Hi Helena,

I previously posted in this thread before, and I mentioned about the high cost when visiting UMSC under a certain doctor. To me, i felt the cost was high because I find that the quality of service and (lack of) professionalism of doctor who was there was not worth the price.

I am now with Dr. Choong in Pantai Bangsar and we visit him every month for pregnancy checkup. His charges are far more expensive than UMSC but me and hubby never complained about the costs because we felt the consultation and services was worth the price. He answered our questions well and also was very focused in his replies.

Perhaps you can try Dr Choong Kuo Hsiang. He is very experienced and also encourage natural birth and active birth.

He also has experience in water births:

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/art...164538/Article/

Hope this helps.. good luck :)

Hi Helena,

I previously posted in this thread before, and I mentioned about the high cost when visiting UMSC under a certain doctor. To me, i felt the cost was high because I find that the quality of service and (lack of) professionalism of doctor who was there was not worth the price.

I am now with Dr. Choong in Pantai Bangsar and we visit him every month for pregnancy checkup. His charges are far more expensive than UMSC but me and hubby never complained about the costs because we felt the consultation and services was worth the price. He answered our questions well and also was very focused in his replies.

Perhaps you can try Dr Choong Kuo Hsiang. He is very experienced and also encourage natural birth and active birth.

Thanks jcjy.

Actually I'm quite comfortable with my current Dr at SDMC. Just worry about the extra cost when dealing with complications (preterm labour) cos i'm having triplets. Will continue to look for some other gov/semi gov hospitals (my next options Selayang Hospital / HUKM).

Hi Helena,

I am now with Dr. Choong in Pantai Bangsar and we visit him every month for pregnancy checkup. His charges are far more expensive than UMSC but me and hubby never complained about the costs because we felt the consultation and services was worth the price. He answered our questions well and also was very focused. Perhaps you can try Dr Choong Kuo Hsiang. He is very experienced and also encourage natural birth and active birth.

I read malaysiabride forum quite a lot for doctors recommendation. I am not impressed with Dr Choong. I think he caters for expat market and overcharges without a corresponding level of service.

Further read here:

http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6864

I visited dr eugene be4 i was preggie and after i was preggie, i continued visiting him but i stopped around 6 months. I changed to columbia asia under dr ng at 7 mths. It is not becos dr eugene is not good but I prefer dr ng... and i think the equipments at columbia asia is better than umsc as dr eugene is unable to determine the gender of my baby at 6 mths...

I am a supporter of Dr. Eugene through and through. Already a patient of him before I was pregnant. He looked after me well when I was pregnant and through his meticulous care, I delivered my twin babies safe and sound although there have been a lot of complications during my pregnancy

fLUENE,

HI,,, i HAV SOME question would like to ask you abt your the check up at UMSC n give birth at UMMC which done by Porf Euegne help.. Bcoz I am a government servant also..

Do you mind to give me ur contact for easy to communicate? my hp: 012-3860679, FB: lilykng@hotmail.com

Hope to hear from you soon..

thanks

The benefit about going to UMSC for you now is that, if there is any complication occurs, you can be transfered to UMMC under the same gynae. If I am not wrong, fluene had similar experience and she can elaborate more.

That's right. I was pregnant with twins and dr in private hospitals did not accept me as they considered twins pregnancy as high risk. Most twins pregnancy will result in early labour. They are afraid that the hospital does not have ventilators, incubators, expertise, etc to cater for prematured babies. So I went to Prof. Eugene in UMSC.

To cut long story short, I had pre mature labour and Prof. Eugene transferred me to UMMC, still under his charge. Other dr in UMMC only observe and report to prof eugene daily. Prof. Eugene was the one who made all decisions regarding my case. If you deliver in UMMC, they will get the ventilators for your baby no matter how. In fact, ventilators for my babies were booked well in advance before they were born. You can read about my experience here http://www.malaysiabrides.com/forum/index....showtopic=16237

For my case, 3 weeks hospital stay + emergency cerclage + delivery + twin babies charges (1 1/2 months stay in SCN) = < RM1k since I am government staff. Normal people will need to pay about RM10k for all the above.

A friend of my hb gave birth to prematured baby few days ago in Sunway Medical Centre. For her, delivery + baby charges (2 days stay in SCN) = RM11k. Imagine what my bill would have come to if I was in private hospital. I think it would be at least RM100k.

I gave birth to both my girls in umsc under Prof Eugene. Delivered my second on 1 July.

My review? The doc is good. Took care of me and explained clearly. Tho sometimes, if you go at the wrong time (busy period, lots of patients), you might find that he is kinda rushing tru the explanation and stressed out. However, I find him okay. You have to understand that he really has LOTS of patients. Yet, when I had some tummy discomfort, he went to see me at the clinic even tho his clinic was closed for that day. Once, he even brought his son along cos he was supposed to be babysitting his son!

