stantyl

Water Filter System

Dear All,

Anyone can give some comment or opinion for this water filter system. is it necessary for every house? now market have more than 20 different product. any ideas for this... :lol:

In my opinion, we really need to have the water filter system in Malaysia, especially if stay in KL/PJ. Not only drinking, you also need to install a normal water filter for your waching machine, or else your white cloth will become darker and darker everytime washing the cloths.

It depends on your affordability, better buy a better quality because you only needs to install once in a life time.

I heard Elken, Amway brands are not bad.

Has anyone used Tarama pi-water system? I am considering buying, it seems there are two options in the market that offers pi-water ie. Cosway Hexagon and Tarama? prices for both vary so much! appreciate some advise from the experts...

Good topic. i am also looking for one right now. Based on my survey i have got 2 Options in the market.

1. Option 1- stick to buying a Panasonic/Philip walter purifiers - RM150-350. or some other cheaper water filters from Carrefour. At the same time boil the water for drinking purposes.

2. Option 2- Select from a wide range of high-end water filters out there i.e. NESH, Diamond, Amway, Cosway, Elken, Hyhomeplan, etc. with all the RO, Alkaline Ionizer, PH water, Hard water, Oxidized water, etc. Cost RM1-4k

Those that argue Option 1, say that Grandpa/Grandma is alive to 80+ due to boiled water and that's sufficient. While those that argue Option 2, say that nowadys water have 101 chemicals not known in the past. What say u girls?

For me, it's definitely option 2, and I now only need to finalise the configuration ie. should I have a comprehensive one just at kitchen, or should I combine some sort of outdoor filter eg. bacfree/waterco at the main water source, with another filter at my kitchen.

I come across this two - and I like them because they can produce energy water and receives japanese input in terms of technology and research and certification (and this is just my own personal preference since I see the Japanese put a lot of emphasis on healthcare :)

1. Fully imported from Korea - Tarama pi-water - depending on configuration price vary from 2k to 6k - what I like is they do sell one 17litre water container that directly links to the filter, fully made of glass - which is much better than the typical plastic container you can find outside, and it only costs RM150 for that big glass container. I've asked my organic shop friend to get the co. sales to contact me - they can come to your house and check your water quality to propose solutions :)

http://www.piwater.net/

2. Taiwan made - Buffalo

New product just launched (according to the show room) just two weeks ago, provides lifetime warranty, use high-quality steel, no plastics at all, there's an indicator to remind you when to replace filters, price RM2,688 if I remember correctly

http://www.buffaloworld.com/en/product6.htm

I'll continue with my research and share more with you next time :)

In the mean time, if anyone has any knowledge/info with the regards to the above, please share :) Thanks!

Don't believe all this crap about lifetime warranty, more like warranty until the local importer close shop. If you don't mind about the after sale support, go ahead and buy any brand with any sophisticated technology you can get. I believe POU water filter should get from reputable local company/distributer such as Amway, NESH, Diamond, Panasonic etc. Otherwise you may end up without replacement part. Even with establish brand like Panasonic you can get into such situation but risk is lower.

Has anyone tried Amway E-Spring, Coway countertop water filter or Aquasana water filter?

I already bought an outdoor water filter (Kinetico) for my new house. Now, I am looking for a kitchen water filter - for drinking and cooking.

Any advice / suggestions?

I'm using Amway E-Spring. There is installment plan too. So far so good. The water oso soft in texture n smellest.

Has anyone tried Amway E-Spring, Coway countertop water filter or Aquasana water filter?

I already bought an outdoor water filter (Kinetico) for my new house. Now, I am looking for a kitchen water filter - for drinking and cooking.

Any advice / suggestions?

NIHWp8.png

Thanks Kaizoku and S2000!

Just want to be sure of the E-Spring!

For me, it's definitely option 2, and I now only need to finalise the configuration ie. should I have a comprehensive one just at kitchen, or should I combine some sort of outdoor filter eg. bacfree/waterco at the main water source, with another filter at my kitchen.

I come across this two - and I like them because they can produce energy water and receives japanese input in terms of technology and research and certification (and this is just my own personal preference since I see the Japanese put a lot of emphasis on healthcare :)

1. Fully imported from Korea - Tarama pi-water - depending on configuration price vary from 2k to 6k - what I like is they do sell one 17litre water container that directly links to the filter, fully made of glass - which is much better than the typical plastic container you can find outside, and it only costs RM150 for that big glass container. I've asked my organic shop friend to get the co. sales to contact me - they can come to your house and check your water quality to propose solutions :)

http://www.piwater.net/

2. Taiwan made - Buffalo

New product just launched (according to the show room) just two weeks ago, provides lifetime warranty, use high-quality steel, no plastics at all, there's an indicator to remind you when to replace filters, price RM2,688 if I remember correctly

http://www.buffaloworld.com/en/product6.htm

I'll continue with my research and share more with you next time :)

In the mean time, if anyone has any knowledge/info with the regards to the above, please share :) Thanks!

what is the 17liter for? to contain water ready for drinking? so we can directly tap drinking water from it? thanks.

you should compare what sort of mateial the filters are made of. I got convinced by alphamax's filter...they're using micro-zeolite sands. which are natural and when backwashed...removes the particles/chlorine from the sand...thus reusability. usually carbon filters holds onto the particles and doesn't releases it when being washed...thus have to change the carbon filter once in a while. do a wiki search or google to read more...

thanks~~ i heard that now DIAMOND got promotion for drinking water and outdoor. anyone using now? pls leave ur comment about it.

wondering to have this.... for my office. can i know how their service and part pricing? :wacko:

Heard that Diamond need 6-7 filters wo... will cost a fortune when come times to change the filters... :wacko3:

you should compare what sort of mateial the filters are made of. I got convinced by alphamax's filter...they're using micro-zeolite sands. which are natural and when backwashed...removes the particles/chlorine from the sand...thus reusability. usually carbon filters holds onto the particles and doesn't releases it when being washed...thus have to change the carbon filter once in a while. do a wiki search or google to read more...

I'm using AlphaMax as well. So far so good. They give one free indoor filter when buying an outdoor unit.

There's tons of those in the market. I know that this week and next week there will be a lot of home fairs. Best time to check out and ask questions to your heart's content!

Heard that Diamond need 6-7 filters wo... will cost a fortune when come times to change the filters... :wacko3:

ya, i also think is cost alot.... any others idea? how there price? anyone.....

margarita,

depends on the size you want....or the size of your home. I took the one for semi-d and above...about RM1.9k ish the slightly smaller unit about RM1.6k...during promos they would offer free upgrade for the....ummmm...crap...i forgot the name...the pipe to connect the filter to the water mains, from PVC to stainless steel....oh and also a metal water pressure gauge.

I am using ALPHAMAX indoor alkaline filter.I bought it at rm899 promo price.

I was told that the maintenance was also cheap compare to others.just rm280

For every 2 years.so I bought it and with easy payment scheme.

The sales person mr kenneth is professional.

I am using ALPHAMAX indoor alkaline filter.I bought it at rm899 promo price.

I was told that the maintenance was also cheap compare to others.just rm280

For every 2 years.so I bought it and with easy payment scheme.

The sales person mr kenneth is professional.

i m using espring... it is fantastic!!

i suggest u buy this famous brand,becoz it can filter more than 140 bacteries n viruses.. n it safe for ur family drinking.

but i feel it is not expensive,u can buy by installment for a year.

but for me,i think our health is more important. only ur health can give u wealth..

u can call the person who service me,she is vr expert in this 012-2220100