Hello there,

Anyone has recommendation of gynae doctors in UMSC?

I saw the list of doctors in UMSC and they are :

1. Prof. Dr. Tan Peng Chiong

2. Associate Prof. Dr. Eugene Leong Weng Kong

3. Associate Prof. Dr. Lim Boon Kiong

4. Dr. Si Lay Khaing (female)

I have visited Dr. Eugene before. Thinking of trying other doctor coz I think it is very important to be with a doctor which I am comfortable with.

Anyone have any experience with Prof. Dr. Tan Peng Cheong or Dr. Si Lay?

I've never seen Prof Tan in UMSC before. But he was the dr. in charge of the maternity ward in UMMC. Can't say I am comfortable with him. Perhaps he is better in private wing than in UMMC.

I've never seen Prof Tan in UMSC before. But he was the dr. in charge of the maternity ward in UMMC. Can't say I am comfortable with him. Perhaps he is better in private wing than in UMMC.

Thanks fleune for sharing.

I just called UMSC and they said they have another doctor, Dr. Si Lay Khiang (female doctor). Have not heard feedback about her from this forum. Anyone has experience to share on Dr. Si Lay or the other doctors?

Thanks fleune for sharing.

I just called UMSC and they said they have another doctor, Dr. Si Lay Khiang (female doctor). Have not heard feedback about her from this forum. Anyone has experience to share on Dr. Si Lay or the other doctors?

Dr. Si Lay is very nice and friendly. She stopped by to talk to me often during my hospital stay before the delivery of my babies. She is very pleasant and friendly and gave me lots of encouragements although I am not her patient.

Dr. Si Lay is very nice and friendly. She stopped by to talk to me often during my hospital stay before the delivery of my babies. She is very pleasant and friendly and gave me lots of encouragements although I am not her patient.

Thanks fleune that is so good to hear. I will consider meeting her for an appointment.

I saw the list of doctors and only Dr. Si Lay is not a professor. Does this matter? But I think she is still a lecturer so she should be up to date in her medical knowledge.

I am looking for a doctor who I can discuss and enquire comfortably with. My previous visit to Dr. Eugene was out of my expectation. I am keen on having a baby but wanted to visit a gynae to ask for opinion first on whether I should start TTC now or later, since I am on medication for endometriosis. I just need his opinion on how soon can TTC after stop medication.

I heard many good feedback about him here and decided to try. But my first 2 visits were very expensive (>RM300 first visit- with some tests, approx RM200 second visit- no test) and he kept asking me to do tests which were not necessary. I am the type who will ask politely what the tests are for, and why I need the test, and sometimes he also cant answer me well. And he also ask me whether I would like to do fertility-type of treatment but i told him i have not even TTC then why should i try this? shouldnt I try TTC first and then only go for treatment when cant conceive? so funny lar...

on my second appointment he suddenly ask me "what is my decision".. i said what decision? he said "ermm last time we talked and (flip my file) ermm you have to give me decision on whether to go treatment?" i was like.. huh.. no u said i come this week to see test result and then you advise me.. he said oh.. erm oic.. then he said nurse can u pls find the test result file (coz its not in my file) and then ask me to go out and wait. after that he said the test is ok, everything look ok. Thats all. Then I have to ask him in detail the things on the test so he explain abit. He is always scribbling things on the file but dont have time to explain the result. Then at the cashier I saw the bill and was shocked and saw the bill came to almost RM200 just for consultation and explain results (to which didnt explain much until i asked).

Sigh these visits made me very disappointed and lost confidence so i decided it is best I find a gynae whom I can be confident and comfortable with.

I know many has had good experience with this doctor, but maybe its just different with me.

jcjy2009 Should let you know that charges for all dr in UMSC is standard. So you will be charged the same no matter whether you are seeing Prof. Tan, Prof Eugene or Dr. Si Lay.

My previous experience with Prof Eugene during TTC is that he supports natural TTC or the most, TTC with chlomid. He will do all the tests first before he advised me what my next step should be. Although his method of doing all tests first is slow (I was desperate to get pregnant that time), I feel that he just want to confirm that my body is functioning well before taking the next step.

I did my check up under Prof Eugene in UMSC. But he referred me to UMMC when I had pre term labour at 26 weeks. Overall, I stayed in UMMC for 4 weeks with 1 emergency surgery and then natural delivery. Did all these under Prof. Eugene in UMMC. Total bill RM2k+ but I paid only RM200+ since I am a government servant. Prof Eugene could have kept me in UMSC and he could earn thousands with me there. A natural delivery in UMSC already cost RM5k+ (for twins delivery) not to mention hospital stay for 4 weeks and the emergency surgery that he did for me. But he transferred me to UMMC where he won't be earning any $$.