For my first girl, I had fever and uncomfy braxton hicks on a Sunday night and he was willing to see me too.

And just last Mon, my stitches was sorta painful, he also saw me altho his clinic was closed. He could have just ask me to wait till Wed. Whenever I call him or sms him, he'll reply or answer my call.

If I have a third, a big IF, Prof Eugene will still be my choice.

As for the services there, not worth a penny! They really need to improve the system, services and some of the unfriendly, unhelpful and incompetent staff.

I'm just there for the doctor.

Zeroflower Mind telling how much it cost you for delivery in UMSC under Prof. Eugene? What type of room did you stay? ANy epidural? I assumed yours is natural delivery right?

Zeroflower Mind telling how much it cost you for delivery in UMSC under Prof. Eugene? What type of room did you stay? ANy epidural? I assumed yours is natural delivery right?

i did c-sect. single bedded. with the nursery, it came up to rm7.1k. 2 years ago when i delivered also c-sect, it was rm6700.

but nurses informed me that charges based on case by case basis.

i did c-sect. single bedded. with the nursery, it came up to rm7.1k. 2 years ago when i delivered also c-sect, it was rm6700.

but nurses informed me that charges based on case by case basis.

Zeroflower

May i know for ur both c sec, u choose full body unconscious or epidural.? If epidural, will feel pain during c sec process?

I will due in Nov. also under Prof Eugene... U choose c sec bcoz of complication or tat s ur first choice.. mind to share ur exp..

FLune,

thansk for ur info through sms in last week. I will go to UMSC under Prof Eugene,, now check up every month in UMSC.

May i know where u bring ur kids to get vaccine? Klinik kesihatan or UMSC?

FLune,

thansk for ur info through sms in last week. I will go to UMSC under Prof Eugene,, now check up every month in UMSC.

May i know where u bring ur kids to get vaccine? Klinik kesihatan or UMSC?

You are welcome. I brought my kids for vaccination in Sunway Medical Centre.

I have changed my 'strategy'. I am currently 15 weeks pregnant. Instead of going to Prof Eugene in UMSC, I go to his clinic for check up in UMMC. It is completely free for me as I am a government servant. Same doctor but free. It can't be any better right? However, the downside of going to Prof. Eugene in UMMC is that the queue is very long (queue in UMSC is just as long though) and his clinic is only on Tue morning. I will deliver in UMMC also.

lily

mine was c sec not by choice. baby in transverse lie..she was lying down position..u can google it to find out..

half body unconscious..i dont think it's called epidural but it was injected in my spine too.

it wasnt painful but i could feel them cuttin or pulling baby out but jsut no pain..

i could even see what the doc was doing through the reflection on the lights above...scary..

the injection was kinda scary cos they ask me not to move, i was sitting down position but when i felt the pain of cos my bosy was tense. they told me to relax or the med cannot enter my body so i had to relax tho i was in pain..lol

it was also freaking cold n i vomitted during the c sec..n was really giddy. i was also straving cos was fasing for almost 10 hrs. i was thinking of food durng the op! but maybe its just me. my frens didnt vomit or giddy..

why are u planning for c sec? dont u want to try natural first??

fluene...can we choose doc at ummc? i thought we cant choose doc eugene? if i knew could i would have gone to ummc too.. :(

Zeroflower I'm not sure whether we can choose dr at ummc under normal circumstances. Mine is high risk pregnancy as I have incompetent cervix. Went for check up at UMMC this morning. The nurse didn't notice that I am supposed to see Prof Eugene so she put me under other dr. When my number was called and I saw that it was not Prof Eugene, I was dissappointed but I just went ahead. Halfway through consultation, the dr saw that I had compications during last pregnancy and this one as well. So I told her that I am supposed to see Prof Eugene. Then she said ok and asked me to wait for him to come.

Zeroflower,

hi, may i know how much the difference of bb weight during ultrasound scanning and actual bb birth?

lily

mine was c sec not by choice. baby in transverse lie..she was lying down position..u can google it to find out..

half body unconscious..i dont think it's called epidural but it was injected in my spine too.

it wasnt painful but i could feel them cuttin or pulling baby out but jsut no pain..

i could even see what the doc was doing through the reflection on the lights above...scary..

the injection was kinda scary cos they ask me not to move, i was sitting down position but when i felt the pain of cos my bosy was tense. they told me to relax or the med cannot enter my body so i had to relax tho i was in pain..lol

it was also freaking cold n i vomitted during the c sec..n was really giddy. i was also straving cos was fasing for almost 10 hrs. i was thinking of food durng the op! but maybe its just me. my frens didnt vomit or giddy..

why are u planning for c sec? dont u want to try natural first??

fluene...can we choose doc at ummc? i thought we cant choose doc eugene? if i knew could i would have gone to ummc too.. :(

Zeroflower,

since u had exp of c sec.at UMSC. i would like to share my awful exp.. n mind to ask ur exp of c sec as well.

