perfect if not spoiled by this restaurant.. hahaha i am very fair person... who did well then must compliment, did bad then must complain hahahah.. at least can share my experience with others ma.....

hi yee,

i'm so sorry to hear your bad experience with jaya palace.

in fact, it's one of the restaurants in my list cos i want to look for nice restaurants in PJ area. In the end, i chose Imperial Garden Tai Thong next to Armada Hotel. My family and hubby's family know the senior restaurant manager, and he was very nice and accommodating to us during food tasting. With same price, he changed almost 80% of the dishes for us. The revised menu looks much better than the one printed on their wedding brochure. So, I hope they wont screw up my wedding dinner (fingers crossed).

Hmm, is Jaya Palace under some big group like Tai Thong? Cos if it is, maybe u can complain to them teruk teruk. Some more u booked so many tables with them...u have the right to complain as an unsatisfied customer. You can also threaten to write to the media. For me, its no harm writing the complaints cos I'm not in the losing end..we all should deserve some form of compensation! good luck yah!

Hi gals,

Just to add-on .. i've attended a wedding dinner there during the Raya. The food is tasteless & cold, Lot of pillars blocking the view. they even arrange guest to sit inside the room behind the stage ?? NOT advisable if you hav more than 30 tables. If u notice, they mention the place able to accomodate up to 80 tables. Be prepare your guest might not be able to view the whole process, bcoz there is a divider wall in between the 2 entrance to main hall.

future BTBs, Jaya palace will be your last option. Just my comments as guest attending the dinner there.

Hi gals,

I held my wedding dinner in this restaurant too...

I do agreed with some of the bad points..

1) no one managed and properly played the slideshow...

2) Pillar blocking the views..

3) For small hall..the stage and projector are too small.......hardly seen by guests sit near the entrance..

4) Sound system is bad...guest sits near the entrance hardly hear the music played..

5) Waiters wasted lost of my wine and hard liquor..They pour 1 full glass of red wine to those who asked for red wine..and half a glass of neat hard liquor to some of my guest..how to drink ?? When i complained to the manager..he told me..this is the way else when dinner start "WE GOT NO TIME to SERVE DRINK !!!" what a irresponsible excuse !!

ji muis.. i just held my reception in Jaya Palace 2 days ago.. and I cannot stop myself from cursing them.. if you have booked or considering booking this place, please think twice.... this place really sucks.... trust me .. don let them spoil your once in a lifetime moment.........

- they never follow the seating plan that given to me.. end up all my guest sit far from each other which in my seating plan is suppose to sit together

2. Never serve liquor

- They never pour any liquor to my guest.. never... until i notice and make noise then only they start doing this..... can you imagine i have 45 tables and yet the whole night only 2 bottles of hard liquor is opened? and that 2 bottle is from me myself who brought it ot the guest table?? My friends and my relatives all complain to me saying that they hardly able to get beer...

- can u imagine a restaurant using wine glass to serve chinese tea??? they don even have proper glass for chinese tea??

4. Slideshow

- they never play my slideshow properly.. spoil my wedding slideshow..... totally sucks

- they never stack up the champaign glass properly, end up all the glasses fall to the floor when we started to pour and yet they come and tell me no more glasses already..... no back up??

- we ask for bill payment or at least take up some of our cash and end up they take 30 mins after we repeatedly demand only they come to our service...... very very poor.. i use to help out in friends and relatives wedding, they are very attentive to customer's service..... not like this one.. sucks

7. overcharge for beer

- i hardly see anyone drinkign beer.. and yet they charge me for 78 bottles.. this is a lesson to everyone.. partly is my mistake oso thinking that they will not do such a thing.... i can hardly see ppl drinking beer but they just make up the figure.......and yet my wine and liquor is all left behind

- i understand from business stand point, they cant reject any other bookings but i already told them dont arrange to sit in the room near to my reception.. they said they only do so if they have 7 tables or other rooms is full but then the thing is NO... all other rooms is empty (i ask my spy go check) and worst still.. they are singing karaoke sound and loud in the room.. can u imagine?? we are outside enjoying some slideshow with light music and inside singing hokkien karaoke.......