May be you can try Dr Roopi at Jalan Ipoh. She is a very experience gynae and perhaps she can answer your questions.

Thanks sumsum2002,

I have heard of Dr Roopi before. My friend sent this link to me about her: http://www.hygen.net/blog/?p=106

Not sure about the authenticity of the claims in the website but I will try other doctors first.

But thanks very much for sharing.

Hi All,

anyone would like to share about their experience with UMSC doctors?

Obstetrics & Gynaecology

Prof Dato' Dr Vallipuram Sivanesaratnam

Prof Dr Kulenthran Arumugam

A/Prof Dr Lim Boon Kiong

Prof Dr Siti Zawiah Omar

Prof Dr Tan Peng Cheong

A/Prof Dr Eugene Leong Weng Kong

A/Prof Dr Noor Azmi Mat Adenan

Dr Si Lay Khaing

how much is their standard consultation fees? roughly how much is the cost for normal delivery at UMSC? any sharing....??

thanks for sharing :)

Hi All,

anyone would like to share about their experience with UMSC doctors? how much is their standard consultation fees? roughly how much is the cost for normal delivery at UMSC? any sharing....??

I have been with Prof Eugene Leong. He is very good. Others like Dr. Si Lay is also very friendly. I don't like Prof. Tan though. Cost for normal delivery at UMSC is about RM3k. Consultation fees start from RM80.

Hi All,

anyone would like to share about their experience with UMSC doctors? how much is their standard consultation fees? roughly how much is the cost for normal delivery at UMSC? any sharing....??

I have been with Prof Eugene Leong. He is very good. Others like Dr. Si Lay is also very friendly. I don't like Prof. Tan though. Cost for normal delivery at UMSC is about RM3k. Consultation fees start from RM80.

thanks fluene. may i know when is Prof Eugene Leong's consultation time? daily from 9am-5pm? thanks alot for sharing :)

Rosayee Prof Eugene Leong's consultation time is Wed 2pm - 8pm and Sat 9am - 1pm.

thanks fluene. I'm finding 1day to go back PJ for consultation. Thanks alot :)

I visited Eugene after reading many praises about him in MB forum. From my experience I will not ever visit Eugene anymore. I think i visited him around 3 or 4 times, and the final time I brought my husband along and my husband also cannot believe it is possible to have such a doctor. After my post above (see above), I did visit him 1 or 2 more times to finalise things and also request for scan results from him. The experience after that was from bad to worse. Sigh.

I know many forumers here had good experience with him but maybe that was in the past bcoz my recent experience was really lousy. I think everyone has a right to share their experience and so I hope others who support this doctor will also be open enough to understand that I did experience a very lousy and stressful time under him. I only found out more about him after my experience, when i complained about my experience to my friends in the medical field. I wished I had asked around earlier.

I heard good things about Dr Si Lay from my medical friends but didnt try though coz I decided to try another doctor.

After Eugene I went to another doctor in SJMC which was recommended by relatives and everything was ok :)

I have high-risk pregnancy. I consulted 3 private hospital doctors . The first doctor did not want to take my case because its too risky. The second doctor asked me to go for abortion. The third doctor is good, he took time to explain to me and give me confidence to continue my pregnancy. However, he said that he could arrange an abortaion for me if I did not want to take the risk. I decided to keep the baby and delivered under him, but his hospital is too far away from my house.

Finally, I went to UMSC and decided to try out Prof Eugene. He is very good. He likes to give a lot of examples when explaining thing :lol: . Me and my HB feel confidence and comfortable with him. I delivered my baby last month with complication. Luckily, Prof Eugene is very experience and verything is fine now.

He did ask me to do a lot of tests, but he will let you decide whether you want to do it or not.

Yes, I do agree the charges is expensive. UMSC charge the equipments and disposable fees + 20% of the doctor fees. I think the hospital shouldn't tax so much from the patients and the doctors. Because of Prof Eugene, that's why I choose UMSC. Otherwise, I would not go to UMSC with that kind of charges and service.

Hi all,

Currently I'm expecting with triplets.

Does anyone know which dr in UMSC is experienced in dealing with high-risk pregnancy??

thanks

Hi,

My relative deliver triplets four years ago under Prof Tan in UMMC

Hi all,

Currently I'm expecting with triplets.

