leeng

Palace of the Golden Horses

Hi MBs,

I am a newbie to this forum. I like this forum so much as i find it really useful especially when reading through other's experiences and sharing.

In fact, i am currently planning my wedding reception next year. Found that it's never too early to start planning it coz surprisingly a lot of venues have been taken up. >_<

Well, i would like to ask if anyone also planning their wedding reception at Golden Horses or who had their celebration over there b4? Can share your experience pls?

Thanks in advance.

Or anyone attended wedding dinner at Golden Horses b4? Pls share ur experience too in terms of service, food, ambience, setting... =)

Cheers!

Leeng

I recently coordinated a friend's wedding at the palace of the golden horses. Prior to the actual day, my friend had a lot of difficulties in her dealings with the sales person in charge.

On the actual day, I was appalled to see a badly creased and torn stage backdrop, stains on the bowls and spoons, frayed napkins, holes, stains and loose threading on the table linens and chair covers! Nearly all the wooden lazy susans where chipping, and aged. Menus were placed upside down! It was so bad and deplorable that even a suburban restaurant seemed more promising. I have pictures to prove it! All the photos have the table number with the hotel's gold horse logo imprinted.

http://mayjin.wordpress.com/2010/06/28/whe...-underdelivers/

The next day, we learned from one of the guest that she found A PIECE OF GLASS in her daughter's drink, and demanded that the management explain it. We are still waiting for the explanation.

Seriously, look at the pictures in the link above and decide for yourself if this is worth paying anything at all. The wedding photographer for that day also shared some of the many stories he has heard from other brides who had their weddings at the Palace of the Golden Horses, it seems like our story may not be an isolated case.

Please don't put yourself through what we went through. Anyone deserves more than this!

True, I have a friend whom experienced that too..badly stained utensils, table cloth and chair as if someone just urinate on it. Then holes on table cloth n napkins.

I also dreamed of having my reception there, ending up this location is cross out from our list.

True, I have a friend whom experienced that too..badly stained utensils, table cloth and chair as if someone just urinate on it. Then holes on table cloth n napkins.

I also dreamed of having my reception there, ending up this location is cross out from our list.

YES! thank god you didn't choose the palace of the golden horses. please pass the word to others, because really, NO ONE deserves this. And it is not cheap either!

I think no body would want to have their wedding in PoGH since most of the discussion on this Hotel is almost long ago. Pls seriously think twice before having your big day there else it may very likely become a disaster wedding. I am so thankful that I managed to change to another hotel (as we don't see the point of continuing the negotiation process as whatever they promised will provide, changed after that!). However, the process of seeking the deposit refund (since the termination is within the refund period) from them is a very frustrating and stressful thing to handle. It's already a month but I don't receive any feedback from them. They are not responsive at all (plus the personnel handling our case already left the hote whilst the Director of Sales just keeping quiet throughout the email trails despite the complaints and all). The personnel whom I spoke to also not afraid if such complaint being escalate up to Consumer Association or its parent company, Country Heights (one of the personnel told me this: "If you want to report, report-lah!" <-- is this the service provided by a 6-star hotel?). The package isn't great cos whatever they promised may not be provided any way and for the site inspection (Unity Room), it's quite old.

Well, those who previously had their nice wedding there, you girls were very lucky :) but I wish you good luck to those who plan to have or gonna have their wedding there soon.

I think you girls better not consider this hotel. It is no longer as good as before. We performed there in May last month and there were many anxious moments when the hotel's projector can't play the video and slide shows.