Sign in to follow this  
flowerpetals

Grand Seasons Hotel

Hi flowerpetals...

looks nice from the picture... I e-mailed to them before to ask for a quotation, but didn't get any reply from them.. So thought they not interested lorr.. And I've not attended any dinner there before so got no comments to give...

But if you do have a quote from them, can please share with me? my e-mail is wanyeekl@yahoo.com

Thanks thanks..

their quotation starts from 698++....free corkage for beer ,wine hard liquor, free flower stands, free LCD, ice craving, etc...really quite cheap...and yes, it is in KL, Jln Pahang

only thing is that the hotel is quite old....10 years old i think....the reception area and their rooms are a little old....and it is a 4 star hotel.....

still thinking whether i should take this hotel or pay more for a 5 star hotel like renaissance/ le meridien....difference in terms of cost is quite huge.....i estimated that i would lose about $15K more after deducting ang pow money if i choose renaissance/le meridien compared to grand seasons ...renaissance seems to be not really interested in me though cuz i tld them that i will have 25 tables only although i said that i was willing to pay them $35K for half the ballroom...i think they rather sell the whole ballroom than to partition it into 2

le meridien obviously has a really nice ballroom and very new too but foodwise, not sure cuz they dun have a chinese restaurant...they r quite pricey at 1288++

dun really have much choices for hotels since i only have abt 25 tables.....places like sheraton imperial, eastin, concorde, westin, hilton need min of at least 30, some even higher than 30

dun like equatorial and crown plaza cuz their venue a bit small...nikko's junior ballroom can only cater up to 22 tables max..shang & prince's smaller ballroom is at the same level as their grand ballroom...i think it is not so nice to have your wedding at the small ballroom, then later there's another wedding in the grand ballroom, makes yours look less grand

have yet to check out mandarin...think they have a smaller ballroom in a different level from their grand ballroom

what do u guys think? shld i pay $15K more for a 5 star hotel or just save the money.....sometimes i think that the money can be better spent on other things like a honeymoon/buy more nice stuff for myself....but sometimes i think that i should spent that money and not later regret that i compromise on my once in a lifetime wedding...dilemma.....also scared that FH side think that I spend too much on the wedding since thier side is much cheaper cuz in small town mar...not in kl

15K is a lot to rugi. I would go to a cheaper hotel and then spend 4-5K on a good florist to make it look gorgoues. At the end of the day, the deco will make a big difference. So rugi less :P People will remember that you have a gorgeous banquet.

Mandarin Oriental do have a junior ballroom and it's a floor lower than the grand ballroom. The big advantage of this junior ballroom is that you will have the entire foyer for your wedding!

just got the quotation from mandarin....even more expensive than le meridien....min 1388++.......walau, wedding dinners at 5 star hotels are really expensive....just out of curiousity, what is the market rate for ang pows for wedding dinners at hotels nowadays? I used to give $100-$120 only...after doing all these research, i really think i didn't give enough when i went for my frens wedding last time...but then again, the prices has risen this year, most hotels are charging $100-$200 more per table as compared to last year

mayb i shld listen to u guys' advise...save the money and spent on deco.....but most things are already provided......they have seat covers, flower bows, flower stands, flower arch..what else to add?

Can i ask the hotel to give me their florist no and i contact them directly? has anyone done that? Or must go thru the hotel's sales person? Anyway, i was thinking that even if i tell the sales person that i want a flower arch with say pink lilies, cream roses and red berries, at the end of the day, I won't be able to see the final result till the wedding day itself and by that time, even if it doesn't turn out the way i imagine it to be, nothing can be done.

Cuz surely the florist will not make a flower arch with those flowers that i request, take a picture and get my approval in advance before the wedding day, u know what i mean? So how to make sure that the flowers turn out exactly the way u want it to be unless the florist happen to have done a wedding arch with the exact flowers that u want and has a copy of the picture to show u?

also worried that the food in grand seasons will not be nice since they also dun have a chinese restaurant...but the cook is chinese though...u knowlar, all hotels provide food tasting only after u have paid the deposit...by the time u pay the deposit, most likely u won't be changing venue even if the food not so nice unless it is really really terrible rite?

vistana hotel charged me rm500 for little extra decor, and i m happy with it.. :lol: :P :rolleyes:

Has anyone been to this hotel for functions / weddings? Would like to know how's the food like?

Many thanks...

Has anyone been to this hotel for functions / weddings? Would like to know how's the food like?

Many thanks...

Hi gals. Just wonder anyone has the latest comment on Grand Seasons Hotel? I had call for quota but not reply yet.

Please give some advice on the food and banquet. Thanks