Does anyone know which dr in UMSC is experienced in dealing with high-risk pregnancy??

thanks

Hi,

My relative deliver triplets four years ago under Prof Tan in UMMC

Thanks linlin,

Can we choose which doc we want for UMMC??

Jcjy,

I totally agree with you about Dr Eugene! I also went to see him a few times after reading so many good things about him on this forum and others as well..... but I will never see him again, my experience was so terrible and I think you are absolutely right to share your views so that a fair review is given. I agree that perhaps some people have had good experience with him, but unfortunately not me. My hubby was also surprised with how he treated us. Hope others are luckier than us.

I visited Eugene after reading many praises about him in MB forum. From my experience I will not ever visit Eugene anymore. I think i visited him around 3 or 4 times, and the final time I brought my husband along and my husband also cannot believe it is possible to have such a doctor. After my post above (see above), I did visit him 1 or 2 more times to finalise things and also request for scan results from him. The experience after that was from bad to worse. Sigh.

I know many forumers here had good experience with him but maybe that was in the past bcoz my recent experience was really lousy. I think everyone has a right to share their experience and so I hope others who support this doctor will also be open enough to understand that I did experience a very lousy and stressful time under him. I only found out more about him after my experience, when i complained about my experience to my friends in the medical field. I wished I had asked around earlier.

I heard good things about Dr Si Lay from my medical friends but didnt try though coz I decided to try another doctor.

After Eugene I went to another doctor in SJMC which was recommended by relatives and everything was ok :)

Cost for normal delivery at UMSC is about RM3k. Consultation fees start from RM80.

Consultation fees at UMSC is also quite high. Currently I'm doing the monthly check up in SJMC, my 1st consultation fees was RM90, and the 2nd was RM40, which is almost the same as UMSC.

Cost for normal delivery at UMSC is about RM3k. Consultation fees start from RM80.

Consultation fees at UMSC is also quite high. Currently I'm doing the monthly check up in SJMC, my 1st consultation fees was RM90, and the 2nd was RM40, which is almost the same as UMSC.

Hi,

Since you are pregnant with triplets, your pregnancy considered high risk. You might deliver earlier or might need to stay in hospital for months. My relative stays in UMMC for 4 months before deliver the triplets are 36 weeks.

The benefit about going to UMSC for you now is that, if there is any complication occurs, you can be transfered to UMMC under the same gynae. If I am not wrong, fluene had similar experience and she can elaborate more.

The benefit about going to UMSC for you now is that, if there is any complication occurs, you can be transfered to UMMC under the same gynae. If I am not wrong, fluene had similar experience and she can elaborate more.

That's right. I was pregnant with twins and dr in private hospitals did not accept me as they considered twins pregnancy as high risk. Most twins pregnancy will result in early labour. They are afraid that the hospital does not have ventilators, incubators, expertise, etc to cater for prematured babies. So I went to Prof. Eugene in UMSC.

To cut long story short, I had pre mature labour and Prof. Eugene transferred me to UMMC, still under his charge. Other dr in UMMC only observe and report to prof eugene daily. Prof. Eugene was the one who made all decisions regarding my case. If you deliver in UMMC, they will get the ventilators for your baby no matter how. In fact, ventilators for my babies were booked well in advance before they were born. You can read about my experience here http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/index....showtopic=16237

For my case, 3 weeks hospital stay + emergency cerclage + delivery + twin babies charges (1 1/2 months stay in SCN) = < RM1k since I am government staff. Normal people will need to pay about RM10k for all the above.

A friend of my hb gave birth to prematured baby few days ago in Sunway Medical Centre. For her, delivery + baby charges (2 days stay in SCN) = RM11k. Imagine what my bill would have come to if I was in private hospital. I think it would be at least RM100k.

Hi,

Agree with fluene. My relative deliver triplets in UMMC under c-section, 4 months stay in hospital, 3 baby charges, total bill less than 2k.

Hi,

Agree with fluene. My relative deliver triplets in UMMC under c-section, 4 months stay in hospital, 3 baby charges, total bill less than 2k.

Thanks Linlin & fluene...

I'd went to UMSC for a check up. Personally I do not like the services and consultation.

The Dr just did an brief ultrascan using an old equipment (without print outs or viewing together with Hb) then refer me to another Dr.

No other test was done.. and the bill came out to be almost RM200.

Not planning to go back there... might try out other hospitals. :)