- at the end of the event, my decorator having tough time to find back his candle plate and they said they never see.. no.. ask 10 person, 10 tell you no... but end up we found all nicely washed in the kitchen...... come on la..... its just candle plate.... they should know its not theirs ma..... why wan to keep..... somemore said on have la.. din see it la......

- the restaurant manager is really a s**k guy.. not accomodatng.. when i make complain, he still defend said no la.. don have. we are doing ma..... when i ask for help.. he said wait la.. etc.....nvr once he say attend to our request properly......... beh tahan ar...........

so for all ji mui out there, if you have book this place, please think twice... don let my bad experience happened on your day!

Hi Yee0808,

Mind to share with us how much the package you sign ?? :smile: Is there any ppl/your friend help you do seating arrangement?? the slideshow control is handle by whom ?? what is the name of the manager incharge your dinner??

hi Tracy;

manager name is Jacky, cant recall the audio guy name and the package i sign is the 738

Cheers;

Yee

2. Never serve liquor

4. Slideshow

7. overcharge for beer

Hi Yee0808,

Mind to share with us how much the package you sign ?? :smile: Is there any ppl/your friend help you do seating arrangement?? the slideshow control is handle by whom ?? what is the name of the manager incharge your dinner??

hi Tracy;

manager name is Jacky, cant recall the audio guy name and the package i sign is the 738

Cheers;

Yee

2. Never serve liquor

4. Slideshow

7. overcharge for beer

Hi Yee0808,

Hi Yee,

TQ for ur quick reply yah!Actually i had pay deposit on the day of your wedding...too bad

Hi Tracy;

Maybe you can just watch out for those things that i mentioned.

Actually 2 weeks b4 the AD, i did actually consider to switch place.. but due to the fact that I've distribute the cards which is kinda difficult to reinform everybody hence I did not do so.... which in turn a big big spoiler in my wedding........ sigh....

anyway.. all the best ya.

hi Tracy;

Cheers;

Yee

2. Never serve liquor

4. Slideshow

7. overcharge for beer

Hi Yee0808,

Hi Yee,

TQ for ur quick reply yah!Actually i had pay deposit on the day of your wedding...too bad

Hi Tracy;

Maybe you can just watch out for those things that i mentioned.

Actually 2 weeks b4 the AD, i did actually consider to switch place.. but due to the fact that I've distribute the cards which is kinda difficult to reinform everybody hence I did not do so.... which in turn a big big spoiler in my wedding........ sigh....

anyway.. all the best ya.

hi Tracy;

Cheers;

Yee

2. Never serve liquor

4. Slideshow

7. overcharge for beer

Hi Yee0808,

Hi Yee,

Hihi,

Ic....too bad....anyway thanks for your advice yah..i will put more attention on the things that you had highlighted. Hope they able to provide good service during my wedding dinner.

OMG!! Thanks for telling and listing down every single detail of the bad service! I heard of friend considering that place. I will advice them and my future clients about it!!

The part they scold you with foul language is the most horrible lo. They are at so much of fault yet they have the cheeks to scold their client some more!! Too much man!

2. Never serve liquor

4. Slideshow

7. overcharge for beer

Dear yee0808,

i totally agreed with wat u said, the same thing happened to my younger sis on the DEc 2009 reception.

item 2: Never serve liquor

the manager defending us by tell that he is begging our guest to drink the liquour end up no 1 wan to drink. he keep repeating the "begging" word. Yet the liquor is my bro & some my relative take themselves.

