Has anyone went for the gynae at Columbia Asia Puchong?

I have read review on Dr. Ng. How about the other two gynaes?

DR. RAJA JUHAIDAH RAJA ABDULLAH

DR. SILVAM SELLAPAN

jessie,

have you check out those home pregnancy test to confirm ?

generally most of what i read they goes to the gynae on the 9th or 10th week onwards where you can get heartbeat reading and the rest of the test done as well.

Yup, I did. Almost everyday this week :dry: and even buy different kits just to double sure :lol:

how many pregnancy test you did lah ? is it 2 line or 1 line ?

if its 2 line (positive) no matter how many you try it will also be 2 lines. it wont turn back into 1 liner...

jessie,

generally most of what i read they goes to the gynae on the 9th or 10th week onwards where you can get heartbeat reading and the rest of the test done as well.

Is it okay to clinic first, then later transfer to hospital?

Very new and blur in this :lol:

what kind of clinic are you talking about women's clinic or normal GP clinic ?

hi guys, I am currently 6 weeks preg and planning to do my first visit to gynae next week. I have chosen to go SDMC and look for Dr. Tan. Before that, may I know is there any members have experience with SDMC before? How much they normally charge per visit and how much I expect to pay if I want to have to whole process done in SDMC ? Will it costs me more than RM10k? or should be around RM8k like others? Please share with me if any. Thank you very much.

kathloo,

congrats ! we are about the same time :) i'm also about 6 - 7 weeks along and according to my GP i should wait until 9 / 10th week only see gynae as thats the time can check bb's heartbeat.

guess we are getting a CNY bb !

kathloo,

congrats ! we are about the same time :) i'm also about 6 - 7 weeks along and according to my GP i should wait until 9 / 10th week only see gynae as thats the time can check bb's heartbeat.

guess we are getting a CNY bb !

congrats too. So is that mean I don't have to check with gynae so soon? By the way, is SDMC one of the most expensive hospitals around? Have anyone been to tung shin hospital before? Is there a big difference in fees we gonna pay between these 2 hospitals? any other recommendation for good lady gynae but not too expensive. :lol:

jessie,

women's clinic. :) went to see gynae today to confirm. Confirmed 5 weeks. Now need to take care until the next scan which is two weeks later :)

jessie,

women's clinic. :) went to see gynae today to confirm. Confirmed 5 weeks. Now need to take care until the next scan which is two weeks later :)

kathloo,

sorry cant comment on tung shin vs SDMC as i'm not familiar with all these as well :)

if you have checked with GP have they mention when you should go for yr nx check up ?

i've decided to go for a male gynae as i've heard alot of good remarks and recommendation on male gynae and not so good things abt female gynae.

jessie,

congrats ! i'm about 6 - 7 weeks along according to GP but she mention its not accurate calculation as its not base on the sac but base on last menses date :) cant wait to find out more on my 2nd visit to a gynae at 9 - 10th week where she told me will be more accurate as that time can see heartbeat

jessie,

congrats ! i'm about 6 - 7 weeks along according to GP but she mention its not accurate calculation as its not base on the sac but base on last menses date :) cant wait to find out more on my 2nd visit to a gynae at 9 - 10th week where she told me will be more accurate as that time can see heartbeat

Hi Skye, congrats :) btw, did you gynae give you any folic acid and iron /calcium to consume at this early stage? Mine didnt. Just say continue eating the folic acid (w/o asking what is the dosage) After checking the website, info mention to consume 600mg of folic acid (currently i am taking 400mg)

jessie,

yup my GP (not gynae) did give me folic acid. I checked lots of website too ... i saw some mention 400mg as as well as 600mg. I dont think that 200 mg makes much of a difference compare to "NOT" having any. My guess is since you are already taking eventhough its 400mg your gynae feels that dosage is enough.

The important part is taking it. For my case I wasn't taking anything as I wasn't expecting to be pregnant at all :) so thats why i was prescribe for it.

jessie,

yup my GP (not gynae) did give me folic acid. I checked lots of website too ... i saw some mention 400mg as as well as 600mg. I dont think that 200 mg makes much of a difference compare to "NOT" having any. My guess is since you are already taking eventhough its 400mg your gynae feels that dosage is enough.

The important part is taking it. For my case I wasn't taking anything as I wasn't expecting to be pregnant at all :) so thats why i was prescribe for it.

Tot maybe u might be interested in going for this :)

http://www.pitterpatter.com.my/event-detail.php?evt_id=29

jessie,

i've already book my attendance for that event :) hubby will be going late as he will be attending the KL marathon run. What about u ?

Skye, Haven't book yet coz hubby is also going for the run :lol: Will book later.

Hubby said: go later can ar? I guess I not much of a choice but to go late :cool:

jessie,

for me hubby heading for the run and i'll go directly to the talk so hubby will be arriving abt lunch time :)

jessie,

for me hubby heading for the run and i'll go directly to the talk so hubby will be arriving abt lunch time :)

U are lucky. Hubby wont allow me to go without him.

He is so super sensitive to the places i am going. Can't blame him. I am already 34 and first time preggers.

babe, we are about the same age LOL i'm 1st time pregger too

LOL LOL LOL maybe your hubby can tell mine to relax a bit :cool:

Hi, I m 6-7 weeks now, excited n anxious coz bleeding last week. I m under Dr Tham , Puchong bandar puteri care. But my friends n sister in law recommand me to Hosp Sentosa for check up n delivery. Anyone has experience with this hospital? Which dr frm there is good?

Tq

san2010,

congrats u, me & jessie all about the same time :)

sorry i'm not familiar with Hospital Sentosa. I'll be heading to Sunway Medical to do a checkup next week though.

is your bleeding heavy until soaking ? red or brown in colour ?

According to my GP if its heavy and brown in colour you need to go to a doc immediately to ensure everything is alright but if its just spotting (not soaking your panty until needs pantyliner) then you should be alright.

once in a while i'm spotting too but its a very mild ones and i'm monitoring myself if its soak then i will go to a doc immediately.

jessie,

mine's kan cheong too but as he does alot of reading it helps for him to know not to over stress me up also ... Infact he is more worried if i'm at the stanchart run where i could easily be hurt while he is in the run with so many people around. He say in the baby event at least i'm with mothers and parents so i'm in a safer and protected enviroment.

where do you stay ? wanna chat more in gmail or facebook ?

san2010,

sorry i'm not familiar with Hospital Sentosa. I'll be heading to Sunway Medical to do a checkup next week though.

According to my GP if its heavy and brown in colour you need to go to a doc immediately to ensure everything is alright but if its just spotting (not soaking your panty until needs pantyliner) then you should be alright.

once in a while i'm spotting too but its a very mild ones and i'm monitoring myself if its soak then i will go to a doc immediately.

jessie,

mine's kan cheong too but as he does alot of reading it helps for him to know not to over stress me up also ... Infact he is more worried if i'm at the stanchart run where i could easily be hurt while he is in the run with so many people around. He say in the baby event at least i'm with mothers and parents so i'm in a safer and protected enviroment.

Skye, sure :) PM u ~.~

I am puchong and currently planning to go to columbia asia for 2nd checkup. Was thinking between Dr. Ng and Dr. Raja Jamilah.

seems that the message inbox is not working :(

san2010,

jessie,