I had c sec on 10/11 at UMSC (private) due to high blood pressure,, but d facility n OT room all under UM or PPUM (government).

I was given half body numb by spinal jab.. the pain just like normal injection but cannot move for 30 seconds..

my left hand was given uterus contraction drip and right hand given glucose drip ..

1)May i know do ur Dr. press ur abdomen or chest to pull out d baby/? I was in pain n breasthless when they push my abdomen.. i was cried from the moment until the end...

2) Do u feel anythi during the process?

After tk out bb,, i though it was over.. then Dr. told me i had 4 fibroids.. ask me whether wan remove or not.. Since it is an incision oeldi.. sure i asked them remove for me (continue v the surgery)..

I can feel d pain once in a while during d process.. they d anesthetist gave me oxygen mask n increase the dose of medicine which make me fall into sleep or blur blur (half sleeP-)..We guess the bius no enough for me.. coz they thought i had normal c sec only.. i was in OT room almost 3 hours.. I can feel d pain from staring until end.... so painful...

right after the surgery,, my whole body was shivering coz it was too pain.. they gave me morphine jab... n pain killer ..

lucky i able to get down from bed on next day n do breastfeeding... i off painkiller on 4th day.. n can walk n carry bb as usual..

just feel uneasy especially get up from bed in the morning... the period is much lesser than normal birth as i had asked some of many fren those go through normal or c sec..

Mind to share ur exp.. with me? tq

It was really a bad dream n phobia as this is my first bb.. n full moon soon in this coming Sat..

I gave birth to both my girls in umsc under Prof Eugene. Delivered my second on 1 July.

My review? The doc is good. Took care of me and explained clearly. Tho sometimes, if you go at the wrong time (busy period, lots of patients), you might find that he is kinda rushing tru the explanation and stressed out. However, I find him okay. You have to understand that he really has LOTS of patients. Yet, when I had some tummy discomfort, he went to see me at the clinic even tho his clinic was closed for that day. Once, he even brought his son along cos he was supposed to be babysitting his son!

For my first girl, I had fever and uncomfy braxton hicks on a Sunday night and he was willing to see me too.

And just last Mon, my stitches was sorta painful, he also saw me altho his clinic was closed. He could have just ask me to wait till Wed. Whenever I call him or sms him, he'll reply or answer my call.

If I have a third, a big IF, Prof Eugene will still be my choice.

As for the services there, not worth a penny! They really need to improve the system, services and some of the unfriendly, unhelpful and incompetent staff.

I'm just there for the doctor.

lilykng,

You had your C sect under Prof. Eugene? I guess the pain is normal. Afterall, you had a surgery.

Btw, I have delivered too. Bb premature at 7 months again. Delivered in UMMC

Fluene,

Yup, under Prof Eugene. But others no any feel during d process. Mine was terrrible exp.

lilykng,

You had your C sect under Prof. Eugene? I guess the pain is normal. Afterall, you had a surgery.

Btw, I have delivered too. Bb premature at 7 months again. Delivered in UMMC

Hi all....

I Would like to know more about UMSC.

Can we opt for single room or is it reserved for special / complicated cases only? What are the rates like?

Where is the exact location of the ward? Do they share the same facilities as UMMC?

How are the nurses there? Comparable with other private hospitals?

Many thanx....cheers

I visited Eugene after reading many praises about him in MB forum. From my experience I will not ever visit Eugene anymore. I think i visited him around 3 or 4 times, and the final time I brought my husband along and my husband also cannot believe it is possible to have such a doctor. After my post above (see above), I did visit him 1 or 2 more times to finalise things and also request for scan results from him. The experience after that was from bad to worse. Sigh.

I know many forumers here had good experience with him but maybe that was in the past bcoz my recent experience was really lousy. I think everyone has a right to share their experience and so I hope others who support this doctor will also be open enough to understand that I did experience a very lousy and stressful time under him. I only found out more about him after my experience, when i complained about my experience to my friends in the medical field. I wished I had asked around earlier.

I heard good things about Dr Si Lay from my medical friends but didnt try though coz I decided to try another doctor.

After Eugene I went to another doctor in SJMC which was recommended by relatives and everything was ok :)

Dr Eugene was a disappointment & i regret choosing him. On the labour day, he takes so long to come & spend around 10 min to do precon test & go off. In the detail bill, i actually found out he double charged me stating that he come 2 times for precon test. Nurse actually done most of the work. When nurse call him to come again because i was very pain, he check & sarcastically look at her & say still early. Then he ask why I didnt inject the painkiller, its because he never bother to advice! He leave everything to the nurse & didnt bother to guide her. I was about to have natural birth, then he says baby heart rate is unstable & will go for forcep birth & i dont know how true is that. At the end of day, if you want to have dr who give great care & didnt try to overcharge u, he is a no no.. .