item 4. Slideshow

onli the stage can c the slide show, there are so many tv in the hall, guess wat all are out of order. can u imagine the while we ask tis, & the waiter told us that it is out of order long time ago. Waht is long time ago?? never repair 1 meh???~~~

item 10. manager attitude problem

Yes, the manager name Ja*ky with a very good surname (u may go & find out), as whenever we complain to him, he will said no ar...got meh, tis la tat la keep defending us. then we raise 1 problem he defend 1 problem...until the whole table quarrel & make my sis crying!! damn it!! all he said oso not their problem la, not their fault la...come on...he is manager, he should listen to the customer...end up u know wat...he scold !@##$ words in front all of us...damn rude. i so kek sam is the whole arguement i got record down..when he scold the foul word tat time i off liao my camera.... >_< By the way v r not quarrel inside the bridal room, we discussing in the restaurant after the dinner, so we have a lot of eye-witness for tis incident.

item 12: bridal room

oh yeah...the bridal room is so small so messy, full of stock like linen, rack, when the bride sit down behind no walk way oledi..& 1 more thing, the brideroom just at the entrance, it is very dangerous for calculating $$, so tat time we separated partly to keep at our table.

the entrance:

because we taking the big hall, so the entrance is at the side. however, many of our relatives cannot find the way to enter the hall because the direction board they write in fall on the floor because the tap is not sticky enuf, they should place a stand to put direction board.

washroom:

my MIL wen to the toilet, when she come out she said it is very very dirty, & 1 of the floor is so wet. so the whole nite i not dare to drink water, just afraid goto toilet.

the bowl & plate:

after the waiter clear the plate, they did not replace, so co-incidence serving the glutinuous rice. we wait for 10 mins oso no replacement.then we ask the waiter they give us a plate. Hello!!!! who is using plate to eat the rice. u know wat the manager told us?? our restaurant is usingplate to eat the rice. Very good knowledge!! then the nex table of us they give them bowl but they waiting their rice to come...

waiter:

most of them they r no serve the drinks, we need to self service to refill the ice, water, soft drinks....

the hall environment:

quite dark & a lot of pillars. then very dirty due to afternoon got reception. when we complain tis to the manager, he telling us welcome complain to my company, because i oledi told them many time don take afternoon reception....we oledi try our best to clean the hall for u, yet u do not appreciate wat we have done for u...come on!!!what is these bullshit??? u tell me all tis for wat?? we are customer, wat we c is the 1st image right??

overall conclusion, if u oledi paid the downpayment, wat my advice is please withdraw or u have a nightmare for ur wedding nite.

pls NO NO to tis restaurant!!!

Dear all,

I totally agree with u all on item 10. manager attitude problem.

At first, i saw your comments on this restaurent, but i stubbron and wish to try my luck. I visited them last saturday. We were ok with the menu and banquet reco. so we plan to call the sXXk Manager JaXXky, to discuss more detail and make the deposit payment.

He is not in the restarent and i called him for requesting a meet up.. end up, we quarrel on the phone. Im the impatient type, but i have soften my voice and talk to him politely. But he shout at me and make me so mang chang! and my fh can heard wht he said by just sit beside me

Endup, i hangup the call. Yes, is directly hangup! i dislike ppl shout at me and is continuously shouting at me. My fh just quiet and wait for me to calm down.

Finally we gave up. i cant deal to this person with this attitude. My fh temper is super B, and i were surprise when he told me to give up. Im paying and being a customer, i expect the better service, not the lan C attitude. I afraid later i will cry in my wedding banquet as im very high expectation type.

Then we go for mandarin palace (chinese banquet of federal hotel). Their service super best. *thumb up* everything can nego, menu is fixed upon booking. free food testing for 1 tbl, and add tbl got 30% discount and bla bla. much better than the lan C JaXXky.

Cheers

Yesterday attending my hubby's relative wedding dinner at PJ Jaya Palace. I've been attending many wedding dinner and this never happen to me.

There have a waitress (aunty age), quite thin who always black face from beggining till end dinner. For the first 3 dishes, she still will ask have we finish our meal, on the 3rd dish (Fried Fish), we said haven't. She with her angry face go off, then 5 minutes later come back to our table with bringing us another fried fish which is balance food from other table, asking us to have this balance fish instead of ours. Reason is the fish she bring still have meat to eat. OMG.....I really can't believe this incident happen in PJ. Of course we turn her down by saying, how can you bring us balance food from other table. Then she walk away. From that dish onwards, she does not even asked do we still want the dish, just take the plate even still got food. She act too fast until we do not even have time to tell her we still want the food.

Come to dessert, as usual all the plates, spoon will be collected. Another waitress came to collect all the plates, spoons, chopsticks. We asked her, do we need chopstick to eat the dessert, because some of the dessert need chopstick. She said NO NEED. Funny thing happen was when she finish collectted all the plates and spoons, chopsticks were left mess around on the table. All of our head have many ????.

Dessert came at last, of course "Tong Sui" no need chopstick, but the kuih need. What we do is open the toothpick to eat the kuih.

The food are ok, but the service..worst than sucks...

if u r at jaya palace i might suggest oriental pavillion or oriental banquet the food n service is great but pls be careful of their part time worker cos my case was when i held at oriental pavillion brandy n liquor was stolen

because my father is sponsoring all the liqour of that nite n he mark all the bottle wif his unique stamp end of the day we ask back all the bottle they say they throw already when at the begining we already say we'll collect back all the bottles

because my father frens are all drinkers they say something is wrong wif the liquor n my father went n check whether they got change his liquor or not then they say they never n open a new bottle again then everything was fine but at the end of the day over 20 bottles of brandy n liquor was missing including red wine oso =.=

so tats the onli bad experience from tat but other things are great so if u were to bring ur own liquor juz get someone to safe guard it ^^

hi everyone

I'm new to the forum and thanks for the all the comments on this. Thought I'll share some thoughts since I've gained something from this.

I had initially placed a booking at Jaya Palace. After reading this post, I decided to do some background check to validate the claims.

1) Did a spot check on another wedding function - arrived 2 hours before just to see how things are running / managed.

2) Tried speaking to the manager, as a reality check against the negative comments here.

After investigating both 1 and 2, I have pulled out from the venue and went to another venue, and here're my honest reasons:

1) One projector for the hall, and no other LCD. The layout of the tables would mean some guests will be unable to watch the presentations.

2) I had 45 tables and I was required to lump all 45 tables into a small hall. Consequently, my wedding reception has to be done through a different entrance instead of the grand entrance. If it rains, the guests have to endure some amount of rain. If I take >45 tables, the restaurant would open the divider, but the walk in customers will still be entertained and will be seating quite close to my guests. I felt it was ridicolous.

3) Poor layout - Pay a visit and try to imagine how to seat your guests. It won't be easy.

4) Poor ambience for wedding - It's a nice place to eat and relax. But for a wedding I felt it had too dark lightning. The seats did not have covers on them. The big pillers blocking view felt a little clastraphobic for my taste.

5) The comments on the manager in this forum is consistent with the conversation I had with him. I lacked confidence, and felt my guests won't get the attention they deserve.

All in all, Jaya Palace is still a good place if you could get the bigger hall for 30 tables. The food packages very reasonable, and you get better value than places like Oriental or Overseas. But it just didn't met my important criterias.

Thanks for helping me make a good decision for such an important night!

Hello all,

I have booked jaya palace for my reception in may last july. Now, reading this whole thread makes me really fear for the facts coming through on me. Immediately i went to check for other restaurants but all have been taken already.and I have paid jaya palace 3k as the deposit.

I will be taking the second hall from the side entrance :( god please dont rain on that day. Right now I guess there is nothing much I can do other than paying attention on the details from #1-#10 in the first post.

Will be meeting the restaurant people tonite to finalize some details. We met the JaXXy once and he was really snobbish. We are liasing with another lady called yuki, she seems much better, or at least I hope so.

Oh gosh... I just paid for deposit in this restaurant a couple of hours ago, found this forum a bit too late, my wedding dinner will take place in January next year...

Anyways, I heard that the food is good, but didn't know about the poor service! Hopefully, there will be improvement by next year...